Gaming Central (Version 3)

Glitch

Sorry, I misunderstood.

How far have you gotten?

Oh, and is it really easy for you to get extra lives? I was watching a youtuber play and he got like fourty-five lives within the first few levels. I don't understand why they would give so many when it already takes two to four hits to kill you anyway.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I misunderstood.

How far have you gotten?

Oh, and is it really easy for you to get extra lives? I was watching a youtuber play and he got like fourty-five lives within the first few levels. I don't understand why they would give so many when it already takes two to four hits to kill you anyway.

It is stupid easy to get lives. Diddy has an ability to turn all enemies on-screen into balloons and it charges in no time. Also, they cost almost nothing in the shop given the abundance of coins.

I'm at World 3 and adoring the visuals. Autumn and savannah worlds? Sign me up.

I got the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix last week and it's absolutely phenomenal. I've never played it when it came out due to the fact that I din't own a PS2. Can't wait for KH 2.5 Remix.

I'm sure some of you have played Kingdom Hearts games before. For those who have, what did you think of it? (no spoilers please)

Well, I know almost everything that happens in the first 2 games, but I haven't finished the first yet because I never had a PS2 either. I'd say I really like the concept, the characters and the story, but maybe not as much the gameplay. At least not in the first. A few weeks ago I fought this one boss and it totally drained all of my energy to play the game out and I haven't played it since. Oh, and I didn't beat that boss. What I don't like about it is that battle is really repetitive. That might be a good thing because it's a pattern, but sometimes it makes it a lot harder if the boss has a TON of health. So yeah. Maybe I should play it some more soon.

Sounds fun.

Nintendo games have seemingly been getting much easier as time has progressed. DKWB and the new Mario don't look challenging at all; everything is handed to you now.

Actually, I think that's because of the reward system games use. If you have a large number of life accessible at any time, they can put in much harder challenges which makes you want to try again and again until you beat it. The first temple level, for instance, seems to put a whole lot of freaking bananas so it basically becomes Rayman Origins/Legends, where you don't have lives, you just continue from the last checkpoint. (You basically regain the life you lost).

Actually, I think that's because of the reward system games use. If you have a large number of life accessible at any time, they can put in much harder challenges which makes you want to try again and again until you beat it. The first temple level, for instance, seems to put a whole lot of freaking bananas so it basically becomes Rayman Origins/Legends, where you don't have lives, you just continue from the last checkpoint. (You basically regain the life you lost).

But in older games they would make it harder and not give you nearly as many lives.

Someone who litreally collects games and hasn't been apart of this club yet weheh.

Username: Tormented
Consoles and Handhelds You Own: *gimme a moment* Xbox 360, Gaming PC, 3DS, NDS, PSP, PS1, PS2, XBOX ORIGINAL, GAMECUBE, WII. (CURRENTLY OWNED) I have owned: NES, SNES, N64, MEGA DRIVE, PS3, PSVITA, DREAMCAST, DOS (probably others but I'm shit at remembering) 
Favorite Video Games: Dynasty Warriors Series, Smite, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Tales series isn't too bad either.

Online IDs:

XBL: Im Quite Wet

Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/katowned

Username: Agz
Consoles and Handhelds You Own: NES, N64, Wii, WiiU GBA, GBASP, DS, DSlite, 3DS, PS2, PS3, iPhone, Mac 8D
Favorite Video Games: Star Wars Battlefront 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Smash Bros Melee
Online IDs [PSN, XBL, Steam, etc.] (optional): PSN "Scorn9"; Steam "AggroDrago" (or maybe "AgroDrago" idr, I don't use steam much)

Currently balancing collecting old systems & games with having money and wanting other hobbies.

Deadly Premonition is best game. Kingdom Hearts 1 is bad.

Someone who litreally collects games and hasn't been apart of this club yet weheh.

Username: Tormented
Consoles and Handhelds You Own: *gimme a moment* Xbox 360, Gaming PC, 3DS, NDS, PSP, PS1, PS2, XBOX ORIGINAL, GAMECUBE, WII. (CURRENTLY OWNED) I have owned: NES, SNES, N64, MEGA DRIVE, PS3, PSVITA, DREAMCAST, DOS (probably others but I'm s*** at remembering) 
Favorite Video Games: Dynasty Warriors Series, Smite, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Tales series isn't too bad either.

