Gaming Central (Version 3)

Glitch

You trying to start something, punk?

And what if I am?

Did anyone? I know I was paying attention to the game before I stopped playing (I only skipped scenes once I've seen them), so I don't know how I missed that (but I probably did).

Yeah, Ariel's dad says it right before you try to get his trident back.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see. Well, I figured that was what you were supposed to do once it beat her, that's why I said "Needless to say", but yeah. I should have noticed that. I might have already finished the game if I tried that the first time.

Hmm... there are harder battles that lie ahead.

Maybe the final battle will be hard, but I just whipped Oogie Boogie and creamed Halloween town, making it the easiest so far (for me). Seriously, it was a piece of pie.

Btw, at the time of finishing Halloween town I'm level 39. Maybe I'm actually overleveled. =O

Maybe. I know I did the boss battle in the last world wrong.

Maybe the final battle will be hard, but I just whipped Oogie Boogie and creamed Halloween town, making it the easiest so far (for me). Seriously, it was a piece of pie.

Btw, at the time of finishing Halloween town I'm level 39. Maybe I'm actually overleveled. =O

Maybe. I know I did the boss battle in the last world wrong.

Yeah, Boogie wasn't that hard.
And I wouldn't say you're overleveled tbh. You're at a good level, though.

I am now at a point of stalemate with the hardest boss in the game (not exaggerating, this has been agreed upon lol). I've been trying and looking online and it seems as though there is no way to make it any easier. I can't beat them so I'm taking a break for at least a week, which sucks because I'm close to beating the game.

And are (or were) you on the final boss? I really hope when I get there it doesn't make me want to give up.

I'm not on the final boss, but I'm very close to the end. My friend told me there was another annoying boss after this one, but it shouldn't be as hard as the one I'm currently on now.

Ok! I think that's enough Kingdom Hearts for awhile. 

New topic anyone?

Bump. What is your favorite console that you've ever had?

For me it would have to be either the Nintendo 64 or the PlayStation 3.

The N64 introduced me to gaming by being my first to own/play on and it also had some marvelous games.

The PS3 has such an extensive library and I really enjoy a lot of these games. It also has the PSN  which lets me talk to/play with my friends or random people. 

3DS. Handhelds are all I ever play anymore–even Wii U, I barely ever play off-gamepad. GBA & DS are up there as well, but I haven't absolutely loved as many games for them as I have for the 3DS.

PS3 is close second simply because of the library I've amassed over the past 7 years, but I should note my parents never even let me have a console before PS2-era. (though I did have a GBA before that)

3DS. Handhelds are all I ever play anymore–even Wii U, I barely ever play off-gamepad. GBA & DS are up there as well, but I haven't absolutely loved as many games for them as I have for the 3DS.

I have nothing against handheld gaming, but there has only been like one or two handheld games that I have wanted in the past three or four years. It just seems that there haven't been many good handheld games and they don't even compare to console/PC gaming anymore.
And I had such high hopes for the PS Vita...

I have nothing against handheld gaming, but there has only been like one or two handheld games that I have wanted in the past three or four years. It just seems that there haven't been many good handheld games and they don't even compare to console/PC gaming anymore.
And I had such high hopes for the PS Vita...

Off the top of my head:

Kid Icarus Uprising

Mariokart 7

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokémon XY

Super Mario 3D Land

Tearaway

Gravity Rush

Animal Crossing New Leaf

The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Kingdom Hearts DDD

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Paper Mario Sticker Star

Bravely Default

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Resident Evil Revelations

Steamworld Dig

Muramasa Rebirth

Say what again. I dare ya. I double dare ya.

Off the top of my head:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mariokart 7
Fire Emblem Awakening
Pokémon XY
Super Mario 3D Land
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Animal Crossing New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds
Kingdom Hearts DDD
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Bravely Default
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Steamworld Dig
Muramasa Rebirth

Yeah, the only three I wanted to see are Pokemon X/Y, Gravity Rush, and DDD. X/Y seemed short and lacking, Gravity Rush looked cool at first but then my hype kinda went away, and I haven't seen any of DDD because I didn't want to get spoiled.

zlZKok4.png

I haven't played a single game on that list, nor have I had any friends to mooch off of for them.

I really miss my SP. If I still had it, I'd be able to go to the one place in town that sells GBA/GB games.

Yeah, the only three I wanted to see are Pokemon X/Y, Gravity Rush, and DDD. X/Y seemed short and lacking, Gravity Rush looked cool at first but then my hype kinda went away, and I haven't seen any of DDD because I didn't want to get spoiled.

My point wasn't what YOU were interested. My point is that your point about "It just seems that there haven't been many good handheld games and they don't even compare to console/PC gaming anymore" is total bullshit. There are a whole lot of amazing games on handhelds, even if they don't necessarily appeal to you. If your point has to do with graphical output, then sure, they don't compare, but when have they ever? The games, especially the gameplay, from handhelds absolutely eviscerated console games last year without a shadow of a doubt.

Bump. What is your favorite console that you've ever had?

Probably PS3 because of the many amazing games, even though I've only had it for a year and 3 months. Although game wise, I would say I prefer Fire Emblem games to any of the games the PS3 has (even though I still don't think I can ever finish a FE game on the GBA).

Copies from another post somewhere (so you don't get angry that I haven't said anything about it): I've changed my name again (name was Benio Yonomori).

tumblr_lnmbwbbsrc1ql141xo1_500.gif

2zgynoy.jpg

tumblr_m9jds8MKTQ1qmfvpxo1_400.gif

My point wasn't what YOU were interested. My point is that your point about "It just seems that there haven't been many good handheld games and they don't even compare to console/PC gaming anymore" is total bullshit. There are a whole lot of amazing games on handhelds, even if they don't necessarily appeal to you. If your point has to do with graphical output, then sure, they don't compare, but when have they ever? The games, especially the gameplay, from handhelds absolutely eviscerated console games last year without a shadow of a doubt.

Or, you know, some people here haven't had the chance to play any handheld games so whether they're subjectively good or not is out of the question.

Or, you know, some people here haven't had the chance to play any handheld games so whether they're subjectively good or not is out of the question.

Then he's been saying that handheld games are inferior without actually playing any handheld games, whereas I'm still in the right for saying that he's bullshitting.

Also, I'm not sure you're allowed to posts gifs like that in the public domain. Keep your fantasies to yourself~

Then he's been saying that handheld games are inferior without actually playing any handheld games, whereas I'm still in the right for saying that he's bullshitting.

...It's like someone took the meaning of the word "subjectively", took it out back, and shot it several times in the face.

Also, I'm not sure you're allowed to posts gifs like that in the public domain. Keep your fantas-

WHAT?

...It's like someone took the meaning of the word "subjectively", took it out back, and shot it several times in the face.

I think you're missing the point. Even ignoring whether subjective opinion is out of the question, he can't even objectively call console/PC games superior to handhelds if he hasn't even played any handheld games. There's no butchering of any word like you seem to believe.

$30? That sounds expensive >bought it for $60 and beat it in 4 hours and tried to return it but forgot the disc

That game always has fond memories for me until I play it and I realize the level design isn't that good.

Archived