Pokemon X & Y (Post Launch)

Eury

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone needs Icy Snow Vivillons, I can certainly get them.

I just can't do any real IV breeding for them yet cause not post game. ^^''

I can get Ocean Vivillons for you.

Me liekz Vivillons. May I trade for one? Is there anything either of you would like in particular?

Anyone have any idea why Gliscor uses are using 72 EVs in speed. I'm not sure what the extra 18 points are going to be helping it outspeed.

What Nature is it? And what the other EVs in? I assume ATK and...?

In other news, I seem to have found the right breeding combination for the time being, as I now have about 6 Eevee with 5 perfect IVs (the most that can be guaranteed, anyway). Hoping I get a female among them soon so I can breed two 5 perfects for consistent results before focusing on Nature.

Also, plenty of Eevee with Hidden Abilities, several female. (IVs not that amazing)

What Nature is it? And what the other EVs in? I assume ATK and...?

The spreads on the giant list.

Spreads                                
 | Impish:252/0/184/0/0/72 36.422%        
 | Adamant:184/252/0/0/0/72  9.348%       
 | Impish:244/0/40/0/0/224  8.656%        
 | Impish:244/0/248/0/0/16  5.263%        
 | Impish:252/0/252/0/0/4  2.783%          
 | Impish:252/4/252/0/0/0  1.865%   

Clearly they are trying to outspeed something, but I have no idea what the goal is.

It's being used to absorb hits, then. It's being trained in HP and DEF, plus a little Speed. Gliscor has decent speed already, so that build is bulky and wants to outspeed everything with subpar speed.

Yes, I know what they are doing. I don't know why they are going with 72. The number feels arbitary and I honestly don't know what they are trying to outpseed with that number. They clearly have something in mind, but I'm drawing a blank.

Looking it up, it seems to have been set some time back as a benchmark for its speed to be at to outspeed low-speed investment Pokemon. I don't know about the game enough to say what Pokemon fall under this specific bar, but it's probably significant enough. In one thread I read Tentacruel and Jarachi with minimum speed investment. Gliscor can scare out a lot of Pokemon with Earthquake, so I guess having the option to hit first on those slower Pokemon eliminates the chance of them from striking him, so they're forced to switch out or die.

Long story short, it's apparently some number that's figured to be the just above average for slower Pokes that are known to be in the game.

Yay, got my 5 perfect IV female (still with the Hidden Ability, too), so now to get consistently good batches of, at the bare minimum, 3 perfects (The female is lacking SpATK, the male is lacking HP, so there's the slim chance both non-perfect IVs will be inherited and then the 1 IV left to chance).

I love Hatching O-Power + Flame Body. That's the only reason I choose to spend even half the time I have so far.

Looking it up, it seems to have been set some time back as a benchmark for its speed to be at to outspeed low-speed investment Pokemon. I don't know about the game enough to say what Pokemon fall under this specific bar, but it's probably significant enough. In one thread I read Tentacruel and Jarachi with minimum speed investment. Gliscor can scare out a lot of Pokemon with Earthquake, so I guess having the option to hit first on those slower Pokemon eliminates the chance of them from striking him, so they're forced to switch out or die.

Long story short, it's apparently some number that's figured to be the just above average for slower Pokes that are known to be in the game.

There we go. I wasn't counting on outspeeding things with 0 speed investment. So at 72 SPE EVs Scor hits 244 SPE, enough to outspeed Garchomp assuming it has 0 investment. That seems silly since Chomp will almost always have some investment, but w/e. Thats what they are going for. 

I think some of the odd EV spreads is because people don't know what they are doing. For Charizard people are putting the last point in HP, but since they makes the number even it only gives Charizard 2 switch in on SR where odd makes it 3. Yay rounding down.

2013-2014 VGC season rules and format are now known to us:

The official Play! Pokémon rules and formats for the 2013-2014 season VGC tournaments have been revealed by the official site.

The standard battle format style will be Flat Double Battles using Pokémon X and Y. Pokémon that are above Level 50 being auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle. Players can only use Pokémon from the Central, Coastal or Mountain Kalos Pokédexes, except Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and Mewtwo. Pokémon transferred from Generation V games by Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter are banned but they can be used to breed new Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y. The moves Sky Drop and Dark Void are now permitted. Mega Evolution and Hidden Abilities are allowed.

tl;dr Kalos-native pokemon only.

Bit of pain given Bank is out soon, but I suppose they're keeping the field level for those who cannot afford the bank cost, don't want to use it or new players.

Does that mean Blaziken is banned? It's event for the region meaning everyone has access, but not technically a native resident or transferred.

Saw this on FB:

dym9.jpg

Archived