Sugar Cube Corner - Bronies of YCM

Shradow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay after looking at the Build-A-Bear workshop I have to say . . . I'm a little bit surprised that Zecora is higher in price than Twilight; coming in at $35 and $25 respectfully with no additional apparel.

Spike is the cheapest (there has to be a joke in there somewhere but I'll leave it for someone else) at $12.50. The CMC are all $15 a piece with everyone else being $25.

Considering I saw a 10'' Trixie at Wal-Mart for $10 I think, if I don't find one that's 5'', I'll buy it from there. The CMC . . . $15 is okay and for a 10'' but there's also the fact I can't find them anywhere else so . . .

I don't know, I didn't go in.

But this makes the Mane 6, Spike, Trixie, and Applebloom so far. I wonder how big that MLP section of the store is gonna get.

>Big
BIG MAC CONFIRMED NEXT
Srsly, they should add Mac next. I mean, they have AJ and Bloom, so why not?

Though, Belle and Scoot probably have priority, given the fact they want a full Cutie Mark Crusader set.

>Big
BIG MAC CONFIRMED NEXT
Srsly, they should add Mac next. I mean, they have AJ and Bloom, so why not?

Though, Belle and Scoot probably have priority, given the fact they want a full Cutie Mark Crusader set.

AS I said they already have Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle on the Build-A-Bear website so . . . yeah . . .

Honestly I think they'll do Celestia, Luna, and Cadence next since, y'know, princesses and all.

There is now a website where one can buy the license and download the model for pony figures for 3d printing. Hasbro is part of it, so at this point, there are only MLP models available. Kind of expensive, with prices going from 24.99 to 99 US$, but the artists get money too, not only Hasbro. One should be able to buy the license once and print as many copies as one wants, once we have widespread access to (cheap) 3d printing.

http://www.superfanart.com/

Ok so.... here's some interesting points~
MLP > Barbie

Panel from Comic Con
They hint at things like Flutterbat, Twilight's Library, and Starswirl.
Twilight dates everyone
Zecora and Chrys don't appear in Rocks, but they appear in "something later"; This will be neat

Although, and I'm sure, this is what all of us will take note of:

Will any of the characters in the official comics sneak into the series?
It's certainly a thing they would consider since the characters already exist. They try to keep the universe of pony connected.

This is food for thought, seeing as how it would be really damn cool if they went with this approach.

Oh, and before I forget...
b12.gif

Those girls look like they came from Monster High.

I'll call them Monstar High. They challenge the Human Six to a game of basketball battle of the bands, and will use the power of basketball pro players a magical artifact (alicorn amulet otherworld counterpart?), so the Human Six will recruit Michael Jordan Twilight Sparkle to help them. I can see the remixes coming.

Oh, and before I forget...
b12.gif

Okay so that's what the Dazzlers officially look like . . . yeah I can see the connection from book to movie now.

Ok so.... here's some interesting points~
MLP > Barbie

Still a bit disheartened that they just refer to bronies as "adult men" when in reality anyone can just call themselves a brony- male of female. It's basically the catch-all for saying your a fan of the series.

Panel from Comic Con
They hint at things like Flutterbat, Twilight's Library, and Starswirl.
Twilight dates everyone
Zecora and Chrys don't appear in Rocks, but they appear in "something later"; This will be neat

Well they hint that Starswirl might make an appearance and that Twilight's Library is going to be coming back. Those can probably happen. I doubt they will actually bring back Flutterbat though.

The "Twilight dates everypony" is most likely a joke because I'm sure they know the kind of problems that giving a romantic interest would cause for the target audience's parents and the rabid fans.

Zecora and Chrysalis don't appear in Rainbow Rocks, I can assure you that, so they at least one of them have to reappear in Season 5.

I also like how they comment on Applejack's parents at the fact they just haven't done anything because it's a topic that needs to be handled carefully.

Those girls look like they came from Monster High.

I'll call them Monstar High. They challenge the Human Six to a game of basketball battle of the bands, and will use the power of basketball pro players a magical artifact (alicorn amulet otherworld counterpart?), so the Human Six will recruit Michael Jordan Twilight Sparkle to help them. I can see the remixes coming.

Sh*t I never drew that connection until now. Nice going Berserker . . .

The "Twilight dates everypony" is most likely a joke-

I only mentioned it again because it's silly. The joke was obvious anyway.

I'm sure they know the kind of problems that giving a romantic interest would cause for the target audience's parents and the rabid fans.

You mean an interest on a more serious level, right?
Mac and Cheerlie kinda' sorta' dated.
Twi and Flash keep hitting on eachother, despite it just being hints.
etc

You mean an interest on a more serious level, right?
Mac and Cheerlie kinda' sorta' dated.
Twi and Flash keep hitting on eachother, despite it just being hints.
etc

Yeah like having a character officially "date" with someone. Making any ponies an item.

