Yu-Gi-Oh: Arc of Conquest (IC/Started/Accepting/PG-16)

Love of Ghibli

Nantian slowly walked into his clubs room and saw that it was brimming with social activity. What an odd crew of misfits that ended up being Signers. They weren't the most social bunch of people. Okay guys here's the run down. He said as he addressed all the members of the Signer Club. We're going to be dropping in by helicopter. For some odd reason I am pretty sure they know we're coming so expect a lot of heavy fire power coming from the enemy. Soooo when the missiles and whatever start flying, the Number's Club and a bunch of sports people will be in charge of keeping them at bay. We and, mysteriously, every voodoo esque club will then make our into the basement of Fudo Academy where once again I'm sure they'll be waiting for us. That is where we hopefully throw all of the non-Signer Club kids at them and pray they don't die. Then it is up to us to find the 1 Signer kid in Fudo Academy that has the legendary Shooting Quasar Dragon. We hunt him or her and do whatever it takes to take that kids card. Any questions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere across campus a nice blond girl was opening the doors to begin the meeting of the Numbers club. What was hilarious it didn't seem that anyone was there. Ringo started to pout heavily as she thought this may have had something to do with her being the youngest member of the club. Granted there were and excessive number of Number Holder's at this school and by default the majority of them were in the Number's club. Ringo looked into her deck box and pulled out a card. Oh Utopia please don't tell me that this is my fault. Well I guess I can be a little patient. Most of the members of the Number's Club are in other clubs. They may have prioritized those other organizations over this one. Pity because this club has a lot of responsibility riding on it. Ringo decided it would best to just wait this out for a while. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacob grinned. "Of Course! Let me just check on that now!" He replied as he quickly scribbled down Nathan and then opened the message. His grin turned into a wide smile as his friends got really excited as they read over his shoulder. "Hey, Nathan. We're a part of the Strike Team! We're going to be in the heat of it all! Not to mention we're going to clear the path to victory! Well, that is, when the Signer Club gets the Shooting Something Dragon.." Jacob soon saw someone about to ask him a question.

"So, when do we start?" One of the top members of the Drama Club enthusiastically said.

"As soon as we're told we begin. I don't know the details yet, but why don't you guys practice until then?" Jacob happily told him as he nodded and told another guy to duel him. They both went into the Auditorium. "So, Nathan, you can practice as well, once you finish signing up. I really do want to see your dueling style!"

[Celia]

“Where is everyone?”

The student council room was completely devoid of people except for the two girls that was just entered it.

“What do you want to do here anyway?” Shiki asked. She looked like she was not appreciating the fact that she had wasted her time by coming into the room.

“Well, it was just for-“

Suddenly, an announcement could be heard from the intercom, detailing on what the students should do as they invade an academy called Fudo Academy in Kansai. And it seemed like the Esoterica Club would be working with the other non-physical clubs in a strike team. Celia was not amused that her club didn’t manage to not be noticed by the student council.

“Why should we even do this kind of things instead of, you know, studying? Can I file a sick leave for this one?”

“Hey, hey! You’re the club president dammit! And, don’t forget that your oh-so-popular club only had little to none active members, so aside from me, no one can be your substitute! And hell if I want to replace you!” Shiki blurted angrily at Celia’s offhand remark.

“Anyway, I’m going to pack my stuffs now. I’ll meet you in the club room later. Don’t follow me!” And with that, Shiki left Celia alone in the room. Celia decided to sit down on the nearest chair to her, and sighed.

Shiki was right.

The Esoterica Secret Research Club was pretty much one of the most unpopular clubs in the school, mainly due to its topic of interest was already covered in other, more well-established clubs in the school, such as the Mythology Research Club.

Celia had tried her best to advertise her club and to convince people to join it, but it was not quite successful, as even when someone turned out to register, they wouldn’t last long in the club, for some reasons.

The lack of active members was a big problem, as the school had tried to disband the club multiple times. It was only because of miracles and Celia’s persuasion and bribing skills that the club was still alive.

Well, the club actually boasted something that the other similar clubs lacked the luxury of; numerous research trips to places all over the nation (which is pretty much why people actually applied to the club, so they could skip class legitimately with a trip to boot). Celia chuckled a bit when she remembered that back when she offered the proposal for the club to one of the head of the student council, he offered her club to carry espionage missions for the school, though she refused it due to her own reasoning. Maybe that was another reason why the club was not that popular.

“At least I got Shiki to join the club now. I can’t let her be inactive like the others.”

And then she remembered that she should still also prepare herself for the upcoming invasion.

She decided to return to her club room, which also doubled as her own room (she rented her actual room to someone else. Hey, whatever works for extra cash!). On her way there, she met once again with one of her classmates, Junko.

“Hey, how’s your club? I heard you’ll be joining in the Strike Team, right? That’s nice!”

Junko was quite excited about the fact that the invasion would start soon. Celia wished that she could swap their positions so she could be spared from the brunt of the war. Though, before she could reply to Junko, several girls approached her, and Celia immediately recognized them as the girls from the Fortune Reading Club, which was also really lacking in members.

Why all occult clubs in the academy lacks members? As far as I know, the Astrology club lacked members too. Meh, those science-pampered fools will learn one day.

“Hello, my name is Diana. Would you mind if we joined your club during the conquest, as it seems both of our clubs are in need of members.” The president of the club introduced herself.

Yay, more temporary members! Just what the club needed.

..I really need to start finding a way to keep new recruits from leaving the club..

“Welcome to the Esoterica Secret Research Club. I am the club’s president, Celia. And yes, you are all accepted. I think it’s not the best time to talk right now, as I need to go somewhere.

I’ll wait for you in the club’s HQ in half an hour. Please don’t come there before then, I beg you.”

“Ooh, you managed to recruit more members to your club! Now you’re definitely not fighting alone.”

I am never alone! Especially not now, with Shiki on my side!

“…Anyway, I think I’ll need to start preparing for the invasion now. See you all in 30 minutes (including you, Junko)! And please don’t be late, or else…!”

After saying that, Celia ran as fast as she could to her clubroom, almost bumping into many students along the way.

“Heh, for a president of a barely alive club, she seemed to be wayyy too busy, right?” Junko said to the other girls.

[Shiki]

Shiki never felt like she wanted to join any clubs, and she was too lazy to make her own club. Even though she had a lot of knowledge in the occult, and the subject itself was definitely interesting for her, something was making her hesitant to join the club, but she was not even sure now about what was that, as her refusal to join the club had devolved into just merely a running joke.

“I’ll just leave like the others if the club is not interesting.”

She was now currently in her bathroom, taking a bath while contemplating about the announcement before.

“Shooting Quasar, eh? Doesn’t that card have a counterpart? Was it Cosmo Blazar Dragon? But I haven’t heard of anyone managing to see the card, let alone acquiring it. Did it actually exist though?

Maybe it’s actually in this school all along? Hey! That young teacher from the mainland used Red Dragon Archfiend deck, right? He might know something about it then. I guess I should investigate about it later.

Anyway, what about the fabled Duel Dragons? I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone using them round these parts, aside from the Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend. Has the school managed to capture the others too?

Oh yeah, Earthbound Immortals are a thing, but where are they?

What if..no, that’s too crazy even for me.

Aah, I guess I should start dressing up for the invasion.”

As she rose from her bathtub, she could sense that someone was watching her.

“…

Celia, could you please stop peeking at me?”

No answers. An irritated Shiki then kicked the door to her bathroom open, along with the black haired girl that was standing behind it.

“Uuu…It’s your fault that you didn’t close the door to your room! Anyway, I have something important to say, so please don’t kick me out of here now.”

“Could you at least try to wait outside and NOT peeking when I’m taking a bath?”

“But…I can’t resist..

Err…Oh yeah, the important thing.

I need you to be in club’s HQ ASAP. And that’s it. See you there!”

“…”

“Oh, and one more thing.

I wonder why you never used your Numbers when you duel.

But save the answer for later. Oh and by the way, you look real nice after a bath.

Cya!”

Celia ran as fast as she could from the room to avoid an expected beatdown from Shiki, though instead of chasing her, Shiki froze in her place.

“She knew about my Number collection? But how?”

­-Ten Minutes Later-

[Shiki]

“Okay, packing is done!

Now to go to that damned club!”

[Celia]

“Okay, I have finished formulating the big plan for the club during the invasion!

