Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

Alternatively, there are Primordial and Lesser Primordials. Primordial straight up are the Gods, and the Lesser are, as inferred, simply lesser Gods.

Wisps could work also. Servants sounds meh.

@Ain Of course we are involving some Normal Monsters for story telling/building, man! No worries there. That comes later.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I was thinking the attribute based clans would simply have Fields, like Crystal Beasts do Ancient Ruins, not so much each Clan is in a biome.

I like the idea of the clans being in biomes, but I don't think they should all be Field Spell Centric. That'd be repetitive design.

By default, it is imagined things in a Forest are EARTH, Mountain, WIND, and etc. Under that logic, the clans could be Attribute based, as well as live in only a single biome.

WIND Clan, named ?, resides in the Mountainous Region. FIRE Clan, named ?, resides in the Industrial Region, named ?, etc.

I will put vote for Attribute Clans, but I do still wish for there to be fields for each Clan or at the least attribute, to give detail as to where that clan resides.

This also means concepts would be instilled.

You have to keep in mind cultures are defined by not only where they are, but their own ideals. The ideals would be concept, location, "biome". The biome would help define their attribute, basically making all three factors into the creation of the Clans.

I think it's time we simply started posting cards, discussing them and looking at which work best/which gimmick can be best executed.

I still don't think "Industrial" would be a good idea considering this is the start of the world.

[spoiler=In regard to this post...]

Forgot to address it, but it is true that focusing on the Sins would contradict their reasoning for making the world. So, scrap it.

Theme/Archetype outlines should be drawn prior to going wild, so we don't have to waste time sifting through cards and saying if they're fit or not for the archetype.

I say we return to the 4 clans idea, where the clans focus on a single attribute and making dual attribute monsters be the symbol of their working together, like how duel terminal had Xyz Monsters show the union the tribes had.

With this, it'd be good to have people submit their ideas (in spoilers, to save room) on what each Attribute's clan should have/what aspects they follow. After a few days, we can collect it all and put it in OP for a vote.

[spoiler=For example,] I and Sora submit our ideas.
Sora Idea:
[spoiler=FIRE Clan] They should focus on supporting one big boss monster. This should be shown in a similar way to Ice Barriers, where in numbers they are stronger. The weaklings give their effects to the highest Level "Archetype" monster on the field, or something like that. [/spoiler]
My idea:
[spoiler=FIRE Clan] We should go against Rekindling, and instead have FIRE monsters as the defensive clan. This will be shown by their high original DEF stat, as well as their probable play style. [/spoiler]

We compile all suggestions for each clan (and God/Corrupt), and put them under a list.
FIRE
Copy/Paste Sora Suggestion
Copy/Paste My suggestion

