Look at Thousand-Eyes Restrict. It requires specific materials, and it's on the banlist. It's OP, because it's a stronger version of Truckroid.

You're a moron. If you know nothing about why restrict is on the list, keep your mouth shut and don't spew stupid comments.

Sawatari (or someone...) has Xyz in episode 7. It's all on YGOrg .-.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at Thousand-Eyes Restrict. It requires specific materials, and it's on the banlist. It's OP, because it's a stronger version of Truckroid.

Truckroid is never gonna be broken. It requires another combo piece to either up it's ATK or decrease the opponent's, and needs to involve itself in a battle to do it's effect. It never has been broken either.

Thousand-Eyes Restrict is on the banlist because of many things. For starters, it can be brought out via Instant Fusion and come back with cards like Kynka-Byo and Call of the Haunted/Limit Reverse afterwards (Magical Exemplar can revive it every turn with ease). Every moment it is on the field other monsters cannot attack or switch positions, so your opponent cannot get rid of it via battle and FLIPs aren't likely to happen either. Thousand Eyes might not have base ATK and might have a max 1 limit, but it doesn't require you to jump through hoops to absorb something, and you can always take advantage of other effects to get rid of the equipped monster to grab another one. 

The Bear-Scissor Fusion is too high of a Level to get a currently legal and worthwhile shortcut to Summon it. You are stuck with Polymerization or Hex-Sealed monsters, and it's ATK is a bit too low for many standard beatsticks. Beast Decks could help it out with cards like Sea Koala and whatnot, but it's still not broken. Even if it's Materials are consistency toys for Fusion decks, they don't save you from the loss in numbers (card advantage).

Even if Metamorphosis were to come back in the list, it'd still not be broken.

But isn't the next episode Episode 6 where it's the conclusion of Sora vs Yuya? And frankly You gotta source your stuff man; The mention of Xyzs just seems a bit exciting for me to imagine, especially with Sawatari since its possible.

But this episode has been quite amusing indeed. Though, they are already gullible enough to trust a stalker fanboy and creepier version of Leo when before they got tricked into having Yuya's cards stolen and being in danger. And somehow he knocked them out unconscious with a lollipop stick. Totally trustworthy after past lessons.

The Fusion Summon sequence was awesome; I didn't remember what it was like during GX but this is the kind of thing they deserve, and Sora showed off the flair of it well. Overall I myself, am being entertained in this entertainment duel.

I meant episode 7, my bad. xD

But isn't the next episode Episode 6 where it's the conclusion of Sora vs Yuya? And frankly You gotta source your stuff man; The mention of Xyzs just seems a bit exciting for me to imagine, especially with Sawatari since its possible.

But this episode has been quite amusing indeed. Though, they are already gullible enough to trust a stalker fanboy and creepier version of Leo when before they got tricked into having Yuya's cards stolen and being in danger. And somehow he knocked them out unconscious with a lollipop stick. Totally trustworthy after past lessons.

The Fusion Summon sequence was awesome; I didn't remember what it was like during GX but this is the kind of thing they deserve, and Sora showed off the flair of it well. Overall I myself, am being entertained in this entertainment duel.

The gullibility of the main character's group always expected in any anime, but I can't help on saying "WHY U NO DOUBT?!"

Anyways, agreeing with you, the action duel was entertaining. I wonder what Yuya would do next, since it is given that Des Toy Scissor Bear would be stronger than Odd-Eyes at one point.

Just thought about this: This duel Sora has just been fan-service. The way he is playing he is being given a lot of room to improve in the way of actually being able to grab Action cards. At the same time, they used this chance to make him discard and show the audience those Fusion-related cards, just as some sort of eye candy. He ideally should have been eagerly looking for Action cards as at least discard fodder for his Spell Card.

...NOONE summoned TER using its fusion materials though. You're a moron for even using TER as an excuse for thinking Destroy Scissors Bear is OP.

Thousand-Eyes Restrict is on the banlist because of many things. For starters, it can be brought out via Instant Fusion and come back with cards like Kynka-Byo and Call of the Haunted/Limit Reverse afterwards (Magical Exemplar can revive it every turn with ease). Every moment it is on the field other monsters cannot attack or switch positions, so your opponent cannot get rid of it via battle and FLIPs aren't likely to happen either. Thousand Eyes might not have base ATK and might have a max 1 limit, but it doesn't require you to jump through hoops to absorb something, and you can always take advantage of other effects to get rid of the equipped monster to grab another one.

Let's not forget Metamorphosis.

...NOONE summoned TER using its fusion materials though. You're a moron for even using TER as an excuse for thinking Destroy Scissors Bear is OP.

Let's not forget Metamorphosis.

