Sugar Cube Corner - Bronies of YCM

Shradow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was playing TF2 earlier tonight, and randomly/out of nowhere, this guy plays this song about how he either survived everyone in ponyville being killed OR he just straight-up killed everyone; Didn't really pay all that much attention to the lyrics, though, the beat was pretty good.
*ahem*

So I proposed this question to the guy who was playing that: "Assuming you would go and conquer/kill/etc/etc Ponyville, how would you go about doing it?"
I then proceeded to mention that Pinkie Pie, Discord, Flash Sentry, and to an extent, Twilight, are all Demigods(I'm joking about Flash, of course, but he doesn't know that), and that a large number of characters in the show are either too strong, or are just outright impossible to remove from the picture. I kinda' left it at that, and he didn't really reply.
But anyway... Given the fact they have stuff like cerberuses, giant dragons, etc, etc, to put up with, and how they deal with said problems quite easily/efficiently/Fluttershy-does-it-herself; Might as well add Flutter to the demigod list; It's not like one could theoretically walk into town with an AK-47 and NOT expect a fight.
Like, given the magical abilities of everyone and what they are capable of, they could also fend off things of an equal caliber. Finally, given the speed at which everyone can recover; Outside of things that are THAT fatal/wing-related, of course, it's not like any physical damage could then go and hurt them enough to keep them down and/or we use Rarity logic, and assume all of them are made of marshmallows and/or have that same consistency.

'Course, I'm disregarding the fact Sombra had a thing going for himslef when he made everyone miserable, but that's beside the point, since in this sort of scenario, we clearly can't use common sense, or at least, now that Discord is back and/or we assume everyone learned from the past of Sombra. Celestia/Luna/Cadence can even sense things ahead of time/warn the troops in advance/etc/etc.

*ahem*
I don't mean to sound morbid or anything, thinking about ways to take over Ponyville, but in all honesty, it's a pretty fascinating subject considering Ponyville is arguably the most, if not, one of the most, difficult places to conquer, if you consider all the things that go on within it's area.

So here's a question: Using this sort of knowledge/theory, and whatever else you may/can/etc find, how would you go about taking command of this place, anyway?

And don't say time travel.

Oh, also, didn't know Hot Topic now also sells the comics/has their own cover arts. #22 interests me:
Comic_issue_22_Hot_Topic_cover.jpg
Can't put my finger on it, but I don't know what the top left TV is.
The ones below it are Eat It and Like a Surgen, and I'm just going to throw caution to the wind and say the big one on the right is Dare to be Stupid.

So here's a question: Using this sort of knowledge/theory, and whatever else you may/can/etc find, how would you go about taking command of this place, anyway?

Friendship.

Duh.

Also, having finally finished S4 recently, I've decided that Bats is my favorite episode this season.

Also, having finally finished S4 recently, I've decided that Bats is my favorite episode this season.

I think a few weeks ago, I had re-watched that episode.
It's honestly, just really good in general.

Also serves as amusing fridge logic, given the ending... heh.

Armz, you made me think of this old song

http://youtu.be/7FvXznPl1J8

And made me think of the people who, when asked about the best content created by the fandom, mention things that may have been the best two or four years ago, when there were not a lot of things to compare it to, and don't really know newer stuff.

I don't really think Cupcakes nor Rainbow Factory are the most scary or disturbing pony fics, nor is My Little Dashie the saddest one. There are artist that draw ponies better than John Joseco, and the best songs don't come from Blackgryphon nor Woodentoaster.

I don't really know where my mind was going with this.

And don't say time travel.

D*MN IT ARM!!! I was just about to say time travel and you ninja me! Way to kill it dude . . . way to f*cking kill my buzz (ーー; )凸

Okay so let me think about this. Are we talking about conquering just Ponyville or are we talking about conquering all of Equestria (Crystal Empire included)?

Well I guess it really doesn't matter since in either scenario you're going to end up dealing with the Princesses, Royal Guard, etc. no matter what- though depending on when and where you strike will determine who you go up against first.

(´‐公‐`)/(Hmmm . . .)

Well first off all what are our biggest threats?