Now, I’ll just need to finish one more thing…”

Celia spread her deck to the table. She never understood why people really liked dueling without card sleeves, so she always covered her cards in a transparent one, enough for the Duel Disk to still be able to read it.

“Heh, I guess I need to start including some Safe Zones in my deck. Or is Forbidden Lance enough?

But uh, I think I do need to run more traps, as my losses so far are due to my lack of defensive cards.

But what about consistency? Should I run Upstart Goblin in conjunction to my Pot of Duality?

Oh, do I even need to construct a Side Deck? Effect Veilers and Maxx ‘C’s would be pretty hilarious, same case as Mistake. I think I’ll make it, just in case. How about-”

After finished tweaking her deck, a knock could be heard from the door. It was Shiki, looking really mad.

“Hey, hey…What happened? If I made you mad, I’m so-“

“Duel me dammit! I need to vent my seething rage on something, and beating you up physically would make the Fortune Ladies to screw our school’s fate in the upcoming invasion.”

“Oh, ok, whatever you want.”

Moments later, the two were already stood up, ready with their duel disks.

“Duel Set!”

“GO!”

---------------------------------

“I draw!

Stand up, my avatar!

I Normal Summon, Celestial Dragon of the Scarlet Jewels! Activate effect, I discard Silent Servant of the Celestials, and send Travelling Princess of the Celestials to the graveyard from my deck.

I set 2 cards and ended my turn.”

Ack, I forgot about what deck does Shiki use, so I think the set Mirror Force should be enough to deter her from pushing, and the set Safe Zone would be enough as a bluff for her to think I can answer her plays.

Meanwhile, Shiki was not amused at Celia’s plays. She was now staring at a blue bipedal dragon with a jewel adorning its head and two unknown backrows. She took another peek to her starting hand, and started to laugh.

“That’s it? That’s really it?

I felt sorry for you, I really do. But eh, thanks for the free win, I guess.”

She drew her card, and raised it up in the air.

“A place fitting for the Noble! Field change tactics, Madolche Chateau!”

The arena changed into a castle complex made of desserts. Despite its mouthwatering appearance, Celia started to panic as to what this actually implied.

Shit! I should’ve put Fiendish Chains and Veilers here! I hope she didn’t open with that combination of cards…

“I summon, Madolche Mewfeuille! Respond?” Celia shook her head, and Shiki continued with her play.

“Mew’s effect, I summon Madolche Angelly from my hand, and immediately use its effect to tribute itself and summon Madolche Hootcake from my deck!”

Oh crap.

“Hootcake’s effect! I banish Madolche Angelly from my graveyard to Special Summon Madolche Messengelato from my deck! Messengelato’s effect! Since I have 2 Beast-type Madolches on my side of the field, I get to search Madolche Ticket from my deck.

Xyz Summon! The duchess of breads and pain! I overlay Madolche Mewfeuille and Hootcake to summon the magnificent, Madolche Duchess Regaloaf!”

The cat and the owl turned into spheres of light, and the gate to the castle was opened, revealing a young, blonde woman with dresses and bread wings. Even though Celia was losing, she couldn’t help herself but giggle at the sight.

“Hey, stop mocking my avatar! I’ll show you pain!
Regaloaf’s effect! I detach 2 Xyz materials on her summoning, and special summon Madolche Tartcher from my deck to my side of the field! Regaloaf’s second effect!

I shuffle Madolche Magileine from my hand into my deck to shuffle your ugly dragon back to your deck!”

The young royalty pointed her finger at Celia’s dragon, which turned into a crude drawing before disappearing.

“Madolche Ticket’s effect! Since a Madolche is shuffled into the deck, I Special Summon Madolche Marmalmaid from my deck in defense position!

Now, this is the final judgment! I overlay Madolche Marmalmaid and Madolche Tartcher!

From the sweetness of her kingdom, the Queen has arrived! Bow down to her majesty!
Xyz Summon, my avatar! Madolche Queen Tiaramisu!”

An older looking woman who was dressed in black and wore a tiara appeared in front of the defenseless Celia.

“Now, with the order of the queen, you are sentenced to death by diabetes!

Enjoy~”

----

It was quite a short duel, which was pretty unenjoyable for Celia, though it seemed that it managed to blow some steam off Shiki, which seemed to look friendlier after the match.

“Satisfied?”

Damn, that was tiring. I didn’t even get a chance to attack, but waiting for her to just finish me off is really a pain.

“..Well, yeah.”

“Though, what’s actually bothering you? You seem to be quite mad when you arrived here.”

“Why am I mad?

WHY AM I MAD?

YOU PEEKED WHILE I WAS TAKING A BATH, KNEW ABOUT MY DEEPLY BURIED SECRET SOMEHOW, AND WASTED MY TIME FOR MEANINGLESS CHATTER AND YOU STILL ASK WHY AM I MAD?”

Shiki’s anger resurfaced, but Celia’s reaction was more surprised than the other expected reaction.

“Wait what.”

“Wait what?”

“How could I be there if I am here for the last 20 minutes? Just ask the janitor, who should still be in the room besides this one. “

Though I did peek at you in the other times~

But definitely not this time dammit!

“Uhhh

Then, if you are here, then who was that girl?”

“I thought you’d be the one with the theory about it?

But enough talk; now please help me prepare the room for when the other ’members’ are here, then we can start our briefing.”

Dammit, Shiki belongs to me and me alone!

I won’t let another person takes her!

If I find this person….

Shiki was still visibly confused by the turn of events, but in the end she decided to help Celia anyways.

Oh yeah, one more thing.

Celia activated her duel disk’s communication feature, and after putting in some numbers, she recorded a message on it.

Greetings all.

You might wonder why the hell I have your contact information.

But eh, just come to the Esoterica Club HQ for a short briefing regarding the upcoming invasion.

The more, the merrier~

Celia sighed for a while, before putting in a different set of numbers.

Oh, hi Diana.

I guess it’s now time for us to start the briefing about the upcoming invasion.

Though, I’ll definitely need your help to develop further strategies

Please come with the other members of your club~

“Now, what’s left is to wait.”

-------

Diana and the other members of the Fortune Reading Club hadn't much moved since they'd talked to Celia, mostly playing cards waiting for her to call them, so when they finally did receive the call it was easy for them to get to the Esoterica Club room quickly.

Diana first walked up to Celia ready to give the briefing with her while the other members of her club filled into desks. 

"So... ahh... our club didn't exactly receive a briefing," Diana admitted sheepishly, "but I do know most of the details, so I can help if you like? Also since we are from two different clubs perhaps we should introduce ourselves to each other? You know to better get to know each other so we can work together better. Even if we develop a great plan it won't go off without a hitch if we can't work in sync, but I know we can do it."

Diana said this with an only semi-encouraging thumbs up, but her smile remained that same shy, sheepish smile as if she had no idea what she was doing or were she was, despite the fact that she had proved her mettle multiple times as a leader.

"We'll just have to see about that," replied Cordelia, before turning away from Miki. She was just about to leave when Nathian appeared and gave everyone a lowdown of the situation. Apparently the Fudo Academy had missiles and stuff waiting for just the occasion. Those guys must have really wanted to protect their Shooting Quasar Dragon, but it was going to end up in Cordelia's hands, one way or another. Still...

"Yeah... all of a sudden I feel under-equipped," Cordelia told Nathian, "I may have to go into my locker and get a few things before we leave for Fudo Academy and embark on this mission. Will we need much, or will we be given everything we need on the way there?"

Down in the depths of the Academy, near the Boiler Room, lay a special combination gym-dojo shared by the Martial Arts Club, the Boxing Team, the Kendo Team, and a few other sports-related groups. The intense heat from the pipes and the proximity to the boiler also allowed for a sauna to be located there, but the heat was the main motivator for those in that pit of despair to work off their energy, and be the best that they can. The only way in between this gym and the rest of the school was a single service elevator, whose sole key not in the possession of the faculty or staff was constantly fought over by the assorted Presidents and Captains in charge of the academics down here. Whoever possessed that key would not have to climb up and down the many, many flights of stairs before and after a workout. They could ride in air-conditioned comfort, as well as the members of their club. They would be able to transport gear to the gym, and even take it away. That key was the singlemost important object in this abysmal locale, in this infernal realm of sweat, steam, and heat.

