• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may seem that the Pendant was randomly choosing which monsters in his hand to turn into pendulum monsters, but it also funny that he was completely new to the mechanic and suddenly know how to use it. 

I can imagine Sora being a devious villain somewhat like vector though not entirely, but there also possibility that he can be an observer assigned to Yuya, depending how he make his appearance in the show. then again he could be none of the above, and just a side character but we have to see how it goes.  

Anyone else notice that in the end credits, Sora almost always had something either in his mouth, or about to enter it? I just find it funny since you never see the little fat kid eating by comparison.

That's clearly because Yuya is the REAL smug little sh*t of this show and took all the goddam popsicles.

I'll be honest, it was better then I expected. So far I like Yuya, which is way more then I could say for Yuma at this point, and while the introduction of Pendulum Summons does leave me a little sad, I'll keep watching and hoping that it's entertaining.

I won't hold it to high standards. As long as it doesn't get as bad as the Don Thousand Duel, I'll be happy really. I just hope Yuya stays... Good. I like him so far. He's silly, but he doesn't seem DUMB like Yuma. >>

Hoping Yuzu gets to be a good character doesn't get demoted like Aki did.

I'll be honest, it was better then I expected. So far I like Yuya, which is way more then I could say for Yuma at this point, and while the introduction of Pendulum Summons does leave me a little sad, I'll keep watching and hoping that it's entertaining.

I won't hold it to high standards. As long as it doesn't get as bad as the Don Thousand Duel, I'll be happy really. I just hope Yuya stays... Good. I like him so far. He's silly, but he doesn't seem DUMB like Yuma. >>

Hoping Yuzu gets to be a good character doesn't get demoted like Aki did.

Yeah.. I've seen elsewhere people complaining about Yuya and just saying he is too immature like Yuma was, but I think there is a difference. That Crab face he makes and the clown clothes, his mother called them "making fun of himself before others could do it for him", but I'd just downright call it professionalism. If it's an amusement show and a decent amount of little kids go watch it, it would have been bad if the self-proclaimed hero of the show suddenly showed he was hurting and calling his lawyer and stuff like that, rather than the "I'm fine kids" attitude. I'm not saying Yuya's mom's explanation can't fit into it, but I think it could just be dismissed as "for the sake of the show" and I'd be fine with it.

Meanwhile, Yuma's silliness had not nearly as much justification beyond stating his character's traits, and it often was a huge problem to others. He nearly killed Astral on purpose a few times early in the series. Main example during Terabyte's duel.

Yes on the Aki comment too. Hear it anime writers? It has to be good throughout the series. Not early and then get left behind. Not late-or-never while people say "maybe she'll get to shine next season". 

I think she's supposed to duel in episode 2. That sounds good, usually the first 2 episodes of any series go hand in hand as an introduction. Maybe she'll be important xD

To be fair, I have the feeling that Yuya won't just keep that Ace like Yuma kept Hope. It just doesn't look like Pendulums have the capacity to evolve like that. Their nature looks more supportive than stellar, and Main Deck upgrades a la Metalmorphed monsters sounds weird..... or maybe they'll be like Chaos Xyzs and get an effect if Pendulum Summoned while X is on the field and such, but that'd make it harder to avoid using them independently. IDK.... If anything, I think upgrades will come in a form similar to Odd-Eyes. Normal version first, then Yuya evolved it and it seems there's no more need for regular..... That'd also be weird as heck.... I just can't imagine what they'll do here... any ideas anyone?

Yeah.. I've seen elsewhere people complaining about Yuya and just saying he is too immature like Yuma was, but I think there is a difference. That Crab face he makes and the clown clothes, his mother called them "making fun of himself before others could do it for him", but I'd just downright call it professionalism. If it's an amusement show and a decent amount of little kids go watch it, it would have been bad if the self-proclaimed hero of the show suddenly showed he was hurting and calling his lawyer and stuff like that, rather than the "I'm fine kids" attitude. I'm not saying Yuya's mom's explanation can't fit into it, but I think it could just be dismissed as "for the sake of the show" and I'd be fine with it.

Meanwhile, Yuma's silliness had not nearly as much justification beyond stating his character's traits, and it often was a huge problem to others. He nearly killed Astral on purpose a few times early in the series. Main example during Terabyte's duel.

Yes on the Aki comment too. Hear it anime writers? It has to be good throughout the series. Not early and then get left behind. Not late-or-never while people say "maybe she'll get to shine next season". 

I think she's supposed to duel in episode 2. That sounds good, usually the first 2 episodes of any series go hand in hand as an introduction. Maybe she'll be important xD

To be fair, I have the feeling that Yuya won't just keep that Ace like Yuma kept Hope. It just doesn't look like Pendulums have the capacity to evolve like that. Their nature looks more supportive than stellar, and Main Deck upgrades a la Metalmorphed monsters sounds weird..... or maybe they'll be like Chaos Xyzs and get an effect if Pendulum Summoned while X is on the field and such, but that'd make it harder to avoid using them independently. IDK.... If anything, I think upgrades will come in a form similar to Odd-Eyes. Normal version first, then Yuya evolved it and it seems there's no more need for regular..... That'd also be weird as heck.... I just can't imagine what they'll do here... any ideas anyone?

