• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sawatari is still a cool character, yet he was too haughty and arrogant that he let Yuya win back his cards and get his ass beaten. Giving Yuya "horrible cards", negating his Pendulum Monsters for Cricket Close, and not setting the f******g Breakthrough Skill which would have saved his butt. Nevertheless I'm sure that is not the end of him. But from the looks of it, Sora somehow ninja'd all of them as if they were all just minor characters. His expression towards Yuya's comeback was priceless.

Yuya however, was pretty great in this episode. It's one of his best times showing the poise of an entertainment duelist, saving his friends and showing a skillful display of turning the tables I do admit. I never expected Kaledio Scorpion and Tiptoad to appear but apparently that is never explained how it happened. Alongside Sawatari's loss...can you lend a little more explaining Konami? It would be more clear at this point to summarize Pendulum Summons. But is a duel against a creepy Leo/Rua Arc-V version worth being 2 parts?

Anyways it was a great episode.

...I kinda wanted that Mega Ring in the first ad also..... .-.

Just saw the latest episode.
Pretty sure the reason why Dart-guy lost was because it was a weird in-joke on how 1 card making all the difference.
I mean typically the main character of any Yugioh anime lives off this, in the sense that they always play EVERYTHING, where as villains don't, unless they go for a big-ish push.
So consider Dart-Guy got to be Yuya for a minute for Pendulum Summon, it was a little strange having a slight reversal of roles.
But, you know, Yuya got his cards back and the rest was history.
'Course, I'm not saying this EXACTLY the reason why Dart-Guy didn't set Breakthrough, but, you know, I just get the feeling they wanted to play it out like that.

Either way, I loved seeing the Dart Shooters in action.

Just seen the ep subbed (Gogoanime for those who have only seen it raw)

After all the debate about what the Darts cards would do, they were pretty bad and would need a major buff pre-Next Challenger release (they will be [released]). Cricket Close was also cack, I was expecting Yuya to negate the Magicians somehow himself, but getting lucky breaks and making the most of them seems to be a recurring hero theme, as does egomania given the effects that were negated (that would have stopped Draw Muscle being activated etc).

Basically, along with the whole Breakthrough Skill thing, every subtle hint possible was given to suggest to the observant among us that Satawari lost mainly because of his ego more than Yuya brillance (although he was pretty brillant tbf). This hints he will learn and return for payback, despite ninja Sora pawning him and his goons at the end.

Only thing I was slightly miffed at was lack of clear storyline explaination how Fliptoad and Kaleido Scorpion became pendulum cards, unless it happened in the cinematic draw pre-Block Spider draw. Just from a storyline aspect. Wonder if we'll ever see that card again.

Anyway, was enjoyable, all I ask.

Just seen the ep subbed (Gogoanime for those who have only seen it raw)

After all the debate about what the Darts cards would do, they were pretty bad and would need a major buff pre-Next Challenger release (they will be [released]). Cricket Close was also cack, I was expecting Yuya to negate the Magicians somehow himself, but getting lucky breaks and making the most of them seems to be a recurring hero theme, as does egomania given the effects that were negated (that would have stopped Draw Muscle being activated etc).

Basically, along with the whole Breakthrough Skill thing, every subtle hint possible was given to suggest to the observant among us that Satawari lost mainly because of his ego more than Yuya brillance (although he was pretty brillant tbf). This hints he will learn and return for payback, despite ninja Sora pawning him and his goons at the end.

Only thing I was slightly miffed at was lack of clear storyline explaination how Fliptoad and Kaleido Scorpion became pendulum cards, unless it happened in the cinematic draw pre-Block Spider draw. Just from a storyline aspect. Wonder if we'll ever see that card again.

Anyway, was enjoyable, all I ask.

Well we saw Baby Tragon again........Once...... Maybe we'll see it again.

Wow, I'm actually really enjoying this.

I really like that Yuya's cowardly. The fact he gets daunted, while he gets carried away, really make him more... human. More likable.

Still not fond of Odd-Eyes as a boss, but the whole Kaleidoshow made me appreciate it more.

I do like that Shingo lost due to arrogance. If they hadn't played up how arrogant he was,the Breakthrough Skill misplay would be horrendous writing... but, they purposely chose BTS in order to showcase his arrogance costing him for sure.

I assumed a lot of cards turned Pendulum at once. I don't think they just became them, but if they did, I assume the cinematic draw that was mentioned did it to his whole deck.

I also love the OST. I don't think I'd sit and listen, but it is really good atmosphere music.

sora's an evil little fuck i swear he is there is no way he isn't

Anyways, I agree that the characters, and their cards, are pretty awesome.

Yuya's Entermates are a welcome departure from the Syllables, and their diversity of Types, Attributes, and themes is welcome. Plus, it's nice to have an archetype going back to basics with a relatively simplistic stat-manipulation theme.

Yuzu's Fantasia archetype is a good foil to Yuya's more wild deck (I see Tag Duels in their future), as it has a very clear strategy, and can hit hard when it needs to.