And Naoki Saotome, President of the Martial Arts Club, reached down to yank it from neck of the Boxing Team peon he had just defeated.

The Captain of the Boxing Club had been clever to give a random rotation of the key to those who were on the team. After all, his enemies wouldn't be able to find it unless they confronted every single member, and bested them, and who could best the entire Boxing Team simultaneously?
One quick series of duels had shown everyone else down there that, if anyone could do it, it was the long-haired young man whose monsters had just dematerialized. In a brutal onslaught, Naoki was able to stay on top of his foes, and retaliate against every single one of their Battlin' Boxer Lead Yokes. The gladiator-like bruisers were no match for his Leader Flame Star King - Soko, who simply negated their effects with his authority under heaven, rendering their mighty restrained power utterly useless.

And that is why Naoki now walked calmly to the elevator, seething that his long-awaited victory had to be so bittersweet. He was unable to hear the call to arms, but was running late regardless, and, as he turned the brass key into the elevator's slot to summon it, he would be arriving at the meeting of his peers late and sweaty, despite the advantage of the elevator. He wanted to punch the wall of the elevator car so badly, but he restrained himself, the soothing fan of the elevator starting to calm him down. He could quickly change, get made presentable, and arrive with only a bit of tardiness. These meetings usually started later than they were supposed to anyways, with people filing in at their own pace. Naoki reassured himself in the car, practicing breathing exercises, so that, when the car stopped and opened, he could leap into action and make a dash for his homeroom to grab his things, then find a restroom to change in. He hoped he wouldn't be TOO late...

Greetings student body this is your humble security system Muse. Your mission should you choose to accept it is the invasion and capture of Fudo Academy located in Kansai. Our research shows, that located in Kansai is the legendary Signer Dragon: Shooting Quasar Dragon. The following clubs will lead the assault on the frontline: The Health and Fitness Club, Martial Arts Club, Kendo Team, Boxing Team, and Number's Club. The purpose of these clubs is to clear a path for the strike team. The Strike Team shall be composed of the following clubs and organizations: The Mythology Research Club, Esoterica Club, Astrology Club, and drama club. The strike team is responsible for ensuring the the safe passage for the members of the Signer Club to the lower levels of Fudo Academy. There the Signer Club will capture the signature creature and therefore will lead to the successful capture and assimilation of Fudo Academy. Good luck young students.

The message had been relayed through the both of Drey and Adel's dueldisks, which had been stached away in their rucksacks. "Dat's what we're after? A stinking Signer Dragon? We have millions of the damn things, I don't dink we need anymore" Drey grumbled.

For some time as he spoke a frustration vein was forming along Adel's browline, and she just couldn't take it anymore. "Why do you keep talking like that?" she roared.

"Like what?"

"Like how you can't pronounce a t at the beginning of a word. It's all dis and dat with you. Why can't you enunciate? For christ's sakes!" she cried.

Drey snorted as he picked up his rucksack. "It's just my charm, something you could use" he said derisively and walked off.

Adel's grip on her water bottle had never been tighter, and she was tempted to throw it at his head; oh yes, she would do that. And be spot on too. But either out of platonic love or just self-delusions she ignored the desire and followed him; the both of them making their way to join the other heads in the Student Council office.

With the club's supervisor in the room, and other students slowly wandering in, Ren gave a half-heated, "Sure" before waiting for the rest to arrive. A few minutes later, once the rest of the club had arrived, he stood up, beginning the meeting.

"So, everyone's now heard about what's happening tonight. As the club's leader-A couple of laughs were heard around the room, interrupting him as he said that. In response, he just glared to get them to quite down before starting again.

"Like I was saying, as the leader of this club, I've been given the responsibility of informing you guys of the battle plan. The general idea is to have the physical clubs, such as the Kendo club, attacking first to break through the lines. Once we have a gap, our club will work alongside a few of the other similar clubs for the next part, the Drama Club, the Astrology club and of course, our weird cousin the Esoterica Club. Our job will be to ensure the safe passage of the Signer Club through the school so as they can obtain Shooting Quasar Dragon, the overall goal of this trip. To do that, we'll be using our decks to summon monsters to fight against them, rather than dueling. Oh, and one more thing, please try and keep damages and injuries to a minimum, our lovely supervisor, Sangako-Sensei, would prefer to be left with as little paperwork to do before the end of this as possible." 

That finished, Ren sat back down, allowing his club time to chat among themselves while they waited for the call to meet up. Throughout the announcement, Yuki, along with the rest of the club had sat back and listened, before returning to her book, still content to read away the time until everything would begin.

Nathan quickly found an opponent to try his hands against, like Jacob had advised. The Drama Club members were really friendly when it came to the point of sparring duels, but most likely, this entire school was like that. Using his Direct Attackers and 'Robbin' Goblin', he had quickly brought his opponent into topdecking, with 1600 Life Points left. Nathan, however, was down to 650, due to his bad luck of drawing into 'Messenger of Peace' way too late. And now, the other guy sat on a 'Evilswarm Ophion' with no Materials left and two face-downs, one most likely being a 'Infestation Pandemic' he searched last turn. Nates field was composed of Wattchimera and Wattcobra, along with the two aforementioned cards, 'Robbin' Goblin' and 'Messenger of Peace'.
Using these two Monsters to attack his opponent directly, Nathan could win this duel in one go, however, he had no idea what the face-down cards may be. As a backup, he could use the 'Wattfox' he had in his hand to Summon 'Vulcan the Divine', bounce Ophion and then Summon 'High-Voltage Dragon' for game. But maybe, the other face-down was a 'Bottomless Trap Hole' and would destroy Vulcan right upon the summon, so it would be useless.
Altogether, Nathan settled for the easier way, declaring an attack with 'Wattchimera', but unfortunately, he ran straight into a 'Magic Cylinder', causing him to lose the duel.
Following his defeat, he thanked his opponent for the great duel and went to Jacob, who had also finished a duel: "Seems like bad prediction got me, as always. You have pretty stong duelists in your club."

[spoiler="Cards Used"]
Monsters: 'Wattcobra', 'Wattchimera'
Mentioned Monsters: 'Vulcan the Divine', 'Wattfox', 'High-Voltage Dragon'
Spell and Trap Cards: 'Robbin' Goblin', 'Messenger of Peace'[/spoiler]

Nantian looked at the handicapable member of the team. Oh I'm sure we'll be outfitted with the stuff that will most likely be need to jump out of a Helicopter. After that your decks will be good enough to help you get through the gauntlet of...well I don't what, but I'm sure it will be great. Now I think its time that we get's going to the hangar. Good luck to everyone. Though with all of your skill I doubt we'll need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Invasion Theme

The clubs were ready. Some were more aggressive to win than others but nevertheless it was time to actually get things going. The club members of all the schools had their decks ready and were all given mysterious jetpacks in case of the unfortunate event that helicopters get attacked during the journey. Nelly decided that a leader must lead in the front so he chose to ride in the same helicopter as the Health and Fitness club. Nantian took the front of the Signer clubs helicopter, Ringo in front of the the Numbers, etc etc. The massive hangar doors opened and the massive fleet of helicopters took off and headed for Kansai. The helicopters took to the sky and the students were coming with great purpose. Nelly was intense and focused. THE INVASION HAS BEGUN

While flying through the air it seemed as if everything was going smooth. The Tatsunagi invasion force was flying smoothly. A melodic voice rang over all of the intercoms in the helicopters. We are now entering Kansai air space. We are expected to arrive at Fudo Academy within ten minutes please ready your decks and prepare for landing. Nelly was focus and determined, but it seemed that of course things were not going to go as smoothly as he had hoped. What happened next was definitely foreboding. Out of nowhere there seemed to be nothing but dark clouds. Nelly looked out side to wonder what this phenomenon was but when he did he noticed that those weren't clouds that were coming it was a major murder of crows. It seemed that the Kansai kids came prepared for the Tatsunagi invasion force. Like clock work Muse was already signaling all of the students about a change of plans.

Multiple fighters inbound. Students please fasten your seatbelt as we shall proceed to change course. Our ne....Muse could not even finish her message before Nelly quickly interrupted. All students of Tatsunagi Academy, hear my words! WE ARE NOT BACKING DOWN TO THEM! The enemy is using a vision system that is field based. We are now in their field meaning their monsters will inflict real damage to us. That being said your duel disk from Tatsunagi Academy has the same technology meaning you can counteract and fight back. We shall jump from the helicopters and our jetpacks are already programmed to take us to Fudo Academy steps. We will still follow formation so let us begin our counterattack! ONWARD TO GLORY!!! 

