Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

@Tormented, it's not the case all the time though, and imo, even if the image is nice and all, doesn't mean that the card itself is good. Also, that means that written cards are really lazy. But I understand why you'd say that though. Anyway, Kyng is right. Internal competition and contests will really be interesting, it can be a form of exercise to sharpen the member's card-making ability. So, yeah. the tourney/contest section is needed(not a priority though).

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entirely caught up on yesterday, but I disagree with the way Sora is pursuing things. Can't make myself more clear then I have already, but I'll be blunt this time as opposed to around the bush.

I don't believe we should have an archetype free for all. Lets say 8 of 14 members each post an archetype for each attribute. Do the math. Lets avoid that.

We are a team, and I doubt when Konami makes archetypes they have 1 guy with an entire archetype walk in, smack it on the table, and say "Yay, or nay?" It doesn't happen.

We are, in my eyes, meant to discuss the idea to an archetype THEN make it. You know, something called planning.

Also,

I'm educated enough to know the origins of the names Kano, but even if I take two words such as peonage and tree, Peontree sounds immature and laughable. Just my say on why I thought the names were silly. Plus, Lord doesn't have to refer to the Lord in feudalism, can simply refer to a ruler/someone with power.

SET DESIGN LAYOUT

Set 1

The Primordial come and create a world (of which is unnamed as of now) that is to be peaceful. In this world, 4 Clans are made. The 4 clans each are home to a different Attribute, and all worship the Primordial. Main Deck monsters only.

Set 2

The Primordial return to the Heavens. Without order, the Clans begin to war with each other. The clans discover hidden potential to help fight the wars. Extra Deck introduced.

Set 3

The Primordial return (corrupt/uncorrupt?) after seeing the world they created with good intentions turn into absolute chaos. Blaming the Clans, the Primordial wage war and proceed to fight the Clans. The Clans work together (as 2 Alliances/1 Grand Alliance).

CLAN OUTLINES

Pending, since there has been no true vote to make any clan have more plausibility than others. However, WIND has Highlord mentioned. Infernal was suggested, but not as an idea but an archetype.

Am I missing something?

Well my ideas were, not matched to any clan yet:

• Focused on keeping card advantage for both players EVEN, while actually granting special buffs to their controller for having a better card advantage.
  • Focused on returning from the Graveyard for only 1 turn with large buffs to wreak greater havoc than was struck on them.
  • Utilize the Spell/Trap zone in a similar way to Crystal Beasts.
  • Focus on Spell/Trap utilization with little swarming capabilities, and lots of player interaction such as hand-swapping/Graveyard checking/etc.
  • Each member will have a member with basically the exact opposite effects, but using both together you can pull of unique combos to dominate.
  • Returns monster from the opponents Grave to their deck/hand in order to swarm the field
  • Lockdown-based? (Something along the lines of these "Deceivers")

We also HAVE to establish:

TCG, or CCG? I simply said I would vote for TCG, and people seemed to think that was it. I would like to hear other people's thoughts on it.

So, again, TCG, or CCG and why?

exg. TCG because we have already set guidelines to make 1st set easier/CCG because we can make fair cards that don't generate massive pluses yet they still be good.

As of now, I do vote CCG.

_________

I can agree on the utilization of the backrow for an archetype, the increase in player interaction, and attempting to equalize card advantage as much as possible (to recurrant of -'s ends up top deck mode, which isn't fun either).

An idea I have is, more likely if we do CCG, we can mess with mechanics. Since the word "attach" usually is followed by "as an Xyz Material"/etc, we can do "attach as an Equip Spell" or "attach as an Effect Material", for example.

"Tribute any number of "Generic Ritual Tribe" monsters: Special Summon 1 "Generic Ritual Tribe" monster from your hand, and if you do, place Generic Awesome Ritual Counters on that card equal to the amount of monsters Tributed for its Summon."

Something like that? Or do you still want to follow Level requirements?

I'm all for Ritual, more so if we go the CCG route, as it would be underpowered in TCG if not borken.

The idea is to stick with the 5 archetypes made throughout, like DT series does for a few packs.

Someone else and I suggested a Contact Fusion EARTH Tribe, both involved Alchemy, mine involved mixing with their potions (Spell Cards)/Plants, his/hers with Plants (if I remember correctly).

CCG, OR TCG?

Oh, I thought we were going to put it to a vote, not just decide.

Fair enough, unless there are objections. TCG is easier, anyways, and would appeal more to CC.

That makes a lot of sense. Would want to avoid re-using WATER as the Ritual Archetype. Which brings me to why did I want to re-use EARTH as the Fusion... I mean, I love my idea a lot (despite it not being commented on), but eh.

Wind should be Synchro, since Synchro is associated with speed. We should include an Accel in Set 3, imo, also.

That leaves WATER/EARTH, WATER wouldn't make sense being Xyz since Earth is the only WATER in observable space (a good enough amount), so that leaves EARTH being Xyz and WATER being Fusion.

Any objections to:

WIND - Synchro

EARTH - Xyz

WATER - Fusion

FIRE - Ritual

?

Aix, you can put that in the poll. 4 Questions, each having 4 answers. Answers being Synchro/Fusion/Ritual/Xyz. Mention that you shouldn't have repeating Card Types. :P

Archived