• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not much, though, since Yuya could feasibly end the duel in 1 turn, depending on what that Trap does.

Ending the duel in 1 turn does seem likely given that Whip Viper will switch the battleguard King's ATK/DEF and Pendulum Dragon will double the battle damage Strong takes, though like you said it depends on what the trap does. (If it targets, he'll be out of luck due to Chronomancy's Pendulum eff). Although I wanted to poke fun at that *blergh*... theory

Ending the duel in 1 turn does seem likely given that Whip Viper will switch the battleguard King's ATK/DEF and Pendulum Dragon will double the battle damage Strong takes, though like you said it depends on what the trap does. (If it targets, he'll be out of luck due to Chronomancy's Pendulum eff). Although I wanted to poke fun at that *blergh*... theory

Chronomancy's effect is not anti-target, it's a Mirage Dragon/Ancient Gear Golem clause.

Since Astromancy covers the Spells too, the card would have to be a Waboku or a Life gaining one to be used outside of the attack.

Oh nice! We know the snake's effect now....

So Whip Viper will switch it and have it become 1100, while Sword Fish will lower it to 500, or maybe it'll stack with the second effect and bring it down to 0.

7300 is the total battle damage it'll produce, taking Odd-Eyes' effect into account. 3650 if he has some "halve damage Waboku-like" card, which seems to happen once in a while since the last few years. I think something like that will happen, and some Action Card will help take care of the rest.

I find it amusing that Yuya is the first protagonist to use a first-person pronoun other than "Ore" - save for Little Yugi, who used "Boku" - refering to himself with the not-masculine-at-all "Watashi" while on the stage. Though he switches to "Ore" when he get dangerous XD

I was talkin' bout its anime eff brah.

Oww... they have different effects?

Did not expect that right off the bat for such key MC cards... then again, the Hippo also is different.

Ok then.... my bad.

I find it amusing that Yuya is the first protagonist to use a first-person pronoun other than "Ore" - save for Little Yugi, who used "Boku" - refering to himself with the not-masculine-at-all "Watashi" while on the stage. Though he switches to "Ore" when he get dangerous XD

Btw, I'm probably gonna write it wrong but, what does "Ore samano tan(turn)" exactly stands for? Bakura used it during the Battle City finals duel.

I had heard "Ore no" and "Watashi no", the latter being the most basic.

Oww... they have different effects?

Did not expect that right off the bat for such key MC cards... then again, the Hippo also is different.

Ok then.... my bad.

That's understandable, I should've specified in my earlier post that I was talking 'bout the anime effect rather than the IRL, hence the confusion.

Guys. 0:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baX0DySB8tQ
Strong's 'dodge' card is stopped, likely by Space-guy. So if this is the case, it makes him flying off into the distance at the end all the more certain, given the fact that Time-guy keeps his anti-trap effect going as well, and in turn, lets Yuya utterly destroy this guy; No strings attached(Aside from plot devices; EX, showing mechanics)
Come to think of it... Compare Yuya's first game to the previous 4:
Yugi "magically" drew Exodia's head; Cop-out.
Jaden survives the game because Anime Winged Kuriboh; Cop-out.
Yusei although having Anime Junk Warrior, still would have won even if the duel lasted another turn, due to Trudge having nothing left from Montage; Legit win, although gimmicky because Equip Shot.
Yuma only won because Astral saved him; Cop-out.
Yuya straight up swarmed this guy for game; It's semi-realistic, which is a first.

I really do feel like Arc-V is a mix of GX and Zexal, which I wouldn't complain. (Zexal was my favorite Yugioh series.)

I hope there's a main character in Arc-V who uses Shadolls, that would make my day. :D

That would be cool, but likely those watching the show would never have had a proper background on Duel Terminal archetypes wouldn't get it and the effects would be a tad elaborate. But generally we should see returns of Fusions/Synchros/Xyzs.

So... That this guy's name is Shingo Sawatari:
Shingo.jpg
Is it just me, or does this guy wear a modified Academy Blazer? O,o

Pff, it's just to showcase it, since this series is tied to it.

The academy uniforms do seem linked to Duel Academy's. But it looks like a lot of these people don't even bother zipping them up except Noboru. Is he supposed to rival Yuya side-by-side?

Pff, it's just to showcase it, since this series is tied to it.

Yeah. I am pretty sure pendulum summoning was already a thing, it is just that his cards turned into new Pendulum Monsters. Also, may I say this is the least-explained power-reveal ever? Yugi had a millennium item, so that is totally fair, Jaden didn't even cheat (had to double check this, it seemed so extraordinary), Yusei exploited the way the duel worked, and used no super-powers until later, Yuma had the Emperor's key and Astral therein. As far as has been shown, there isn't actually anything special about this pendulum of Yuya's. 

I think Shingo might be a sort of antagonist during a short while as the story moves around inside of Yuya's school. THEN we'll go back to the issues that make Reiji stop being just an observer and actually coming into the picture. It is obvious that Reiji is stronger than, well, Strong... but he's somehow not the face champion for some reason. We'll see where that goes. By that time, I'd assume Shingo would turn into the Joey of the series.

Then again, Yugioh only really keeps 3 guys on the top at a time for the most part, and odds are that Yusu would fall back if Shingo is that sort of roll. Not that she's done anything so far anyways, but come on, not another cheerleader.... =(

Archived