Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

I am amateur :U

Primordial Archetype

Aioah, Primordial God of Justice
{LIGHT/Level 9/Fairy/Effect}
When this card is Normal Summoned while "Realm of the Primordial Gods" is face-up on the field: You can draw 1 card. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Primordial Wisp" monster from your Deck.
2800/2200

Thrandnir, Primordial God of War
{LIGHT/Level 9/Warrior/Effect}
When this card is Normal Summoned while "Realm of the Primordial Gods" is face-up on the field: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Primordial" card from your hand; Add 1 "Primordial God" monster from your Deck to your hand, except for "Thrandnir, Primordial God of War".
3000/1900

Kazagure, Primordial God of Bravery
{LIGHT/Level 9/Beast-Warrior/Effect}
When this card is Normal Summoned while "Realm of the Primordial Gods" is face-up on the field: You can target 1 "Primordial" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. When your opponent activates a Trap card: You can Tribute 1 other "Primordial" monster you control; negate that activation, and if you do, return that card to the owner's hand.
2900/2500

Minerva, Primordial God of Wisdom
{LIGHT/Level 9/Winged-Beast/Effect}
When this card is Normal Summoned while "Realm of the Primordial Gods" is face-up on the field: You can target 1 "Primordial Wisp" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. Your opponent cannot target other "Primordial" monsters you control for attacks.
2700/2900

Primordial Wisp Seiva
{LIGHT/Level 2/Thunder/Effect}
You can discard this card; add 1 "Realm of the Primordial Gods" from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card and 1 other "Primordial Wisp" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Primordial God" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.
1200/200

Primordial Wisp Vectris
You can Special Summon this card (from the hand) if you control a "Primordial" card(s). Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can Normal Summon 1 "Primordial God" monster as an additional Normal Summon. All "Primordial" monsters you control gain 500 ATK.
600/0

Primordial Wisp Kenzu
When this card leaves the field: You can add 1 "Primordial God" card from your Deck to your hand.
1000/1000

Primordial Wisp Shime
If a "Primordial God" monster(s) you control would be destroyed: You can destroy this card instead.
800/900

Realm of the Primordial Gods
{Spell/Field}
You can Normal Summon "Primordial God" monsters without Tributes. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; add this card to the hand.

Yummy Primordial archetype :3

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care for the Wisps, though that may be because I wanted Lesser Gods as opposed to Servants, which I guess we should ask for a vote on.

(Lesser Primordial/Gods vs. Primordial Bitches, lets get a poll :P)

I also don't care for the idea of them only getting effects when Normal Summoned while the Field Spell is in play. It makes it seem as if they only hold power within Heaven as opposed power in general, which is an unappealing idea.

I do, however, like what they are the Gods of. I think it should be "Primordial of _____" as opposed to "Primordial God of ______", though that is just a minor nit pick.

-Note: Address the ideas of archetypes presented to us, not really every single card. If we all addressed every single archetype in its entirety as opposed to simply the ideas, it would take forever as we have 8+ members.-

I am amateur :U

n00b, war defeats the purpose of the gods trying to make a perfect world.

Anyway, something like this for the WIND archetype?

Highlord Scout

[WIND/Level 3/Winged Beast/Effect]

When this card is Normal Summoned: Reveal 1 random card in your opponent's hand and add 1 "Highlord" card from your Deck to your hand of the same card type (Monster, Spell or Trap) as the revealed card.

ATK/ 1300 DEF/ 500

Puts a twist on your traditional searcher, you see.

I can change Thrandnir to be the God of Peace, lol

The Highlords look neat so far. They focus on hand revealing and juggling between the 3 card types, which is an interesting spin.
I feel like the traps should be focused on disrupting the opponent and thensoeks focused on empowering the highlords.

That is a rather splendid, unique approach to it.

That said, the effect is the original thing. How that applies to WIND has yet to be determined. Unless you plan on the WIND interacting with the opponent's hand, then it would just be a generic searcher that is based some on luck.

We still need to determine the ideas for the Clans before really making ideas and aiming them at them, hence why we are all posting possible clan ideas.

I agree, though, that revolving around the three types and interacting with your opponent's hand/field/maybe top/bottom deck as a way to operate would be a cool approach to WIND.

EARTH could rely on your cards, maybe. That would leave it open to easily believe WIND/EARTH could work together.

That is a rather splendid, unique approach to it.

That said, the effect is the original thing. How that applies to WIND has yet to be determined. Unless you plan on the WIND interacting with the opponent's hand, then it would just be a generic searcher that is based some on luck.

