Yu-Gi-Oh: Arc of Conquest (IC/Started/Accepting/PG-16)

Love of Ghibli

Miki X Harumi

"Now how will I benefit from that?" Miki shrugs off Harumi's duel invitation and simply walks over her. While not one to turn his back on enemies, Miki was badly injured and a duel would be dangerous to his health. However, Harumi constantly blocks his path, each time with a deadly serious glare. "Perhaps you didn't *cough* hear me. Duel me, and if you win, take my Shooting Quasar Dragon. That's what you came here for, right?  Isn't it?!" Despite her injuries, Harumi is still adamant in her request. She'll do anything that would delay the Tatsunagi force from acquiring their target, even if it would cost her body. After all, she barely has anything to live for aside from Ryuusei. "I suppose that changes everything. If you have the S.Q.D, then I'll beat you to shit in 3 minutes, flat." Harumi's statement seem to reignite Miki's will to fight. Miki did a backflip to position himself properly for the duel, before activating her duel disk and drawing 5 cards.

"Come on, what're you waiting for? Or would you rather just lie down and hand me over your card?" 

"It's not me who'll lie down and die; it's you and the rest of your students. By now, they must be trapped in a special maze, but as for you, you'll be trapped in my cage." Harumi activated her duel disk shortly thereafter and re-placed Black Garden in her duel disk. 

Thorns began to grow all over the lobby's walls and ceiling, along with a single large podium with an opaque glass container atop it, apparently containing Shooting Quasar Dragon. "I re-welcome you to my special garden, the Black Garden, for a single duel to the death. Black Garden will be active, but you are also able to play any Field Spell you want. However, we'll not use life points. Whoever loses consciousness or can no longer stand the pain loses. Which means..." 

"You want to see which of our spirits will break first, right?! In that case, I'll just hunt you like I've hunted everyone else! Awaken, Sleeping Forest!" Miki harshly cut off Harumi mid-sentence, and then activate his own field spell, Sleeping Forest. Thorns similar to the ones awakened due to Black Garden covered the entirety of the school lobby, essentially cutting them off from the rest of the world. Not even Muse's system could connect to them. It truly is a deathmatch inside a cage. With the preparations done, Harumi braced herself and drew her five cards, signalling the start of the duel.

[spoiler=Turn 1. Miki: X LP (Broken left arm, dislocated left knee) Harumi: X LP (Internal damage)]

"The budding roses/trees devour hope/light, adding depth to the forest's despair/darkness,

Tonight is the night the hunted/hunter will be the hunter/hunted,

This is the Black Garden./Sleeping Forest!"

After finishing their near-identical chants in a creepy unison, both of them prepared their duel disk for what can possibly be their last duel.

Miki, having drawn the five cards before, decided to go first. After drawing his 6th card, a small grin appeared on his face. "Through the effects of Sleeping Forest, I can normal summon level 6 Monsters without tribute! In that case... Normal Summon, Blow It All Away, Wind King Raiza!" A large humanoid clad in green armor appeared behind Miki. "I'm sure you know his effect. Return your unsightly garden back to your weaksauce deck!" From Raiza's armor comes a jet of wind in all directions. Usually, this would blow away any card back to their owners, but the Black Garden's thorn walls replied by tying all of Raiza's limbs, halving it's ATK and causing red roses to bloom all over it. (Raiza: 2400 -> 1200 ATK.) "Did I not make myself clear? Black Garden will be active. It won't be returned. Be surrounded in it's crippling thorns, and feel the pain you caused to this school." Miki gritted his teeth in annoyance, though he expected something like it would happen anyway. "Feh. You'll regret this stupid rule anyway. I'll set two cards, and end this turn." 

[spoiler=Miki's Field]

Hand: 3

Field: Sleeping Forest, Raiza, Rose Token, 2 set

[/spoiler]

"Draw. Normal summon, through your Sleeping Forest, Thorn Buster Artemisia. Of course, she's susceptible to Black Garden's effect." A petite woman dressed in green Victorian era clothing appeared behind Harumi, and was immediately assaulted by Black Garden's thorns. (Artemisia: 2200 -> 1100 ATK) "However, Artemisia thrives on this garden of death. When her ATK is sufficiently reduced, she'll gain the ability to attack directly, and summon a "Thorn", if it connects. So.. Direct attack. Eternal Edelweiss, silence this annoying girl for good." With a cold look on her face that was reflected by her monster, Harumi (Artemisia) fired an arrow that would pierce straight through Miki's chest, but was thankfully guarded at the last second, causing the holographic arrow to pass through without actually injuring any body parts. "Heh.. That's it? I thought it would hurt-Argh!" Before he could finish his sentence, Miki collapsed down to the ground due to a sudden sharp pain in his hands. "Now you know what it feels like. The pain, the agony. Despair. But I'm not done. Through Artemisia's effect, I special summon a "Thorn Hopeful Eros." Her ATK will be halved, of course, but she can't attack due to Artemisia's effect." (Eros: 250 ATK -> 125) A small, cupid-like figure appears beside Artemisia. "That's all for now. Turn end. Are you ready to drop to tough act?" 

