Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should try to follow the Duel Terminal archetype size, perhaps?

Gusto = 22

Steelswarm (including "lswarm" support) = 24

Vylon = 26

Gishki = 26

Laval = 27

Gem-Knight = 30

The average would be 26 cards, if it wasn't obvious. (It rounds up to 26)

So, under that, we should sort of aim to land an archetype around that number of cards by the end of its life span. Anywhere from 20-30 would be good.

Since I said they return to the heavens and no one disputed that, lets perhaps say that the heavens are their HQ, essentially.

An idea I have is to make sure each archetype has a Field Spell, to show their lands, or as you referred to it, "sphere of influence".

As for their name, suggestions (bolded being my preferred suggestion:

-Divine Deity

-God Entity

Then, of course, the Evil would be "Tainted God", considering no one disputed that and it seemed well accepted. We can make the LIGHT and DARK two different archetypes.

Also, the LIGHT shouldn't be Type-Defined. They should have a monster for perhaps just about each Type, to show how broad their influence is. Like, a LIGHT Beast-Type "Deer" creature to show their dominion over nature and the EARTH realm, for example.

I think you are misunderstanding the deities lead clans suggestion. They still created the world and proceed to destroy it, but only the parts which their fellow deities created. They use the clans they lead to assist them in stopping the opposing gods from doing the same to them.

So the deities, the LIGHT archetype, each made a land and a clan to occupy it.

Then, they have tensions with each other.

"lol my clan is bestest!"

???

Chaos ensues.

Not necessarily a land, but a part of reality. Maybe have them each control over a sort of "Seven deadly Sins" kinda deal. 1 made Order/Vengeance/Remorse/Fanfare/Ruin/Chaos/other options?

The vote is still going on, rob (can I call you rob?).  We are just working on our proposal so that it is as developed as possible before we finalize our intent.

On that note, Therrion, what if we called the creators:

1. Prime Entity

2. Antecosm

3. Omni

These are just some other options off of the top of my head. 

I love the field spell idea. And I feel like I would need a more expounded concept of the every type notion. Do you mean that the creators would take those forms or what?

In the archetype, they'd have a monster of each Type (in the sake of somewhat similar types, like Fish/Aqua, just 1 to cover the group).

So basically

1 Beast/Beast-Warrior, 1 Warrior, 1 Spellcaster/Psychic, 1 Aqua/Fish/Sea Serpent, 1 Winged-Beast, 1 Dragon, 1 Fairy, 1 Fiend, etc.

To basically show their power over all beings.

Having a beast would show their dominion over the beasts of the world, a warrior would show their power over man, Fiend, their power of demons, Fish/etc over the seas, etc.

As for the 7 Sins, I don't mind that. That'd make it easier for the clans to have a focus on play style, but that would require a 7th clan (though, numbers on clans has yet to be defined since 6 was under the assumption of Attribute combinations, a scrapped idea as of now I believe).

So, if we do operate under the sins, we have to make 9 archetypes, 7 clans, 1 LIGHT God archetype, and 1 DARK God archetype. That is a lot. And for that reason, I dissuade this idea.

I think you are misunderstanding the deities lead clans suggestion. They still created the world and proceed to destroy it, but only the parts which their fellow deities created. They use the clans they lead to assist them in stopping the opposing gods from doing the same to them.

But that would defeat our point of the deities disliking an imperfect world and then we wouldn't have the clans uniting to fight back (which would definitely be a cool idea to have as we could create ways to connect the archetypes).

The vote is still going on, rob (can I call you rob?).  We are just working on our proposal so that it is as developed as possible before we finalize our intent.

On that note, Therrion, what if we called the creators:

1. Prime Entity

2. Antecosm

3. Omni

These are just some other options off of the top of my head.

Primordial?

Therrion, while the concept is good, I'm afraid the names are so obvious, they are borderline horrid in my eyes due to the sheer plain flavour.

Personally I'd like to suggest the names for the "benevolent" deities as the 'Sura', or at a stretch the 'Deva', minor benevolent deities of Hindu and Buddhist belief, whilst in turn recommending the 'Asura' as their corrupt counterparts.

These names I suggest because they're just...not so strikingly obvious.

Oh no, I certainly agree Kyng. No offense taken. I suck when it comes to names.

I liked Primordial suggestion. Under such, what would the DARK Counterpart be...?

As for going with already established mythology, it is possible. Asura already has Asura Priest, though, which would be annoying. Plus, I don't prefer this over avoiding already established mythologies, though we can certainly put that to a vote as well considering the 6 to 1 current poll being rather pointless to keep up as of now.