We still need to determine the ideas for the Clans before really making ideas and aiming them at them, hence why we are all posting possible clan ideas.

I agree, though, that revolving around the three types and interacting with your opponent's hand/field/maybe top/bottom deck as a way to operate would be a cool approach to WIND.

EARTH could rely on your cards, maybe. That would leave it open to easily believe WIND/EARTH could work together.

Rather, I was thinking of making WIND rely equally on all.

Searching applies to knowledge, which is commonly applied to the element WIND. Also, flying creatures are able to look for things more easily.

Anyway, we need more discussion here.

I won't be on much longer either.

I like your approach, and put to a vote, I would vote your WIND Approach. That is merely my opinion, though.

What exactly do you mean "focus on all"?

Maybe they could look "Spirit of the Books" esque?

[spoiler=Image of above] SpiritoftheBooks-TF04-JP-VG.jpg[/spoiler]

Assuming we can find artwork, which I doubt.

I can help sift through art if you want. Just tell me what you're specifically looking for.

[quote name="Therrion" post="6283981" timestamp="1381114109"]

[center]I won't be on much longer either.[/center]
[center]I like your approach, and put to a vote, I would vote your WIND Approach. That is merely my opinion, though.[/center]
[center]What exactly do you mean "focus on all"?[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]Maybe they could look "Spirit of the Books" esque?[/center]
[center][spoiler=Image of above] SpiritoftheBooks-TF04-JP-VG.jpg[/spoiler][/center]
[center]Assuming we can find artwork, which I doubt.[/center]

[/quote]

How is this? 34223485_m.jpg

Only one I found so far.

Earth: Sustainability of Resources. Playstyle is based around conserving resources, recycling the used ones, and grind the opponent until you can make a big push(ala natural catasthrope. They can be something like Forest fae, Sentient beasts, and such. Or spirits of nature. 

Water: The Unrelenting Force. Water is unstoppable, and this translates into swarming the field with small monsters from the beginning, dealing chip damage while building up to summon the bigger ones. They also have some degree of resource cycling, but their main style is swarming. Consists of Undines, Fishmen, and various sea monsters and eldritch abominations.

Fire: Fuel. They build up resource until they are able to explode in a glorious blaze. Passive at start, but when they're set-up, they'll be really powerful. They're salamanders and fire spirits, with some other mythical creatures.

Wind: The Free Traveler. They constantly move from place to place, avoiding hits while employing guerilla tactics. They are giant birds and gryphons and the humans that bonded with them.

My idea of those attributes.

Well, that kinda limits us on how much we can experiment with card design, but that's not a problem. We can still try some really weird, new playstyles or gimmicks here though, eventhough we're operating on TCG's frame of usability and balance. Also, when we're done brainstorming the ideas for the clans, someone should compile them and maybe we can have another vote(4th one in 2 days!). Or we can discuss about them more.

Earth, Water, Fire and Wind are weak attributes (without many supports), mainly Normal Monsters. I think that needs to supports for those attributes and Normal Monsters with lower Level. Rescue Rabbit, really, its a support from these monsters, but is Limited (on TCG). They needs a space on metagame. I suggest make support monsters from this cards. It's my opinion and tip.

So so far we have this set up:

-Arc 1: Deities create world and beings; Main Deck monsters only (possibly fusion?)

-Arc 2: As a test, deities hand over authority, but not power, beings wage wars; develop Fusion?/Synchro/all+XYZ?

-Arc 3: Craving the authority they gave up and displeased, deities instigate war with their creations; creators gain Extra Deck alternates

LIGHT: Primordials: *use Normal Summon techniques; Field Spell: Realm of the Primordials

----------

WIND: [Highlords?]: *focus on dependent effects

EARTH: [???]: *???

FIRE: [???]: *???

WATER: [???]: *???

----------

DARK: Tainted Gods: *???

[spoiler=Kyng's Choices:]I've compiled my own gallery of Card Artwork, some original and most collected from the vast galleries I found online. It is the Custom Card Artwork Dump, link provided here: http://customcardartworkdump.imgur.com/
- If you would like me to regularly update it, PM me or express this interest by some other means.

In terms of Deviantart Galleries, one I highly recommend is Genzoman's (http://genzoman.deviantart.com/) because this artist has actually been commissioned, by Konami, to draw Ancient Dragon AND Noble Knight Gawayn, as well as work on the colouring for Noble Knight Artorigus. If it is good enough for Konami, it is good enough for Custom Cards.

