Pokemon X & Y (Post Launch)

Eury

Sasha, just tell me when you're available to trade. I'll take a River Scatterbug if you don't mind. Also, if Hatcher could tell me when she's online that'd be great. I'd like to have that Eevee safari.

What is your IGN and I'll watch out for you online and trade you whenever.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, thats all you need. So long as the pokemon is in the same egg group and has the IVs you want when you breed you have a chance of getting them passed down. Best way to get this would be a friend safari where the person gives dragons. Catch a bunch of males and your good to go. The down side of using a different species is that it takes longer to breed. This is why as you get better IV combos you change around the pokemon you have in the daycare.

Also, may I ask why special attack? I don't see adamant nature using that stat so it seems like a waste.

I honestly have no idea how I got maxed SpA, especially since I was breeding for ATK and DEF. I've been working at breeding other stats, but I think the Power items interfere with Destiny Knot, since whenever I use the two together I only have one maxed stat iv. So basically my goal is to catch a bunch of dragons in the FS, then just keep breeding them until the IVs match up?

I honestly have no idea how I got maxed SpA, especially since I was breeding for ATK and DEF. I've been working at breeding other stats, but I think the Power items interfere with Destiny Knot, since whenever I use the two together I only have one maxed stat iv. So basically my goal is to catch a bunch of dragons in the FS, then just keep breeding them until the IVs match up?

The Power Item should just guarantee the stat corresponding to the IV is one of the 5 guaranteed to be passed down. I could be wrong on that, depending on which stats are maxed. I suppose I could experiment with my plethora of Perfect 5 Eevee once I get a Power Item.

Go evil. I remember in a video on Shinys that they can occur really quickly or take ages.

Thanks Broke. I'll get rid of Crunch and w/e move it has. That would pretty much the set I was thinking. Like how it learns Fly naturally, luckily it had 4 moves after I removed Strength and Rock Smash (I'd used it to Slave in the Victory Road for some reason.) otherwise I wouldn't be able to trade. Team is Lv 52

You could have just randomly gotten it. When I was breeding for Blaziken I randomly got perfect HP. That made me happy tbqh.

Destiny Knot is much better. 5/6 of the IVs from either parent will pass down. Yea, thats all you need. So lets say you have these 4

Perfect IVs: ATK, DEF / HP, ATK / DEF, SPD / HP, SPE

First breed the ones with perfect ATK, DEF with HP, SPE. Eventually you'll get a baby with all 4. Though to make it faster you can stop once you have HP, ATK, SPE. After that use DEF, SPD and you'll know have a chance to get full perfect. From here replace the parents as you get better IV combinations. 

So, I kinda got jip'd just now: traded my Yveltal for a Ditto on the GTS from someone claiming it had all Perfect IVs. Turns out, its only Perfects were in Sp. Def and Speed.

Just out of curiosity, why would you trust the GTS?
It's literally a spam-dump, so it's not like your always going to get what you want.

Got some Zygarde in GTS. Offered it asking for Xerneas. Got Xerneas and offered it for a Zapdos. Got the Zapdos.

Then I posted a female Charmeleon asking for a Zygarde. Got it, and posted it asking for an Yveltal. Tonight I will see if I got it, and if I did, I will trade it for another Articuno or Moltres.

In addition to my Poliwhirl shiny luck, I just remembered a funny story (it's why I found the Poliwhirl in the first place).

I was looking for a Dragonair on that route, and training my still-mid-level Eons. I did manage to come across a Dragonair, and my Espeon weakened it nicely with Dazzling Gleam.

Then Dragonair used Dragon Tail.

Ironically, my Espeon's eagerness to impress me caused it to endure the hit. Because it loves me and wants me to be proud of it.

Except surviving the hit meant Dragon Tail ended the battle.

Just be lazy; I say a semi-perfect Honedge missing a perfectly imperfect speed stat is good enough :P

I find it funny that its more annoying to get perfectly imperfect IVs than perfect. I want it for Ferro, Hone, and even the Forretress I have that is already perfect. Still, lazy wins. Going to start EV training Hone and then pokemon 4/6 will be done.

Archived