Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft

Night

I've seen a lot of people say that Mage is the worst class. I just don't get it though from experience. I know a lot of it comes down to the fact that people take greivance with things being so expensive (Mana Wise), but I've never actually found it to be an outright terrible class.

Also I've been having great fun with a low level Warlock Rush deck atm. Whilst still doing annoyingly badly at the Arena =/

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, the whole worst class can really be based on the meta. And from what I'v heard, the meta shifts often either due to nerfs or just people finding ways to beat the prominate deck. Like when Priest was top, people started putting in minions with 4attack to get around mind control and other priest spells.

You mean Shadow Words. Only way to get around Mind Control is to win before turn 10

They're really just not that good at anything anymore. Their control was nerfed, their freeze was nerfed, their big damage was nerfed, etc.

They still have Fireball, Flamestrike, The freeze isn't made useless at all, and the only big damage was Pyroblast, which only made 2 turns later.

They still have good cards and good damage.

I'm... Really scared. About to do my first real Arena draft, and I don't feel like I got a very good draft. I got no Senjin Shieldmasters OR Chillwind Yeti's. >>

But since I drafted with Priest, I did get pretty lucky and I got three PW: Shields, two SW: Pains, and three Temple Enforcers. I got some other cool stuff, but... I dunno, not too happy...

[url=http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#33:1;42:1;73:1;74:1;95:1;221:1;232:3;249:1;280:1;315:2;338:1;360:1;428:1;431:3;442:1;557:1;576:1;600:1;604:1;624:1;641:1;648:1;656:1;659:1;671:1;]Link to Draft[/url]

I'm... Really scared. About to do my first real Arena draft, and I don't feel like I got a very good draft. I got no Senjin Shieldmasters OR Chillwind Yeti's. >>

But since I drafted with Priest, I did get pretty lucky and I got three PW: Shields, two SW: Pains, and three Temple Enforcers. I got some other cool stuff, but... I dunno, not too happy...

Link to Draft

There are still plenty of good things there. Acidic Swamp Ooze I know is the best of all the 2 costs, with Faerie Dragon just behind him.

Now this is a crappy interesting early hand.

sNlXoQ7.png

Suffice to say, I lost, but not by much. I was forced to use a Naturalize (I always find 1 of them to be pretty useful, even though the card's pretty bad), which sealed my fate. Still went 7-3 with the draft, though, so that's nice.

Meanwhile, my newest Shaman draft has Al'Akir, Ragnaros, and 4 Lightning Bolts, among other nice stuff. No Fire Elementals, though, which makes me sad.

Now this is a crappy interesting early hand.

sNlXoQ7.png

Suffice to say, I lost, but not by much. I was forced to use a Naturalize (I always find 1 of them to be pretty useful, even though the card's pretty bad), which sealed my fate. Still went 7-3 with the draft, though, so that's nice.

Meanwhile, my newest Shaman draft has Al'Akir, Ragnaros, and 4 Lightning Bolts, among other nice stuff. No Fire Elementals, though, which makes me sad.

Dam that blows three swipes.

Are we going to a tourny soon?

It was great when I actually got to turn 4, I got a lose of use out of those three Swipes.

Do you guys want to do a tourney? I'd be up for one, and you would be number 2. Anyone else?

Oh I can imagine, especially against a Pally, a Warlock would have also been crying. How much did you take by turn 4?

Not too much. I actually drew into Harvest Golem on turn 3 and he only summoned Initiates after the Worgen.

Hah, well all things considered that early game could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Question, so is it really so bad to use Fire Balls to kill minions instead of hitting the face? The times I'v done so I ended up winning cause of it.

If the 6 damage is worth it and you're playing control Mage, yeah, you should usually kill strong minions with it.

If I ever see a Mage ignore my creatures and Fireball my face, it usually means one of two things: They're bad, or run Pyroblast.

EDIT: Why does this keep happening.

REpPD8b.png

Archived