Kill La Kill

Nicο

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they hadn't blown this show's entire budget on episode 5.

Ending was kind of shit but the ride there was fun, I'll admit. There really needs to be a movie with an actual final space battle instead of the abortion we got. Imaishi needs to get his shit together and either give us a movie/sequel or get Trigger the rights to make PSG2, and soon.

Finally got my friends caught up and finished the show with them. Holy f*** that was awesome.

Nudist combining mechs.

Gamagori turned into Gurren Lagann for a second there.

Super Saiyan Ryuko.

BUT SENKETSU. TT^TT

Also, I don't really think Mako is lesbian, female friends go on "dates" all the time, and the kiss was pretty slapstick and just part of Mako's random ass bits.

All in all, super awesome show.

Part 1 (Ends at around Nui showing up)

Series is well written overall, though heavy on the fanservice. Characters develop, relationships are formed/set, and while not 100% they made it believable that Satsuki and company was good. Lots of development and thought out moments.

Part 2 (Nui Appears -> End of Conquest Arc thing)

Story starts getting a little weaker. The conquest arc becomes something equivalent to a tournament arc (The vs E4 version worked, this didn't as much) and starts getting cluttered. Personally, I feel like Nui's interaction with Ryuko/Satsuki felt a bit strange from the start, albeit intriguing. All in all, I feel like this is where the story began to weaken, and really became "Kill Nui, beat Satsuki, blahblah Senketsu drama". Other than beat Satsuki, this persisted until the end, where Satsuki was replaced with Ragyo. Still not bad, but it just... felt less structurally sound.

She was like a watered down Ghirahim, and really didn't pay off in the end.

Part 3 (Plot Twist through the end):

The writing went to hell and it became a pile of references meant to induce hype.

The twist, while it made sense, opened up more plot holes than sealed them. Why is Ryuko ever at risk of bleeding out if she can take such massive damage and heal instantly? How doess Senketsu not realize she's part life fiber? Etc.

The OG Life Fiber is nothing more than a goddamn eva. Made of fiber. What.

To continue, the plot got really stupid at this point. There was nothing coherent about magical clothing from space. It's something you'd see in a gag series, not serious. It's easier to take Yugioh or Cardfight seriously than this. Card Games saving the world makes more sense than magical space clothing that eats people after spending millions of years breeding and training them... It doesn't make fucking sense.

The subplot of Tsumugu (I even forgot his name he's so fogettable)/Berserk Kamuis was basically ignored. Hell, Kamuis as a WHOLE were ignored. They were implied to be rare but existing, yet we see 2 and they're treated as if they're all of them; oh, sorry, there were three. Just one was easy as fuck to forget. And Junketsu was just thrown aside as a plot point as well, becoming nothing more than a slave with no explanation. If it was as fucking evil as the series made it out to be, Isshin/Souichiro wouldn't have told his 5 year old daughter to use it.

Ryuko's turning on Senketsu made no sense. It was implied Ragyo did it, but we got no fucking explanation.

The S.S. Naked Sun was nothing more than Daigurren. It even had a finisher that mimmicked Daigurren. Which followed with the E4, Satsuki, and Ryuko holding Mako ala TTGL.

Satsuki and Ryuko used MetalGarurumon/WarGreymon imagery to ignite older fans who grew up on digimon.

The overly buff and masculine, albeit truely submissive, character with blonde hair... Ended up having a form based on asserting his inner self. Moreso than before. On top of this, he turned into Lagann.

Ionuma just started losing any relevance other than plot fuel.

Nonon was degraded to pure fanservice.

Sanageyama actually warp digivolved.

Ryuko became Crimson Mode/Omnimon at the end. On one hand, Senketsu was basically used as Grani and the color/design implies Crimson Mode, especially considering Ryuko is fighting for a date. On the OTHER hand, it was formed by Main Hero X and Main Hero Y plus the wishes of everyone in the form of their clothes.

Iori became something between Dracula and Doc Oc.

Senketsu/Ryuko's final rant was just Simon's rant at the anti-spiral reworded.

It boiled down to abandoned/fucked up plot points with a lot of references used as glue. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here before I do too much.

I honestly believe Nui did more damage to the show than good.

I also feel like they rewrote Ragyo halfway through, but that's just personal theory due to vibes I get from the series.

I don't really count half of those, it's Trigger's style to do that as they're the people who did things like TTGL. Just because they do stuff like that often doesn't mean it's just a reference to another of their work.

Yeah that's why I edited it. I thought it over and that argument seemed invalid. As in what I was saying.

The show was glued to references since Goku Uniforms

Or Super Saiyan in space

I dunno

Nevermind that s***, you can't deny the last 3 or so episodes were made of consistent, almost solid references to the point where you forget there's supposed to be a final boss there.

I can't name anything =D

Past Super Saiyan

Because I haven't seen anything else related to it that I can think of.

Ehh I had a feeling the final boss was going to be worthless, all things considered. I mean duh the MC has a severe case of "I win you lose in about 5 seconds"

I can't name anything =D

Past Super Saiyan

Because I haven't seen anything else related to it that I can think of.

Ehh I had a feeling the final boss was going to be worthless, all things considered. I mean duh the MC has a severe case of "I win you lose in about 5 seconds"

A generous more than half of the list josh wrote happened in the last three episodes.

A generous more than half of the list josh wrote happened in the last three episodes.

I mean there is references and then there is writing. I mean it depends. So I didn't use the list because I can't actually relate and compare what is just similar writing and what is just obvious references.

But overall it did go downhill towards then end but the hype was so large I almost didn't notice the deterioration of the show.

Archived