Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft

Night

Phenomenal game, personally think it's the best card game out currently, but then again I don't play any others. 

I just hope Blizzard knows they have a great game and treat it as such. 

I really think they need to start working on new cards and content if they want HS not to falter and be forgotten since the initial hype has pretty much died out. 

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just your internet then? I've had no issues whatsoever since the latest patch. I'm quite pleased with the lack of bugs.

I'm not sure. My internet becomes slow and laggy on only specific sites and games (E.g. Hearthstone, DN etc) but games like starcraft run PERFECTLY.

It shouldn't be my PC because this is only a month old from the shop. Other people in my household rarely have issues but they are all really close to the router whereas I sit upstairs in my room. Distance therefore may be a factor but I still find it strange that some games work fine while others don't.

I'm not sure. My internet becomes slow and laggy on only specific sites and games (E.g. Hearthstone, DN etc) but games like starcraft run PERFECTLY.

It shouldn't be my PC because this is only a month old from the shop. Other people in my household rarely have issues but they are all really close to the router whereas I sit upstairs in my room. Distance therefore may be a factor but I still find it strange that some games work fine while others don't.

Not every game runs on the same reliable server though. Your internet might be fine on one but the Hearthstone server requires more power maybe?

I've been playing the game for months but haven't had a constructed Priest deck until now, it's got lots of healing minions and spells, standard Priest spells, and Wild Pyromancer. So many Pyromancer shenanigans. :3

Pyromancer + Equality in Paladins is too gooooooood. Dat 4-Mana field wipe.

Oh my god.....Ragnaros is so freaking OP. I had the game completely in my control. Mage summons Ragnaros. I lose. I had absolutely no response to it.

Sometimes my biggest response is to just ignore him and go for game. Though I understand how that can be hard when Rag keeps hitting monsters.

Ragnaros the RNG Lord is good, but far from OP. He's mostly a win more card.

Does Hearthstone really need those though? Especially one that ridiculous? It's another example of Fireball/Polymorph where it does too much in relation to its mana cost. I say raise its cost or lower its health.

There's a lot of things Hearthstone doesn't need, but it's not like win more cards are a bad thing. If you're already winning, it makes no difference, and if you're losing it probably won't save you. If every card game only made cards that were needed (e.g. Hearthston's basic set), there would be no variety and things would be boring very quickly.

The Mage is known for its direct firepower, that's why it has cards like Fireball, and even then it's still one of the worst classes. With regards to Polymorph, it's usually though that cards like Hex and Polymorph are fine while something like Assassinate is just UP. You can't just look at single cards in a vacuum and judge balance like that.

EDIT: Been testing my Priest deck some more, I love how the Pyromancer and my healing completely counters Hunter and Warlock rush decks.

Unleash The Hounds is broke. Starving Buzzard is broke. Both of them together is arguably the most overpowered draw combo in the game. Kill Command is cheap. Houndmaster's buff is insane. Snipe and Explosive Trap are bullshit. Arcane Shot is easy 1 Mana removal of basically anything before mid-game. Multi Shot is crazy. Deadly Shot is insanely cheap removal.

tl;dr Hunter is OP Easy Mode. Probably why so many losers play it. There is absolutely no player interaction involved with this deck. You get away with whatever you want. It's really sad when Taunt or Lose is the only way to play against this deck. Even then, your Taunts are gonna get popped as soon as you play them. It's also really unfair that HUNTER has the only method of Secret removal besides getting lucky with a Counterspell in a Mage Deck.

I can understand the Buzzard and UtH combo, but everything else you've complained about only makes me think you're pretty terrible. I mean, Arcane Shot, of all things? Snipe? It's laughable, really.

If you've got all these complaints you should really post on the Hearthstone forums for some advice, though I imagine you'll have to wade through a lot of comments that are what I've just told you.

I can understand the Buzzard and UtH combo, but everything else you've complained about only makes me think you're pretty terrible. I mean, Arcane Shot, of all things? Snipe? It's laughable, really.

Man, I hate being called terrible. I have a legit complaint about the Hunter class and it makes me terrible? All I said was Arcane Shot was easy 1 Mana removal of pretty much anything before mid-game, which is completely true. Explosive Trap is a 2 Mana Consecration, Deadly Shot is one of the best minion removals in the game assuming your opponent has very few on the board which is entirely possible to make happen with a Hunter deck.

Eh.....I just really don't like Hunters. The last 10 games I played against Hunters were all losses against people who net decked the same bullshit and just play rush the face + Buzzard + Unleash The Hounds. It really gets old.

don't be petulant for the sake of it, the main point stands and is valid that hunter is a degenerate deck with stand-alone cards that most classes lack and a way to just win outright without ever interacting with your oppnent. its cheap to craft, insanely easy to play and rips wins out of nowhere while still having a ton of inclass outs to the taunts that might stop them

seriously get off your own dick

His complaints blow the Hunter out of proportion and he's clearly shown bitterness due to simply losing a lot. It's just whining about a lot of cards that have no problems to them, and it happens far too often. I'm not some legendary player who's on his own dick, as you put it, but even I can see that there's no place for it.

you don't get to call someone terrible without proving the point you're trying to make. sure a person can be bitter but if you're going to judge someone you need to back your shit up or you're more in the wrong for what is literally just hands down an insult without any good reason

Guys just calm down, this is not what this club is for.

Quote from the first post's rules:

"Do not flame, insult, belittle or otherwise be disrespectful to fellow members, even if you do not agree with what they are saying or their opinions. Everyone has the right to speak their mind here and display their creativity."

I should not have to remind senior members of the rules.

I'm plenty calm, I'm simply tired of b****ing. I've seen dozens, possibly hundreds of threads like it over in the Hearthstone forums, where people lose abunch, then complain about everything under the sun, when most if it is perfectly fine.

However I will admit that I should've given reasons, which I will mitigate now.

- I agree that UtH needs to be dealt with. It's pretty much the only broken thing in the game right now.

- Buzzard after being nerfed to 1 health is probably a bit UP, it's UtH that's the issue.

- Like all traps, Snipe and Explosive Trap (which isn't that strong) are stupidly easy to play around.

- Both Multi-Shot and Deadly Shot suffer from RNG, which balances them.

- Houndmaster is situationally good, but only when it works. A lot of cards that are situational seem better than they should when they do work, but they don't always work.

- Kill Command requires another Beast to be an efficient removal spell. It's less situational than something like Houndmaster since it can still do 3 damage for 3 mana, however it's still somewhat situational. The fact it needs more than just 1 card to work is the clincher, in a similar vein to the Warrior's Execute, or the Paladin's Wild Pyromancer + Equality combo.

- Arcane Shot is good early game removal, but it's still a weak card, I'd say slightly better than mediocre.

Archived