YCM: How Our Society Is Messed Up And How It Can Be Fixed

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity, and with regards to this topic-
Does anyone look up to other members on this site?

I have respect for many of the decent-to-great TCG frequenters, like...umm...the problem is, half of them changed their names so often, or have different names in different mediums, that I'm not sure who they're known as anymore.

Because this site's memberbase has the average brain size of a thumb.

And that's putting it nicely.

Do you sincerely find no intelligence in the community? If you had properly read anything in this topic, it would be very easy for your overly-cynical mindset to be debunked like the delusion it is. Many people here are not idiots. Armz isn't, Evilfusion isn't, TGM honestly isn't, Sleepo isn't, Crouton is smart, too, Striker is more of depressed than idiotic, Aix isn't an idiot, eiter.

Out of curiosity, and with regards to this topic-
Does anyone look up to other members on this site?

I respect a few and am glad to have chums on the here dandy site.

However, I don't respect that many people in the TCG section. 

Hmm....maybe 1-2 people here I look up to tops. Well at a first thought.

I mean Night is God.

Dude come on I can only see him by looking up

Do you sincerely find no intelligence in the community? If you had properly read anything in this topic, it would be very easy for your overly-cynical mindset to be debunked like the delusion it is. Many people here are not idiots. Armz isn't, Evilfusion isn't, TGM honestly isn't, Sleepo isn't, Crouton is smart, too, Striker is more of depressed than idiotic, Aix isn't an idiot, eiter.

To be fair, the exact phrase was "average" intelligence. Several smart people, but hundreds of idiots, would still have a very low average intelligence.

Pretty much evilfusion is the only person who I actually care to respect.

Really. Truthfully.

Yay!

I don't even think he knows me. :(

*checks name history* Hmm...I know of you vaguely. We don't interact much.

We also need a way for the middle class to shine, as they sometimes have just as much knowledge as the perceived elite. Also, not only do we need a way for the perceived undesirables to be redeemed, but the elite to be ridiculed when necessary. Times have occurred when a supposedly elite member was simply being definitively un-profound in all seriousness and it has been ignored due to their status.

Because this site's memberbase has the average brain size of a thumb.

And that's putting it nicely.

Get off your fucking high horse, bunny girl. Your useless comments in this thread don't speak too highly of your intelligence either.

I'm being ignored here. Do you guys think mods should intervene or not?

We also need a way for the middle class to shine, 

Drop Senior Member Requirement down to 300 posts

???

profit

Get off your f***ing high horse, bunny girl. Your useless comments in this thread don't speak too highly of your intelligence either.

No.

Unless asked to.

Well some people won't ask....

Hmm....

not so sure.

Leaning towards no for now because mods take away all the fun

=3

Get off your fucking high horse, bunny girl. Your useless comments in this thread don't speak too highly of your intelligence either.

I dunno. It seems kind of awkward to intervene on your harsh comment when you're also a mod.

To be fair, the exact phrase was "average" intelligence. Several smart people, but hundreds of idiots, would still have a very low average intelligence.

It definitely has no likeness to the American economy because that has statistics on all involved entities (assuming per capita) while this indiviual is making a broad statement while being a rather introverted person who does not know many people very well. More than that, of all the active members, an overwhelming majority are still not even idiots enough to let me believe that his post was based purely on a jaded experience with people as a whole. To deem somebody's intelligence low enough to disregard personally and turn into a depressing statistic is showing enough that they have absolutely no grasp on what intelligence is. Certainly not something that people wear on their sleeves consistently, more so on the Internet.

Then I said people in here were smart.
Or, you can give examples of currently active members and, for the most part, none will be idiots. Many, many of the people here come to socialize about a niche interest they share or to socialize about other niche interests in a way that they can not find wherever they may actually be. The desire to brainstorm and discuss, or even participate in humor among those (while even Thar's stories are based on indirect humor, which can be very intellectual) is something I would rather have in somebody than not. For the most part, these are people who show so much more intelligence than many are willing to believe. They are sincerely mostly good people.

Yes, yes, my hypocrisy.

No.

Unless asked to.

Well some people won't ask....

Hmm....

not so sure.

Leaning towards no for now because mods take away all the fun

=3

The thing is that people won't ask because that just makes them look like a pussy.

Okay, well, I was going to say there's no real easy way to fix the elitism of this site. People are people, and you really can't change them with just a few simple warns and saying "stop that". But I just find it hilarious that the TC was one of the people on this site that continuously just fishes for attention and respect when no one gives it to him.

There, I contributed something. Are you happy?

Drop Senior Member Requirement down to 300 posts

???

profit

Not what I meant, and probably a bad idea.

Its just that people with 3-4 stars are treated as being underclassed when they may be highly useful and simply not post a whole ton. (Not trying to imply myself or anyone specific, but often the only stars people perceive to be at all knowledgable is 5-6+, and that isnt good. (The stars themselves may be the problem, here))

Yes, yes, my hypocrisy.

The thing is that people won't ask because that just makes them look like a pussy.

That's why I said "they won't ask"

And dangit evilfusion your quotes are cooler than mine

they take out the asterisks

=D

If the person can't leave the argument on their own then they need help of another kind.

Now watching actual bashing and doing nothing is just sick

Mods speak up then if they see that crap going down

I'm having none of that crud happening here

The biggest issue with mod involvement is some people will report something for "flaming" or something...and when I look at the context of the issue...it's not remotely worthy of that label. And of course, some people do tend to joke around and may come across as harsher out of context. Also, running to a mod specifically and saying "This person is picking on me" does come across as whinier than necessary, however, there are undoubtedly instances where drawing attention to the problem is justified.

I'm also gonna say if at any time you want to be useful to our community, join TCG.

No seriously, this site isn't good for anything else.

And plus, we have Welche. <3

The section is ok. Decks, card topics, banlists discussions, they are all cool. I just don't often like the players.

But really the Yugioh community in general (take DN and other sites) is something I don't really enjoy, so...

Not really useful to the community when you know anything you say is going to be shot down by a "higher up" because they are so much "better" at the game then you are.

I'm only saying this because you act like its the only good part on the site.

Although you do have a Welche

The section is ok. Decks, card topics, banlists discussions, they are all cool. I just don't often like the players.

Not really useful to the community when you know anything you say is going to be shot down by a "higher up" because they are so much "better" at the game then you are.

I'm only saying this because you act like its the only good part on the site.

Although you do have a Welche

This. All of this. Happens too often. Except the spelling error, of course.

Archived