And also, Truckroid's effect is not once per turn, and so it could be equipped with something like Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce to make off with multiple monsters at the same time. Something that you can't do with Des Toy Scissor Bear.

....Mein Gott. What the f*** happened in this thread.

Also. Sora is one creepy bastard, I swear.

Yeah, very creepy, and since I expect him to tag along with Yuya for a long period of time (considering the ending), that would make him a lot creepier if he turns out to be an enemy.

What I mean is this:

Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle andsends it to the Graveyard: You can equip the destroyed monster to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of the monsters equipped to it by this effect.

And with an ATK of 2200 it'll gooble up any monster weaker than it and add it's strength to it's own.

For example, this thing was going up against a Dark Elf. It destroys it, and it's attack is shot up to 4200. Does so again with a Photon Thrasher, 6300, BEUD, 10800. This thing would be so powerful NO monster would stand up to it.

What I mean is this:

Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle andsends it to the Graveyard: You can equip the destroyed monster to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of the monsters equipped to it by this effect.

And with an ATK of 2200 it'll gooble up any monster weaker than it and add it's strength to it's own.

For example, this thing was going up against a Dark Elf. It destroys it, and it's attack is shot up to 4200. Does so again with a Photon Thrasher, 6300, BEUD, 10800. This thing would be so powerful NO monster would stand up to it.

It's not like cards like Torrential, Dimensional Prison, Compuls etc. exist or anything.

even not considering those removal cards, Yuya still has some legit card called Entermate Whip Viper

What I mean is this:

This card didn't seem to have list attention as far as I saw, and it sure is easier to bring out than the Fusion.

300px-HeroicChallengerWarHammer-REDU-EN-

I acknowledge that the protag usually opens with the same monster over and over for the first arc, but the Hippo is getting old, and it should really have a better effect that actually supports its archetype, preferably an Emmersblade.

Minor complaint aside, the duel so far is pretty fun, even though I had no idea what Not-Takuto's Pokeball shooter whazzit did or what the heck was going on at all.

What I mean is this:

When you bring up bad cards that no one plays as examples, it makes the card look less offensive.

Full Salvo should be banned because it helps Flash Assailant and Blade Knight become 2000 bodies, helps Cybernetic Cyclopean become a 2400 body, and helps Cyber Archfiend's draw effect go off.

I'd say that from the perspective of someone that watches this but doesn't play the game competitively, it's not too far-fetched to think the way he does.

The show is meant to give us things that look overpowered but are actually fair, and it is doing well from the looks of it. A more experienced player already knows what's good and what doesn't make the cut, while the not-so-experienced people are still experimenting with combos in their head, even if the more knowledgeable players are twisting from their insides at hearing those ideas.

Just thinking to myself.

But it has to be said... I laughed on the inside when I heard something about list-placement and that Fusion. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited to see if a Poly replacement would appear and if the Materials could make this insane. Neither did it so this card is not a threat at all.

Minor complaint aside, the duel so far is pretty fun, even though I had no idea what Not-Takuto's Pokeball shooter whazzit did or what the heck was going on at all.

It's called a gachapon. In real life gachapon dispenses toys when money is inserted on a slot in the machine, and so the card and its effect is apt. And it also fits with Sora's use of Furnimals and Toys.

The last page and a half of this thread has been just as amusing as the duel.

Also thank you Hyuuga for the explanation of Sora's toy pot. I always like when YGO makes references based on stuff.

Just watched the ep subbed on gogoanime guys.

Thoughts:

Episode was silly and fun, but that's a good thing. I enjoyed it.

For a moment when Yuya pinched that Nanana card I thought Yuzu and her dad were going to insist that was unfair and make him give it back to Sora (was quite a nice touch to have him and his cute little monster making a tower - that bear at the bottom :D). Would have added to the whole thing and made a potential Yuya loss less legitimate like Yuzu's. Speaking of Nanana; was it just me, or did Yuya screw up his battle phase and playing that card completely as he could have used it to power up the hippo to get over the Bear (*checks to see if missed something*) Apparently the anime version doesn't have the Level/Rank 7 restriction, and it's not as if Yuya was holding back according to the subs as that's what Yuzu's dad was on about. So... yeah...?

Fusion summoning was epic. In fact everything about Sora was pretty darn good. It's kinda cool the three Extra Deck mechanics could all be getting coverage in the show.

I... think he could win this duel. I know he probably won't, in fact he almost certainly won't. But I think that's good writing on the part of the show if they get people genuinely believing the 'baddie' will win, before the inevitable does happen as always. Be cool if he did win though.

Good ep and highly looking forward to ep 6.

Ps: Why are you all saying Sora is creepy for? I don't understand why you could all think like this. Look at him...

HE'S SO KAWAII!!!! :wub:

Archived