• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait what? where? Link?
Xyzs and Synchros in the same anime?
Tribute/Ritual/Fusion Summons being more than one-in-each-series moments and potentially recurring enough?
That'd be awesome if it was true.

I'm with Sleepy on this, needs a source.

http://www.ygorganization.com/arc-v-new-character-and-setting-info/

Yeah, I mean why make guy characters that look like girls. It's confusion, like Shiva.

Would you shut the hell up?

Your posts are annoying, unrefined, often tasteless, and add 0 content. Some people happen to like traps, plus they can make for interesting writing choices. Shocking that something outside of your taste spectrum exists, I know.

Yuzu is Yuya’s best friend since childhood, and she’s a powerful girl and a reliable person. Each Duel is its own show. Everyone, please look forward to “Arc-V”, which I’m certain will make you all smile!

Each Duel is its own show. Everyone, please look forward to “Arc-V”, which I’m certain will make you all smile!

Each Duel is its own show.

So... They cut out all the bullshit that typically goes on in duels OR everyone plays lackluster F/OTK decks.
Either way, this would be a first for a Ygo anime.

Using older forms of Summoning makes sense thinking about it again.

One of the highlight aspects of GX Duels (at least to me) was looking at older strategies on screen such as Daedalus, Amazones, Mokey Mokey, Archfiends, Zerato, etc.

Then 5Ds did use a Deck focused around Green Baboon, incredibly old vanillas, and Fusion Summon was somehow awesome.

After that we get ZeXal and the creators are trying to not get 2 world-threatening mechanics in-universe at the same time. The avoidance of Synchros stops them from being giving that kind of fan-service other than with weird joke strategies hinting at it (I'm looking at you tomato guy). It doesn't help that were such a heavy focus.

Entering Arc V, it'd be even harder to borrow from the recent if the trend follows, and ZeXal is more reliant on it's Summon mechanic than any other series before it.

Also, Xyzs didn't exactly affect the world in-universe, just Numbers, and it is probably just being separated to feed the "after GX alternate dimensions split so 5Ds and ZeXal are simultaneous and that's why ZeXal didn't have a Stardust statue in that dojo" theories. Which I'd rather have die if that means Duels this gen can be more varied.

It sounds a little too good to be honest though.

I'm thinking they refer to Ritual/Tribute/nomi/semi-nomi/Flip/Fusion kind of variety. Which I'd be pretty happy with.

As long as they aren't just 1-time reminders that they exist, only to be unused for the rest of the series. Much like Tokunosuke's Flip deck, or Kaito Ritual and Fusion Summoning one time each, and Shark Tribute Summoning for Big Jaws a couple times.

I really hope they don't just use those older Summon methods as one-time gimmicks early in the series to explain how the game works and then toss them and their duelists out to become something similar to Yuma's crowd of cheerleaders.

I figured Arc V needed to support on something else. Pendulum Summon is not exactly the "I bring out this new boss you've never seen before" mechanic. All Pendulums Yuya could bring out often will have been either Pendulum Scales or Normal Summonable prior to their "baddass Pendulum Summon bringing them out come back" moment that's ought to happen at some point. Unless Pendulum nomis are made, I just am not sure how they'd actually make stuff grow from there.

So there IS a small chance they'll recall Xyzs or Synchros, or both. I think it'd feel weird to see them not avoid those mechanics......

As for Yuzu, I'll just say I HOPE she gets to be better than Aki at the end. I liked Aki in 5Ds during the time she was actually a threat to the MC. Not so much after that despite her still dueling. To think Aki is actually the best female lead in all series of Yugioh, but I think it has rough edges to polish (*cough cough* her use in the second half altogether cough*).

The new guy is a trap.

What can it's role possibly be in the series now that he exists?
-Something similar to Yuma's crew. Useless?

-Akin to the Joey/Crow of the series? So much for Yuzu getting spotlight in duels then....

-More like Konohamaru from Naruto or Anna from ZeXal? Where they'd be "there", somewhere, but only appear at certain times. Kinda doubt it, he seems like he might be a very recurrent character.

Sora is like Cubit Foxtar and Poison. Don't get attracted to him.

I'm not replying to what you wrote in this post.

Just wanted to say it's hilarious how among the things you described what you wanted your female lead to be, the female lead did end up being pink-haired xD

ARC-V so far seems to be (even more so than the past shows) a fusion of all Yu-Gi-Ohs. At least that is how it comes off so far, and I suspect that is how it will go about business.

So, I am quite interested to see where this will lead, especially if all forms of Summoning will be used regularly.

As for Sora, he kind of gives off a Syrus vibe to me atm. However, if he isn't such a wuss, that will be fine. Sidekicks have their places too.

My overall opinion based on what is known so far is that I see more potential in this than I did at the beginning of both 5D's and especially ZEXAL, because it seems to be inspired by elements of the previous shows and is written by people who have proven themselves capable. Thank God that not every character needs a ridiculous hairstyles to begin with.

Also, since we're back at some kind of Duel Academy again...
inb4teacherwithancientgear.dek

So... They cut out all the bullshit that typically goes on in duels OR everyone plays lackluster F/OTK decks.
Either way, this would be a first for a Ygo anime.

On the contrary, I read the opposite from that.

This shit's gonna turn into WWE Ygo.

Wait a second, that sounds awesome.

Archived