• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also had to go to sleep. Most people had to sleep so that's why. There is definitely no lack of interest/curiosity about it.

-I'm confused about "Action Cards". Not sure if they are a Spell Card archetype or the equivalent of Speed Spells from 5Ds.

-For once it makes sense that people train their bodies for the sake of playing this. 

-Yuya IS serious but entertainment purposes is why he makes that face or acts as a clown. I can take that.

-I was telling my brother how the monster in the preview looks like the Lava/Swamp duo, and it results that it is related, that's funny.

-I wonder if Pendulums are like his ZW. It doesn't seem to be something too widely used. That makes me wonder if he's gonna be the only person to have Pendulums for a while until maybe sometime in the future we get more of those pendants if there are any, or whatever that brought them out.

-I'm confused about "Action Cards". Not sure if they are a Spell Card archetype or the equivalent of Speed Spells from 5Ds.

-For once it makes sense that people train their bodies for the sake of playing this. 

-Yuya IS serious but entertainment purposes is why he makes that face or acts as a clown. I can take that.

-I was telling my brother how the monster in the preview looks like the Lava/Swamp duo, and it results that it is related, that's funny.

-I wonder if Pendulums are like his ZW. It doesn't seem to be something too widely used. That makes me wonder if he's gonna be the only person to have Pendulums for a while until maybe sometime in the future we get more of those pendants if there are any, or whatever that brought them out.

Yeah Action Cards are confusing, I was not notifed of this, my body was not ready. But I have to agree with you on being the equivalent of Speed Spells. I like Yuya so far, but then again I'm down with any protagonist that isn't the cowardly/whiny/crybaby type. Also I don't think Pendulums are like ZW weapons, Yuya obvious casted some spells and hexes in that last turn; A bit early for magic lol. Hopefully a one time thing just for him.

Yeah Action Cards are confusing, I was not notifed of this, my body was not ready. But I have to agree with you on being the equivalent of Speed Spells. I like Yuya so far, but then again I'm down with any protagonist that isn't the cowardly/whiny/crybaby type. Also I don't think Pendulums are like ZW weapons, Yuya obvious casted some spells and hexes in that last turn; A bit early for magic lol. Hopefully a one time thing just for him.

Or maybe Pendulums just change form every time they'll be used as non-monsters, just for the sake of visuals.

He didn't seem surprised as much as happy about drawing that, and it'd alter their effects a lot overall if they just doubled their choices out of thin air.

Though just me thinking out loud xD

It is solid vision. What all non-ZeXal series have ever used.

Except for the "with mass" part. That means they can ride on their monsters and touch and interact with anything and everything.

This makes a hit from that ogre that much more dangerous IMO.

Take into account those are still considered holograms.

That's why at the start of the episode when Yuzu broke the machine, everything in the duel went away and Yuya fell from what used to be a building hologram.

Sucks hard if the power is cut down while they are on top of a castle.... they better have safety measures there.

Oh wait.

Yuya's hand doesn't make sense.

When he drew Odd-Eyes, according to the moment I paused the video at, he had 6 cards in hand.

That'd lead me to believe 2 things:

-No draw turn 1 rule doesn't apply to anime (or that there were more turns than I noticed or that they didn't show everything that happened, which would explain why Hippo didn't need a Tribute companion for a Level 7s Summon).

-Action Cards are just things that always are available to both players from the get go in addition to their usual card resources.

It is solid vision. What all non-ZeXal series have ever used.

Except for the "with mass" part. That means they can ride on their monsters and touch and interact with anything and everything.

This makes a hit from that ogre that much more dangerous IMO.

Take into account those are still considered holograms.

That's why at the start of the episode when Yuzu broke the machine, everything in the duel went away and Yuya fell from what used to be a building hologram.

Sucks hard if the power is cut down while they are on top of a castle.... they better have safety measures there.

The Mass part could be how the Superman villain Edward Lytener also known as Luminous could use certain laser fields to make holograms solid.

...Sorry, reference. Anyway, now this is taken to a whole new dimension as the monster holograms are solid enough for the duelists to ride on.

So, geek question, you think they will make new duel disk machine.

Also, Yuzu broke the machine? Why would she do that to her childhood friend? Aren't they supposed to be friends?

Action Duels for me area little bit jumpy and spontaneous for me to grasp. Back around when you stood while dueling or at least while you were riding a motorcycle in a closed circuit, it was definitely easier to keep track of instead of people like Yuya riding around with his monsters. The Action Cards never made sense to me at first but I guess the objective is that they're hidden all over so they are treated as something like Trap-card-esque Speed Spells. It also would make sense if for example; you had to be in range of the opponent to get a direct attack. I'm just trying to picture the rules of this all since Action Duels are plainly just aesthetic and it does seem that under malfunctioning, it could be highly, highly dangerous. In all I couldn't really follow the duel.

Yuya doesn't seem so bad thus far; He just seems like a justified immature kid who cannot grasp the pressure of reality; facing his dad's rival. I don't really grasp the concept of Entertainment duelists either; do they just have a deck where they can do all sorts of stuff with their cards as entertainment?

And appearing as it is on the show...Yuya magically invented Pendulum Summons and duel disk is like, "Ok."

