Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft

Night

Personally I don't have much trouble against hunters, what deck do you use? I use Warlock and just try to limit the use of my hero ability since most hunters try to play aggressively.

I use a mage, which is the only hero I have that's over Level 1 (Level 11.) I unlocked every other hero except the Warlock and the Hunter, and the Hunter is just so goddamn hard for me. I haven't faced the warlock yet, but I plan to.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love going against Hunters in constructed since most of them are really obviously going for the UtH combo. I simply don't summon more than 2 minions or so, and I just watch as they make very few plays and have their hand fill up with combo cards they'd rather not use.

I use a mage, which is the only hero I have that's over Level 1 (Level 11.) I unlocked every other hero except the Warlock and the Hunter, and the Hunter is just so goddamn hard for me. I haven't faced the warlock yet, but I plan to.

Oh ok,  it may just be that you need some stronger cards to deal with such a good aggro class. Some basic cards you should have that I'd recommend include sen'jin shieldmasta. If you're trying to keep board presence you will want to run plenty of removal (mages have a lot of that). Hunters rely on Beast Minions so try to kill them off as much as possible, even if it means trading your own minions.

Would you mind sending me your decklist? I may be able to help you improve it (hopefully), and thanks for listening to my issue.

Ok yeah. There's no denying it. Northshire Cleric needs a nerf. Either less Health or more mana cost. It's TOO GOOD for what you pay for it. It's absurdly difficult to get rid of it in the early game and Priest gets way too much benefit out of it most of the time.

You pay 1 mana + Whatever else you have to pay to heal stuff. It's really easy to play around half the time if you don't drop a 2/1 turn 1.

i'd do that but i have a really small card pool so i only have 1 decent 2/3/2 which is that acid weapon kill guy which is a b**** to draw compared to my probably over-the-top number of taunters

oh and people literally never seem to crash into my taunters, so it usually gives me a turn to do anything i want while having a sizable full health taunt holding the fort

Shradow, don't kill me, but I was forced to DE my Golden Jaraxxus ;_;

OBLIVION!!

But yeah, Northshire Cleric is fine.

EDIT: So I've got a new Druid draft in arena, and I did something very mean to my first opponent, another Druid. I bring out an Ironbark Protector at turn 8, forcing him to clear his board to get rid of it, and by this point his hand isn't looking to good either. So then I play Molten Giant (1 mana by this point) and put a Mark of Nature to turn it into an 8/12 taunt which seals his fate. It was pretty great. :3

YCM username: D.A. (The rest is just filler)

Hearthstone username (include the f***ing numbers please)SightlessR#1564

Region: US

Anyways, got to re-install it. Was running mage mostly although I had most of the others unlocked save two or three. Only have 1 legendary atm which happens to be Sylvanas Windrunner which makes me pretty happy.

Here's a funny story, I was playing against a Hunter right. So I'v got Sylvanas & I think another creature on board (don't remember exactly). He's got that 2/7 vannila or whatever & play Hunters Mark on Sylvanas and after a bit ends. I'm like ?.? whats the point of doing that cause I'll just do this. Hit him in the face with Slyvanas & ping it thus taking his 2/7 and proceed to land slide the rest of the game.

Oh, & I flippin hate the AI Rogie....just couldn't beat her with my mage. Ended up having to crush her with priest. Bleh

Had a nice game agianst a warrior today. He was new like myself, I know that because he was using all of his weapons to hit me in the face rather then save them for bourd control. Course I wasn't putting any bourd presense much. Was running my mage by the way & going for late game & board control. He got me down to five but as low as that is he burned himself out which is exactly what I was waiting for. Funnily enough getting my Mirror Entities late is what sealed his fate. XD

I've made a second account as both a backup and to see how far I can go with Arena given all the gold (and the free Arena run) you can get with a fresh account. It's Ragaror#1498.

EDIT: Went 8-3 using the free Arena run, and I've currently got 400 gold with a couple hundred more from easy beginning quests.

Went 1 - 3 with Mage and 0 - 3 with Warlock after two completely abysmal drafts....EXCEPT both times I drafted a Legendary. Figures. The only 2 times i've drafted Legendaries, all 29 other picks were garbage. Mage got Hogger and Warlock got Gruul btw.

Yeah, i'm done with Arena for a good while. Really tired of these garbage drafts every single time.

Ended up going 3 - 3 with that mage. Need to save up now.

Went 1 - 3 with Mage and 0 - 3 with Warlock after two completely abysmal drafts....EXCEPT both times I drafted a Legendary. Figures. The only 2 times i've drafted Legendaries, all 29 other picks were garbage. Mage got Hogger and Warlock got Gruul btw.

Yeah, i'm done with Arena for a good while. Really tired of these garbage drafts every single time.

That sucks. :\

I think it's just you bro. 

A common mistake I see people make is that they automatically grab cards they deem as "good", and basically whatever class card they find, because, you know, class cards.

Grab the fucking value, Yeti, Harvest Golem, Shield Master, shit that you absolutely know will trade for more than one card.

I've seen so many people grab shit like gimmicky class cards.

Also, stabilize your mana curve, getting sufficient 2-4 drops is imperative to the flow of the game, it doesn't matter how good your late game is if you can't even get to it.

Archived