It's all depending on where do we put our goals at. Do we plan to make an actual CCG? If so, then go wild with the naming scheme. Do we plan to make a realistic TCG booster pack? Then yeah, that'll be annoying. I'm fine either way, though. Also, we shouldn't over-prioritize lore since there's another aspect that we need to polish. I say, after we're set on a theme, we should go wild with card making, then polishing them after the draft is done.

Forgot to address it, but it is true that focusing on the Sins would contradict their reasoning for making the world. So, scrap it.

Theme/Archetype outlines should be drawn prior to going wild, so we don't have to waste time sifting through cards and saying if they're fit or not for the archetype.

I say we return to the 4 clans idea, where the clans focus on a single attribute and making dual attribute monsters be the symbol of their working together, like how duel terminal had Xyz Monsters show the union the tribes had.

With this, it'd be good to have people submit their ideas (in spoilers, to save room) on what each Attribute's clan should have/what aspects they follow. After a few days, we can collect it all and put it in OP for a vote.

[spoiler=For example,] I and Sora submit our ideas.

Sora Idea:

[spoiler=FIRE Clan] They should focus on supporting one big boss monster. This should be shown in a similar way to Ice Barriers, where in numbers they are stronger. The weaklings give their effects to the highest Level "Archetype" monster on the field, or something like that. [/spoiler]

My idea:

[spoiler=FIRE Clan] We should go against Rekindling, and instead have FIRE monsters as the defensive clan. This will be shown by their high original DEF stat, as well as their probable play style. [/spoiler]

We compile all suggestions for each clan (and God/Corrupt), and put them under a list.

FIRE

Copy/Paste Sora Suggestion

Copy/Paste My suggestion

Then voters say:

FIRE: Sora's idea.

WATER: Therrion's idea.

etc.[/spoiler]

I've said before that we don't necessarily need them to turn DARK.

So we're going with the mono-elemental clans again? (I personally don't mind/like this idea)

But if we do do Field Spell Centric, the Primordial's Field Spell should have: If this face-up card is destroyed, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into your Deck to add this card to your hand instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

[quote name="A I X" post="6283739" timestamp="1381094784"]I've said before that we don't necessarily need them to turn DARK.   So we're going with the mono-elemental clans again? (I personally don't mind/like this idea)   But if we do do Field Spell Centric, the Primordial's Field Spell should have: If this face-up card is destroyed, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into your Deck to add this card to your hand instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/quote] The Primordials are our gods, right? I think they should all be level 5-6, and have the clause "If you control 'Primordial Field Spell' you can NS this card w/o tributes" then also have a group of level 1-2 monsters that either search the field spell and/or can be used as tribute fodder.

Just because they're 1 attribute each does not mean they don't all get a Field Spell. I wouldn't want to scrap that, as I really liked the idea of each having a Field Spell.

Sora, should the Field Spell then just say you can Normal Summon Primoridal Monsters w/o Tribute?

I actually thought it'd be cool if each of them under certain conditions can be Normal Summoned without Tribute.

An idea I was toying with was:

Apeiron, the Primordial of Genesis

[LIGHT/Level 12/Fairy/Effect]

This card is also treated as EARTH, WATER, FIRE, WIND and DARK. You can Normal Summon this card without Tributes at the start of your Main Phase 1 if you control no monsters. When this card is Normal Summoned: Activate 1 Field Spell and Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck, and if you do, end your turn.

ATK/ 0 DEF/ 0

and having the Primordial Void have the ability to destroy any number of cards you control as a Quick Effect and letting you gain 500-1000 Life Points as a possibility.

The Genesis of a perfect world should contain no DARK, similar to how the Bible said "And it was good." I guess. Seems to contradict the story.

And oh Primordial, +2 on Normal Summon = all the nope. Especially "any monster". Would have to be specific on the monster, and even then +2 is nope.

Oh, and I'll go and say that the idea to have a Normal Summonable all attribute monster is bork with Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan.

Addressing their Summoning:

Under certain conditions could be fine. At least, for those who require two Tributes normally. The Field could still reduce by 1, so 5 and 6 can be Normal Summoned w/o any, but the 7+ would require 1 OR their conditions fulfilled.

Well, since field spell is really valuable for worldbuilding, I think the idea is good. The Primordials shouldn't rely to much on the field though, since last time it happened, the result is meh. Also, aside from the archetypes, we should make cards that tell the events in the world(normal monster or something like those DT legacy supports in the main boosters, but with more generic effects).

[quote name="Therrion" post="6283749" timestamp="1381095497"][center]Just because they're 1 attribute each does not mean they don't all get a Field Spell. I wouldn't want to scrap that, as I really liked the idea of each having a Field Spell.[/center] [center]Sora, should the Field Spell then just say you can Normal Summon Primoridal Monsters w/o Tribute?[/center][/quote] We could do that. I think the big ones should be called the Primordial Gods and the little ones the Primordial Wisps

Archived