[Fanfiction] Thar's YCM Pairings (PG-16)

Thar

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think that a story about me would be any more rewarding than a story involving Striker.

DaexStriker when?

We can even have the former StrikerxAlice subplot be a motivation.

We can even have more time traveling Night if you want.

Speaking of time-traveling Night, he totally goes back in time to save Yin right?

RIGHT?

I'll only take one for the team if you have pizza. ;D

We only have Little Caesars, is that alright?

I fucking love Little Caesars, BUT NOBODY UNDERSTANDS OUR LOVE. THEY ALL SAY IT TASTES LIKE CARDBOARD, BUT I TRULY TASTE IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

I believe I paired myself with Hina in the first place that ended up with her "cheating on me" with Striker, and then I get married with someone else. I hardly remember what I said, though. Astory involving me would be completely terrible. It really isn't that much of a thing for me to be a good "character" for a story. I am too crappy of a person to have any sense of romance and the character would be too douchey to support romance in any format. There are reasons for them to be shot down, because they aren't crackfics and the story would be worse than half of the s*** that 50 Shades was made out of.

You're just dissing on yourself too much right now to actually take the "You're A Douche" running gag so seriously. And I'm pretty sure Thar has more respect for you than to make you some mere bland douche.

DaexStriker when?

We can even have the former StrikerxAlice subplot be a motivation.

Eh. We really don't need any more MC Striker.

We can even have more time traveling Night if you want.

We need less Night at any point in time.

Speaking of time-traveling Night, he totally goes back in time to save Yin right?

RIGHT?

I f***ing love Little Caesars, BUT NOBODY UNDERSTANDS OUR LOVE. THEY ALL SAY IT TASTES LIKE CARDBOARD, BUT I TRULY TASTE IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

...cardboard?

Hey, it's cheap as fuck so if I have a hankering for it I might grab some but I have like 20 options in a five minute driving distance so it's not really ever one of my top picks. Plus, dominos is better.

You were only a year younger than me this whole time? Man, if I knew that I still wouldn't have hit on you.

I dodged a bullet there. 

I f***ing love Little Caesars, BUT NOBODY UNDERSTANDS OUR LOVE. THEY ALL SAY IT TASTES LIKE CARDBOARD, BUT I TRULY TASTE IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

I mean since I'm broke it tastes amazing so it's all good. 

And since Dae put his 2 cents into this I might as well. I honestly don't care, as long as you don't portray me as something I'm not. If you write stuff like this you have to give the person justice.

My advice to you is that if you don't know them well enough then don't write about them.  You are the writer though, so you shouldn't let your creativity get spoiled by a couple of bad revues or disagreements. 

Little Ceasers may be shit, but at least it's better than Domino's. If you knew what I know, you'd know that I know that that shit is known to not be known as pizza.

I honestly don't care, as long as you don't portray me as something I'm not. If you write stuff like this you have to give the person justice.

My advice to you is that if you don't know them well enough then don't write about them.  You are the writer though, so you shouldn't let your creativity get spoiled by a couple of bad revues or disagreements. 

You'd literally be the only person portrayed accurately.

You're just dissing on yourself too much right now to actually take the "You're A Douche" running gag so seriously. And I'm pretty sure Thar has more respect for you than to make you some mere bland douche.

You're right, apparently other people don't see to share the same feelings. Ultimately, it is up to Thar, but I don't want to be the comic relief guy that gets paired with people like how I was getting paired with Rapid, Preteen, One Erection,etc. I am fine with being paired with people, but don't make it such a joke like that.

bullshit love making stories is very serious to us lonely people alright man

Love is overrated, imo, but it's like Wrestling and soap operas; with the right angle, a story can parallax to levels beyond this world.

Speaking of "out of this world"... I've recently been imagining a pairing involving an alien abduction.

Love is overrated, imo, but it's like Wrestling and soap operas; with the right angle, a story can parallax to levels beyond this world.

Speaking of "out of this world"... I've recently been imagining a pairing involving an alien abduction.

It is still a joke, but you're representing people. I can take a joke. Pair me up with Maxxion or some other person that gets on my nerves just by being them self, I would laugh. I just don't want to be paired with something that looks like an entire joke at a person who doesn't really deserve it.

CrabxPika's been reposted, btw.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/311510-thars-ycm-pairings-pg-16/?p=6381616

And Dae, noted.

EDIT: Wait, no, can't do Maxxion. Don't want another flamefest.

I could also mention plenty of people who try to one up me and only show their stupidity. I'll just have to do a little digging.

I could also mention plenty of people who try to one up me and only show their stupidity. I'll just have to do a little digging.

...this gives me an idea. Might not be for a while, but it's certainly an idea.

Having just finished The Amber Spyglass again, I say screw you. :angry:

Anyway, having read Pika x Crab, I enjoyed it for overarching plot development as a genuine series. 1) What has happened to the fabled god YCMaker? 2) When will the evil nemesis Crab and her henchwoman Pika make their revenge as evil masterminds known? 3) When will Night get his revenge for killing Yin (but why? :()? 4) What is the deal with Coolspy in all this (I haven't read that chapter. But it was very cool how you used him at the start to set the whole thing up and then referenced him again at the end after I had forgotten it)? 5) What will Frunk do now he is in charge? And so on.

Still getting irritated by the sloppy typos and redundant description in places (main example: I'm going to assume Night isn't going to light the end of the cigarette that's IN HIS MOUTH!) that can be jarring in places, but I'm steadily getting hooked into this.

You said Night edited this for you, right? Because whenever it's Night related I sort of sense TONS of bias. Sort of the propblem with having an MC be your editor I suppose. Also, some grammar errors apparently weren't fixed.

