Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

Orionobles actually sounds nice though, but this brings me to something else more important than silly names. You can't simply slap a label to a nation/kingdom if it only encompassed a part of it, much like stereotyping. Orionobles can't all be nobles(or else the title is obsolete), logically not all of Knightrench can be knights, only some part of it. Crush Duchy actually is viable, but it all depends whether it fits the clan or not. I'm not disagreeing with you with the names, just pointing some stuffs out for you to consider.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WIND: I'm thinking something along the lines of an archetype that uses Spell Cards to activate their own effects, and can continuously recycle their archetype-exclusive Spells. (E.G: Activating a certain spell will allow some of the monsters to gain extra trigger effects) Playstyle should be geared more towards an Extra-Deck centric one or control, as either makes sense for a WIND archetype with a heavy focus towards spell cards. I dunno if you guys would agree, but it's a heck of a lot more specific than 'independent effects'. I agree with the name Highlord, as it does make sense. (although it sounds like something from the TCG and not OCG and is therefore worse. It's kinda like Traptrix and Mesmerizing Maneater, the OCG is just better.) 

EARTH name suggestion: Subterranean Knight - Maybe some sort of anti-Noble Knights? Focus on traps instead of Spells? 

FIRE name suggestion: Infernal Lord - Building on to my idea of a set based on mythological fire entities. 

Orionobles actually sounds nice though, but this brings me to something else more important than silly names. You can't simply slap a label to a nation/kingdom if it only encompassed a part of it, much like stereotyping. Orionobles can't all be nobles(or else the title is obsolete), logically not all of Knightrench can be knights, only some part of it. Crush Duchy actually is viable, but it all depends whether it fits the clan or not. I'm not disagreeing with you with the names, just pointing some stuffs out for you to consider.

Highlords can all be Lords?

Or we could connect with Paracelsus's names, though change them a bit.

For Paracelsus, the elemental spirits were: WIND - Sylph, FIRE - Salamander, WATER - Undine, EARTH - Gnome.

Highlords can all be Lords?

You seem really, overly sore. Highlords references to the fact that they are masters of the sky.

Sorry, all, for my incorrect compilation. Now that Therrion has fixed my error, the ultimate goal of that post was accomplished, was it not?

I see potential on the Infernals, but they do all seem to have, on average, rather high attack. Tell me if I'm misreading.

There a beatdown archetype.  They're supposed to be tanky.

Or we could connect with Paracelsus's names, though change them a bit.

For Paracelsus, the elemental spirits were: WIND - Sylph, FIRE - Salamander, WATER - Undine, EARTH - Gnome.

You seem really, overly sore. Highlords references to the fact that they are masters of the sky.

You seem to have odd contradictory reasons for disliking the other names, as they mean masters of their respective domains as well.

Pretty sure Ain already explained:

Problem is, simply combining 2 words into an archetype name doesn't work all the time, and might cause the name to sound kinda silly or lame (if you're into Pokemon, several localized names are some of the example of this making a name sounds silly/ridiculous). Also, be honest with me. If Crush Duchy is not your name, then you find a guild with that name, what do you think of them?

Okay now. Continuing on, you might have a "lord" of a domain (e.g. the sky), but you never hear "noble" or "duke". Orion is probably the most vague and obscure reference to fire I have ever seen, as is Crush to earth.

[spoiler="Here they are: The Infernals. Yugico cuz I haven" t re-converted them into the YCardmaker yet.']146202.jpg

Good

144456.jpg

Can't have this, it's another Upstart Goblin.

144459.jpg

I like.

146197.jpg

Too easy of a plus and even has high stats.

146185.jpg

Dun really like the free Summon here.

145835.jpg

Pretty mediocre, IMO.

135652.jpg

133949.jpg

133942.jpg

Don't like free Summons, especially not ones with Lyla-esque effects :/

133939.jpg

Another Free Summon type of thing :/[/spoiler]
I'll clean up the post after I go have dinner.

Also, the archetype is arguably incomplete: any additions are very much welcome.  I was going to make spells and traps that did thing regarding the Infernal Vectors depending on which one (Caster, Warrior, or a really powerful effect for King).

Put some criticism in inside the spoiler.

Pretty sure Ain already explained:Okay now. Continuing on, you might have a "lord" of a domain (e.g. the sky), but you never hear "noble" or "duke". Orion is probably the most vague and obscure reference to fire I have ever seen, as is Crush to earth.

Thank you. Legitimate reasons to pick different names.

I am OK with Infernals as the name, but it does sound a little like Infernities and people might get confused.

1. Yeah, I should probably fix up Sprite somehow. Maybe make it a NS-only Stratos that also places a Vector in the S/T from your hand when it searches OR have it trade in a Vector to search, but I think the former would be better. 2. Magma Beast can be scrapped altogether actually. I made it as filler to increase consistency. 3. I can make Centaur send 1 s/t if you control 2. 4. It's a beatstick, what can you say? I'll leave it as-is. 5. It's not really a "free" summon cuz you can't insta-drop it: you have to jump through the hoops of getting an Infernal Vector first. 6. You have to control *3* Infernal Vectors. That ain't exactly super duper easy y'know, and it is supposed to be the big boss.

Okay call me a vain son of a beech and also a spammy son of a beech but for the "Recommended Artists" section, if you aren't forgetting I do have a card art gallery http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/307006-acaaw-a-card-art-a-week/ so you know feel free to check that out if you need card arts.

*Wields AntiBan Shield*

Also I might join up, presuming by "Card Design" I can talk about creating new art works to custom towards cards people are interested in making?

Okay call me a vain son of a beech and also a spammy son of a beech but for the "Recommended Artists" section, if you aren't forgetting I do have a card art gallery http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/307006-acaaw-a-card-art-a-week/ so you know feel free to check that out if you need card arts.

*Wields AntiBan Shield*

Also I might join up, presuming by "Card Design" I can talk about creating new art works to custom towards cards people are interested in making?

Card Design refers to how a Card affects the game through its qualities, such as its effect, Level, typing, Attribute, etc.

You may be more so refering to a Card's Flavour, ergo how a Card's qualities like its image, effect, type, etc. all come across to give the card depth, characterization, story, etc.

On the topic of Custom Images, does anyone want me to regularly update the Custom Card Artwork Dump, or leave it be?

Username: Tormented
What you want to do here: Help create some card art for people to design with
What you want to see happen: An increase of people happily sharing ideas.

You could update your Artwork Dump and have a separate folder for my stuff, that way we don't need the forum post of mine. I'll go with Card Flavour then.

On another note is it wrong of me to judge some cards by the quality of art used in said card? 

Archived