*The YCM Channel Headquarters*

CinnamonStar

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please note that the statistics will change before the next issue is up. This is what I have currently with everything as it is.

[spoiler=CardCenter Edition 1 (Rough) ]

This is

CardCenter_zps185d600e.png

Welcome to the first edition of CardCenter. I am your host, Nathanael D. Striker. The October-December Leaderboard season is in full swing, and the action is heating up. There is currently a tie between Therrion and Mugendramon for first place with a record of 3 wins and 1 loss followed by Necro Light and Instinct in a tie for third place with a record of 1 win and no losses.

In other news, new members are taking advantage of the contests available, and are either competing in ones already made or making their own. This is leading to an increased activity in the Card Contests forum, but at the price of quality as there have already been rule infractions for hosting more than one contest at a time or creating a contest that promotes bad card making. While I hope that this surge of activity continues, I pray that the activity starts picking up in quality as veteran cardmakers seem to be less inclined participate in contests ran by new members due to their inexperience. Only time will tell if this becomes a reality.

Backtracking to the tie for first place in the Leaderboard, Therion and Mugendramon appear to be evenly matched with their respective records of 3 wins and 1 loss. With their only 1v1 to date, Therrion boasts a record of 1 win and no losses against Mugendramon. However, Mugendramon has been more dominant with a vote differential of 6 (10 votes for and 4 votes against) compared to Therrion’s vote differential of 4 (9 votes for and 5 votes against). These statistics don’t hold much weight considering the current season is in its second week, but the statistics do tell us we are in for an interesting season to finish off the year.

Speaking of Mugendramon, he is the subject of today's centerpiece. Today’s centerpiece is on the Leaderboard and its impact as well as Mugen’s thoughts about Therrion and their 1v1, but first we shall learn a bit about Mugendramon.

So Mugen, care to tell the readers a bit about yourself and your background on YCM?

Right. Mugendramon here. I've been here for the better part of four years (really, that long...), and I must say I've gone through a few things in this site.

From the most obvious starting point- making shitty cards- through a stay in the Absolute Powerforce, where I went under the name of BlindMonkey; meeting my best friend and various other very important people; a few scandals here and there (eh, Striker?) and a lot of playing this game... and |_)DigiQuartz(_| & |_)The Digital Revolution(_|, two clubs of which I was a very active, if not important part of... to the present, where I became a Mod for the C&O section in order to help Opal and sadly perhaps replace her when she leaves.

*deep breath* That's about it.

Yea, I still remember some of those scandals. Anyway, you sound more like a C/O person than a cardmaker. What initially made you start voting in Leaderboard 1v1s and eventually compete in them? Also, what keeps you going while we’re at it?

Let's not beat around the bush, I was flat out bored. My first opponent being Zanda- a guy I respect, personally- was a deciding factor in my getting into it. Then I just kinda started doing it for the hell of it.

Then I lost to Therrion. So it became game. F***ing. On.

I only plan to compete this season, but I intend to stick around for voting. I realized, after months of thinking this wouldn't work out at all, that it IS working. Some people get visibly better at making their cards and they sorta learn from each other. Sure, there are those who suck at it and might not be making their best efforts to change that... but some visible examples of the opposite can be seen here and there.

Speaking of Therrion, you two had a very interesting 1v1 when you both were 3-0. Care to give me your thoughts on that 1v1 and if there was something different that you could have done? Also, care to give me your thoughts on Therion’s cardmaking considering that you have seen his work from the previous seasons?

Oh, you misunderstand. I didn't even look  at your Leaderboard before I gave it a shot. Maybe voted once or twice, but I sure as hell wasn't looking at what or whom I was voting for.

I'm going to be really clear and specific about why I lost to Therrion. I tried to fit a card effect to an image. The result was disastrous and it lost to a card which was less of a ruling nightmare... albeit still a bit more broken than the one I made if you ask me.

But holding grudges is a terrible policy, so anything I might have felt at that time, butthurt or somesuch, is gone now.

Alright, fair enough. You mentioned previously that the Leaderboard wouldn’t work at all. Any particular reasons why you thought this? I would ask why you changed your mind as well, but you touched a bit on that earlier. Though, you can go more in depth on that if you wish.

Though I'm a bit ashamed of how I saw it, the answer to that is simple. It was organized by you, and I didn't like your way of doing things very much.

This is no longer the case, but the reasoning behind the statement can kind of be seen today. Because while I realize that the cardmaking ability doesn't necessarily translate into your way of handling the tournament at all; look at the card you made. It doesn't inspire much confidence.

Though I'd rather avoid the subject since I'd rather not badmouth you while you interview me. Sorry about that.