Online IDs:

XBL: Im Quite Wet

Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/katowned

Accepted.

Username: Agz
Consoles and Handhelds You Own: NES, N64, Wii, WiiU GBA, GBASP, DS, DSlite, 3DS, PS2, PS3, iPhone, Mac 8D
Favorite Video Games: Star Wars Battlefront 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Smash Bros Melee
Online IDs [PSN, XBL, Steam, etc.] (optional): PSN "Scorn9"; Steam "AggroDrago" (or maybe "AgroDrago" idr, I don't use steam much)

Currently balancing collecting old systems & games with having money and wanting other hobbies.

Deadly Premonition is best game. Kingdom Hearts 1 is bad.

Accepted.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is bad.

No longer accepted. Still accepted, I guess...

It is bad though. In KH3D, when a boss had a ton of health, they did stuff differently so you would feel like trying to beat them because it's not the same thing over and over again.

I don't know when I'll feel like trying to beat a repetitive boss, but I really should do it soon so I can get 2.5 when it's released.

KH1 was just really boring, repetitive, and boring. Did I mention I found it boring? I found it boring.

Also, I was pretty much done with the game by the time I beat Jafar. The Cave of Wonders boss fight was just too terribly strenuous.

I'm told KH2 is a whole lot better, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Also, I was pretty much done with the game by the time I beat Jafar. The Cave of Wonders boss fight was just too terribly strenuous.

Actually, I was surprised with how easy Jafar was to me. Especially Genie Jafar. What was so strenuous about the Cave of Wonders for you?

I'm told KH2 is a whole lot better, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Same here. Waiting for KH 2.5 Remix. I think it's coming out in like October or November, so I'm pretty pumped. I'm also excited to play KH3 at some point. I'm sure it's going to be a masterpiece.

Actually, I was surprised with how easy Jafar was to me. Especially Genie Jafar. What was so strenuous about the Cave of Wonders for you?

Nonono, I was done by the time I got to Jafar. I stopped playing after I beat him.

The boss fight of the Cave of Wonders. The giant lion head. That was a pain in the ass. Terrible collision detection, irregular footing. Stuff like that.

Same here. Waiting for KH 2.5 Remix. I think it's coming out in like October or November, so I'm pretty pumped. I'm also excited to play KH3 at some point. I'm sure it's going to be a masterpiece.

Pfft. HD Remix. I got the original.

Pfft. HD Remix. I got the original.

That's because you could. D:

Anyway, so I figured that wouldn't be it, but I beat Ursula and then I beat her again. It was just spin attack after spin attack. By the time I got her to around 1/6 HP and it didn't look like I was doing any damage anymore, I decided to see if I could use that cauldron for anything and launched some attacks at it. Needless to say, that was the end of her (the first time).

And actually, I never had much trouble in this game until I got to her. Then it didn't take me nearly as long as I thought it would to beat her, so maybe the rest won't be so hard.

Anyway, so I figured that wouldn't be it, but I beat Ursula and then I beat her again. It was just spin attack after spin attack. By the time I got her to around 1/6 HP and it didn't look like I was doing any damage anymore, I decided to see if I could use that cauldron for anything and launched some attacks at it. Needless to say, that was the end of her (the first time).

You're literally just supposed to hit her cauldron three times in a row to stun her and then attack. The dude told you to attack it. Maybe you just forgot.

I've played two KH games and in both cases I'd get to some boss that I just gave up the game on. The first was the gameboy one. Chain of Memories I think. Really fun but that second fight with the emoish pretty boy best friend guy was just too much. The other was KH2 when I was fighting that card guy near the end of the game. Another really fun game though.

But in older games they would make it harder and not give you nearly as many lives.

That was to pad out the game. Life systems are generally just a dying trend now. If anything, their only worth now is nostalgia.

Accepted.

Accepted.

No longer accepted. Still accepted, I guess...

You trying to start something, punk?

You're literally just supposed to hit her cauldron three times in a row to stun her and then attack. The dude told you to attack it. Maybe you just forgot.

Did anyone? I know I was paying attention to the game before I stopped playing (I only skipped scenes once I've seen them), so I don't know how I missed that (but I probably did).

Archived