With that Nelly opened one of the side doors to his helicopter and he immediately jumped out into the air. Instantly his jetpack kicked in and he was flying directly into the murder. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luckily the Signer club had enough members to get their own helicopter and it made sense since they were the whole linchpin to this operation. Nantian heard the words of his leader across the intercom and started chuckling. When did high school become this complicated? And when did where do we get the funding to have jetpacks? Alright guys you heard the man, we're going full steam ahead. Nantian opened his helicopter's side door. And started yelling. Alright just follow my lead and we'll be through with this by dinner. HAHAHA he laughed as made his jump. While he was in midair he could see that the crows had begun to attack the other helicopters and that hidden in the murder there were significantly larger birds. 

Oh I see...That's their game is it? Fine then. I SUMMON JEWELED RED DRAGON ARCHFIEND!! RAIN FIRE ON THESE CHICKENS!! The massive dragon started breathing fire in the direction of some crows and then several explosions were heard. Really Blackwings hidden in a murder of crows. Ugh these guys are not really original here. Students from various clubs started making the jumps and summoning their own monsters and fighting the good fight. With momentum building up he decided it was best to use his giant dragon as a beacon and lead the strike team to the desired location so he kept going downward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ringo was oddly motivated by Nelly's words. She wanted to use him as an example for the vast amounts of Number users in the club so she was immediately ready to give a follow-up speech for her group. WE CAN DOO THIS!! She said out loud in a very mousy voice. I know I am the youngest one here, but I know for sure that we can handle this! I will lead us to victory. All we have to do is give our forces a safe place to retreat to when they are done so let us get out there and slay some enemies. With that Ringo jumped out of the helicopter and proceeded to fly directly into the enemy monsters.

In the name of Tatsunagi Academy I will not lose here! I summon NUMBER 39: EMPEROR OF HOPE UTOPIA!!! From behind Ringo the flying creature made its way directly into battle with the enemy blackwings. I said I wouldn't lose! Ringo was using her monster to scare away the enemy as other members of the club went to clear the area. She was about to go deeper in the enemy murder until a bunch of flaming fist came in the way. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to the forces of irony and humor the Boxing team and the Martial Arts club were riding the same helicopter. The tension in the craft was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Temporary Boxing team club captain and token exchange student, Navy Ali, was busy trying not to deliver an unhealthy thrashing to Martial Arts club president Naoki. They were pretty much just sitting across from each other making nothing but angry glares. It was then that Naoki's message was blasted  in that particular helicopter and Navy immediately jumped to attention. Then he made a cocky smile towards Naoki. Oh would you look at that, the real fighting is about to get started. Maybe y'all can sit still and meditate and do some yelling while we do all the real work. Come on guys! 

Like clockwork the Boxing team all jumped out of the helicopter summoning Leadyokes and other Burning Knucklers to thrash the enemy. Except Navy had two more unique monsters in his arsenal. Just keep on punching! Come out Number 105 Burning Knuckler Star Cestus and Number 79: Burning Knuckler Nova Caesar!! Just then the two monsters came next to him and started to punch away the enemy. BURSTING MACHINE GUN PUNCH! The two creatures then shot hundreds of flaming fist around Ringo and he flew next to her. 

Its a lot of crows but not too many blackwings. Meaning its probably just a couple of people doing this. The boxing team can handle them you take the rest of the group and go on forward. Ringo nodded as she had Utopia motion the rest of the ground assault force to proceed to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[spoiler: Kansai Stage 1]

Minus the obvious Euro-centric backdrop

Zombie_Apocalypse_by_geodex.jpg

[/spoiler]

The group landed exactly 50 meters away from the actual building of Fudo Academy. All they needed to was survive this seemingly unhealthy gauntlet of....well Zombies! This was obviously some type of trick and Ringo could tell that there were some zombie type monsters mixed in with the regular zombies. Ringo and Utopia readied themselves for combat but from behind Nelly quietly landed his jetpack with his army of students. THE TARGET IS NOW INSIGHT! Arm yourselves with monster and proceed onward...Nelly slammed a card directly on his duel disk and from behind came the Great Daiyusha...TONIGHT WE DINE ON THE FLESH OF A DRAGON!!!! Daiyusha turned around and with a windscar like slash cleared a line directly to Fudo Academy. In that clear path the students would clearly see Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend and Nantian flying with utmost speed assuming that the rest of the Strike Team would follow. 

LEAVE NONE STANDING!!

Cedric found himself sitting in the back of a helicopter, itself sitting within the hangar. Having been the president of the oh-so-crucial debate team, he decided to skip the Numbers Club meeting that day. Even so, he was now sitting in their helicopter. He made a brief argument that the Debate Club deserved their own, but quickly dropped the idea when he realized that it could jeopardize his extra hour of rest each day. Sighing, he thumbed through his deck slowly, more for the purpose of passing idle time than anything else, waiting for the attack to start.

Hearing an incredibly loud squeal that seemed to placed at just the right frequency to cause an ache within his ears, he glanced up. Frowning slightly, he saw that a young girl had entered the helicopter as well. She was younger than him, with pink hair and a white tuft in front. Her name was Hannah Williams, and he utterly despised her. Everything about her managed to grind his gears, from her optimistic personality to her genetically impossible hair color. Sighing, he made the oh-so-great effort to address her.

"You made the noise again... What is it this time, Hannah..?"

Hannah blinked, turning around and seeing Cedric. She had known him for quite some time, and in her humble opinion, they were quite close friends. As a matter of fact, she was convinced that he was madly in love with her. It made complete sense to her, considering that she caught him release a sigh of utter bliss at nearly every thing that she ever did. Raising an eyebrow at him flirtatiously, she giggled, raising her hand in front of her mouth, trying to appear as adorable as she possibly could so as to tease him.

"What is it? What do you mean what is it? I am excited for the invasion! Aren't you excited? Of course you are excited! Why wouldn't you be excited? I mean, you are such a great duelist, almost as good as me! This is the perfect chance for you to show everyone your skills! You aren't nervous, are you? Just because you aren't as good as me doesn't mean you need to feel bad! I will help you! There is passion in you, I see it when you duel! It is like a little flame, like a pilot light in a stove! We just need to turn on the gas and it will ignite! Oh dear... did I leave the stove on..? I would hate to crush this place and take that Stooping Quail Dragon of theirs only to return to a burnt down school! Although burnt quail does sound quite good, doesn't it? I'll tell you what, after we get back I will cook you some quail while we talk about how good I - I mean we - did in the invasion! But how will we do this if it is all burnt down? This is terrible! The school is going to be destroyed because of me! If we don't have a school, where are we going to keep the Stooping Quail Dragon? This whole invasion is for nothing! All hope is lost, for Quail Dragons and quail dinners alike! What are we going to do, Cedric? I have destroyed the school! I have ruined everything! I can't duel my way out of this, no matter how good I am! And the worst part is that we won't be able to have that dinner! I was looking forward to it, it already sounds so delicious... The seasoning, a bit of pepper, a bit of garlic, and maybe 21 more herbs and spices! It would be amazing!!! How could I have done this? I have deprived us of the most amazing together-moment that we could ever possibly forget, just because I left the oven on! Are you even listening to me anymore? Or are you just assuming that I am rambling about some random nonsense that hardly even pertains to the current events? Answer me!"

Cedric simply sat there, yawning as she spoke on and on, vaguely wondering how she could keep going with taking a single breath.

"We don't have ovens."

At this amazing revelation, Hannah sighed a massive sigh of relief, tears of wonderful joy beginning to well up in her eyes.

"We... don't have ovens? Do you know what that means, Cedric? It means that the school won't burn down! And if the school doesn't burn down, then we can still have that meal that I knew you were looking forward to so greatly! Don't try to hide it! I know that eating a meal with me is stuck on your mind. I mean, why wouldn't it be? You have been wanting to get to know me personally ever since we met, and this is the perfect chance! I am so excited, aren't you? Of course you are! And then we can talk while the quail is in... the... oven..."