1. Celestia and Luna are definitely the most obvious ones, however, it's been shown they can be defeated. Shoot! Celestia was One-Hit KO-ed by Chrysalis. So simply overpowering can be done.
  2. Cadence and Shining Armor can prove to be worthy allies, especially since both can make city-wide impenetrable shields. But again it's been shown they can be defeated.
  3. The mane six, while individually not that difficult to take out, when combined are probably the greatest force you'd have to deal with. After all their deus ex machina of friendship has taken out every single foe Equestria's seen in a thousand years!
  4. Discord on his own is almost an impossible force to stop. It seemed that he was only able to be defeated by the Elements of Harmony. So unless you have that on your side defeating Discord probably isn't going to be possible . . . probably . . .

So given the hypathetical situation that I, as my OC, desired the sudden and complete dominance over all of Equestria, yo rule under my own hooves as I see fit. Well first of all I need an army. No evil doer can take over anything without an army to stand beside him. I would also go about obtaining about as much ancient relics as possible without attracting too much attention to my forces, which would be covert as f*cking possible.

In fact considering we've seen spells that affect the mind I would slowly but surely use the spell on influential ponies within Equestrian society in order to easily obtain a massive network of spies and brainwashed loyal subjects. Never once would I brainwash anyone of royalty, like Twilight, but family ain't off limits!

Now, mass of brainwashed ponies at my beck-and-call, as well as information gathered by them and ancient magical relics too boot . . . onto phase two!

So I've got my army, my ill gotten information and relics, but that isn't enough to take down Equestria. I'm just at the same stage Queen Chrysalis was and we know how she fared . . .

As a history professor and knowing said history of Equestria, I have gleamed the knowledge that the Crystal Heart was originally owned by dragons. So, sending someone out to the dragons, I'd make an offering to them they simply couldn't refuse (pun totally intended). Join me, defeat the Crystal Empire under my banner, and all of the Crystal Empire's crystals will be there's to gorge on to their liking. And the cherry on top . . . the prized jewel of the Crystal Empire, arguably the most prized jewel in all of Equestria, the Crystal Heart, will go to the dragons once again!

Well we have our battle plan for the Crystal Empire checked off. But if we just attack the Crystal Empire then Celestia, Luna, and the Mane Six will rush to aid them, right!?

DUH! Of course they will!

So what we need is something to occupy our dear diarchy so they can't go rushing to aid the Crystal Empire. I believe the prospect of revenge for both the Changlings AND the Griffon Empire, who has been stated to have a strained peace treaty with Equestria, will be more than enough to get both armies on my side. 

Of course I have my own army of brainwashed minions to fight for me, and beat back the two allied armies if they decide to betray me; after all by then I plan on having almost all ponies under my brainwashing spell.

So with multiple places in Equestria being under attack Celestia and Luna will be forced to divide their attention to command their troops and figure out a way to break the brainwashing spell that's befallen their subjects before they get seriously hurt in the conflict. After all you aren't going to hurt an innocent pony who's under brainwashing if you're a good ruler.

Attack on Equestria? Check!

So we have dragons attacking the north, a force that would be more than the Crystal Empire and specifically Cadence and Shinning Armor could handle on their own. And we have a massive army combined of griffons, changlings, and brainwashed ponies attacking multiple areas all over Equestria and thus splitting apart Celestia and Luna preventing them from being much help . . .

All you would need is someone strong enough, or lucky enough, to be able to take out any of those four.

That leaves the mane six. And Discord, but I'll get to him later . . .

The Mane Six is tricky. All together and they could easily defeat any force you put in front of them with their deus ex machina of friendship. But split apart they can't do a thing!

So by attacking multiple areas at once you aren't only forcing Celestia and Luna to divide their attention, but the mane six as well. I doubt Rainbow Dash would be willing to sit by and let Cloudsdale be attacked, much less Twilight sit by as dragons attack her big brother best friend forever and sister-in-law.

Twilight and Fluttershy would most likely head to the North to try and aid Cadence and Shinning Armor.

Rainbow Dash would fly off to give the Wonderbolts support at Cloudsdale.

Applejack would be defending Sweet Apple Acres because, let's face it, when it comes down to it she'd probably be more comfortable trying to save her family.