It’s fine. I know my glory days are long gone and that I don’t make a lot of cards anymore, but I can still make a good card now and then. Though, I can still run some good card contests in spite of that. All that can be debated, but that’s for another day. Now to wrap up the interview, is their any advice you want to give to inspiring cardmakers who wish to compete in the Leaderboard or just in general?

Always finding a way to make it about you, eh? Heh, I'm kidding.

Play the goddamn game. You can't make good cards if you have no idea what players are looking for in cards.

Oh and learn the problem-solving card text and the way things are worded. It really makes your cards that much better. Because seriously nothing is more offputting than a terribly-written card.

Good day.

Thank you Mugen, and have a good rest of your day.

Well ladies and gentlemen, this has been CardCenter. Hope you have a good day and I’ll see you during our next edition. Now let’s turn it over to [insert next person’s name here] with [insert next segment’s title here].

[/spoiler]

Looks great so far.:3

Personally, it would have been interesting for me to hear what his favourite creation for the Leaderboard has been so far and maybe you reviewing his latest winner card. But it's probably too late now.

(Also another small thing (like reeeaaally small and many people here tend to do that): Some commas aren't really needed like after "available" in the second paragraph. But it's not important at all, I just notice it because German punctuation rules use a lot of those and I know that English doesn't.:3)

Otherwise it's good as it is. Please remember to post or send your stuff to LeCreateur as soon as possible. Tomorrow is the deadline and we want to release an edition on Thursday.=3

Looks great so far.:3

Personally, it would have been interesting for me to hear what his favourite creation for the Leaderboard has been so far and maybe you reviewing his latest winner card. But it's probably too late now.

I'll keep that in mind for the next edition. I did have a lot on my mind while I was doing this. XD

(Also another small thing (like reeeaaally small and many people here tend to do that): Somme commas aren't really needed like after "available" in the second paragraph. But it's not important at all, I just notice it because German punctuation rules use a lot of those and I know that English doesn't.:3)

I am taking German 101, but I haven't noticed the extensive use of commas yet. And alright.

Otherwise it's good as it is. Please remember to post or send your stuff to LeCreateur as soon as possible. Tomorrow is the deadline and we want to release an edition on Thursday.=3

He said the deadline is Monday the 14th. Not sure what timezone he is in tbh. Also, I may need to point out the updated statistics the day before we go live. That or I may have to keep it until then to make the necessary changes.

I said the 15th is the due date, and I'm US East Coast timezone atm.

Also Opal, while commonly used English doesn't use the comma a lot like German, PROPER English does.

I'll be checking for grammatical errors prior to posting, so I should catch whatever others miss.

I'm writing my review right now, though I'm prepared to moderate it so that it works well with Creator's cooperation with it.

I'm liking this anime review thing, though. It's making me want to watch more anime, which is awesome, so I'm thinking, for the Halloween episode, I can review either Shiki or Another. Their both horror-based, and they're both on my To-Watch list. Question is: Which one?

Also Opal, while commonly used English doesn't use the comma a lot like German, PROPER English does.

Nah, as someone who has learned both languages "properly", both use a lot of them, but what I mean is that German has a few rules I haven't found anywhere else (some that are pretty useless imo).

But I'm usually not a grammar/language nazi so whatever makes something understandable works for me.

also he wanted feedback and everything was flawless-amazing so i had to say something besides 'yeah, good', eh?xD

I'm writing my review right now, though I'm prepared to moderate it so that it works well with Creator's cooperation with it.

I'm liking this anime review thing, though. It's making me want to watch more anime, which is awesome, so I'm thinking, for the Halloween episode, I can review either Shiki or Another. Their both horror-based, and they're both on my To-Watch list. Question is: Which one?

Haven't seen any of them.

The plot summaries both sound interesting though, I'll probably watch 'Another' too.

I must have misread that the deadline was on the 13rd, but that gives me more time to finish the pre-Halloween article.xD

Alright, sounds good.

I will post the preview tonight then and send you the Halloween bit too. The other article will have to wait until tomorrow since like Striker's, it will be kind of a...last-update thing (incase something important happens somewhere).

Which Archetype did you review or is that classified?=o And the Anime is still ""My Bride is a Mermaid"?

And the Anime is still ""My Bride is a Mermaid"?

Yes, because at this point, it's literally impossible to change my mind. I can't watch an entire series in 2 days. xD

As for the Halloween episode... I'm going with Another, since it's nice and short, and from what I've seen it's less known.

Another sounds really interesting.=o

And I agree, centering may look better and some of the images didn't come out right (as usual, idk what happens). I fixed the image tags you missed, but all the cards are gone.:< Also can you un-spoiler the riddles and the Halloween and weather articles too please?=D They all look...apart from the rest lol.

Archived