Her tiringly long speech ended prematurely, Hannah stood in place, her mouth still open as if it were trying to form a word but couldn't manage to. For once in her life, she was speechless. Her left eye twitched slightly, and she took a breath to speak again, but before she could say anything further, the helicopter took off. Spinning around and looking over Ringo's shoulder, she gazed out of the front window, watching in amazement as the hangar door opens, the helicopters flying out through the passage. Once again, she found herself squealing with excitement, grinning maniacally. Rushing to the side opening of the craft, she tightly grasped the inner handle with one fist, leaning a good three feet outside of the helicopter. She gazed in amazement, then narrowed her eyes as she saw something in the distance, that appeared to be a cloud. Her eyes quickly widened, however, when she realized that it was not a typical cloud. It was alive.

And it did not look happy.

Miki

Sitting next to Nantian in the Signer Club's Helicopter, Miki found himself distracted by all the switches and buttons aboard it. The Signer Club's helicopter is easily the most advanced compared to the other ones, with thicker armor plating and more weapons to keep the members safe. He could barely await the moment the hangar doors open and the helicopter take flight, signalling the beginning of the conquest. In the meantime, he kept himself busy by repeatedly trying to press buttons (despite the fact that he was specifically told not to touch anything) or by sorting through his deck, making sure it's as good as it can possibly be. Raiza, Caius, Kuraz, Mobius, Thestalos, Granmarg, Zaborg and Delg. The Eight Monarchs, the main players of Miki's deck.

With a loud wailing siren, the hangar doors opened and the swarm of helicopters took to sky. It was quite a spectacle for the rest of the student body who didn't participate. The first few moments of the flight went smoothly. Air conditions were favorable, no enemies at sight, and so on. Then the intercom rang, saying that the fleet has entered Kansai airspace. At this point, Miki was too excited that he could barely sit anymore. He stood near the helicopter's door with his jetpack armed, seemingly ready to jump off any second. He peered through the window to see what was going on. ...And it wasn't pretty. What seemed to be a cloud wasn't a cloud at all, and the violent jerking of helicopter to the other side seemed to confirmed it.

"Multiple fighters inbound!" Miki could hear the Muse system say. The threat didn't faze him at all, and instead only seemed to encourage him. Now with a smile bordering between psychotic and innocent, Miki prepared his duel disk and placed a card on it.

[font='courier new']"The trees entangle their arms and stretch outward to the sky,[/font]

[font='courier new']The budding leaves devour light, adding depth to the forest's darkness,[/font]

[font='courier new']Tonight is the night the hunter will be the hunted,[/font]

[font='courier new']This is the Sleeping Forest." [/font]With the chant done, Miki's duel disk began to glow, causing a large thorn to extend from the helicopter and pierce through one of the Kansai School's planes. "If you wanna take me down, you better bring a Gundam! [font='courier new']Let's go, you bastards!" [/font]

The time for war has arrived.

"Whoa! So you use Watts, huh? I used to love Thunder Types!" Jacob replied with much amazement. "You're pretty good.." He said as he soon got a message to get his club to start boarding on the helicopters that would bring him to the other school. "Alright, here we go, guys!" Jacob replied with much excitement as the other members cheered and wishing each other luck. "You're welcome here in the Drama Club! Once we get to the helicopter, feel free to sit wherever you want!" Jacob replied as he grabbed his Duel Disk, made sure his deck was still in its box, and ran out of the room, leaving his backpack lying on the floor under the table where the sign-up sheets were.

---

The entire Drama Club made it to one of the helicopters, and they all went flying into the sky with the rest of the fleet. They soon made it to the other school, and as many others put it, War has begun. "You can follow me if you want, Nathan once me land!" He soon said as he saw a huge, dark cloud like the others did. It was a huge mess, and it seemed to have an ominous effect on Jacob. He still tried to stay confident, but his tone slightly changed. "Be ready. We need to be prepared for anything. Make sure you guys have your Duel Disks on and your decks ready."

"Yeah, I guess that'd be nice.

Anyway, let me introduce myself properly now.

My name is Celia St-Michaelis, and my girlf-I mean this lady here-"

"Hey! I'll introduce myself!

Oh yeah, I'm Shiki Kazami. Nice to meetcha!"

"So, let us now proceed with the briefing."

The briefing was quite short, as only a few other person aside from the Fortune-Reading club that appeared. Not long after that, all of them was instructed to board the helicopters and start the Kansai Invasion.

---------------

"...Zombies? I wonder how they summoned those.."

"Maybe they has gotten ahold of the Book of Life?"

"Shut up."

"Wait, since when you're here?"

"...That's not important."

------

"Tch, Zombie World made my Messengelato useless..WHO CARES.

Xyz Summon! Arise from the ocean's depth, Abyss Dweller!"

A bluish dragon appeared in front of Shiki, ready to devour the zombies in front of her. The binding aura that the dragon emanates prevented the zombies from reviving, and leaving it behind, the Esoterica Club ++ proceeded forward.

"Heh, I guess I need to start summoning my monster now.

Stand Up! The cast-away princess of heaven!

Normal Summon, Earthly Celestial of the Material Realm!"

Like a speeding bullet, a figure fell down from the sky at ridiculous speed, creating a crater in her wake. The monster smiled a bit, before cutting her way through the zombies, making way for Celia and others to proceed.

-----

"Really? Thank you, but I don't think I am that good. I lost, you know. But at least I am trying to be no deathweight," he said the last thing laughing, as he wasn't completely serious about it. Maybe he was deadweight, maybe he wasn't, they would all see once they took the battlefield.

When the Drama Club boarded the Helicopter, Nathan took a seat near Jacob and listened him speaking, while he readied his equipment and when they exited, he followed his club leader onto the battlefield.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, these guys look sick. Shoudn't we help them?" Nathan asked Jacob unsecure, while watching the hordes of Zombies lurching their direction. However, when he saw that several other duelist from their school had already started their assault, both in sky and on the ground, he decided to do so too.

"Hear me, Beast of the Sparks, I need your help! 'Wattchimera'!" Nate's comic-ish Lion-Bird-Snake-Hybrid took place on the battlefield and let out a deep growl. However, once it placed its feet on the ground, its body seemed to change, until it resembled a torn apart and partly rotten version of its former self. He had no idea how this was possible, the only thing he knew, was, that it wasn't good. There were only two possiblitys how this could have been done. Either, the Field Spell 'Zombie World' was in play or the Door to hell was opened again and the souls of the dead were now taking over all living Monsters to build up an army and destroy all life on the planet. But the former one was the more logical. And if that was the case, then Nathan had the perfect fighter at hand. But first, he placed a second Synchro Monster on the field, 'Vulcan the Divine', which also turned into a Zombie by whatever effect might be in play. Then he continued: "I overlay 'Wattchimera' and 'Vulcan the Divine'! Tormenting Thunder, Rioting Lightnings, call upon the Dragon you gave birth too! Xyz Summon, 'High-Voltage Dragon'."

When Nathans Monster, a metallic dragon, with three tails, wings and red glowing eyes, exited the red-spiral portal, some lightnings were jolting across the sky and Nathan hoped that they wouldn't bother the Aerial Combat Teams and cursed himself for not thinking about that. But this doubts quickly vanished when his Monster rose upon the battlefield, its Spell-immunity leaving it completely unharmed by the effects of Zombie World. Nathan grinned and ordered his strongest Monster to attack, which fired a blast of pure electricity from its mouth and blasted a few Zombies away.

[spoiler="Monsters Used"]
Monsters: 'Wattchimera', 'Vulcan the Divine', 'High-Voltage Dragon'[/spoiler]

Being in a helicopter was exhilarating, if not frightening. Deneva, though he was fascinated and had a brilliantly broad smile while looking out the viewing windows, her hands clasped the arm rests of her seat.

We are now entering Kansai air space. We are expected to arrive at Fudo Academy within ten minutes please ready your decks and prepare for landing, Muse stated. Deneva looked forward now, her face now stern with determination. Retrieving her deck box, she rifled through her cards, ensuring none was out of place, and that the deck as a whole was prepped for optimum performance. She wanted to show everyone, not just Muhammad, that she was a skilled duelist and that she would achieve victory for her school, no matter how slight or small. This is our first chance. We'll rock them.