[spoiler=Harumi's field]

Hand: 5

Field: Black Garden, Thorn Hopeful Eros, Thorn Buster Artemisia, Rose Token.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"The one who should drop the tough act is you!" Miki soon picked himself up and drew his next card, starting the second turn. 

[spoiler=Customs]

Thorn Buster Artemisia

5/Plant/EARTH/2200ATK/2200DEF
When this card inflicts battle damage: Special summon 1 level 3 or lower "Thorn" monster from your deck, it cannot attack this turn. When this card's ATK is below 1500, it gains the following effect: This card can attack your opponent directly. 

Thorn Hopeful Eros

1/Plant/WIND/Tuner/250ATK/0DEF

When this card's ATK is halved, it gains the following effect: You can Synchro Summon a "Thorn" Synchro Monster during your opponent's turn using this card as a Synchro Material. You can Banish this card and another Plant-type monster from your graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Thorn" monster from your graveyard with the same level as the total level of this card and the banished card.

[/spoiler]

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler: Nantian vs Damian]

Turn 1:

After drawing his sixth card Nantian looked at his opening hand. Hmmm this is what I get for trying new things. Oh Nelly is going to give me one of them talking too’s again and I surely don’t feel like dealing with that. Alright I’ll get us started and by paying 2000 lifepoints I can special summon my Garbage Lord from hand. (8000à6000). As he put his card on his duel disk in front of him was what looked like tall gray man made out of sculpted metal arise in front of him. Now I follow that up by normal summoning my oh so trusty Dark Resonator! A small little imp creature wielding two tuning forks appeared next to the metal man. Now I conduct a synchro summon. I tune my Dark Resonator and Garbage Lord to summon the mark of the true king the manifestation of my burning soul. As NanTian spoke he was surrounded in a pillar of fire and from the fire came the wings of the flaming dragon.

Turn the world of creation into the world of searing ash! Burn forth Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend!!! Then I will set two cards and end my turn.

Turn 2:

Damian was not impressed with NanTian’s Dragon in the slightest. In fact he scoffed at the opposing dragon. If that is the best you have then this will be an quick match. Since you have a monster and I don’t I get to special summon my Cyber Dragon from my hand. The mechanical snake like figure rose from behind Nantian’s opponent and coiled around him. And look I didn’t have to pay 1/4th of my lifepoints to do this. I now summon my tuner monster Dark Tinker. Then I will synchro summon for an emissary of darkness. Behold Chaos King Archfiend!! The twinkling stars aligned and from the light emerged a weird looking creature with a blank face and blue body. It was glowing with bright flames as Damian pointed at his deck.

Dark Tinker’s effect states that I get to look at the top card of my deck and choose whether the card stays there or goes to the bottom of the deck. After Damian looked at his next card he chose that it would be good if he left it where it was. Now Chaos King Archfiend is going to attack your Red Dragon Archfiend with Doomsday slash. As the fiend launched itself at Red Dragon he started glowing. Damian then started to snicker. Now my kings effect! When our monsters do battle both of our monsters attack and defense points switch!  Red Dragon (3000à2500) Chaos King (2600à2600) Nantian’s eyes widened as his dragon was slashed in half. Then some of the flames actually hit Nantian making him feel real burns. (6000à5900). Wow is this what Tatsunagi Academy has to offer. We should have just came over to thrash your little island school and not worry about it. Now I guess I can do nothing but set two cards facedown and end my turn in disappointment.

Nantian: 5900

Damian: 8000

Turn 3:

Draw! Nantian drew his card and he was quickly getting annoyed of this opponent. Okay I pay another 2000 lifepoints to special summon another Garbage Lord. This time Normal summon my Barrier Resonator. At that moment the two creatures came forth and the strain of losing another large chunk of lifepoints (5900à3900). Ugh…Now I activate the spell card Tannhauser Gate making both Garbage Lord and Barrier Resonator level 6 monsters. Now I conduct the overlay network and xyz summon….!!!!