It is kinda hard to imagine yuya would get future Upgrade on existing pendulum monsters like OEPD while the mechanic does things differently aside knowing regular monsters get pendulum subtype upgrades. Although if they get upgrade, it might be card rewritten instead of new cards upgrade? Seeing how the pendant does atm, while its potential still unknown, it is possible to do permanent rewritten evolution (or if the pendulum forms are temporary in the duels, they might be rewritten more than once during the duels). 

The main protagonist this time seems to be pretty interesting, and I liked how the Pendulum Monsters were suddenly 'created'. A whole new mechanic, people! A WHOLE NEW MECHANIC JUST LIKE THAT! So far, this anime's off to a good start, although I do think they should've saved all the emotion stuff for later episodes. Knowing from the start what Yuya's predicament is seems to be a bit of a drag.

Oh, and is it just me, or is the 'Yu' in Yuzu's name a bit of foreshadowing that she'll become a lot more relevant? Anyone? Just me?

The main protagonist this time seems to be pretty interesting, and I liked how the Pendulum Monsters were suddenly 'created'. A whole new mechanic, people! A WHOLE NEW MECHANIC JUST LIKE THAT! So far, this anime's off to a good start, although I do think they should've saved all the emotion stuff for later episodes. Knowing from the start what Yuya's predicament is seems to be a bit of a drag.

Oh, and is it just me, or is the 'Yu' in Yuzu's name a bit of foreshadowing that she'll become a lot more relevant? Anyone? Just me?

About Yuzu, it did pass through my mind at some point, but Idk xP

And how to continue ZeXal's trend?
Create new cards > Rewrite cards > Create new mechanic > Rewrite mechanics? > (?)

I now understand why the duel disks don't have the zones so definite like the older series did. It was for this moment.

They could totally get away with someone doing something like Valon.
Just sayin', interaction with one's cards could lead to stuff like that.

Just wanted to say, I keep hitting play on your sig.. some might say it's not that good, but IDK, I do like Entermates.

I liked the first episode.

I still hate that they can't let the MC play COOL looking monsters except for a few.

Godang hippo kinda ticks me off.

I am liking the main girl.

OMG ADVANCE SUMMONS IT'S BEEN SO LONG

That Opening though

It was really good

I mean first it was hippos

and then riding a dragon

and then rainbow road

It was like I was being drug-*shot*

Not bad, not bad. I'll keep watching it.

Why do I get the feeling that everyone forgot that Yuya wants to be an Entertainment Duelist?
Hell, the show has a circus-motif, and Yuya's father is even a ring master O,o
Plus, if you take into account the fact that Action Duels are like some random roleplaying thing that becomes more of a play, rather then a duel, it would make sense that Yuya is a bit of an oddball, since he aims to make it into a job of some kind.

Compare this to Yuma, who was just a straight-up idiot(Not to mention, couldn't even make basic plays).

Just wanted to say, I keep hitting play on your sig.. some might say it's not that good, but IDK, I do like Entermates.

With regards to that intro... 0:40 has some guy with a Level 7 EARTH, and 2 other monsters that are implied to be 7 as well. Now given the fact that mass-summoning is a motif for this series(Pendulums lol), and the fact that, again, Level 7s, that can never be a good thing...

Yuya's easily the most likable main character we've had in my book.

Yuma was just an idiot- although, again, 4kids basically turned him into Michael Scott at certain points.

Yusei was just a cool badass-type person.

Jaden is probably the most similar to Yuya, as long as we pretend Season 4 didn't exist.

Yugi is Yugi.

In summary: Yuya is basically oddball Jaden. And he's my favorite so far. Hopefully the duels will start making more sense as time goes on.

Yuya's easily the most likable main character we've had in my book.

Yuma was just an idiot- although, again, 4kids basically turned him into Michael Scott at certain points.

Yusei was just a cool badass-type person.

Jaden is probably the most similar to Yuya, as long as we pretend Season 4 didn't exist.

Yugi is Yugi.

In summary: Yuya is basically oddball Jaden. And he's my favorite so far. Hopefully the duels will start making more sense as time goes on.

Pretty much my opinion on this.

I LIKED Yugi, but... Yuya is more likable. Yugi was like that guy you see and think is cool, but you don't think you would ever get along with.

Yuya, SO FAR, is shaping up to be Jaden done right.

My theory for episode 2:

Everyone is less than thrilled except the Yuzu fan club who loves Yuzu and despises her opponents so much they would lock them in a closet so she would win by default.

Win what exactly? 

The way I see it, we are looking at Dodgeball (the movie)

Yuzu's dad's school is Average Joe, while Leo's academy is Globo-gym across the street so far.

Except the show's Kaiba won't be like White Goodman (it'd be lulzy, but I don't think so).

That said, her school is barely noticeable with such a giant beside them. I don't expect many students there at all. Much less a fan-club.

My theory for episode 2:

Everyone is less than thrilled except the Yuzu fan club who loves Yuzu and despises her opponents so much they would lock them in a closet so she would win by default.

...Will you shut up and keep to yourself about your weird girl protagonist obsessions and actually discuss about the goddamn anime?

quPCJwe.png

+1 Favorited.

Archived