Pokemon X & Y (Post Launch)

Eury

Took a couple days of breeding, but I finally settled on a near-perfect Froakie. 31 Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed. 29 HP IVs. I said "Screw it, it's good enough." It's now a Modest Protean Greninja with Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, and Mat Block. It's single handedly sweeping teams in the Super Single Battles in the Battle Maison. <3 this thing.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anything specific you want for one?

It'd be great to get one with HP and Def, since those seem to be the least common among the pokemon I catch in the safari, regardless of egg group.

Nothing like that. But I could trade you two Dittos.

I am in need of stuff that evolve by trading with equipped items.

Scizor or Kingdra would be great. Or just about any shiny.

Most dittos I have are japanese, and are all from safaris.

I suppose it was just the cannot be transferred and must be in the Kalos pokedex, that confused me because it leaves Blaziken in the middle.

I'm half tempted to trade the Shiny Lickitung away. Too lazy too though.

[spoiler='Other Pokemon found in XY found on FB']7aoc.jpg[/spoiler]

I suppose it was just the cannot be transferred and must be in the Kalos pokedex, that confused me because it leaves Blaziken in the middle.

I'm half tempted to trade the Shiny Lickitung away. Too lazy too though.

[spoiler='Other Pokemon found in XY']7aoc.jpg[/spoiler]

Nothing like that. But I could trade you two Dittos.

I am in need of stuff that evolve by trading with equipped items.

Scizor or Kingdra would be great. Or just about any shiny.

Most dittos I have are japanese, and are all from safaris.

Alright that's fine. I can trade you both, so just shoot me a trade request.

Just let me finish the restaurant battles.

EDIT: Did I give you the correct Dittos?

Ouch, didn't see this.

Yeah I got the right ones, don't worry.

Now I just get to grind my days away hoping for the stats to transfer over.

On a side note, does anyone know if it's possible for the Destiny Knot to copy the same IV from both parents, and just overwrite one?

Like for example, when I was breeding Joltiks, I had Everstone and DK on the parents, the mother being 31/31/x/31/31/31, the father being x/31/31/31/31/31, and the child came out with x/x/31/31/X/31.

Am I just insane and don't know how to read/IV check properly, or is this a thing?

I've never wonder traded, though I might be tempted to get rid of my extra Non-Speed Boost Torchic's I've gained.

Anyone noticed Combusken looks really pale, compared to older games?

Have to remember to buy Poison Jab when I finally hit Shalour.

Anyone missing the game corners?

Smogon isn't working for me shoot (Apparently up for everyone else though). I wanted some idea of what to go with on Slyveon if they'd got a strategy for it. (Just an idea of the attack moves to use, as I never tend to use Stat reduces/Status inflicting coz I don't need to in game.)

On a side note, does anyone know if it's possible for the Destiny Knot to copy the same IV from both parents, and just overwrite one?

Like for example, when I was breeding Joltiks, I had Everstone and DK on the parents, the mother being 31/31/x/31/31/31, the father being x/31/31/31/31/31, and the child came out with x/x/31/31/X/31.

Am I just insane and don't know how to read/IV check properly, or is this a thing?

That does seem strange. Not sure what happened.

Smogon isn't working for me shoot (Apparently up for everyone else though). I wanted some idea of what to go with on Slyveon if they'd got a strategy for it. (Just an idea of the attack moves to use, as I never tend to use Stat reduces/Status inflicting coz I don't need to in game.)

Various numbers for Slyveon from the early X/Y meta

Abilities                               
 | Cute Charm 74.139%                     
 | Pixilate 25.861%  

Items                                   
 | Leftovers 73.611%                      
 | Choice Specs  7.793%                   
 | Life Orb  3.796%                       
 | Pixie Plate  2.556%                    
 | Light Clay  2.362%      

Spreads                                
 | Modest:252/0/0/252/4/0 24.834%         
 | Calm:252/0/0/4/252/0 20.262%           
 | Bold:252/0/252/4/0/0 10.537%           
 | Bold:252/0/252/0/4/0  3.287%           
 | Calm:252/0/4/0/252/0  1.827%           
 | Mild:252/4/0/252/0/0  1.824%  

Moves                                   
 | Moonblast 84.400%                      | 
 | Calm Mind 47.029%                      | 
 | Wish 42.342%                           | 
 | Shadow Ball 34.432%                    | 
 | Draining Kiss 30.003%                  | 
 | Protect 28.832%                        | 
 | Psyshock 22.394%                       | 
 | Toxic 20.592%                          | 
 | Hidden Power Fire 10.982%              | 
 | Baton Pass  9.147%                     | 
 | Substitute  8.908%                     | 
 | Hidden Power Ground  8.235%            | 
 | Dazzling Gleam  6.151%                 | 
 | Reflect  5.541%                        | 
 | Hyper Beam  5.516%                     | 
 | Yawn  5.194%                           | 
 | Light Screen  4.839%                   | 
 | Detect  2.044%                         | 
 | Baby-Doll Eyes  1.897%                 | 
 | Stored Power  1.572%  

Yay info dump. This likely isn't exactly what you wanted, but having an idea as to what people are doing is still helpful.

I just liked the exchange. I remember in the manga Platinum getting hooked on them then using that knowledge against Maylene and in the Frontier.

There's no Pokemon now really to save up, instead it's all about earning BP.

Thanks Flame. I did debate some Psychic move incase during the game as I rotate around the EXP needed it hits a Poison type. And Psyshock was that move. Might go with ingame moves of Moon Blast, Psyshock, Shadow Ball (need to find the TM still.), something else. (Don't have the patience for Hidden Power types lol.)

Need to go prepare a team to look in terminus cave. Which should be fun.

Aside from the fact Groudon looks adorable in X/Y....
That Zubat event. My sides xD God, that is just waaaaay too damn funny. I, might actually either take part in that, OR see how many different Zubats I can get.

Oh, and the cool part of that, is it would make the lottery alot easier... Heh...

Ouch, didn't see this.

Yeah I got the right ones, don't worry.

Now I just get to grind my days away hoping for the stats to transfer over.

It's possible for the child to only have 3 perfects, but the way yours ended up is illogical, assuming the parents' IVs are correct.

The mother doesn't have perfect DEF, and the father doesn't have perfect HP. Since 5 IVs get passed down with Destiny Knot, you could end up inheriting the father's HP, the mother's ATK, and the random non-inherited IV. Any one of the 6 IVs could be non-perfect, but if you have 3 non-perfects, two of them would have to be HP and DEF.

Breed a perfect Axew. Sadly, it has perfect SP.ATK and not ATK. At least I can speed up breeding since I no longer need to use my Hydreigon.

And yea making perfect pokemon is awesome. As you get more in more egg groups it becomes easier and easier. Going to have a perfect Charizard for the X stone soon. Just need to get the X stone now. lol

Well, a good way to find which of the Horde Zubats has Infiltrator would be to set up a Sub with a high level and then wait to see which one hurts it. As roughly one Pokemon per horde would have its HA

When I go for Zubat thats what I'm going to do. I did something similar when getting my Gligar since I was able to look at their ability by using Toxic on everything. I think it took me 4 hordes to get one.

Currently in the process of breeding a Poison Fang Arbok in preparation for breeding an "Elemental Fang-esque" Tyrunt. Problem is... neither the Ekans I've been hatching nor either of the two Female Tyrunt I have have the Adamant Nature. >=-(

I should have Adamant Tyrunts with all 4 of the fangs left over from my breeding escapade if you want one.

Archived