I dunno why though, the thing that stood out the most for me in the first episode was the fact that Strong's boss monster had 3000 ATK, although I also rather enjoyed how an entire mechanic appeared out of thin air.

All-in-all, it was a pretty decent first episode, and I'll certainly continue watching.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just watched the ep.

And you thought Duelist Kingdom made up the rules as they went along?

The first part of the show... I think everything just happened so quickly with no intro to who anyone was or more importantly related to each other and then the promoter came in and flash backs, well it was okay, but it just all felt like we were missing an episode somewhere although I get the getting into the Action bit.

As for the duel, I don't get this Action mechanic at all. Springing cards that are just lying around the arena whenever you want seems... well, different. I guess it makes ass-pull dues-ex-machina saves in the endgame easier to swallow by doing them from minute one.

As for Yuya creating a whole mechanic no-one else has mid-duel because the power of my magic necklace (although it does link nicely to Yugi, it unfortunately links to the more recent in the memory Yuma), yeah... I don't like.

This guy from the intro scares me:
52793ArcVGuy.png
He looks like a weird 4, and the only card you can remotely see is a Level 7 EARTH monster. And judging by said 3 cards being held at once, they imply he can spam them. Add to it, the other 2 cards are implied to be Level 7 EARTHs as well.
I mean, it's not like Level 7 spamming has ever been done before, and it's TOOOOOOTAAAAALY harmless. Right?

52793ArcVGuy.png
He looks like a weird 4, and the only card you can remotely see is a Level 7 EARTH monster. And judging by said 3 cards being held at once, they imply he can spam them. Add to it, the other 2 cards are implied to be Level 7 EARTHs as well.
I mean, it's not like Level 7 spamming has ever been done before, and it's TOOOOOOTAAAAALY harmless. Right?

He's going to be totally boss and Pendulum Summon 3 Machina Fortresses using a new Pendulum Monster Called Machina Sky Ziggurat 2x

;-; it's a shame that DEF stat is in the Single digits so my theory dies

Ziggurat? Did Toyo name the card???

No.

I did. =D

I'm going to probably make it if I had any idea how Pendulum templates worked. Or templates in general.

Or I could make....a...*gasp* Written card

The one thing that is irking me is that they started to make a group of children/side characters that are just....annoying.

See every kid in the opening, all the school kids in Zexal, etc etc.

Not to be rude but that chubby kid in this opening is terrifying.

So, I can't stop listening to the end credits music.

Anyway, since Arc-V and Zexal are using the same artstyle and similar characters, I can't help but think we'll see a crossover in the future...or they saw success with Yuma and Kotori, and just tweaked them to make Yuya and Yuzu.

Yuya's easily the most likable main character we've had in my book.

Yuma was just an idiot- although, again, 4kids basically turned him into Michael Scott at certain points.

Yusei was just a cool badass-type person.

Jaden is probably the most similar to Yuya, as long as we pretend Season 4 didn't exist.

Yugi is Yugi.

In summary: Yuya is basically oddball Jaden. And he's my favorite so far. Hopefully the duels will start making more sense as time goes on.

_____

@Yusei: Until they dumbed him down to make the Meklords a threat.

@Jaden: I just noticed the similarities. Now, I'm kind of sold on Yuya.

My theory for episode 2:

Everyone is less than thrilled except the Yuzu fan club who loves Yuzu and despises her opponents so much they would lock them in a closet so she would win by default.

_____

...What?

Action Duels are basically Turbo Duels.
'Cept instead of having to dedicate deck space, you just find the cards on the fly.
Coupled with the fact Pendulum is just throw-hand-on-field-gg; Guys, Arc-V has hints of metagame flowing through it, disguised as a goofy game-show of sorts.

Also:
891OddEyesIsOdd.gif

Action Duels are basically Turbo Duels.
'Cept instead of having to dedicate deck space, you just find the cards on the fly.
Coupled with the fact Pendulum is just throw-hand-on-field-gg; Guys, Arc-V has hints of metagame flowing through it, disguised as a goofy game-show of sorts.

Also:
891OddEyesIsOdd.gif

gdi I was trying to find a way to make a gif with him

nicely done

You make a valid point. I was going to avoid Arc V but this has a lot of potential. 

OT: how you make gifs

OT: how you make gifs

Things like Photoshop, Gif Construction Set, hell, you can even google it and I'm sure you can come across a site or two that can make them for you O,o

That aside....
Anyone else notice that the protagonist of Arc-V is a total hipster?:
tumblr_n1mu8iJYj91rhr9zio2_500.jpgDustinMattson10-305x457.jpg
Yes, the image of Barista is relevant.

640px-NicoSmiley.png

that guy looks like hitler

That's what I was gonna say. Anyone wanna bet that Kmedia will digitally erase the mustache?

52793ArcVGuy.png

Why does he remind me of Atem from Season Zero?

And about my Yuzu theory, it was just a theory. Why does everyone always bite my head off?

And about my Yuzu theory, it was just a theory. Why does everyone always bite my head off?

I dunno, but that theory sounded stupid imo (Especially since like 90% of episode 2 is a continuation of the duel).

That aside....
Anyone else notice that the protagonist of Arc-V is a total hipster?:
tumblr_n1mu8iJYj91rhr9zio2_500.jpgDustinMattson10-305x457.jpg
Yes, the image of Barista is relevant.

Plot twist: Barista designed Reiji, but in all-seriousness he does look like a hipster.

Archived