The two monster went into the whirling vortex and Damian looked confused. He clearly thought that this person was purely a synchro user. Now look into the face of your own demise as I xyz summon PILGRIM REAPER (800/800 DEF) !! From the swirling vortex a hunched over grim reaper carrying an oversized scythe appeared. Damian laughed as he saw that this creature didn’t have a decent amount of attack or defense points. Then again this did make him realize that his facedown Bottomless Trap Hole was pretty useless. Ha if that’s all you got then I think you’re a tad bad at math. I guess that’s why you’re still in high school HAHAHAHAHA. And I see why this school isn’t number one. They don’t teach there students class over here. Pilgrim Reaper’s effect allows me to detach one Xyz Material and then the top 5 cards of both our decks are sent to the graveyard. The Reaper grabbed one of the floating material and he swung his scythe. Damian complied and laughed as he ended up milling 3 Dark Monster which he knew wouldn’t be strong enough to actually challenge his Chaos King. Nantian sighed as he ended up milling two more Resonator monsters and his third Garbage Lord. (1600/ 1600 DEF). And with that I will end my turn.

Nantian: 3900

Turn 4:

Are you serious? This is completely underwhelming! Fine I might as well just end this. Draw! Damian drew one card and he started to laugh at what he drew. I summon Unknown Synchron. Damian slammed a card on the duel disk and a small machine like ball with one eye floated next to Chaos King Archfiend. Your weak dragon is nothingness. It is time for me to make you bow before the truth and the light. And the light…is darkness! I tune my unknown synchron with my Chaos King Archfiend to open the gates of the netherworld.

As Damian spoke he was engulfed in a pillar of darkness and then the two dragon heads came from the pillar. Rise up and make him kneel down BEELZE, KING OF DARK DRAGONS. The massive creature shot forth from the darkness and it started laughing along with its summoner. Now I equip the beast with Big Bang Shot meaning he gains 400 extra attack points (3000à3400) and he can now inflict piercing damage. HAHAHAHAHA this is so sad. I won’t even get to use my monsters effect. The final attack is here. Beelze obliterate his Pilgrim Reaper!

Beelze fired two twin streams of darkness directly at Pilgrim Reaper. The darkness completely overtook the monster and then consumed Nantian. (3900à1500) Nantian was blown all the way back to the wall. HAHAHA such weakness I can’t wait till this is over. Damian said quite condescendingly. Then he looked ahead at Nantian and his look of condescension quickly faded away. In the attack of darkness it seemed that there was a small light shining through. The light grew brighter as Nantian had flipped up on of his facedown cards.

I activate the trap card Hope for an Escape. With this I pay 1000 lifepoints (1500à500)  and now for every 2000 lifepoints I have beneath you I get to draw a card. So what is that 3 cards for me, I think I can do that. Damian looked annoyed as there was nothing he could do. But Damian quickly reassured himself that there was no need to worry he had enough backrow to stop whatever Nantian was going to do. Fine then I set 1 card and end my turn.

Nantian: 500

Turn 5

First I draw. Nantian drew lazily as he was going through the motions of ending this duel. Now lets start with this. I special summon Vice Dragon from my hand with half of its attack and defense points and to couple that I will summon Creation Resonator. Now…the ruler’s heart beat burns through here Synchro summon. The one who shall end this duel!! RED DRAGON ARCHFIEND!!! The signature creature blazed forth and it started to have a mighty roaring match with Beelze.

Your dragon means nothing to my trap card BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE! As Damian flipped his card up, before it could even be revealed, Red Dragon Archfiend had thrown a lance at the card. Silly boy I activate the card Forbidden Lance meaning my dragon isn’t effected by other spells and traps. Ugh. Now it gets better. I activate my facedown trap card Red Carpet meaning I get to summon two of my resonators from my grave. So come back Flare resonator and Barrier Resonator. The two little tuner fiends showed up besides Red Dragon. None of this matters. My Beelze can’t be destroyed by battle or by card effects Damian shouted! There is no way you can take it down. Oh you think so. I activate the card breakthrough skill from my graveyard. Now I can banish it and negate your monster’s eff. Damian was shocked. It seemed like his opponent had thought this out completely. Though he calmed himself. His facedowns were magic cylinder and mirror force. There was no way that he couldn’t survive and besides Beelze had 3400 attack. It was vastly stronger than the weakened Red Dragon Archfiend.