That leaves Rarity and Pinkie Pie left to defend Ponyville from any incoming attacks.

Mane Six split up. Threat of defeat by Elements of Harmony/Rainbow Power- Nullified.

Just take one out for good measure. And by "out" I mean KILL ONE OF THEM! Do NOT just capture them because MY F*CKING GOD I AM NOT LOSING BECAUSE WE LET ONE OF THE ONLY PONIES WHO CAN DEFEAT US ESCAPE!!!

This'd be easy considering my OCs special talent is basically bridging two doors together to travel across large distances quickly. Just pop in, stab one of the wielders of an Element of Harmony/Rainbow Power (hopefully Rarity), and go back to commanding my troops.

Cadence and Shining Armor- Death by Dragon Fire

Celestia- Death by Bone-Crushing Hug by a Changling and Griffon

Luna- Death by Facepalming the Pointy End of a Sword

Rarity- Death by Homicidal Rage and General Dislike of Character

So this leaves Discord. Since, as I said before, we've only ever see him lose to the Elements of Harmony how can we possibly defeat him!? Well the Elements of Harmony and Tirek, but I am NOT going to rely on him since he's obviously only going to betray me as well.

I'd honestly signal my entire invasion of Equestria with Discord being thrown into Tartarus. Open a portal to Tartarus with the Alicorn Amulet, one of those ancient magical relics I said my brainwashed minions would supply me with, and slam the door on his face. I don't know if he'd be able to get out, hoping he couldn't, but that's my best bet of getting rid of him. That and if I send him to Tartarus I'm sure Tirek is going to love "the company" . . .

Yeah. That'd be my plan to conquer Equestria. A multi-national multi-area simultanious attack. It would not only split up my enemies and greatly weakening their chances of fighting back, but attacking multiple places at the same time would prevent Celestia, Luna, and Cadence's ability to sense danger by the simple fact that the number of places under attack would make their defenses thinned considerably.

And made me think of the people who, when asked about the best content created by the fandom, mention things that may have been the best two or four years ago, when there were not a lot of things to compare it to, and don't really know newer stuff.

I don't really think Cupcakes nor Rainbow Factory are the most scary or disturbing pony fics, nor is My Little Dashie the saddest one. There are artist that draw ponies better than John Joseco, and the best songs don't come from Blackgryphon nor Woodentoaster.

I don't really know where my mind was going with this.

Well considering I read quite a lot of fan fiction for MLP as well as the videos made by the community I can say this . . . why the Hell are we even comparing them!?

There is no quantifiable way of deciding which one "is better than the rest" because it all comes down to what the person(s) deciding enjoy more than the other. The most anyone can ever do is say, "this appeals the most to the masses."

I mean I like Acoustic Brony's version of Discord more than the original simply because I heard it first and it sounds better to me. I can go on but . . . tl;dr- We're all going to be biased in some way.

Just enjoy what's good, man.

>They witnessed the events of the previous movie

Ok, this movie could get a little weird, but only from a slight suspicion I have. But regardless, I'd still love to see it..... From someone's cellphone camera/camera-in-theater/etc- I'm so fucking spineless.....

So these new villains seem to sing in order to sow the seeds of discord, then feed off the negative energy. Like some weird siren/changeling whatever. Wonder what creatures they were in Equestria, or maybe they were just ponies with evil magic, I forget if we've actually been told much about them or not.

So these new villains seem to sing in order to sow the seeds of discord, then feed off the negative energy. Like some weird siren/changeling whatever. Wonder what creatures they were in Equestria, or maybe they were just ponies with evil magic, I forget if we've actually been told much about them or not.

We haven't been privy to any information.

I don't even...

One part of Rainbow Rocks I'm looking forward to is the music. I really liked the pop style the first Equestria Girls' music had, and this time I'm assuming the songs will be more of the rock variety, which will be awesome.

I don't even...

Agreed . . .

One part of Rainbow Rocks I'm looking forward to is the music. I really liked the pop style the first Equestria Girls' music had, and this time I'm assuming the songs will be more of the rock variety, which will be awesome.

