Sugar Cube Corner - Bronies of YCM

Shradow

Also, Jake, something I wanted to say about your point with EG Snips and Snails, they may not have been bad in Equestria, but they also weren't hanging out with Sunset Shimmer in Equestria, and spending time with the wrong kind of people can have negatives effects on people.

True but at the same time we're not told how much time they've spent around her.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like Snips/Snails; They've basically grown on me.

Also the 'Scootaloo is a chicken' joke didn't come from Double Rainboom. It came from Stare Master:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu54kU0ebqE

Likewise, the other 2 Crusaders being dictionarys from was Return of Harmony Pt1 with the opening scene of them in Celest's garden.
etc.
etc.

I actually like Snips/Snails; They've basically grown on me.

Also the 'Scootaloo is a chicken' joke didn't come from Double Rainboom. It came from Stare Master:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu54kU0ebqE

Likewise, the other 2 Crusaders being dictionarys from was Return of Harmony Pt1 with the opening scene of them in Celest's garden.
etc.
etc.

Yeah I know it wasn't from double rainboom. I just thought that it meant that Scootaloo is a chicken because, well, chickens can't fly. I completely forgot the Stare Master episode, obviously, so now my joke is proven to be WAY off.

Sweetie Belle being "a dictionary" I do remember though.

Also, I realized what I wanted to say about dog Spike in EG. Assuming his age is around that of the CMC, that's not the issue of him being human. I think it's more to due with the fact that a big part of the movie was Twilight's development in learning how to interact in such a different world. If Spike, someone accustomed to being bipedal and having hands, among other things, were to be human and be able to help her the entire time, would change the dynamic of the movie too much for what they wanted to do.

Also, I realized what I wanted to say about dog Spike in EG. Assuming his age is around that of the CMC, that's not the issue of him being human. I think it's more to due with the fact that a big part of the movie was Twilight's development in learning how to interact in such a different world. If Spike, someone accustomed to being bipedal and having hands, among other things, were to be human and be able to help her the entire time, would change the dynamic of the movie too much for what they wanted to do.

That, and watching Twilight trying to adjust to played for laughs, and leads to amusing moments.

That, and watching Twilight trying to adjust to played for laughs, and leads to amusing moments.

Oh come on how could Spike trying to help Twilight, only to have her fail, not be just as funny?

What other reason is there, really? I mean, Spike is just comedy relief at best. He couldn't do that without it getting weird as a human, so, next plausible step is a dog with an implausible colour scheme if you aren't a poodle.

Hey now, he saved the entire Crystal Empire . . . okay so Cadence and Shining Armor did the major win, but he still played a big part.

If he wasn't a dog the talking dog reveal/comedy wouldn't be there either.

Yeah that was his only reason to be there really. Not saying that the joke was bad, but still yet another disservice to the little guy.

I thought it was really funny, but then again, that was the point. Like it or not, Spike is very heavily a comic relief kind of character.

Yeah I understand that. And it's fine. I've watched a lot of episodes were any of the characters have been used for a joke or as the comic relief character and it's turned out fine- but when you don't really give a character a personality outside of being "the comic relief" it becomes tiresome to even have an episode based around said character.

Ya'know..... If Spike was the hero in Power Ponies, the episode would be over in a few seconds, given the fact Spike would know full well what to do, etc, etc.

'Course, how could 1 dragon fill the whole, apparent, 6 pony team.
Unless he is the Green Ranger, in which case, Dragon Zord LOLOLOLOL

Then again, the whole episode uses the same sort of idea as Equestria Girls, in which we throw X into Y universe that Z understands, to which, X has no idea what's going on in -> Hilarity ensues.

Plus, it's like Spike has any means of avoiding goofy situations with his character, given the fact he was Hum Drum, and was fully aware of what he would expect.
Then again, it's not like he had to save the day or anything by releasing the team, if only because Maneiac only knows him as actual Hum Drum, despite the fact that he is Spike/Hum Drum.

Ya'know..... If Spike was the hero in Power Ponies, the episode would be over in a few seconds, given the fact Spike would know full well what to do, etc, etc.

'Course, how could 1 dragon fill the whole, apparent, 6 pony team.
Unless he is the Green Ranger, in which case, Dragon Zord LOLOLOLOL

Then again, the whole episode uses the same sort of idea as Equestria Girls, in which we throw X into Y universe that Z understands, to which, X has no idea what's going on in -> Hilarity ensues.

Plus, it's like Spike has any means of avoiding goofy situations with his character, given the fact he was Hum Drum, and was fully aware of what he would expect.
Then again, it's not like he had to save the day or anything by releasing the team, if only because Maneiac only knows him as actual Hum Drum, despite the fact that he is Spike/Hum Drum.

Yeah a story I just read, in which Spike goes through another growth spurt, though natural this time, where Rarity states:

"You could breath fire and bite through gems like nothing, and nopony thought you were a monster.  This doesn't change a thing."

To be honest that is very true . . . Spike's fire is powerful enough to melt that giant boulder of ice in "Equestrian Games" and gems are obviously harder than bones so he could easily injure someone if he bite them . . .

He also doesn't look all that threatening, given he's a baby and, like, 2 feet tall.

True.

Okay so I watched an ILoveKimPossibleAlot video on Discord/Celestia and how Megan McCarthy basically said the end of Season Four wasn't any inclination towards the pair being shipped . . . and KP's outright denial of it . . .

So I have to ask who do you ship with who and why?

I would really like SpikexRarity to become a thing eventually, as it not only opens up the interesting topic of interspecies relationships, but because I find unrequited love really tragic. D:

Also, we need moar TwilightxFlash. It's just cute.

Spike's fire is powerful enough to melt that giant boulder of ice in "Equestrian Games"-

Speaking of which..... Do you find it odd how his fire is orange in that?
Yet, in previous episodes it's green when he wants to burn things and/or send letters.
And don't say his green fire only works to send things, since in the events in which he HAS used to scorch stuff, said things were never sent to Celestia.

'Course, you could argue that it's only the paper that sends things, evidenced by the fact it completely gets burnt in order to be transported, but then what about that container of ink that was sent in Griffon the Brush Off?
I mean you could also say the ink was wrapped in the letter, as such, was also transported, but considering it's magic.... I highly doubt that anything touching it would also be forced to be shipped to Celestia at that.

You could also argue that Spike can pick and choose what version of said green fire he uses; He gets startled in Griffon and sends the whole stack of scrolls. Gets thrown against a wall and accidentally hits Twi with a fireball. Both of these are from a shock to him, or so to say.
Either way, that's also evidence that they aren't different forms of the same fire.

Now if you want to be really technical, shouldn't Spike's fire have turned blue at least, in order to melt that much ice that fast?

Over-analyzing the fire, but I feel it's relevant.

Archived