Now I activate the spell card Scarlett Security. If I have a Red Dragon Archfiend on the field I can destroy all of your spell and trap cards. Damian was shocked as his field was destroyed. Oh that’s right. Monsters with Big Bang Shot are banished when the equip card leaves the field right? Damian looked shocked as his Beelze was snatched into another dimension. Oh it gets better. I tune every creature I have on the field to open up the true gate of trash on your unworthy soul. Nantian’s tone got a tad serious. Damian was genuinely frightened.

Now time to stoke the flames, the dragon shall rise from the ashes, power through adversity, power through trials, power through everything. Rise and smite! Red Nova Dragon!! The new and empowered dragon appeared before them and he started to laugh. First Flare Resonator gives my new dragon 300 extra attack points (3500à3800) next my own dragon gives himself 500 attack points for every tuner in my graveyard and since I have 5 that means I gain 2500 attack points (3800à6300). Now let’s enter battle phase shall we. Red Nova Dragon. NOVA FLAME!! The massive dragon engulfed Damian in a sea of fire. What was hilarious was that this was a lot more intense than what Nantian had to go through. Nantian paid his lifepoints so he never actually took damage from an opponents attack. This massive amount of damage in one setting though. It would be a wonder if the kid could survive. (8000à1700). Turn End.

Damian: 1700

Turn 6.

Damian barely manages to draw a card. He then sets one card in his backrow. Do you think you’ve won? All cocky because of that dragon of yours. You don’t know the true powers of darkness! I will end you! Turn End.

Damian: 1700

Turn 7.

You know we are in need of students for our drama club, I’m sure they’ll take you with this load of melodrama. Now I draw. Red Nova Dragon attack him directly. I activate Escape from the Dark Dimension now I can summon Beelze, King of Dark Dragons in defense mode From behind Damian a pillar of darkness shot in front of him with two sets of eyes glowing in the depths. I told you this wasn’t over! SILLY BOY YOU BETTER LOOK AGAIN!!! As Damian looked forward he could see that the pillar was actually be twirled around in typhoon. I chain to your activation of your trap card with my Mystical Space Typhoon. Meaning since the chain resolves backwards you never get to summon your monster! Don’t you know the phrase MST NEGATES!!

Red Nova Dragon obliterated what remained of Damian’s lifepoints. What happened to the little man was nothing more than a passed out kid with some burn damage.

Ugh children these days.

[/spoiler]

Nantian left that eerie dark room far more injured than he went in. It was annoying to say the least. Once again he heard more noise over the intercoms. Seriously why don't people just listen the first time. Also what was up with all of these people thinking he was Nelly? This was not the best time to deal with people who don't listen. Nevertheless he might as well repeat himself. This was getting sad. Just go down into the basement of the Academy and you'll see the door. Seriously, kids these days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Drey and Abel landed on the roof David looked at tad shocked. He was surprised that the Tatsunagi academy group figured out everything so quickly. Well of course I decline. This is just a way for you to get me to turn off DoomKaiser. He took a regular fighting stance like he would take these two on with actual physical combat. Then a voice echoed behind the Health and Fitness club co-presidents. We actually accept your challenge. David looked shocked as someone with a cloak walked up on the roof. One could tell from the voice that it was a woman, but the cloakc kept everything else a mystery. David looked upset. What do you mean we? Just as your Doom Kaiser is a pivotal play for your forces I'm sure the creatures they wield have the same relevance for their forces. It would be smart to accept their challenge. Besides I think a duel is the only fair shot you have of taking these two down. I will join forces with you David that way there will be no unfair advantages. I don't even know why you're here. You and that cowboy barely did anything, like I said we don't need your assistance. But fine I'll play along. 

Let's begin, lady's first... DUUUEEEL!!

"Don't worry about it, Nathan." Jacob soon said. "I would've done the same thing for anyone on my team." He said as he drew a card. "But first, we need to find a way to heal those painful looking wounds of yours. Until then, we might as well get these zombies out of our way again and make our way into the building like we're supposed to." He told Nathan as the rest of the Drama Club showed up once they saw Jacob.

"Alright, we're here. What do we do?" The Co-Leader asked.

"Well, we need to get these darn zombies out of the way again after whatever happened at the top of that building.." Jacob soon said as he sighed and looked at the main building again. "I have a feeling this is gonna take a while.." Jacob said as he now formed a play in his head with the new card. "I activate the magic of Silver's Cry to special summon my Emerald Dragon Youth from my graveyard in Defense Position!" He said as the Young Dragon came back once again. "Then I set 1 card, and end." He told whoever was attacking Nathan. "Nathan, feel free to use my Dragon for an XYZ or Synchro Summon. You're going to be the one doing the attacking this duel." He told Nathan.

