[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the baby Rulers gone (an excellent choice, IMO), Dragon Rulers will lose a TON of their speed and consistency without being completely a non-entity. You will definitely see them teched in Attribute focused Decks. Redox will be relevent with a bunch of Decks, Blaster will be relevent in Fire Fists, etc, Tidal in Mermails and so forth...Tempest was never really relevent, but he'll exist.

Dragon Rulers tend to use other Rulers as fodder for their Summons, then searching the baby forms of the banished Ruler, then using the baby's effects to Summon another adult from the Deck and Xyz for a Rank 7. That's the type of speed Rulers had that was entirely the fault of the babies. The adults' limitations is what tried to balance them and probably would have been better if the babies never happened.

With the baby Rulers gone (an excellent choice, IMO), Dragon Rulers will lose a TON of their speed and consistency without being completely a non-entity. You will definitely see them teched in Attribute focused Decks. Redox will be relevent with a bunch of Decks, Blaster will be relevent in Fire Fists, etc, Tidal in Mermails and so forth...Tempest was never really relevent, but he'll exist.

Dragon Rulers tend to use other Rulers as fodder for their Summons, then searching the baby forms of the banished Ruler, then using the baby's effects to Summon another adult from the Deck and Xyz for a Rank 7. That's the type of speed Rulers had that was entirely the fault of the babies. The adults' limitations is what tried to balance them and probably would have been better if the babies never happened.

I at least knew that.
I am SO glad I didn't participate much this past format.
Maybe this Dragon Ruler-lite format will be better.

You can't really counter Gorz like that but it's just stupid that it can be dropped twice in 1 game now...

So?
We've got Unlimited Mirror Forces, Torrentials are at 2, and there exist plenty of cards that can ignore the existence of cards on your opponent's field (Star Eater, Armades, or Phantasmal), making Gorz not that big of a threat in my eyes.

So got that, people? Buy your 20 cent Rare No. 104s now, before they jump in price.

Honestly, if this list is real, aside from Storm being swapped with Trunade, I really like the list, and might actually play rated matches again. I didn't all last format because the format was ridiculous. And I had played during Six Sam and Inzektor format previously.

iirc you can't Solemn OR Torrential Gorz. Gorz resolves in the hand and summons during the Damage Step, you can't respond to him.

You can't Judgment Gorz. You can Warning it.

My thoughts on the list:

Banned

Babies - Good move Konami, good move indeed. You hit the deck whilst still being able to sell the tins

Jugement - Again, good move Konami. Now Judgment you be a good card and stay in your Yugimonz jail cell. *throws key*

Limit'd

Rooster - O....k. Good hit, but a bit odd since it only just came out.

Birdman - Another good Tuner got hit, wow!

Abyssteus - ...Eh? Okay then.

Shark - Bit of a strang hit tbh.

Trishula - What? Okay then, I can make a profit on the Trish I bought when it was still banned.

Big Eye - Another good move Konami.

Divine Wind - Well... it hits that FTK.dek but I never cared much for the card.

Super Rejuv - We knew it was gonna get hit, but I'm a tad surprised it went to 1.

Sphere - ...Okay then.

Semi'd

Bestari - Gyzarus is still a thing, so 'tis a risky move.

Gorz - *Rubs eyes* The only doubt I have with the list. Why would they do this?

Grand Mole - Cool beans.

Black Whirlwind - BWs get a buff, still odd indeed.

Unlimit'd

Tskuyomi - I'm fine with this. We all said that it can go to 3 a while back.

Magician - So they basically switched Magician for Shark... ok.

ARA - I'm fine with that... atm.

E-Call - Not sure what to think.

Duality - Another good move I reckon.

Scapegoat - ...Eh?... Why?

Mirror Force - I don't think anyone used it when it went to 2, so I don't think anyone would now.

I think he thinks that someone is going to summon something else after Gorz and he can activate TT, but people aren't bad enough to do that are they?