And Shingo is shaping up to be a good Dragon to Hipster Kaiba Reiji Akaba. His clear arrogance and desire to collect rare cards combines the best of previous Yu-Gi-Oh! rivals into a guy you love to hate.

The plot, on the other hand, does need to get moving. We get LEO is doing shady things, but an explanation as to what the Pendulum Monsters are will be quite welcome.

In a world where Pegasus and Kaiba Corp are not the around, and Leo Corporation is the biggest thing in town, it wouldn't surprise me to hear they are preparing to develop them. I actually expected Pendulum Monsters other than the Magicians to appear more manually. Like, after the uproar of Strong's duel, companies and schools start getting in motion to produce the new mechanic to the general public, or something along those lines.

Instead we get more magic necklace shenanigans. I'll go along with the ride and see where this path takes the show.

Also, this episode revealed more info about Pendulums to in-universe characters. It feels weird that Reiji would sound like he "guessed it" that Pendulums on Scale Zones are Spells. I would guess Reiji is just interested in the show for the sake of extracting all rules and applications of the mechanic. Yuya was essentially a guinea pig here.

This all at least hints at more people getting more interested in Pendulums, while Yuya just realized he's not special enough to be the only one to be able to Pendulum Summoned, as long as the right procedures are followed. Foreshadowing non-Yuya's Pendulums in the future.

Instead we get more magic necklace shenanigans.

______

I said it once, and I'll say it again; we'll likely see a Zexal/Arc-V crossover movie in the future. The similarities between both series main characters and their squeezes is likely to make them interact better. The similar character designs and consistently loud, annoying background music make for consistency so too different styles don't clash like how the 5D's movie had three clashing styles of music.

______

I said it once, and I'll say it again; we'll likely see a Zexal/Arc-V crossover movie in the future. The similarities between both series main characters and their squeezes is likely to make them interact better. The similar character designs and consistently loud, annoying background music make for consistency so too different styles don't clash like how the 5D's movie had three clashing styles of music.

Are you even watching, or are you just talking out of your ass? Because all I see is nitpicking, and it's not even accurate.

Yuya's already been characterized far more than yuma was early. Hell, he has more character than Yuma ever really had. He's not a failure, but he's no genius. He's given to losing his way when things get daunting. He wants to make a show for everyone around him, to bring both himself and them joy. He's someone both always in his head, yet always out trying to create joy. It's a solid basis, a lot better than Yuma had 99% of zexal, and he doesn't really seem like Yuma.

Don't really see how Kotori and Yuzu are similar, other than being somewhat annoying love interests that don't do anyt- ooooooooooh.... Well, hopefully it's just early story s*** for Yuzu, though I doubt it. she's violent, at least? though that just makes her worse

The bg music is the perfect volume. It creates a scenario without overtaking it. It's just enough to assert itself as music without drowning out everyone else.

I'm not going to say "zomg this is amazing", considering the first two episodes were mediocre at best, but you definitely seem to just refuse to see anything positive.

Are you even watching, or are you just talking out of your ass? Because all I see is nitpicking, and it's not even accurate.

Yuya's already been characterized far more than yuma was early. Hell, he has more character than Yuma ever really had. He's not a failure, but he's no genius. He's given to losing his way when things get daunting. He wants to make a show for everyone around him, to bring both himself and them joy. He's someone both always in his head, yet always out trying to create joy. It's a solid basis, a lot better than Yuma had 99% of zexal, and he doesn't really seem like Yuma.

Don't really see how Kotori and Yuzu are similar, other than being somewhat annoying love interests that don't do anyt- ooooooooooh.... Well, hopefully it's just early story s*** for Yuzu, though I doubt it. she's violent, at least? though that just makes her worse

The bg music is the perfect volume. It creates a scenario without overtaking it. It's just enough to assert itself as music without drowning out everyone else.

I'm not going to say "zomg this is amazing", considering the first two episodes were mediocre at best, but you definitely seem to just refuse to see anything positive.

_________

I think you misunderstood my post...or I worded it poorly.

When I bring up similarities between Yuma and Yuya, I'm referring to how light-hearted and goofy they are on the surface, which, in a potential crossover movie I keep saying we might see eventually, would make it easier for the story to have the characters work together, do the general camaraderie stuff done in crossovers, then beat bad guy x while they bounce off each other. I'm not comparing their dueling skills or in-depth personalities; I'm comparing them in general.

I really can't stand Arc-V background music so far. Three years later, I'm still baffled how Yugioh went from that original series' cheesy pop and mystical dramatics to GX's diverse collection of metal and goofy video game-esque to 5D's blood-pumping machismo to Zexal's...dramatic...noise to Arc-V's...Zexal-esque?

The music for the past three years has been very underwhelming, made worse by how generic most of the duel tracks sound in-show. Sure, the action music creates energy...dull energy, which I think is actually an innovation. The dueling music in Zexal and Arc-V now make a single turn feel like 20 minutes have flown by, but there's still somehow 15 minutes left.

To make it more simple and clear, I think you mean the animation style and nothing more.

I have seen a few people say they "look" similar in that aspect in the past. They do share a similar river, and other details.

Aesthetically speaking only and nothing more of course.

