Major OCG rule changes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are 2 copies of Mystic Plasma Zone out. It's pretty easy to figure out that all DARK monsters will be gaining 1000 ATK, and losing 800 DEF.

If Malevolent Catastrophy is activated while both players have Geartown, I'd say both trigger at the same time and chain off of each other.

2 copies of A Legendary Ocean will have all WATER monsters gain 400 ATK and DEF and lose 2 Levels (getting to a minimum of 1 in all scenarios where it'd go below that). So that'd be the sweet Level 4 3000 ATK Frostosaurus.

Really, list what Field Spell Cards stalking are actually confusing here.

I'm sure there ARE, but it's not actually that many.

Too be honest, all you just have to think about is that Field Spells basically become Continuous Spells but each player can only control 1. So all you really have to think about is what would happen if you had two of the same card out and it shouldn't be hard to figure out

If there are 2 copies of Mystic Plasma Zone out. It's pretty easy to figure out that all DARK monsters will be gaining 1000 ATK, and losing 800 DEF.

If Malevolent Catastrophy is activated while both players have Geartown, I'd say both trigger at the same time and chain off of each other.

2 copies of A Legendary Ocean will have all WATER monsters gain 400 ATK and DEF and lose 2 Levels (getting to a minimum of 1 in all scenarios where it'd go below that). So that'd be the sweet Level 4 3000 ATK Frostosaurus.

Really, list what Field Spell Cards stalking are actually confusing here.

I'm sure there ARE, but it's not actually that many.

Black Garden

Black Garden

From what I'm reading, it is mandatory and doesn't involve original ATK.

That said, turn player's Black Garden would halve that monster's ATK and SS the Token, but opposing player's Black Garden would do it first as well. Not sure which one would act first (I'd say turn player's would try first), but I'm sure someone that knows more can figure it out without too much problem.

So for example, a Blue-Eyes is Summoned. That means he'll end up with 750 ATK (3000/2= 1500. 1500/2 = 750)and two 800 ATK Tokens on the opposing field.

The Tokens don't need to worry about because either way it was a Summon with the effect of Black Garden, regardless of which Black Garden.

Also, the effect of destroying your Black Garden along with all Plants on the field to revive a monster will also not be halved by the remaining Black Garden since it was Summoned by the effect of "Black Garden".

Oh god, would help out the lesser decks.

But do you REALLY want to see Mulligan for something like Lightsworns? A second chance at getting Lumina + JD?

Bad hands exist. They will ALWAYS exist no matter how good or bad your Deckbuilding skills are. You should not be punished for something that is completely outside of your realm of possibility.

Oww that sucks.

Mulligan is not a bad thing. It's not like many archetypes out there can't already search the crap out of everything they need as is. If anything it'd help improve the experience for less powerful decks since top-tier generally have good hands they can at worst work with anyways.

Also, every deck has at least one combination of cards that's unpleasant to draw first turn, as good as it might be.

I just thought of something interesting, wouldn't the new field spell rules mean that double duels have the potential for 4x stacked field effects? (For example a legendary ocean dropping all monsters 4 levels, 4 harpies hunting grounds resolving simultaneously, Ect...)

Here's a question for the OCG Field Spell thing: 2 copies of Skyscraper, and an E-HERO Sparkman vs Cyber Dragon or similar. Does it get 1000, but then not another 1000 because its ATK is now greater than the other monster, or does it get 2000 regardless?

quite frankly, since they only give it a boost for damage calculation, while 2 of them on the field, it would stack for that brief period. it is continuous effects that happening in the same time though. However it would to be trigger effects that will end differently. 

Konami going to love having their mailbox exploded with msgs once this field spell rules kick in in TCG. 

I will think again whether to go first or second. And so much new rules and mechanics to learn (Pendulum Summon is complicated)

Because "Dump your entire hand on the field" is so complex.

>Look at monster in-hand

>note Level

>look at Pendulum Zones

>is Level noninclusively between the Scales?

>If so, Special Summon

>Repeat for entire hand

>Look at monster in-hand
>note Level
>look at Pendulum Zones
>If so, Special Summon
>Repeat for entire hand

I knew you were annoying as sin, but can you even read? Why are you mocking someone for not understanding the mechanic when you, yourself, apparently don't completely get it?

You can only pendulum summon once per turn. You summon as many monsters between your blue and red scale at that time. There no repeating, it's not like Brionac. It's like Brionac if it said once per turn you can discard any number.

>Look at monster in-hand

>note Level

>look at Pendulum Zones

>If so, Special Summon

>Repeat for entire hand

I knew you were annoying as sin, but can you even read? Why are you mocking someone for not understanding the mechanic when you, yourself, apparently don't completely get it?

You can only pendulum summon once per turn. You summon as many monsters between your blue and red scale at that time. There no repeating, it's not like Brionac. It's like Brionac if it said once per turn you can discard any number.

I point out that I was refering to a loop in the logic of the single Pendulum Summon, not the entire turn. Let's see if I can be clearer.

1. Declare you are Pendulum Summoning
  2. Look at first card in hand, if monster, Step 3, if not, Step 5
  3. Compare Monster's Level with Scales in Pendulum Zones.
  4. If Level is noninclusively between the Scales, Special Summon. If not, Step 5
  5. Move on to next card in hand, go to step 1. If this was the last card, Step 6 instead.

6. Pendulum Summon has ended.

I point out that I was refering to a loop in the logic of the single Pendulum Summon, not the entire turn. Let's see if I can be clearer.

1. Declare you are Pendulum Summoning
  2. Look at first card in hand, if monster, Step 3, if not, Step 5
  3. Compare Monster's Level with Scales in Pendulum Zones.
  4. If Level is noninclusively between the Scales, Special Summon. If not, Step 5
  5. Move on to next card in hand, go to step 1. If this was the last card, Step 6 instead.

6. Pendulum Summon has ended.

I'm pretty sure the Pendulum Summon is simultaneous. You don't exactly repeat when you use Rekindling, Tri-Wight, or Return from the Different Dimension. So it'd go:

Decide what monsters that fit the conditions you wanna Pendulum Summon

Pendulum Summon all of them.

Bottomless Trap Hole from the opponent's side.

Okay then, I suppose the problem is that I'm the only one in this thread thinking in terms of a computer program, and everyone else is thinking as a human. The point is, you can dump your entire hand of monsters to the field, no questions asked. I was just going into a detailed version of "Decide what monsters that fit the conditions you want to Pendulum Summon" Let's just move on.

Archived