Multiple fighters inbound. Students please fasten your seatbelt as we shall proceed to change course. Our ne- Muse was cutoff and Muhammad began a short speech. It was completely moral boosting, and simply said: We're gonna win this. Their dragon is ours. Deneva looked out the glass, a moving cloud was in their way. Squinting her eyes, she recognized that it was crows and monsters known as Blackwings. The enemy anticipated them, sending out some aerial combatants. Students were dropping down from the other heli's, summoning creatures, beginning the fight. Deneva wanted to join in, and she wanted to now. She quickly thought through her creatures, and immediately knew what card she could use. Opening the door, Deneva looked back to the other passengers with an attractive smirk. "C'mon, guys. You wanna get somewhere?" She dropped into the sky and placed a monster card on her edgy, sharp styled duel disk. "Claymore Miata!" Next to her, a pale woman with long blonde hair appeared, brandishing silver armor and a large sword. "Now awaken, Miata!" Activating a Quick-play Spell, 'Awakening!', Deneva sent the monster card to her Graveyard, and pulled out a monster from her Extra Deck, slamming the Fusion Monster Card onto the duel disk. The woman's eyes became bright gold and she screamed, her body metamorphosing into a completely new being. It resembled a gigantic serpent with numerous feathered wings, its face split into three teeth filled jaws. A feminine embodiment adorned the head, and with her jet pack, Deneva maneuvered herself onto the beast's head, holding into the humanoid body.

Being many times their size, the serpent soared through the flock of crows and Blackwings, easily taking out numerous of the birds. Alright, once I've cleared a good amount of these birds, I'll join the ground force.

"Right! Let's do this, Nathan!" He said as his duel disk extended from its offline position. It turned on, and Jacob drew 6 cards in response to what Nathan did. "I activate Green Dragon Ritual! By Sending Emerald Dragon Youth to the Graveyard, I Ritual Summon the legendary EMERALD DRAGON!" He said as his card glowed green as be placed it on his Duel Disk. Then a giant shining green dragon flew onto the field as a green meteor, and landed, showing his true power with a burst of green light shooting from its mouth. "Next, I equip Tribal Dragon Mark onto Emerald Dragon, allowing him to gain 1000 DEF!" He said as Emerald Dragon's emerald scales grew tougher. "Next, I set my last 2 cards." He said as he turned to Nathan. "Don't think I'm weak just because I don't attack. Our opponent won't be able to Special Summon, or activate Monster Effects or Spells as long as Emerald Dragon has a decent amount of Defense."

[spoiler='Current Cards']----Emerald Dragon (LV 6, ATK 1000/DEF 3500)
-Equipped with Tribal Dragon Mark

2 Set Cards (Lightspeed Emerald and Combined Defense Force)

[/spoiler]

Miki

The air was turning into a battlefield real quick. Starting with the activation of Miki's "Sleeping Forest", the rest of the invasion force have activated their cards and leaped out of the helicopter to battle at the ground and open up a path for the Signer Club to advance safely. Despite all logic telling him not to jump out and join in, Miki couldn't resist painting the sky red with crow blood, and he became the first of the Signers to jump out and join the battle down at the ground. As he plummeted through the sky at an amazing speed, Miki placed two more cards on his duel disk. "Take this, weakly birds! Caius!"  A large humanoid appeared behind Miki,encased in jet-black armor. Caius created a huge sphere that sucked in several birds before it disappeared. Before he could hit the ground though, he activated his jetpack and landed nimbly on one foot, but with Sleeping Forest still active, and with several extra deck monsters being summoned from pretty much every duelist in the attack force, several large thorns emerged from the ground, impaling through multiple Zombies and creating a wall of thorns around the general vicinity where Miki landed.

"Zombie World, huh? Man, what a drag. And it seems like I can't destroy it with Mobius, either... Guess I'll just push forward with everyone, then." Miki showed a huge grin and placed 5 cards on his duel disk. "Caius! Kuraz! Raiza! Zaborg! Thestalos! We are the rulers of this world, decomposing trash like you should just stay inside inside a TV show!" From his disk, out comes 5 equally large humanoids encased in armor. Despite the effects of Zombie World, each of the Monarchs are encased in armor, so they show little to no decomposition. And, of course, since they are Monarchs, they immediately created a huge scene when they arrived. Caius sucked away several unlucky mooks, same with Kuraz, Raiza and the other two. Once he felt it to be safe enough, Miki left the confines of his thorn wall and rode on top of Caius toward the Fudo School main entrance, with the 5 others going to assist the rest of the force. "Now where's that Gundam I asked you to bring? Hahaha~!" With a childishly triumphant laugh, Miki walked on toward the entrance, completely ignorant of the hooded figure standing on the building's roof. 

[hr]

Harumi

Several minutes before the invading force from Tatsunagi arrived, two figures can be seen on the Fudo Academy roof. One is a fairly tall, shaggy haired male student with a long tailcoat, and the other a peculiarly dressed girl sitting down, holding her knees. With a soft, somewhat scared voice, the girl began to talk.

"Ryuusei, is this okay? I mean, Tatsunagi is vastly superior to us in every way, are you still intent on fighting them?"

"I.. I don't know. Like it or not, today will be a day where our names be etched in history." 

The two people are the Fudo Academy's Student Council President, Ryuusei Takamichi, and his devoted follower, Harumi Kigane. The two will be central players in the upcoming invasion.

"However it goes, are you sure it's safe not to give the Shooting Quasar to anyone from the Signer Club? Just leaving it inside the school seems somewhat reckless.." 

"That's what I hope they'll think. For now, just act like you have it. I'll do it as well. Make sure nobody figures out it's location until the last possible moment. Also... This'll be war. No holding back, feel free to kill anyone that you can." 

"I'll do everything you say." Harumi stood up and nodded in agreement, as the helicopters from Tatsunagi appeared in the horizon and the thousands of crows being launched from the school in retaliation. As Harumi mumbled some words in Latin (actually Catholic Prayers) to prepare for the upcoming fight, Ryuusei left the roof and headed inside the school building to take care of some final preparations. 

What happened next, was, as they say, history. The flock of crows was easily taken down by the Tatsunagi students, and the horde of Zombies in the ground was quickly defeated by the seemingly unending supply of monsters Tatsunagi have. As she looked on the chaos in a somewhat sad look, she saw a what appears to be a girl(?) landing on the ground and creating massive walls of thorns, similar to the ones produced by her own "Black Garden". "Is that..? Black Garden? But that's my card,  how can she possess something like that?" Harumi shook her head in disbelief, but soon came to terms that someone with the same abilities as her exist. When she saw that the girl(?) was becoming somewhat of a threat and is headed her way, Harumi put on her hoodie and placed a card on her pink duel disk.

Miki x Harumi - Bloodied Thorns and Thrones

"Now where's that Gundam I asked you to bring? Hahaha~!"

"Ask, and you shall receive." The card Harumi placed was, obviously, "Black Garden". Upon it's activation, a large thorn appeared from the bottom of the ground and dragged Caius through the ground, causing Miki to fall off his mount. Harumi, seeing an opportunity, leaped at the falling Miki to try and slice his head off with a thorn-like dagger in her hand. "One stayed up too long and then there were none." After what appears to be a clean cut on Miki's throat, the two landed. MIki fell flat on his back, while Harumi landed with a graceful forward roll. 

"Whoa, that was close." Miki stood up almost immediately, seemingly unscathed from Harumi's attack. Unsurprisingly, she was visibly surprised to see her target stand up without any clear damage. "If I didn't perform a back roll at the last moment, I'd be a goner." Miki said, clutching at his throat to mock his enemy. "Still, that thorn from the ground surprised me. Who are you, and why do you have my 'Sleeping Forest'"? 

Harumi spat at the ground and replied to Miki's question with a piercing glare through her purple, cross-shaped eyes. 

"....The thorns entangle their arms and stretch outward to the sky"

"What?!" Miki's eyes widened in disbelief when he heard his opponent utter his signature chant for Sleeping Forest.

"The budding roses devour hope, adding depth to the forest's despair,

Tonight is the night the hunted will be the hunter,

This is the Black Garden."

With the last sentence of the chant completed, a large explosion of magical energy below Harumi's legs, and from it extends multiple sharp thorns toward Miki, who was saved from certain death by his own thorns. 

"Who... Are you?" Miki dropped his usual playful tone and displayed a face somewhere between disbelief and total seriousness.

