E*HERO Pit Boss & Grandopolis, The Eternal Golden City

I'm honestly bothered by this.  Konami keeps rustling my jimmies by making Match Winners with awesome art/names that could have came with awesome concepts.  But no!!!  Instead, they make them Match Winners.

tumblr_m7yf4p2WnX1rwklj5o1_400.jpg

Fecal matter-eating fornicating match-winning beast-makers!

You can't play worlds cards anyways, so it doesn't matter what their effects actually are. Besides, wasting good art? If the art wasn't good, people wouldn't want to win them as much.

People would still want to win even if they had bad art.  Worlds is the most prestigious tournament in all the world, and everyone would like the chance to say "I beat Worlds and here's my proof."

I am pretty upset with Pit Boss... I am a HUGE of the HERO archtype and yesterday I saw on the wiki in the "Last Edits" section about this card and I was totally exicited and shocked about seeing a new HERO after all those years and I saw it was a fu**ing Match Winner that besides the fact that it cannot be used in a real Duel, you cant really Summon it with a HERO deck AND it's not even supporting HEROes with it's all Spellcaster-Type Xyz Material thing.

But I guess it's better to have a bad HERO rather then non-HERO.

And just to make everything clear; he is in no way an Elemental HERO! It is a new lonely kind of HERO called E(star) HERO, let's just hope they'll make more of those, but ones we could actually play...

By the way, about this star thing Konami has started to use, when you're saying the monster's name; are you saying this star thing? like: " I Xyz Summon E Star HERO Pit Boss", or you're saying: "I Xyz Summon E HERO Pit Boos"? 

So you think they should give crappy prizes just because people want to win?

Why else would people play?  The prizes themselves are already crappy.  It's more like fecal matter covered in glitter and diamonds.  They should have made them at least represent what they really are.

Questions about E•HERO Pit:

It says must be special summoned. Does this mean you have to when you have 3 lvl 6 monsters? (Just double checking)

Also:

If this card attacks your opponent directly and reduces their Life Points to 0, while it has an Xyz Material attached that was originally Spellcaster-Type, you win the Match.

What? Why is this even an effect? When you attack someone to 0, they will always lose.

And it's name... what is with that star? It's cool and all, but it is odd.

Questions about E•HERO Pit:

It says must be special summoned. Does this mean you have to when you have 3 lvl 6 monsters? (Just double checking)

Also:

If this card attacks your opponent directly and reduces their Life Points to 0, while it has an Xyz Material attached that was originally Spellcaster-Type, you win the Match.

What? Why is this even an effect? When you attack someone to 0, they will always lose.

And it's name... what is with that star? It's cool and all, but it is odd.

"Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways" It's pretty literal. You cannot reborn it when it's send to the Graveyard or stuff like that. Xyz Summoning it with 3 Level 6 monsters as materials is the only way of bringing it out. If you are not familiar with Xyz Summoning, you should check the wikia.

A "Match" is different than a "Duel". If you win the first duel of a match by attacking directly with this card (while it has a Spellcaster-Type monster as a Xyz Material) you instantly win the match, without the need to play the following games. That's why this kind of cards are considered unfair.

And about the last question..., we all wander the same thing.

I hate that they keep printing Match Winners as the prize cards. I'm glad that you can't use the prize cards in official duels (if you could use such cards it official duels it would be completely unfair), but I hate that they're cards that nobody would use anyway. In my opinion, they should design these prize cards more like "Get Your Game On!" - a card that supports a weaker archetype but in a way that they would never print in real life. It would make them at least casual playable, for what that's worth.

As for the cards themselves, not much more to say other than "waste of names and art."

Archived