Then voters say:
FIRE: Sora's idea.
WATER: Therrion's idea.
etc.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=...I did this.][spoiler=EARTH Concept]The Tribe of EARTH appreciate, worship nature. They believe that the natural order and state of things is the most perfect form in society, and as such uphold its qualities and virtues. Through allegiances with nature, they amass great numbers, all of those who come to their aid. They also make use of nature's incredible secrets, from its great medicines and terrible poisons, all of which they use to the best of their abilities. Indeed through the natural order, the Tribe of EARTH bring out nature's greatest qualities. They have good relations with the WIND Tribe. They are led by a Chief Druid, or even a Chieftain.[/spoiler][spoiler=FIRE Concept]Perhaps a stark contrast to the Tribe of EARTH, the Tribe of FIRE would be the masters of war and battle, as well as metal-working and the forge, in penance to Hephaestus/Vulcan. They would be the embodiment of the truest notion of fire, in both its destructive and creative aspects - and how better to do so than through the crafting of tools of war? From simple arms and armour, to siege weapons and fortresses, these masters of craft and destruction would leave their mark on the world through their inventions. They have good relations with the WATER Tribe. They are led by a Forgemaster, or a Professor.[/spoiler][spoiler=WATER Concept]The Tribe of WATER, though dwelling in the occult, are not a sinister band - they chose to study and use the power of life that associated itself with their attribute, and used it to fuel their necromancy. They understand the cold grasp of death, and overcome it through their skill. With their nigh-immortal allies, they no longer find comfort in lesser quarrels like food or water, but rather seek to become a powerful force not to be reckoned with. A powerful and infinitely expanding army and workforce, the WATER Tribe no longer fear death, but embrace it. They have good relations with the FIRE Tribe. They are led by a Lich King.[/spoiler][spoiler=WIND Concept]The WIND Tribe differ greatly from the Tribe of WATER. Whereas the latter no longer fears their mortality, the former greatly respects it. They recognize just how important their life is. Devoting much of their life to the nature of life, they believed there was a greater existence beyond life and death, and thus began to explore the different dimensions that were available to them. With this knowledge, they vanish from sight, and return as new, more powerful foes, able to use their time in these new dimensions to unlock their potential. They have good relations with the EARTH Tribe. They are led by an High Priest.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=...I did this.][spoiler=EARTH Concept]The Tribe of EARTH appreciate, worship nature. They believe that the natural order and state of things is the most perfect form in society, and as such uphold its qualities and virtues. Through allegiances with nature, they amass great numbers, all of those who come to their aid. They also make use of nature's incredible secrets, from its great medicines and terrible poisons, all of which they use to the best of their abilities. Indeed through the natural order, the Tribe of EARTH bring out nature's greatest qualities. They have good relations with the WIND Tribe. They are led by a Chief Druid, or even a Chieftain.[/spoiler][spoiler=FIRE Concept]Perhaps a stark contrast to the Tribe of EARTH, the Tribe of FIRE would be the masters of war and battle, as well as metal-working and the forge, in penance to Hephaestus/Vulcan. They would be the embodiment of the truest notion of fire, in both its destructive and creative aspects - and how better to do so than through the crafting of tools of war? From simple arms and armour, to siege weapons and fortresses, these masters of craft and destruction would leave their mark on the world through their inventions. They have good relations with the WATER Tribe. They are led by a Forgemaster, or a Professor.[/spoiler][spoiler=WATER Concept]The Tribe of WATER, though dwelling in the occult, are not a sinister band - they chose to study and use the power of life that associated itself with their attribute, and used it to fuel their necromancy. They understand the cold grasp of death, and overcome it through their skill. With their nigh-immortal allies, they no longer find comfort in lesser quarrels like food or water, but rather seek to become a powerful force not to be reckoned with. A powerful and infinitely expanding army and workforce, the WATER Tribe no longer fear death, but embrace it. They have good relations with the FIRE Tribe. They are led by a Lich King.[/spoiler][spoiler=WIND Concept]The WIND Tribe differ greatly from the Tribe of WATER. Whereas the latter no longer fears their mortality, the former greatly respects it. They recognize just how important their life is. Devoting much of their life to the nature of life, they believed there was a greater existence beyond life and death, and thus began to explore the different dimensions that were available to them. With this knowledge, they vanish from sight, and return as new, more powerful foes, able to use their time in these new dimensions to unlock their potential. They have good relations with the EARTH Tribe. They are led by an High Priest.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Don't mind so much the others, but WATER is too much like Gishki to me. I think maybe they should all be evil in a certain way.

Morally ambiguous should be better. Or just have a mixed alignment between good and evil. Realistically, even in the wretchedest of places. there'll still be a good person there. 

Also, depending on how we're going to execute this set(as a CCG set or a custom realistic set), we can try several experiments on card designs, like what if +1 is almost non-existent, +0 actually comes with a cost, and -1s is abundant. That can promote some creativity and in gameplay, strategic resource usage. But if we're gonna stick like TCG, then its fine to me.

Also, that strip is golden.

Industrial was an example.

[spoiler=Therrion EARTH]

Story: Upon creation, a group of Espers took refuge in the forest. There, they used their abilities to harness all aspects of nature, the curative and the damaging. They took little interest in the beasts of the forest, and more in the use of plants/vegetation. These Espers became masters of Alchemy, turning trees into behemoths and creating masterful elixirs. The would often name their brews after the lesser Primordials.