"I'm disposable goods. Nothing more. Now then, Ms. Hunter, shall we play a game?!" Harumi's answer was followed by a somewhat terrifying slasher smile as she placed a Synchro Monster on her Duel Disk. "First of all, Lunate Elf" As the thorns around them start to subside, a scantily clad elf appeared beside Harumi, who almost immediately lunged at a still shocked Miki, who countered just in time by re-summoning Caius to shield him from the attack. "I've eased up the rules of the Black Garden for us so we can have some fun. Your monsters won't be turned to roses, so we're free to kill each other." 

"Fun? Gimme a break... It's no fun if I don't win!" Miki decided to place figuring out his opponent's identity later so he can focus on the current fight. Only a few meters away from the school entrance, the first true fight starts to begin, between two signers linked by the same Dragon, and bound by different, yet still entwining, thorns. 

---

Elsewhere on the field, the effects of Black Garden is starting to show as several monsters (and zombies) are tangled up by thorns, causing them to shrink and lose half its ATK, all the while red roses are blooming across the field. Sleeping Forest's effect is still active as well, with each extra deck and high-leveled monster summoned adding to its Inorganic Counters to prepare for its next big attack. 

[spoiler=Custom Cards Used]

Miki: Sleeping Forest. (Effect can be seen in the character's app in the first page)

Harumi: [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/299377-may-become-an-archetype-toyo-single/]Lunate Elf[/url]

[/spoiler]

Xenoblade Chronicles OST ~ Unfinished Battle

The helicopter touched down...and out went the different Clubs. Cyan smirked as he fitted Arcobaleno in the duel disk, as he jumped out, activating the duel disk. "Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus! C'mon out!" he said as he summoned the first Crystal Beast, before landing on his back, as the two made their descent. From his position, he saw the other students bring forth their monsters...one standing out the most to him: Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend. The massive dragon was part of the strike team...but then again...he was too on the count of being part of the Astrology Club.

Meaning he'd have to get through this stuff as part of the Numbers Club fast.

"Amber Mammoth! Amethyst Cat! Topaz Tiger! I need you guys to help out too!" Cyan said, as three more Crystal Beasts appeared, as he even placed another in the Spell/Trap Zone, as was Pegasus' effect. That's 5...two more... Cyan thought, as him and his creatures touched down. "XYZ Network! Online!! Topaz! Amber!" With this, Amber Mammoth and Topaz Tiger merged and became two lights, as Cyan placed a new card on the disk. "Number 44: Sky Pegasus! Crystal Promise! Come to the battlefield, Ruby Carbuncle! And now, XYZ Network! Come forth, Number 17: Leviathan Dragon! Get ready to feel the power of the Numbers Club!" 

Her excitement for the quickly escalating battle getting the better of her, Hannah jumped out of the helicopter, prepared to wreck some of the zombies below. However, the very moment she left the cabin, she noticed a very important detail: she wasn't wearing her jetpack. 

"No! Nononononononononoooooooo!!!!!!! No no no no no no!"

Unfortunately for her, no matter how many times she shouted the word 'no,' her descent did not slow down at all. In fact, she was speeding up. Pulling out her deck, she thumbed through it as fast as she could, trying to find something that might be able to help her. Sadly, not a single monster in her deck was capable of flight, nor could any of her spells or traps assist her in any way. 

"Really? Is this how it ends for me? I don't even have time for a heroic final speech!"

Looking down, she saw the ground quickly approaching. Deciding that she would not go out screaming or crying, she clenched her teeth, forcing a grin.

"Goodbye, 7."

Prepared for her death, Hannah was met with nothing but surprise as, instead of being splattered against the undead-littered landscape, she stopped a few feet above the ground. Underneath her was what appeared to be a crude robotic scarecrow, though with many signs of damage evidently caused by the field spell. As the scarecrow shattered, she fell gently onto the ground, looking behind her to see her mostest-bestest-friend Cedric, landing on the ground softly with his jetpack.

"Cedric! You saved me! But how?!?"

Shrugging, Cedric slid a card into his graveyard: Swift Scarecrow. He calmly approached her, placing two Cyber Valley and two Turbo boosters on the field, before overlaying them into his two Number cards: Number 13: Cain's Doom, and Number 31: Abel's Doom. Not bothering with the summoning chants, he stood beside her.

"I have a plan. Want to kill some zombies?"

Hannah grinned, placing on her own duel disk 5 monsters, 3 copies of Snipe Hunter and 2 of Maximum Six. As the six-armed behemoths appeared before her, the randomizer on her duel disk activated twice, turning up the number 6 each time, placing each at 3100 attack points. Near-perfect luck: This was the advantage of being the one to hold Lucky Straight.

"I thought you would never ask! What is this plan of yours?"

"My deck is entirely defensive. I can't even attack the zombies, I can only sit back and force them to attack my Numbers. Your deck, on the other hand, is the opposite. It is full of destruction effects and powerful monsters. You kill the zombies, I will stop them from killing us."

The two had formed a quite effective combination, advancing forward beside each other,  with 13 on their left and 31 on their right. The behemoths immediately jumped forward into battle, using their  current maximum strength to smash the zombies as the devilish snipers who stood within the safe area created by the two numbers constantly shooting outward at the enemies as Hannah discarded cards, the randomizer not landing on 1 or 6 a single time. This tactic work very well at first, but in no time at all, Hannah only had a single card left in her hand, as her snipers fumbled their weapons, panicking at the low ammo remaining. Both of her Maximum Sixes had been destroyed by larger enemy monsters, such as Kasha.

"Cedric! I am running low! What now?"

Before he could answer, a large group of zombies rose from the earth, completely surrounding the two and halting their advance. Cedric showed an expression of annoyance as he saw that these zombies had no intention of attacking his Numbers, seeming to prefer the humans instead. Taking a deep breath, he placed three cards on a portion of his duel disk that was designed to represent the opponent's field. 

"Special Summon: Lava Golem."

As soon as he uttered the words, his duel disk read the cards, and around them another thing appeared to rise from the ground. This time, however, it was not zombies. Rather, it was three massive giants made of lava and stone, consuming the zombies in the process.

"Hannah. This is my last overlay. As soon as I do this, we need to get out of here. Number 31: Abel's Doom: effect activate."

His companion nodded as he removed the last material from his monster. At that instant, all three of the monstrosities surrounding them charged straight at Number 31, a spiked ball and chain rising up to meet them. The golems exploded outward, spraying lava in all directions, burning and incinerating many of the surrounding zombies. Unfortunately, as Cain and Abel had no way to destroy monsters on their own, the golems quickly began to reform, now fully capable of attacking the two.

"Okay! Now it is my turn! I activate my last card: BIG Win!? I choose the number 7!"

So as to resolve the effect, she tossed a coin to Cedric, and the two of them flipped the coins in unison. With her Number 7, her success in the coin flip was almost guaranteed, but her companion had no such assurance. 

"It is time to test our luck! We need heads!"

Sure enough, her coin landed on heads, as expected, and she quickly looked over to Cedric to see his result.

"Heads. Lets go."

"Perfect! Now, since both coins landed on heads, all of my monsters become the declared level! Now, with my three level 7 monsters, I can form the Overlay Network! Against all odds, there can always be a winning streak found, a saving hand, a Lucky Straight! Save us from our plight, Number 7!"

The Snipe Hunters formed into glowing purple spheres, quickly orbiting around each other, creating a galaxy-like portal. From the portal descended a golden pillar, striped with royal blue, with a red orb at the bottom. The pillar unfolded quickly, transforming into a vaguely humanoid creature about 7 feet tall. Its suit was adorned with purple and green stripes, and it held a cane with a seven at the top the matched the glowing seven on Hannah's shoulder.

"Now I will activate Number 7's effect! By detaching a material, I can roll two dice, and its attack becomes the higher value multiplied by 700!"

Removing a material from her monster, both of the randomizers on her duel disk activated, resulting in a 6 and a 1. Lucky Straight shone as its attack increased from 700 to 4200.

"And, since the total of the two results is 7, I can activate one of its super-powerful effects! This time, I will use the second one, special summoning one of the monsters from my graveyard! A monster that I had discarded for my Snipe Hunters! Arise, Fusilier Dragon, the Duel-Mode Beast!"

Number 7 would slam his cane on the ground, and the crust broke as from beneath them a large machine came up, covered in artillery.

"Now, Number 7, attack the Lava Golem that blocks our path!"