I liked Pika's character at the start but it got sort of more and more eh as it progressed. I understand the whole showing a weaker side around loved ones kind of thing cliche but also felt like she flat out lost too much cool when that trying too hard to be cool Night guy appeared and then she never really got it back. Jokes didn't really get to me as much either this time around. Some were just those kinds of jokes you always have to hear in that situation. Again, stronger start to me in those regards. I know that wasn't even the point to the second half though. It had more serious tones. And honestly, I did sort of like them. I was okay with the usual humor being replaced with these more serious themes and plot points. They were pretty well done and interesting. Probably could have used a bit more usage of other YCMembers. Like, who in their right mind would rally behind Night?

tl;dr

Not my favorite by a long shot but still a fairly solid read. A bias against Night is always worth noting in order to gauge my review more properly. I'll be looking forward to part 2 though.

Doesn't that have the same problem that I mentioned ships with me would have? What's the point if you can switch out anybody from a large amount of people and the reason for any of the pairings is all the same? It needs to be a bit more unique than that, you know.

You said Night edited this for you, right? Because whenever it's Night related I sort of sense TONS of bias. Sort of the propblem with having an MC be your editor I suppose. Also, some grammar errors apparently weren't fixed.

I liked Pika's character at the start but it got sort of more and more eh as it progressed. I understand the whole showing a weaker side around loved ones kind of thing cliche but also felt like she flat out lost too much cool when that trying too hard to be cool Night guy appeared and then she never really got it back. Jokes didn't really get to me as much either this time around. Some were just those kinds of jokes you always have to hear in that situation. Again, stronger start to me in those regards. I know that wasn't even the point to the second half though. It had more serious tones. And honestly, I did sort of like them. I was okay with the usual humor being replaced with these more serious themes and plot points. They were pretty well done and interesting. Probably could have used a bit more usage of other YCMembers. Like, who in their right mind would rally behind Night?

tl;dr

Not my favorite by a long shot but still a fairly solid read. A bias against Night is always worth noting in order to gauge my review more properly. I'll be looking forward to part 2 though.

So much bias, yet my contribution to this was literally making 4 quick corrections.

Everything that is written was done prior to me even seeing it and nothing's been altered besides a few grammatical errors since then. I even suggested to Thar that the death scene could do with some slight alterations, yet he decided not to do so. I legitimately don't see how there is any bias here.

Also, you do realize you're complaining about supposed "bias", yet that's exactly what you're doing, right?

More or less every single one of your negative points have been related to my involvement either in production or due to something as insignificant as a fucking character simply based on me.

I get that you don't like me, and that's completely fine, just don't take it out on his writing simply because you can't find a way to deal with your blatant issues.

So much bias, yet my contribution to this was literally making 4 quick corrections.

I apologize that my wording of that played up your role in editing more than it should have.

Everything that is written was done prior to me even seeing it and nothing's been altered besides a few grammatical errors since then.

Right. My apologies again. I forgot that. I had assumed that you played a heavier role in actual editing than you apparently did and that was certainly wrong of me.

I even suggested to Thar that the death scene could do with some slight alterations, yet he decided not to do so. I legitimately don't see how there is any bias here.

I honestly didn't have many problems with that scene besides maybe somewhat too godly of bullet trajectory skills but the world is already clearly exaggerated with some pretty amazing skills of people so I didn't mind too much. Hell,I really liked how Crab reacted and what not. Not sure why you're really mentioning a scene I didn't mention of having any problem with. Unless you meant how he bent over or something being a sort of overplayed joke which yeah, something a bit different should have been done.

Also, you do realize you're complaining about supposed "bias", yet that's exactly what you're doing, right?

Yes. I do mention that I have some bias so what I said should be taken with a grain of salt.

More or less every single one of your negative points have been related to my involvement either in production or due to something as insignificant as a f***ing character simply based on me.

So I didn't care much for the character based off of you. Not really anything wrong with that. Believe me, the distaste in the character is more than just simply disliking you as a person.

I get that you don't like me, and that's completely fine, just don't take it out on his writing simply because you can't find a way to deal with your blatant issues.

You're exaggerating your involvement in me not liking this chapter as much as every other chapter.

*Reads Crab-x-Pika*

I quite enjoyed it tbh. The fact that there's plot development from the other mod stories (Mugen-x-Coolspy and Night-x-Yin) makes it well worth the read and I can't wait to see what happens next.

*spots minor detail* Also, why do I get the feeling that the paper boy giving out the newspapers is Raeg?

*Reads Crab-x-Pika*
I quite enjoyed it tbh. The fact that there's plot development from the other mod stories (Mugen-x-Coolspy and Night-x-Yin) makes it well worth the read and I can't wait to see what happens next.
*spots minor detail* Also, why do I get the feeling that the paper boy giving out the newspapers is Raeg?

I dunno, maybeeee becausssse he is? >.> <.<
Just like Hina was said to be the secretary.

...Also, some grammar errors apparently weren't fixed.

tl;dr

Not my favorite by a long shot but still a fairly solid read...

I think in fairness this basically sums up my feelings towards this one but does it better. I guess it wasn't as funny due to serious plot development. It didn't look to have undergone a serious proofread/double-checking as it maybe should have, but understand you have been stuck on this for a while and with IRL stuff going on so perhaps understandable.

I dunno, maybeeee becausssse he is? >.> <.<
Just like Hina was said to be the secretary.

Ah damn it I knew I recognised the guy, just couldn't think of the name.

And Hina was the secretary? Didn't realise, though that's cool. So I guess this means literally every character is someone from this forum...

..... *starts bricking it at thoughts of possible involvement* :unsure:

Archived