Gaming Central (Version 3)

Glitch

My point wasn't what YOU were interested. My point is that your point about "It just seems that there haven't been many good handheld games and they don't even compare to console/PC gaming anymore" is total bullshit. There are a whole lot of amazing games on handhelds, even if they don't necessarily appeal to you. If your point has to do with graphical output, then sure, they don't compare, but when have they ever? The games, especially the gameplay, from handhelds absolutely eviscerated console games last year without a shadow of a doubt.

It was definitely my opinion, I never said that it was a fact or that you should agree with it. So, if you please, calm the f*ck down.

I picked up a used Sonic Generations for 30 bucks (3DS)
It's alright thus far. The jumping is just quite a bit to get used to.

Sonic Generations was amazing on the 360.

The most recently released Sonic game I've played is Sonic and the Secret Rings (2007), although I did buy Sonic Adventure 2 (which is pretty old) a few months ago.  I used to be a fan of Sonic games, but I haven't really been into them since Sonic Riders. I heard that most of the newer ones aren't nearly as good as the older ones, do any of you think that this is true?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was definitely my opinion, I never said that it was a fact or that you should agree with it. So, if you please, calm the f*ck down.

The most recently released Sonic game I've played is Sonic and the Secret Rings (2007), although I did buy Sonic Adventure 2 (which is pretty old) a few months ago.  I used to be a fan of Sonic games, but I haven't really been into them since Sonic Riders. I heard that most of the newer ones aren't nearly as good as the older ones, do any of you think that this is true?

Um, really? From what I understand, the last three games in the series (Colors, Generations and Lost World), have been generally well received.

Or maybe not Lost World.

You're mistaking a long-winded response to emotion or intensity.

Most of the critics that I was reading/watching when Lost World came out seemed to be in basic agreement that Colors has been the only modern Sonic game worth playing. That's including Adventure 1 & 2.

Consoles and Handhelds You Own: PS2, Wii, WiiU, XBox 360, DS, 3DS, SP.
Favorite Video Games: Gotcha Force, Crash Team Racing, Megabyte Punch, Megaman X collection, among a few other things.
Online IDs [PSN, XBL, Steam, etc.] (optional): Steam name J-Der. 3DS name is whatever I have it set to.

Yes, I'm joining this club.

Consoles and Handhelds You Own: PS2, Wii, WiiU, XBox 360, DS, 3DS, SP.
Favorite Video Games: Gotcha Force, Crash Team Racing, Megabyte Punch, Megaman X collection, among a few other things.
Online IDs [PSN, XBL, Steam, etc.] (optional): Steam name J-Der. 3DS name is whatever I have it set to.

Yes, I'm joining this club.

Accepted. Welcome!

So I was playing Gangam Style on Just Dance 4 just now-
Anyone else play any of the Just Dance games? If not, then oh well.

Also, with regards to Sonic games; Pretty much it's the fact SA2B is 'Chao Garden; The Game, featuring a running fast simulator' is why it's such a game. That, and the soundtrack. Oh how we cannot forget the soundtrack.

Sonic Adventure 2 was one of the ones I grew up with and is one of my favorites.

My favorites are the 2 Adventures and Generations.

Shoot me but I also remember liking Sonic the Hedgehog (modern whatever thingy).

Then again I can't name a Sonic game I hated....maybe the werehog one.

I haven't played em all so...

Yeah, if you have a PS3, Vita, or especially a PS4, you should definitely have Plus.

Even if you only get the games while you're subscribed, it's still totally worth the price of admission.

It's like netflix for video games, except better than Playstation Now because lag kills it.

Yeah, if you have a PS3, Vita, or especially a PS4, you should definitely have Plus.

Even if you only get the games while you're subscribed, it's still totally worth the price of admission.

Yes, very handy for all of them. I noticed that most of the good Vita games all free, as well. That really makes me want a Vita/PS4 bundle even more now.

And yeah, it's totally worth it. I don't plan on ever letting this subscription wear out.

Biggest problem with it tho is that I need to buy a bigger harddrive.

I have an older model of PS3 with only 36 GB of storage. That's almost half the storage space necessary for Uncharted 3.

Oh, yeah....

Hearing that makes me cringe. I definitely, definitely suggest either replacing the hard drive or getting a new PS3 with more capacity.

36GB would never work for me, considering the fact that I got a 320 GB PS3 and I have around 50GB left, so that might be a problem soon. :P

If Gamefly supplied enough newer games to promise me a copy and not a f*cking "low chances of shipping" status, I'd go back to it.

Lets be honest... Indie Games are really damn fun.

They are, but they get old very quickly... just like every other video game out there.

Lets be honest... Indie Games are really damn fun.

They are, but they get old very quickly... just like every other video game out there.

Tbh most indie games are bad, but you just don't hear about them because people don't want to play bad or mediocre games, they only want to play good games.
You mostly only hear about and/or play good indie games, because those are the ones that get popular and draw in gamers.

You must not have even PLAYED Towerfall!

Tbh most indie games are bad, but you just don't hear about them because people don't want to play bad or mediocre games, they only want to play good games.
You mostly only hear about and/or play good indie games, because those are the ones that get popular and draw in gamers.

They also most consistently do new things.

People don't like indies because they're GOOD so much as they more often do something really well... also the indie games that make a splash, especially recently, have been absolutely amazing like Spelunky, Journey, Gone Home, The Stanley Parable, Cave Story, Papers, Please, etc.

You must not have even PLAYED Towerfall!

No, I haven't... and I doubt I ever will, considering I have no one to play it with.

I find single-player in ANY game to get boring fast. Multiplayer, on the other hand, makes it last (though I guess it depends on who you play with.)

Archived