• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got around to watching the latest episode.

Guys...
75153ArcVGuy2.jpg
I want to believe...

Like, I can't get it out of my head. This guy has to be a an expy of 4. His personality, outfit, hair, style of gameplay... It all reminds me of 4. Hell, he even makes his own slasher smiles.
There is just no way this guy is this similar to 4. No way. He has to be an expy.

Guys...
75153ArcVGuy2.jpg
I want to believe...

Like, I can't get it out of my head. This guy has to be a an expy of 4. His personality, outfit, hair, style of gameplay... It all reminds me of 4. Hell, he even makes his own slasher smiles.
There is just no way this guy is this similar to 4. No way. He has to be an expy.

Glad to see your avatar is back to normal ^^

OT: I think that for the most part Yugioh tries to copy it's previous series's features because they wanna repeat and improve what was already popular. 4 was very entertaining to see, until his conclusive duel with Shark at the Duel Carnival when he suddenly was a nice guy..... They learned from that and made Vector not to down that route near his final acts in the show. Let's see what happens with Shingo now.

For the most part, I like the return of "I don't care about playing you first for this" (yes they are playing anyways, but it didn't happen first). It's a small doze of reality back into the always twisting Yugioh universe.

For the voice of Yuzu, anyone is better than Eileen Stevens. She just made Kotori so bland.

Plus, That's an improvement. In the anime, there were no reflective card pics or holos.

Meaning: all rare cards beyond Super Rare have a foil image. Throughout the anime starting with season 1 episode one of the original, card rarity was determined by how many were made, not by a mere foil pic.

Four Blue-Eyes White Dragons were made, Pegasus has the only copy of Toon World, only one of each of the Egyptian God cards were made, everyone has Gokibore.

Now in Arc-V, they have that as shown when Jerkman holds a Gimmick Puppet Dreary Doll in his hand and it's card pic and text is foil.

For the voice of Yuzu, anyone is better than Eileen Stevens. She just made Kotori so bland.

[snark] Dear Eileen Stevens, voice Yuzu to p*** Astro Dude off.

Guys...
75153ArcVGuy2.jpg
I want to believe...

Not gonna lie, I also got a IV-esque vibe coming from that guy.

Somewhere in the Yugioh multiverse, there exists a continuity where people treat the game as a hobby and not a way of life learned in school.

And, two of those guys in 3Chars post look like Sealmaster Meisei and Zanki.

_____

Kotori was already bland to begin with. She only reasons to exist are to be the female lead, Yuma's love interest, and as an object for the sickos to March Towards Ragnarok.

Some animes get subs within a few hours, others get it the following day, but when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh dudes be waitin 3-5 business days...

Seems like we're experiencing the latter... Looks like this will be the first anime I watch completely raw...

Subbing aside, I like this anime so far. I'm curious to see how Pendulums will make their way into the hands of others. Episode 2 left me a little bitter, seeing as how people can just throw "Cheater" around just because they don't understand something(though those were just snotty kids).

Atleast now we've confirmed Synchros and Xyz exist in this timeline. You can see them in the background in some of the advertisements(maybe in the intro and endings, but I don't pay much attention to those) around town and such. Also the Leo School has a Synchro and Xyz Curriculum? Interesting xD Hopefully we'll see a little bit of everything in this series.

What I'm interested about is that they seemingly showed some sort of group of duelists, possible future enemy group?
[spoiler=pic]

2qsnsjr.jpg[/spoiler]

If they are villains, they weren't what I was expecting, but given this is Arc V, I shouldn't be too surprised.

Also, the guy on the bottom right kinda looks like Jim Cook from GX.

If he does, then it's just more proof that Arc-V is just a Yugioh version of Gundam Build Fighters.

Considering a character named Reiji in the show, how they go by stages to fight on and now control mass in some way, it wouldn't surprise me that Konami employees were watching Gundam. 

So the other day I was bored/had nothing else to do/needed some motivation. So I bit the bullet and watched episode 2.

... well I wasn't expecting that. I quite liked it.

Yuya's character really came across well here for me. So did Yuzu. The whole crowd reaction to the 'oh you cheated thing' and Yuya's reaction to that was good. It all seemed, I dunno, really quite natural and human how everything happened. Watched ep 3 as well and was a bit miffed Yuya ended ep 2 with 'I must go on my long and difficult quest to discover how to master this Pendulum summoning...' ep 3 starts 'Oh no, got it' but the plot moved along nicely and introduced new people and yeah, pretty happy with it. I didn't get into ep1 at all or Yuya's character at first or see what everyone else did, but I'm starting to get it now.

Also, question that randomly floated into my head the other day and may already have been discussed here:

"Is Yuzu's victory over Yuyu the first time in the entire history of the anime that the lead female has defeated the main protagonist?"

Obviously Kotori only duelled once, and no-one ever beat Yusei. Did Alexis ever beat Jaden at all? :huh:

Also, question that randomly floated into my head the other day and may already have been discussed here:

"Is Yuzu's victory over Yuyu the first time in the entire history of the anime that the lead female has defeated the main protagonist?"

Obviously Kotori only duelled once, and no-one ever beat Yusei. Did Alexis ever beat Jaden at all? :huh:

Alexis never beat Jaden, so yeah this is the first time that the female lead beat the main protagonist.

Archived