Play style: Little Traps, mostly Spells/Monsters. Spells will come in forms of Brews/Elixirs/Potions/what ever. Utility monsters will be the Psychic, making the level 3/4 core decks tend to need. There will be tiny, utility plants as well, but most of the larger creatures come in form of Contact Fusion between Elixir and Psychic/Plant life.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Therrion WIND] Story: Using the wind as their axle, this tribe advanced through technology rather fast. They could easily heave blocks at will, run systems through magic itself. These Spellcasters took it the absence of the Gods as a challenge. They wished to draw their affection back to them by their great works. Though, as all tribes, their works were also used to intimidate and fight, despite their prior attempts to remain passive.

Play style: Spells come in the form of creations, such as an engineered explosive (could also be Trap). The technology simply helps them, but they are completely functional without it (as technology is just an aid, not a necessity). Fast paced, Synchro archetype. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Therrion FIRE] Preferred Typing: Dragon/Winged-Beast [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Therrion WATER] Fuckin' fishies. I have nothing. [/spoiler]

Yeah, I don't really have much idea as of now. May go back and edit later if I get some.

Toyo, you're amazing.

[spoiler: WIND]Wielders of advanced, steampunk-esque technology that are based from an aerial metropolis. Their effects are based on diversion, returning themselves to the hand to activate.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: FIRE]A nomadic group of fast but weak creatures goes on extended journeys, only to return to their glass city in the dessert as a cultural mecca.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: WATER]Self-aware golems of the sea, with no need to breathe, have developed interconnected temple systems on the ocean floor. Their time underwater has granted them gradually increasing resistance to the elements and harsh conditions.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: EARTH]Some sentient species living here has taken to the augmentation of plants as its primary focus, based out of several canopy communities. Using alchemy, they increase the size, intelligence, and usefulness of plants. Some may even incorporate the plantlife into their own bodies (possible fusion monsters here).[/spoiler]

[spoiler: WATER alternate]Giant insectoids from the tundra have learned to use stealth and weather to their advantage, expanding their territory outward from the central glacial nest.[/spoiler]

Kano's Concepts:

Order: creatures focused on keeping card advantage for both players EVEN, while actually granting special buffs to their controller for having a better card advantage.

Vengeance: focuses on returning from the Graveyard for only 1 turn with large buffs to wreak greater havoc than was struck on them.

Fear: these will utilize the Spell/Trap zone in a similar way to Crystal Beasts.

Fanfare: try to focus on Spell/Trap utilization with little swarming capabilities, and lots of player interaction such as hand-swapping/Graveyard checking/etc.

Chaos: are meant to be contradictory. Each member will have a member with basically the exact opposite effects, but using both together you can pull of unique combos to dominate.

Remorse: returns monster from the opponents Grave to their deck/hand in order to swarm the field

Though tying in Concepts with Attributes with areas of the world:

FIRE - Progress, gradually builds up power and stuff. Subterranean/Volcanoes.

WATER - Balance, equalizes power with opponent, gains advantage or effects when opponent gains advantage. Aquatic/Ocean.

WIND - Knowledge, searching and versatility. Sky/Flying.

EARTH - Eternity/Rebirth, shuffles stuff from either Graveyard into the Deck to fuel effects. Forest/Nature.

[quote name="A I X" post="6283875" timestamp="1381106877"]Though tying in Concepts with Attributes with areas of the world:   FIRE - Progress, gradually builds up power and stuff. Subterranean/Volcanoes. WATER - Balance, equalizes power with opponent, gains advantage or effects when opponent gains advantage. Aquatic/Ocean. WIND - Knowledge, searching and versatility. Sky/Flying. EARTH - Eternity/Rebirth, shuffles stuff from either Graveyard into the Deck to fuel effects. Forest/Nature.[/quote] I can cover WATER in this case with my Deep Seas. I'm also working on the Primordial Gods right now. I'll post both... Later. :P

Archived