Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

It wouldn't make sense for the gods to empower their enemies right before they decide to smite them.

I don't think the very concept of Synchros/Xyz needs its own particular lore, and each clan can call upon then in their own way: advancements in weaponry, praying to some unseen force, etc.

Also, I'm going to bed now. Night guys!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Night~

I was thinking anime style, honestly. It is common in anime for there to be a super powered, OP as heck character that gives the weaker a upper hand so that he can at least enjoy the fight. It would make sense for Gods to grant worshipers strength, regardless. Also, perhaps the Gods doubted their strength even after helping them. Though, I know what you mean.

Well, then perhaps the Divine should be main deck only, and the Tainted Gods have Xyz AND Synchro while the clans only have one or the other. This would show that despite that, the Gods are still a force to be reckoned with, and would also give grounds for the clans to unite.

Since the Tainted have both Synchro and Xyz, the clans would wish to fight with both Synchro and Xyz. Fire with fire, etc.

I'm hopin' off too. Night.

Username: Zextra

What you want to do here: I don't make cards too often, but I would like to find some inspiration every once in a while.

What you want to see happen: Watch the development and growth of determined cardmakers, and to see RC's level elevate as a whole.

Oh, just a note - I can help make the booster pack art once we decide on it. :3

Great! Also, how strict will our definition of broken will be? will it like in the actual TCG, or will it be more restrictive/lenient?

I feel like we should stick to the current definition of "broken" in the actual game and make stuff below that power level.

Kano, you think there should be multiple sets of warring Gods?

Absolutely, Gods controlling different aspects of the universe who originally came together but disagree with the others' creations, thus sending their followers to battle to grow in strength.

[quote name="kanokarob" post="6283460" timestamp="1381068155"]Absolutely, Gods controlling different aspects of the universe who originally came together but disagree with the others' creations, thus sending their followers to battle to grow in strength.[/quote] That would account for the emergence of Synchros and Xyz, so I say do it. We should have 2 archetypes of gods IMO.

That would account for the emergence of Synchros and Xyz, so I say do it. We should have 2 archetypes of gods IMO.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Gods would be unrelated to eachother Archetype-wise, but would be of the same archetype to their respective clans.

Kanoka, I personally think that the gods would not really be related to the clans truthfully at all. My perception is that they would perform and relate in a manner similar to those of the Greek pantheon. In which, they each control different aspects and bicker with each other on occaion but operate on the same plane. In this way, the gods could have similarly styled effects that differed enough to signify something they controlled. If we focused on having the gods' effects affect the opponent and opponent's monsters, then they could be supported with the same cards while not actually having to support each other. 

Let me reiterate that I DO NOT think each clan should have its own deity.

But then we can't have the Gods destroy the mortals out of their impudence or for destroying their image of a perfect world.

I personally like this idea, and they don't necessarily have to be corrupted to destroy their creation.

What if we tried making Archetypes without boss monsters? Bosses are overrated.

I think the Archetypes could be something like Forest, Ocean, Mountain, Desert and Sky.

But then we can't have the Gods destroy the mortals out of their impudence or for destroying their image of a perfect world.

I personally like this idea, and they don't necessarily have to be corrupted to destroy their creation.

What if we tried making Archetypes without boss monsters? Bosses are overrated.

I think the Archetypes could be something like Forest, Ocean, Mountain, Desert and Sky.

What if we make an archetype entirely of boss monsters feeding off eachother, having negative effects for multiple on the field, but positive ones if other bosses with different names are in the grave?

At the end of all this flip flop of ideas, I suggest a poll be made. The poll being

"Gods arrive, create new world in their image. Gods recede into Heavens, creations (clans) war. Angry, Gods retaliate and attempt to destroy World."

"6 Clans, each with own deity, war."

At least, that is what I saw from the second idea, which isn't much a story honestly.

And yeah, relating back to the first idea, the Gods don't have to be corrupt. It was just an idea to add some DARK into it, though personally I don't mind there not being a DARK Archetype involved.

The individual deity idea doesnt have a story because we arent discussing a story for it, we are just assuming it wont work.

But honestly, as much as you say the other sounds like Evilswarm, this sounds a lot less original.

Archived