Kill La Kill

Nicο

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that's the thing, the hype replaced the quality.

Unless I am mis-understanding hype, I felt that the hype was what made it so good- it felt enjoyable and exciting to watch. Lately quality hardly peaks for me...as in even the good stuff didn't spark excitement like this did. I really felt like the getting hyped was the quality of the series and without it it might not have been nearly as good. It was just...so epic...and it was enjoyable to watch. Without it the series would have been dry but that does bring up the point of better writing. Regardless, the hype of the series made it one of the more interesting animes I had seen in a while.

I wasn't really hyped (I did simply put off watching the show for over a week to let others catch up), I just think the show's awesome.

You say the quality was nothing but hype and references, but neither apply to me and I thought it was still great, so maybe you're just being overcritical.

The third part of the show offers nothing new- it could very well be TTGL - The Clothes The Musical.

The execution of the third part was not the best Gainax has had to offer, and it was cluttered with so many references that it up and lost all of the epic there should have been to it.

Trigger didn't do TTGL, Gainax did. Also all this bitching about the references to other franchises is stupid, that's what Imaishi is known for.

That said they made several major mistakes with the show. First, they blew the entire budget on episode 5. Second, after the reveal, every plot device was obviously flagged. Also, there were no character deaths for characters that actually had death flags (cue Electric Shamisen). The last three episodes were incredibly predictable even in comparison to the rest of a very predictable series. Finally, the final battle was a major cop-out.

At least Ragyou kept it real to the bitter end.

Trigger didn't do TTGL, Gainax did. Also all this b****ing about the references to other franchises is stupid, that's what Imaishi is known for.

That said they made several major mistakes with the show. First, they blew the entire budget on episode 5. Second, after the reveal, every plot device was obviously flagged. Also, there were no character deaths for characters that actually had death flags (cue Electric Shamisen). The last three episodes were incredibly predictable even in comparison to the rest of a very predictable series. Finally, the final battle was a major cop-out.

At least Ragyou kept it real to the bitter end.

The lead of trigger worked on TTGL.

And I don't actually mind the references in the least, I just mind that they were used in place of a plot. Personally, I love writing that references other things a lot, but it needs to do it along with a plot as opposed to just outright OH LOOK HYPE REFERENCES

The lead of trigger worked on TTGL.

And I don't actually mind the references in the least, I just mind that they were used in place of a plot. Personally, I love writing that references other things a lot, but it needs to do it along with a plot as opposed to just outright OH LOOK HYPE REFERENCES

That's what I said. See: Imaishi. Trigger did not do TTGL, regardless.

ftfy

Hear, hear!

Sanageyama comes in second for me, cuz Nobuyuki Hiyama (voice of guys like Link and Viral) voicing him is wonderful, and character development. Also, he's probably got one of the coolest, most intimidating scenes:

vlcsnap-2013-11-07-15h34m38s46.png

When it comes to the fanservice, while there was a lot of it, given the nature of the outfits, I found most all of it very non-sexual, and began to tune it out just a couple episodes in. I was too interested in the action and other things the show had to offer.

Archived