Another key Deviantart Gallery I highly recommend is El Grimlock's (http://el-grimlock.deviantart.com/) due to both his similar art style to Genzoman's, as well as the fact that he also works on another Card Game's artworks, called Legend of the Cryptids, as well as other established TCGs such as World of Warcraft, etc.

This page for the Legend of the Cryptids Wiki is devoted to all its artists - it is bound to have some good ones: http://legendofthecryptids.wikia.com/wiki/Artists

Another Wiki Page devoted to TCG Artwork is the Duel Master's Page: http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Artist

I use -boorus to find some of my artwork, in particular Gelbooru; however many of these sites distribute a high degree of NSFW content. I will instead provide some tags that are best used to find good, SFW artwork:
[spoiler=List of Reliable -booru Tags:]takayama_toshiaki
yilee
shingeki_no_bahamut
lena_(zoal)
epic
-> epic original
-> epic artist_request
ze-l
igunuk
matataku
makarori_(noah)
michii_yuuki
rettag
suzuya_akinori
hayaken
yamaada
tokyogenso
nariann
tanigawa_hiroshi
eel_(artist)
youichi
monster_hunter no_humans
kaiju_samurai
emudoru
takahashi_kazuki
enemy_works
edobox
kazkazkaz
kera_(ggg33)
yagi_(sinnsyou)
parata
morishita_naochika
satsuki_mei_(sakuramochi)[/spoiler][/spoiler]

A lot of those things you brought up were either misinterpretations or made up.

We had:

Set 1: Main Deck Monsters. Gods create a world containing 4 Tribes (each with its distinct Attribute).

Set 2: Main Deck + Extra Deck Monsters. The Gods return to the Heavens. Chaos ensues. In time of war, they need to become stronger. Their lust for power makes the tribes discover Fusion/Synchro/Xyz.

Set 3: The Gods return to purge the world of the clans, since the clans displeased the them. [They return as DARK?].

Gods being Primordials, other Tribes open to debate. I have no issue with Highlord, but must be agreed upon by a good number. As for name ideas suggested by Bob, I don't support any of them, as they all sound silly and immature and the creation and attempted purge of a world isn't to be taken jokingly.

Username: Karkuk
What you want to do here: Make CC a more receptive place to new members by improving the standard of reviewing, thereby increasing the knowledge of said new members and in turn their card-making ability. 
What you want to see happen: CC becomes the main draw of the site once again through a moderator-planned series of reform programs. I don't want to see CC turn into a free market, where the best "competitors" (ragnarok1945) end up with a monopoly.

A lot of those things you brought up were either misinterpretations or made up.

We had:

Set 1: Main Deck Monsters. Gods create a world containing 4 Tribes (each with its distinct Attribute).

Set 2: Main Deck + Extra Deck Monsters. The Gods return to the Heavens. Chaos ensues. In time of war, they need to become stronger. Their lust for power makes the tribes discover Fusion/Synchro/Xyz.

Set 3: The Gods return to purge the world of the clans, since the clans displeased the them. [They return as DARK?].

Gods being Primordials, other Tribes open to debate. I have no issue with Highlord, but must be agreed upon by a good number. As for name ideas suggested by Bob, I don't support any of them, as they all sound silly and immature and the creation and attempted purge of a world isn't to be taken jokingly.

Who is Bob? If you mean me, I wasnt joking. I was trying to go along with the link between the attribute and royalty-type thing that Highlords sounds like. Hence the Crush Duchy (Duchy being a system ruled by Dukes and Duchesses), Orionobles linking Orion (A constellation, being made of stars, essentially balls of fire) and nobles or nobility, and Knightrenches, combining Knights and undersea trenches.

How in the world do these sound silly, even if you would prefer different names?

Problem is, simply combining 2 words into an archetype name doesn't work all the time, and might cause the name to sound kinda silly or lame (if you're into Pokemon, several localized names are some of the example of this making a name sounds silly/ridiculous). Also, be honest with me. If Crush Duchy is not your name, then you find a guild with that name, what do you think of them?

Problem is, simply combining 2 words into an archetype name doesn't work all the time, and might cause the name to sound kinda silly or lame (if you're into Pokemon, several localized names are some of the example of this making a name sounds silly/ridiculous). Also, be honest with me. If Crush Duchy is not your name, then you find a guild with that name, what do you think of them?

I wouldnt have an opinion of them based solely on their name. It is fairly neutral. If you dont want to use the name, by all means make other suggestions, but based on what was given to me, those are what I came up with to match.

Archived