Kill La Kill

Nicο

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is 4kids still a thing anymore?

Anyways, started watching the show for the third time with another group of my friends. There's just something nice about having 6 people react to everything as it comes, entirely new to them. Also, one of my friends is pretty good at guessing things, like he anticipated Ryuko using the Scissor Blade during the tennis game, and that the Kamuis are so skimpy so as to reduce the amount of life fibers coming in contact with the skin and reduce the chance of losing control.

Seems like 24 will be the final episode. 23 has awesome fight scenes and more cool Uzu badass scenes, but really it was the most predictable and boring of them all. I guess I've gotten over Kill la Kill, since every since like episode 20 it felt like it was being unnecessarily dragged out. I mean there's cool plot twists and stuff, but now it's not exciting since Ragyo needs to be defeated like a million times.

I... feel like it lacked something.

It doesn't feel like the series ended. Not in a "I can't believe it's over" way, in a... it felt like something shoulda been there that wasn't.

I agree.

It felt almost rushed. Does Trigger do this in their other animes? > <

It gave me feels at times but was really kinda rushed and missing something. Maybe I crave the aftermath too much or I am pissy about Senketsu.

It just felt....lacking. While amazing.

Nui was too rushed etc etc.

There's a Kill la Kill special planned for sometime later in the year. That could serve as a more fitting closer since I doubt they'd do something random like a beach OVA.

I think it would have been better if the final battle happened over 2 episodes instead of one to get a bigger rumble between Ryuko and Ragyo. 

However, I still really enjoyed the finale. Super Saiyan Ryuko, hilariously awesome Gamagoori, that one last passionate Mako rant, even the naked mob catching Ryuko was pretty funny to me.

Overall, Kill la Kill is an awesome action anime. It'll maybe go on as one of the greats.

I don't think they're confirmed as lesbos, tbh. Just based on how Mako... well, IS, I can't see it happening.

If their final credits-date DIDN'T include my Queen, then I think it would be a little more plausible. But with everything that happened with Gamagoori, I'm highly leaning towards that. Though, this might also be my bias towards Iramako speaking. Favorite ship.

I guess we'll find out in the Septemeber OVA. Hopefully.

Archived