Big Mac and Cherrlie were for comedy since, well, they were both under a spell.

Twilight and Flash didn't hit on each other. Twilight was just embarrassed that she met someone who looked like Brad from the other world. Though that doesn't change what Rainbow Rock is going to do.

125769.jpg?1376883123

There being several other alicorns was just a joke a couple of years ago. Now we see an alicorn in the storyboard of season5. Maybe the Twilight dating everypony is a joke now, but eventually...

I didn't notice that at first watch. To me I think that is either an animation error or, more likely, they are not certain which race that particular pony is going to be. Alicorn might as well be a place holder like, "Hey we need a pony right here but we're not sure what type yet."

SDJKGBFKGDSBDGDSBBG SLEEPY FINALLY POSTS HERE- *ahem*

Ima just leave this here:
676.jpg
No, it's not shopped.
It's not on the site, though.
ALTHOUGH, there is/was(I forget) a method to get [x] name onto a Coke bottle... I just need to find it.
Provided, I can, since the source is somewhat foggy/I'm too lazy to google.

looked like Brad

HAH~ You called him Brad.

But I post every once in a while ^^" I have 12 posts in this thread with this one =0

I just didn't come often when the amount of new info was too overwhelming for me to keep up with, but it's all nice and slow so I can follow up for the most part.....

Soooo is there a comic book narrating Cadence's past?
And I would like the Flutterbat concept to not be dropped. Everyone's been expecting something to happen out of it because the show doesn't usually just drop a random gag like that.

That Twilight-dating joke is.... odd. If it's an inside joke I don't think it's worth bringing up on an interview. If it's a joke of some sort, I don't get it, it's kinda out of tone with the series. Unless "date" means something else.....

Do you honestly expect me to remember what the Hell he was called in the human world? Σ(`_´)

You're lucky I just remember him at all.

Soooo is there a comic book narrating Cadence's past?

That would be this:

maxresdefault.jpg

And since everything that has Hasbro's mark on it is canon unless it goes against the show . . . this is officially how Cadence became an Alicorn.

And I would like the Flutterbat concept to not be dropped. Everyone's been expecting something to happen out of it because the show doesn't usually just drop a random gag like that.

Yeah that kind of annoyed me. I mean it makes you think, "oh is something big building up?" Only to have nothing come of it. Not to mention the first few episodes were not really that good in hindsight.

Flutterbat returning is agreeable with me, moreso than Flutterhulk to be honest, but I won't be disappointed if we never see the transformation again. Just means fans will get to do whatever we want with Flutterbat.

Perfect Example

flutter_bat_and_apple_i_phone_my_little_

One can't really expect to get a lot out of a panel like that of ComicCon. They are to answer questions, but not really give spoilers, so it's mostly about us seeing how they can subvert the answers and stuff.

I want to make a Equestria Girls version of this scene.

http://youtu.be/qDKwlDHIg-Q

One can't really expect to get a lot out of a panel like that of ComicCon. They are to answer questions, but not really give spoilers, so it's mostly about us seeing how they can subvert the answers and stuff.

Well that's pretty true

I want to make a Equestria Girls version of this scene

I can see someone doing it eventually.

Now for a change of topics or a change back to a previous topic if you will.

I was searching around for something interesting on FiM Fiction and I happened upon a character sheet for OCs. I think it'd be fun if people here filled them out. What does everyone else think?

Name:

Nickname:

Kind of Being:

Mane:

Coat:

Eyes:

Cutie Mark [if applicable]:

Family Members:

Pets:

Best Friend:

History:

Gear:

Talents, Abilities, or Powers:

Relationship:

Fears:

Faults:

Good Points:

What She/He Wants More Than Anything Else:

Personality:

If you felt the need to make your OC have no family, does that, by default, put him/her into Ow-The-Edge tier?
I'll make mine later/later this week/later if I remember. Can't really do so right now.

Also-
Earlier today I heard from someone that over in France they are making an Equestria Girls spinoff, where it's just them in the human world.
Literally the first time I heard that; Guy was likely making up shit; Never heard of it/seen anything related to that/etc/etc anywehre.

Though, would be rather amusing for a series.

If you felt the need to make your OC have no family, does that, by default, put him/her into Ow-The-Edge tier?

Eh if you give a plausible reason why he/she doesn't have a family or why the family isn't around I don't see why it would be bad.

Earlier today I heard from someone that over in France they are making an Equestria Girls spinoff, where it's just them in the human world.
Literally the first time I heard that; Guy was likely making up s***; Never heard of it/seen anything related to that/etc/etc anywehre.

Though, would be rather amusing for a series.

This has already been discussed.

Archived