Or you summon something to trip Torrential yourself.
Also, in my eyes, it's not a matter of being bad.
It's a matter of being desperate.
Also, since you are all quivering in your boots at how horrifying Gorz is, I repeat my earlier inquery.
How would YOU counter the threat of your opponent using 2 Gorz in their Decks?

Also, since you are all quivering in your boots at how horrifying Gorz is, I repeat my earlier inquery.

If you can make 3 material Rank 4's, you make 104 and laugh

Otherwise... things are much much harder.

I'm actually loving Trish at 1, my Dark World match-up at Game 1 just got SO much better. Gorz going to 2 doesn't really make since to me, and I wish Book of Moon would have went to 2.

The Dragon Rulers deck itself is dead, Spellbooks become cute again, Mermails play the Bestiari game now, Big Eye going to 1 does next to nothing, WIN'd OTK dies,and I'm not quite sure what this does to Fire Fists.

Black Whirlwind is the big one, I know a few people who were screaming for it to go to 2. Grandmole is annoying but not game breaking, Bestiari give Glads some breathing room, although I'm not thrilled about Gyzarus spam becoming a thing again.

Heroes get their 3rd Call back, though they don't really need it. Advanced Ritual Art of to 3 is eh; I don't agree with it but whatever. Scapegoat at 3 actually helps a few decks, Mirror Force belongs nowhere but the side, and Pot of Duality is at 3 again yay. I don't even know if Wind-ups can toolbox anymore with Shark at 1.

I like most of the changes, although I wish some things were done and something weren't. There's still stupid crap floating around, but this looks like a decent list for the format.

Exactly, you have to go minus to "counter" it...

And I'm saying you can't really.. which it's annoying that Gorz is supposedly at 2 now...

Actually, I've been thinking it over, and I think Gorz being Semi-Limited is brilliant.

Right now, the meta is all about sweeping the opponent's field while, at the same time, getting out a bunch of big cards really fast, and pushing for game in one move.
The double chances of Gorz will slow it down somewhat, and make people be smarter about their plays.

Which is what this game was built upon. Strategy.

I hope this hasn't been posted around here already, but I heard this is a strong rumour:

Newly Forbidden:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (炎征竜-バーナー)
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (風征竜-ライトニング)
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (地征竜-リアクタン)
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (水征竜-ストリーム)
Spellbook of Judgment (魔導書の神判)

Newly Limited:
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (立炎星-トウケイ)
Genex Ally Birdman (A・ジェネクス・バードマン)
Mermail Abyssteus (水精鱗-ディニクアビス)
Wind-Up Shark (ゼンマイシャーク)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (氷結界の龍 トリシューラ)
Number 11: Big Eye (No.11 ビッグ・アイ)
Divine Wind of Mist Valley (霞の谷の神風)
Super Rejuvenation (超再生能力)
Abyss-sphere (アビスフィアー)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari (剣闘獣ベストロウリィ)
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (冥府の使者ゴーズ)
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole (N・グラン・モール)
Black Whirlwind (黒い旋風)

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi (月読命)
Wind-Up Magician (ゼンマイマジシャン)
Advanced Ritual Art (高等儀式術)
E – Emergency Call (E-エマージェンシーコール)
Pot of Duality (強欲で謙虚な壺)
Scapegoat (スケープ・ゴート)
Mirror Force (聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-)

I saw it in a different forum and thought I'd bring it here, the guy who posted it there didnt post a source (but he is very trust-worthy). I can ask for it if I want though.
(I only know he had seen it in a chinese site)

Edit: oh, now I see it might be fake, but not 100% either way, so I guess we just have to wait (ot is anybody familier with this list and want to share his knowledge about it?)

we've been discussing this for pages ffs. I think most of us would appreciate if you actually read what we've been saying. We've been discussing about how Snake already posted this and everyone's come to the conclusion that it is most likely real and none of us (except Final Fan for some reason, no actual idea why) like the idea of Gorz at 2

Archived