YCM Forum Event Planning Committee

Welcome to the YCM Forum Event Planning Committee. In the aftermath of the rather critical Halloween Event, we have gathered together to try and come up with events that the whole site can enjoy! To do this, we will brainstorm here in the thread, and once we have something that everyone has agreed upon, we will plot and scheme via PM regarding the details, so the rank-and-file users of this site don't know what we have cooking! If you wish to join, please fill out the app below! The only real rules are to be able to keep a secret from the other YCM forum members about the specifics of what is going on, and to have fun!

[spoiler=Rules]
1. All YCM Forum Rules apply.
2. All YCM Cubs Subforum Rules apply.
3. No spamming or flaming.
4. By joining this committee, you are agreeing to keeping relatively secret on the actual details of events.
5. Be warned that, by participating, you reduce your chances of actually being in the events we make here, since it wouldn't be fair if someone who participates in an event knows the ins and outs.
6. Have fun!
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Members]
Ain the Infinite
A I X
Akari Akaza
GLaDOS
Kyng
Nathanael D. Striker
Pika/Assault Mode
Sakura Haruno
Shut Up Thar
StealthyTyranitar

Unsterblich Schriftsteller
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Application]
Username:
Why Do You Want To Join?:
[/spoiler]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm.. It had it's issues, and it can never be perfect, but I'd still call it "successful".

I'd guess the general outline of the plans will be discussed in this thread, and the details elsewhere, but only the ones that need to be hidden for the sake of X event.

Rather than Skype, I suggest you make it a big PM. I know Skype is a relatively common thing nowadays, but one can never assume everyone will have it, and one shouldn't need access somewhere apart from the site itself to join a club in this site. It'd look more fair IMO.

Umm.. It had it's issues, and it can never be perfect, but I'd still call it "successful".

I'd guess the general outline of the plans will be discussed in this thread, and the details elsewhere, but only the ones that need to be hidden for the sake of X event.

Rather than Skype, I suggest you make it a big PM. I know Skype is a relatively common thing nowadays, but one can never assume everyone will have it, and one shouldn't need access somewhere apart from the site itself to join a club in this site. It'd look more fair IMO.

Thanks a lot!

Fixed!

Username: Akari Akaza (Also known as "Sleepy" by people that have seen me around long enough).

Why do you want to join?: It sounds like an interesting idea to have a club about planning events for this site. I'm currently kinda dry of ideas, but am curious what else can be cooked up, and who knows? maybe we can come up with something interesting eventually. I'm willing to participate and also wanna see how I can improve next time's performance.

Username: StealthyTyranitar
Why Do You Want To Join?: I would love to get even more involved in the site and thoroughly enjoyed the Halloween event, and would like to witness more events like it.

You're in!

Well, just in case you don't know, Advent Calendars are special little trinkets used to count down the days 'til Christmas. 24 little windows, which are opened on each day 'til the 24th. They either contain a gift, or something else Xmas related.

So, a 24 day long calendar of gifts, of some sort.

I know what an Advent Calendar is.
I'm just curious on how we would implement it.

We're going to need staff support on this. What about a turkey hunt for thanksgiving?

That's basically the same thing as hunting monsters, only more bland because everyone would be turkeys and there'd be absolutely NOTHING we could do with that.

About the Advent Calendar, that could be a nice idea with some more details added to it.

We should prepare the 24 windows with time.

It's interesting that they could be incorporated into hidden posts by the members of the club or the volunteers of the event (depending on what the event is like when it happens). Though, instead of a "K, find them good luck" or a time race, we could post riddles pointing at where said post might be at. The first person to find them and report them would get a prize of some sort. Without the spot being made public of course, so that other people into the event could have a go, even without a prize.

Also, if all are Christmas-related things, let's see:

Don't mind me, I'm just filling in blanks and thinking out loud at this point...

1st Dasher Day

2nd Dancer Day

3rd Prancer Day

4th Vixen Day

5th Comet Day

6th Cupid Day

7th Donner Day

8th Blitzen Day

9th Rudolph Day

10th Christmas Elf Day

11th Grinch Day

12th