Her number casually walked up to the monster made up of Lava, politely nodding to it before the monster was destroyed. Hannah grabbed Cedric's wrist, pulling him up onto her Fusilier Dragon as it sped forward through the gap, toward Fudo Academy.

"Nice job, Hannah. You got us out of there."

Her face turned a bright red as she heard the blatant compliment. This was far more direct than Cedric typically was. What would she do?

"Th-thank you..."

When the thorns spread around a part of the Battlefield, Nathan was thankful that he, Jacob and the other members of Drama Club had already summoned their strong Monsters. 'High-Voltage Dragon' wouldn't bother the 'Black Garden', but Nathan did not know how the other Drama Club members would react to this. He took a short look to the side and saw the Evilswarm player he lost earlier that day, protecting his Monsters from the Field Spell with 'Infestation Pandemic'. On his other side, Jacob, their clubs leader, had his 'Emerald Dragon', that would protect the whole club from harm, at least Nate thought that that was Jacobs intend with summoning it.

"That's such a cool Monster," Nathan commented in awe, "And don't worry for not attacking. My 'High-Voltage Dragon' has enough power for two Monster and also a bit protection build into it, if you need it, just ask." He took a short look upwards, where his dragon was still floating above them. "It's time to destroy some of the Undead, isn't it? I use the effect of my dragon, strenghening its ATK by 300 points!"

"And now, 'Infernal Thunderstorm'!" The metallic dragon floating above the Drama Club fired another huge wave of pure Thunder into the Zombie crowd, shocking a big amount of monsters.

Then, Nathan set another 3 cards in his Spell and Trap Card Zone on his Duel Disk, wanting to be prepared for everything.

[spoiler="Cards Used"]
Monsters: 'High-Voltage Dragon' (ATK: 2700, originally 2400)

Traps: 'Waboku', 'Wattcancel', 'The Huge Revolution is Over' (all set)[/spoiler]

"Nice Job, Nathan!" Jacob said, but just as Nathan's turn ended, he soon saw a large bolt of lighting coming from the sky where the Winged Beasts were. It was obvious that it was only 1 Attack: Icarus Attack, coming straight towards Emerald Dragon and High Voltage Dragon. "I can't let that happen! Go, Combined Defense Force! By having Emerald Dragon lose 500 DEF, Icarus Attack is negated!" He said as the green dragon flew towards the High Voltage Dragon and extended his wings over it. The Bolt of Lightning crashed straight into Emerald Dragon, but no damage was done, and the Icarus attack was almost absorbed by Emerald Dragon's scales. The dragon then flew back towards Jacob. Jacob then drew a card. "Hm..I'll just end there. Let's beat these zombies to a pulp, Nathan!"

[spoiler='Current Cards']----Emerald Dragon (ATK 1000, DEF 3000)
--Equipped with Tribal Dragon Mark

1 Set Card (Lightspeed Emerald)
[/spoiler]

<What am I doing with my life?> These words came from the internal monologue of one of the zombified students as he shambled forward, clad in a red uniform with jeans and a white T-shirt. His messy raven-colored hair partially hid a pair of white eyes with barely any pupil or iris left. <I'm so pale.> He gave a groan of a sigh. <I should get out more. I should eat better. My posture is terrible. I should stand up straighter.> He tried to look around as he shuffled about in the mob. <People would respect me more if I stood up straighter.> Next to him, a cute girl in cheerleader's uniform missing half of her face exited from the mob to go near him, and they seemed to look into each other's eyes. <What's wrong with me? I just want to connect. Why can't I connect with people?> Then, the realization dawned on him. <Oh, right, it's because I'm dead.> Another groan-like sigh, and something similar came from the girl near him, but it sounds much more guttural thanks to her wounds. <I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I mean, we're all dead.> He looks to the zombie cheerleader. <This girl is dead.> He turned his head with a creaking to the other student next to him. <That guy is dead.> Another look spied a bifuricated torso huddled up against one side of a monument. <That guy in the corner is definitely dead.> He then directed his attention back to the front of the horde. <Jesus these guys look awful.>

Unfortunately for this particular zombie, that was the last thought that came through his zombified mind as a spectral horse made out of flames planted one of its hooves into his skull, simultaneously crushing and incinerating him instantly.

Naoki was relieved to finally be fee from that tense situation. An entire helicopter ride with the man in charge of the poor saps he beat minutes before? Not a good idea in his book. Whoever set that seating arrangement up would have some stern words, but he managed to make it out of the helicopter by leaping out, and summoning Flame Star Marquis - Hoshin using two of his other Flame Stars. Riding on the back of his Synchro Monster, a fellow Flame Star floated nearby, carried by a spectral rooster of purple flame: Steadfast Flame Star - Tokei. But Naoki was in an even more dour mod thanks to the Field Spell that surrounded the academy, turning his Beast-Warriors into Zombies, and making nearly all of his cards uesless. In fact, Hoshin and Tokei were both skeletons in tattered versions of their normal attire. In front of him was a set Flame Dance, thanks to Tokei's effect exchanging the Flame Dance - "Tenki" he got from Tokei's Special Summoning for another. He hoped that the interior of the school, which he was rapidly approaching, would lack this crippling Field, and let him actually achieve his objectives.

[spoiler=Cardex]

Flame Star Marquis - Hoshin
Steadfast Flame Star - Tokei
Flame Dance - "Tenki"

[/spoiler]

Blackwings were fodder compared to Deneva's awakened Claymore, their numbers greatly reducing by the second. Looking down at the ground force, Deneva saw all out war. Zombies were still everywhere, the eight Monarchs were storming the battlefield, an enormous green dragon was holding its ground, and many Numbers were out in the fray. A few of the students from Tatsunagi were working in pairs. Remembering her task for this mission, Deneva scoured the field for a lone Number user.

She spotted one. A male student using Sky Pegasus. Having her wyrm-like monster swoop down near the boy, Deneva yelled to get his attention. "Hey! Let's get to the school building! We're gonna get that dragon!"

Unlike the other students, Cordelia opted to stay out of combat for the most part. She mostly stuck to a dual role of protecting the helicopter she was in from the zombified Blackwing monsters with her Stardust Dragon, which in turn had its own assortment of bone and sinew rotting away because of the effects of Zombie World and looking for an opening to get inside the school. Cordelia just happened to see Miki in a spot of conflict, but remained focus on her own role; if they weren't competing to pry the Shooting Quasar Dragon from its owner's hands, then maybe she'd lend a helping hand.

Eventually, Cordelia noted one corner of the academy structure, and smirked as she got on her Stardust Dragon. There was no doubt on her mind that most everyone in the opposing school was making the huge frontal assault, but that hardly left anyone to take care of any other entrances that were to be made. Perfect.

"Stardust Dragon, destroy the corner of that building with Cosmic Flare!" commanded Cordelia.

Meanwhile, wandering the hallways of Fudo Academy, Katsumi Smith could only observe in horror as his school became nothing more than some sort of battleground. He had no idea what was going on or why this was happening, but he had to press on. The sooner he could get to the bottom of this, the better. Katsumi immediately ran for the faculty room, but before he could turn the corner, a silver beam of cosmic energy blasted through the corner of the academy structure, and threw Katsumi back 10 or so feet. As he got back on his feet, he saw a familiar crippled girl enter through the hole in the wall using a cane.

"That's better, at least there's no more Zombie World to worry about," Cordelia lifted Stardust Dragon off her Duel Disk as she said this, unsummoning the zombified monster in the process, before turning her attention to Katsumi, "Now then... where's this Shooting Quasar Dragon?"

"I... I'm just a transfer student, how am I supposed to know?" Katsumi started off timidly, before finally gathering to nerve to speak up, "And why the hell are you blowing up our academy just for one card?! What, is your leader supposed to be an extremist of some kind?!"

"Well we can't exactly back down now, can we?" Cordelia asked rhetorically and in a mocking tone, "And you still haven't answered my question."

"I just told you I don't know, and even if I did, the last person I'd tell is someone like you! Now take me to your leader before I...!" Unfortunately, Katsumi only got as far as raising his Duel Disk before Cordelia unleashed her secret weapon. In an instant, a strong electrical current passed straight from her cane stick to Katsumi's foot and subsequently throughout his whole body, stunning him on the spot. With that, Cordelia set off to explore the facility.

Archived