Sugar Cube Corner - Bronies of YCM

Shradow

I feel like an a**hole for busting out laughing while Spike tried to sing the Cloudsdale national anthem.

UH . . . what is "Friendship is Dragons"?

It's a comic about the Mane 6 playing Dungeons & Dragons.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like an a**hole for busting out laughing while Spike tried to sing the Cloudsdale national anthem.

Nah don't be. I honestly fast forwarded through practically the entire episode (>>)

I honestly feel like that was the worst episode in the entire series- I've never had to fast forward through anything other than the opening.

Sounds cool. Link?

http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/

It's like 450+ pages long. I have yet to power through it myself, but it's a decent read.

If I can read "Past Sins" in a week then I think I can power through this. Also Dragon Ball Multiverse is almost twice as long as this and I've powered through it as well.

Now I just found this and I HAVE to share it, since I mentioned DBZM as well:

d17acbea9999347004386aede05005f1.gif?217

Technically it's about 6 friends playing Dungeons & Dragons in the setting of Equestria as the Mane 6. It's important to note that these aren't actually the characters from the show.

[url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CampaignComic]TvTropes[/url] describes it pretty well: The franchise as you know it (movie, TV series, cartoon, etc.) doesn't exist. Instead, the world and the characters are all part of a custom Tabletop RPG campaign.

Technically it's about 6 friends playing Dungeons & Dragons in the setting of Equestria as the Mane 6. It's important to note that these aren't actually the characters from the show.

TvTropes describes it pretty well: The franchise as you know it (movie, TV series, cartoon, etc.) doesn't exist. Instead, the world and the characters are all part of a custom Tabletop RPG campaign.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I'm glad I haven't begun reading through it yet, got caught by yet another fan fiction, so I didn't get confused by the different personalities.

At posting this I've read up to page 200. So that basically means I've blasted through almost half of the entire thing in the span of a few hours.

I'll have to admit I kind of like how this is written. It's got some funny banter and, though I've never played a complete campaign of D&D in my entire life, I get enough of the specific tabletop references to get a laugh out of them, I have to say that RPG Rarity probably has to be my favorite character out of the bunch because . . . . well . . . . rogue. They're treating her as the opposite of how she generally is in the show and that makes all the difference to me.

Shall continue reading at my leisure.

I was in a D&D club in high school, but it disbanded after the group (which was just a bunch of close friends) broke up after a disagreement. After I moved, I got into a few Pathfinders campaigns at the local tabletop store, but neither of them lasted very long.

Okay I basted through the rest of it. It was a decent read and I enjoy how some of the story elements were thrown in. I also think it was rather funny that they made someone escape from Tartarus once Cerberus ran away not knowing that the show would be doing the same thing in the future.

Bets characters have probably got to be the DM, because I know the feel of players who screw up the long thought out plan you created, and Rogue Rarity because . . . again . . . rogue.

Is it odd that Pinkie Pie doesn't change that much? Or at all?

Hyper character is hyper, what're you gonna do. I know a few people who are actually like that (though maybe without the props).

My favorite part of the series so far is probably how the first arc interpreted Twilight figuring out the Element of Magic as a massive sequence break that absolutely decimated the DM's campaign.

Also, not really your fault at all since I'm just that far behind, but someone escaped from Tartarus? I'm guessing that's Tirek? (who I only even learned about in the first place because of [url=http://askhotbloodedpinkie.tumblr.com/post/87917406023/ive-been-around]Hotblooded Pinkie Pie[/url])

Not to nitpick, but given Twilight's age in that comic, I doubt Spike would be that big.
Still, though, it's cute.

As for me...

Saw this over on KYM
[spoiler=Rainbow Dash store display]
000.jpg
158.jpg[/spoiler]

It's so suspiciously similar to the Dash model in Garry's Mod, it's actually pretty silly.

Not to nitpick, but given Twilight's age in that comic, I doubt Spike would be that big.
Still, though, it's cute.

Yes it is cute, very cute. BUt actually they're both the right age/size. Even if they weren't what Thar said remains true:

. . . . Spike was able to get that big just out of greed.

Spike was a baby when Twilight was a filly. I doubt he's gotten any bigger since then so as long as he is the same height as a filly in current age, he should be about as big as Twilight as a filly. Not to mention we have no idea when he could begin speaking so that is completely up to the fan(s).

Saw this over on KYM
[spoiler=Rainbow Dash store display]
000.jpg
158.jpg[/spoiler]

It's so suspiciously similar to the Dash model in Garry's Mod, it's actually pretty silly.

I have no idea who that is you're talking about, but I'm having another serious bout with my kelptomania right now.

I mean, seriously, I wanted to steal the Godzilla movie poster and a twelve foot cardboard cut out from the theaters. Now I kinda wanna steal this as well . . .

vFKBeZ2.png

Archived