I think Arc V has better execution than ZeXal so far, as much as ZeXal had potential, they were good at wasting it both story-wise and card game-wise. Arc V has it's share of flaws so it's not a masterpiece, but it looks like it's gonna be better put together overall regardless.

I WANT to think Yuzu will be a more meaningful addition to the series, but her first participation as a hostage is not helping the cause at all. I'm already getting a little bit disappointed there, and I would have rather her not be there unless they plan to make something with her character after this experience. Though it's new that a Yugioh main character would shout the name of the female lead first.

Yuma would have been "EVERYONE!!!" or just glanced at them and focus on the duel, making it yet more stupid that he'd scream "SHINGETSU!!!" at the top of his lungs when friends that have been with him longer and arguably in a less forced way got pretty much taken and sedated in front of him, would not make him scream any of their individual names.

So Yuya screaming Yuzu is technically an advance.... (at least it's something, right?....)

To make it more simple and clear, I think you mean the animation style and nothing more.

I have seen a few people say they "look" similar in that aspect in the past. They do share a similar river, and other details.

Aesthetically speaking only and nothing more of course.

I think Arc V has better execution than ZeXal so far, as much as ZeXal had potential, they were good at wasting it both story-wise and card game-wise. Arc V has it's share of flaws so it's not a masterpiece, but it looks like it's gonna be better put together overall regardless.

I WANT to think Yuzu will be a more meaningful addition to the series, but her first participation as a hostage is not helping the cause at all. I'm already getting a little bit disappointed there, and I would have rather her not be there unless they plan to make something with her character after this experience. Though it's new that a Yugioh main character would shout the name of the female lead first.

Yuma would have been "EVERYONE!!!" or just glanced at them and focus on the duel, making it yet more stupid that he'd scream "SHINGETSU!!!" at the top of his lungs when friends that have been with him longer and arguably in a less forced way got pretty much taken and sedated in front of him, would not make him scream any of their individual names.

So Yuya screaming Yuzu is technically an advance.... (at least it's something, right?....)

I suppose it is. Besides, Yuzu has done something no other female lead has ever done. Defeat the main character.  Even Alexis/Asuka and Aki never did that.

I suppose it is. Besides, Yuzu has done something no other female lead has ever done. Defeat the main character.  Even Alexis/Asuka and Aki never did that.

During a duel they were pretty much planning for Yuya to win, in which Yuya screw things up due to not knowing well the mechanic he was trying to highlight in the demo. In a regular duel, he had Whip Viper in hand and could have pretty much won any battle with it if it's effect is the same as the IRL version. If that's so, Yuzu would not be able to bring out Mozart next turn with what she had.

So I know there's hype at the fact Yuzu technically beat him, but I don't consider that an actual merit of hers as a character. 

During a duel they were pretty much planning for Yuya to win, in which Yuya screw things up due to not knowing well the mechanic he was trying to highlight in the demo. In a regular duel, he had Whip Viper in hand and could have pretty much won any battle with it if it's effect is the same as the IRL version. If that's so, Yuzu would not be able to bring out Mozart next turn with what she had.

So I know there's hype at the fact Yuzu technically beat him, but I don't consider that an actual merit of hers as a character. 

We don't know what else she had in her hand. Maybe she had a countermeasure or something in these lines.

Besides, progress takes a while to happen most of the time, especially in such a sexist franchise as Yu-Gi-Oh!

And while she was indeed taken as a hostage, note that they needed two guys considerably bigger than her just to immobilize her. And she's much more petite than any of main girls until ZeXal. Let that sink for a moment.

We don't know what else she had in her hand. Maybe she had a countermeasure or something in these lines.

Besides, progress takes a while to happen most of the time, especially in such a sexist franchise as Yu-Gi-Oh!

And while she was indeed taken as a hostage, note that they needed two guys considerably bigger than her just to immobilize her. And she's much more petite than any of main girls until ZeXal. Let that sink for a moment.

She might have had something, she might have not. The point is, that duel was pretty much a show for the little ones. None of them were really serious. Until Yuya told her he had a plan and she went for an OTK move. It was Yuya screwing up that made her win. Also, since she was acting a bad guy and Yuya was acting hero, there is a chance that she was meant to lose from the moment they started the duel.

I've never seen that during those typical Sentai shows with cheap disguises for crowds of little kids gathering at some mall have the one-shot monster win. It was something like that.Pretty much the goal was to showcase the Pendulum Summoning as a final shot and a cool incentive to join that duel school. 

I don't personally see the "OMG she beat the main character!" hype. If that's the only setting she'll be playing at and the only way she'll be beating Yuya in the future, that's not really much better than what the franchise has done in the past.

Which I'm not saying I disliked the episode. So far I've pretty much overall liked all of them, but I still take note of things like that.

EDIT:

As for the hostage bit, it did cross my mind, but as said somewhere above, it would have helped if she had been shown to try to fight back there, even if they wanted to jump right into the duel.

I'm actually enjoying Yuya as a main character right now. Since hes a little bit serious, and yet still wants to put on a show. When he has the winning move, he has the ability to be cocky. I like that.

Archived