Same here honestly. I liked the songs in Equestria Girls despite the plot being shambles, so Rainbow Rocks will be interesting if the songs are close to what we've already been seeing from their promos.

What was wrong with the plot?

o(¬_¬)o

Really?

So let's go through the story, shall we?

Oh God someone got him started . . .

Sunset Shimmer is/was Princess Celestia's first student. Which the Princess just let run away to a completely different world without even the slightest attempt to bring her back. All she did was "hope" that Sunset Shimmer would return.

Why is Spike a dog in the human world? That is kind of a bad thing when you put it into perspective of his relationship to Twilight, who is a human in the other world. Does that mean dragons are essentially dogs in Equestria? Then what are Diamond Dogs? Why couldn't Spike just be a human too? We see the CMC in the same High School (that makes me think it is an all-encompassing school with all grades in one building) so a human Spike wouldn't stand out . . .

Snips and Snails just following Sunset Shimmers' orders even though we've never seen them be even remotely bad in Equestria. Sure, they woke up an Ursa Minor, but that was out of a misguided belief that Trixie could defeat it.

Why the HELL does Sunset Shimmer steal Twilight's crown, the very key to her victory, and then just swap it for the fake?

Why does she not just put the crown on and use it's power to take over Equestria like she planned?

Why did she want to be crowned Princess of the Festival then use it's power?

Honestly at first I thought that because she wasn't really a Princess, some magical spell on the crown would prevent her from accessing it's power. That would've explained why Sunset Shimmer just couldn't put the crown on and go about her plans.

BUT NO! We see she could have just easily put the crown on and used its power!

You know what that means? That means it was nothing but her ego that prevented her from just putting on the crown. That is a horrible plot hole.

That's actually the biggest flaw in almost all, if not all, of the villains in MLP.

Nightmare Moon- defeated because she believed that the Elements of Harmony were destroyed

Discord- defeated because he didn't believe the Mane Six could unit and use the Elements of Harmony against him

Queen Chrysalis- defeated because she didn't think Cadence and Shining Armor's love could defeat her

King Sombra- defeated because Cadence got the Crystal Heart

Sunset Shimmer- defeated because she thought Twilight couldn't defeat her

Tirek- defeated because of Rainbow Power

Discord (Past)- defeated because he thought Celestia and Luna couldn't defeat him

Out of the six official defeats we've seen, half of them were defeated because of their own egos.

Discord knew about the Elements of Harmony, yet when he saw them with them he just laughed and let it hit.

Queen Chrysalis didn't recognize an Alicorn Princess as a threat- letting her ego blind her.

Sunset Shimmer didn't see Alicorn Princess Twilight as a threat- letting her ego blind her as well.

I can let Nightmare Moon off the hook since she destroyed the Elements of Harmony. Even I would've believed that I'd have one if the only thing that can defeat me was smashed under my own feet.

King Sombra I can also forgive because, really, who can forsee someone THROWING THEIR OWN WIVES!?

Tirek gets the same reason, only that no one knew what was inside the box and he was completely unaware of it.

Discord of the past was defeated, also, because he let his ego get in the way and believe that nothing could defeat him- this fact makes his second defeat even that much more embarrassing/humiliating.

Villains in anything get beat all the time because of ego, I'd say it's more common than not. It usually doesn't happen only when we have genre savvy villains, which are few and far between.

Yeah that's one of my biggest pet peeves. I mean there is almost no reason for it beyond just giving your enemy the chance to beat you.

Speaking of pony toys- I still want to know what size the holes on those 'Pop' figures use.
Cuz if it's a 5mm post system they use.... Hilarity would ensue

tumblr_lme194HSsx1qj9q41o1_500.jpg

Too late

Also...
IT BEGINS

img-2942127-1-2201.png

I'll have to admit I had to watch Double Rainboom at least three times in order to get the "Scootaloo is a Chicken" joke. Kind of sad that it took that long . . .

Also, Jake, something I wanted to say about your point with EG Snips and Snails, they may not have been bad in Equestria, but they also weren't hanging out with Sunset Shimmer in Equestria, and spending time with the wrong kind of people can have negatives effects on people.

Archived