The openings and endings just seem very happy-go-lucky far with some innocent children and some comedy routines. I just can't really see the darkness of the antagonists; Could it be intentional that way? Anyways in all, there are a lot of things that I didn't follow with but I'm going to continue on to see how Pendulums really work out.

......And Wonder Hippo is really cute. .-.

The Mass part could be how the Superman villain Edward Lytener also known as Luminous could use certain laser fields to make holograms solid.

...Sorry, reference. Anyway, now this is taken to a whole new dimension as the monster holograms are solid enough for the duelists to ride on.

So, geek question, you think they will make new duel disk machine.

Also, Yuzu broke the machine? Why would she do that to her childhood friend? Aren't they supposed to be friends?

Ummm, I'm pretty sure they have, since now there's no need to make a solid-retractable disk and they'd use the same solid-mass program on the disks.

And I don't remember but I guess it was an accident or intentional. Either way he's a cartoon and it's all part of the comedy routine.

Found the first episode on Dailymotion.

Aside from the fact I flat-out love the intro...

[spoiler=Thoughts on it...]
The billboards showing the various monsters n' junk was rather cute
03:42- Oh hey, that's the same river-side area that Yami dueled Strings, and then Jaden dueled T-Bone, *Forgets if 5D's used that spot*, I assume Yuma walked by it a lot, etc; Interesting use of scenery, though.
That guy in the red/yellow jacket could easily be pawned off as a Gagaga monster.
Everyone's outfits are so over-the-top; This series is silly; I like.
Yuya is too chillax for this series.
That guy in the yellow/black looks suspiciously like Number 7, not just because it's striped, though.
Between Yuya and Mr.Ring Master, one could easily draw parallels of Simon and Kamina. Mostly, because they have a similar dynamic going on.
The paper fan is the best running gag.
Yuya as a clown was silly.
Ok, so, with that crazy announcer guy, this could easily be another G Gundam. Yes, this is more prominent then 5D's announcer.
I love the fact Disks now just materialize out of nowhere.
13:26- SOMEONE TRIBUTE SUMMONED DURING AN ACTUAL GAME!? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?!??!
Dodge was so pro; K, this is now the land version of Turbo Duels. Neat.
K, so the duel so far is interesting, despite being the usual anime gimmickyness.
Yuya's pendant lets him, basically, turn cards at will into Pendulum ones; OH BOY, HERE WE GO....
Episode ended on an interesting note, though.[/spoiler]

All in all, I liked it.

No, I just watched the "RAW"/JP version, without subtitles.
If I did find a subbed version, I would post it.

Point taken. 

Although, even though without sub atm, it is clear that Yuya's ace is originally a regular effect monster (including the magicians) then the pendant rewritten them and may have overwrite the duel disk's system as he play them. I don't doubt that how some Entermate monsters  will be influenced by the pendant. It would make one that Pendulum summoning mechanic doesn't "exist" in their world till now.

To summarize:

Blah blah blah sad father backstory

Blah blah blah annoying female lead who screams about everything

Blah blah blah tough guy did something bad

Blah blah blah mom says something about Yuya that's supposed to make him sound cool

Blah blah blah show's gimmick

I really don't like the Pendulum thing being exclusive to Yuya. It means that future characters will only be important if they can do it too, just like with the Numbers.

Just like Zexal, the background music sounds like loud noise competing with the dialogue.

I like the end credits music, though.

I really don't like the Pendulum thing being exclusive to Yuya-

Actually we don't know this yet.
I mean...
Arkana was another person who had Dark Magician as his waifu.
Aster stole "borrowed" Jaden's HERO fetish.
Dark Synchros were a thing in 5Ds, and eventually we got a friendly rivalry with Stardust and Red Dragon.
Barian's force lead to other people being able to Chaos Xyz Summon.
etc.

Actually we don't know this yet.
I mean...
Arkana was another person who had Dark Magician as his waifu.
Aster stole "borrowed" Jaden's HERO fetish.
Dark Synchros were a thing in 5Ds, and eventually we got a friendly rivalry with Stardust and Red Dragon.
Barian's force lead to other people being able to Chaos Xyz Summon.
etc.

____

Actually, what I meant was that it looks like Yuya, and later villains and rivals will be the only people who can Pendulum Summon, and its stupid.

____

Actually, what I meant was that it looks like Yuya, and later villains and rivals will be the only people who can Pendulum Summon, and its stupid.

Have to say, I overall liked it and will be following the series, but I have to agree on the Pendulum Summon aspect.

I would like to think that the pendant is not such an uncommon artifact.

If it is, not only does that make him another "chosen one" just like all other main characters off the bat, but it restricts the mechanic a whole lot.

One thing I'd like to see happen though, is that if they do end up restricting that mechanic to few, at least give others older mechanics to make it more like "it's my play style" than "Shining Draw!!!"

Also, Yuzu is not particularly bad or good as of yet, and I want to still give her a chance even though I fear she'll fall to a place of running gags and resorting to violence easily. Her worth will be evaluated when she gets to duel, and it better be fairly soon, otherwise she's just another kind of cheerleader.

EDIT:

And my personal favorite part of the opening, music and images (IDK, I just like Caleidoscorpion)

14cd7us.png

Archived