Meanwhile, the Co-Leader also got into a zombie duel next to Jacob, and he was doing surprisingly well against the gigantic hoard of zombies coming after him.

[spoiler='Current Field']

Jacob and Nathan vs. Fudo Student

Jacob

LP: 8000

4 Cards in Hand

--Monsters:

Emerald Dragon (1000 ATK, 2500 DEF)

Emerald Dragon Youth (500 ATK, 2100 DEF)

---Spell/Traps:

2 Set
[/spoiler]

Mass Effect 3 OST ~ Reaper Chase

Cyan made his way into the school as he made his way Kansi's second level as fast as he could. He pulled up on his Duel Disk the system to where he could contact the others in the Strike Force. For a moment or two, he couldn't access it, but he finally was online with it.

"This is Cyan Grey of the Number's Club and Astrology Club! I'm currently on my way to the second level as we speak! Hope you guys don't mind for some extra back up!" he said with a smile, allowing the others that were part of the Strike Force to respond, hopefully have those in the Astrology Club give him coordinates to where they were and to where he needed to go. Whatever happens...your going to find your way into the fray, Rainbow Dragon! Cyan smirked as he kept running through the school's halls, trying to find the location of the second level.

Hannah's smile quickly faded as she heard one of the girls profile Cedric's deck as well as her own. Her hand trembled slightly as she opened her mouth slightly, unsure of what to say. Looking to Cedric for support, her frightened expression was met with the sight of him looking straight at their opponents, maintaining his standard look of indifference. She bit her lower lip, wondering how he wasn't phased by these two, who somehow had managed to gather information on each of their decks, before the truth of the matter dawned on her, 'It isn't that he doesn't care... He is probably wondering how they got their intel just as much as I am. He simply isn't showing it. He is stronger than that.'

Adopting the mentality of her companion, she clenched her trembling fist, turning back toward Olithia and Lykinnia. She smiled with one side of her mouth, showing some teeth as the glint reappears in her eyes, 'I can't lose. Not like this. Not before the duel has even started.' Laughing to herself quietly, she addressed the two.

"So that is your game? You know what we have so you think that you can beat us? That seems pretty clever, figuring out the opponents' plan and acting accordingly. As a matter of fact, it sounds like something my friend Cedric here would do. Of course, there is one problem with your logic: I have no plan. My only plan is to bring both of your life totals to zero and get through that door. My luck is stronger than any sort of military intelligence you may have gathered!"

Cedric nodded silently at her speech, taking in as many details about the opponent as he could while sliding his deck into its place on his duel disk. Reactivating the machine, it folded open like a Swiss-army knife, as Hannah's spun open one zone at a time, making sounds similar to a slot machine as it clicked into place. 

"DUEL!"

Drawing five cards, and then a sixth, Hannah looked through the contents of her hand. "I put out the initial challenge, so I will go first! After I am done with my turn, one of you can go, then Cedric. Semantics aside, I am going to start playing now!" Putting together a plan based on the cards she held, Hannah smiled, "Excellent! I will start things off by setting two cards in my spell and trap zone, but you can only guess what they will be! Now I will summon my Gambler of Legend, in attack position!" Placing the monster card on her duel disk, a blonde man appeared in front of her, wearing a hat and tattered scarf. The arrogant expression on his face quite accurately mimicked her own. Behind him, two large face-down cards appeared, representing the cards she had set. "Finally, I am going to activate my Dangerous Machine Type-6! With it out I will get a random effect during each of my standby phases! Are you scared yet, you little ditzes? Turn end."

[spoiler=Game State]

Hannah

Cards In Hand: 2

Monsters: Gambler of Legend (ATK position, ATK:500/DEF:1400)

S/T: 2 FD, Dangerous Machine Type-6

Graveyard: Nothing

Cards In Deck: 34

Lifepoints: 4000(?)

Cedric

Cards In Hand: 5

Monsters: None

S/T: None

Graveyard: None

Cards In Deck: 35

Lifepoints: 4000(?)

[/spoiler]

Naoki entered the building, relieved that his Fire Fists had been reverted back to their regular state by Zombie World not being present, but he found a Fudo Academy student near one of his departing allies, and quickly jumped off of his horse, the androgynous figure decked out in a bit more formal attire, but with his long, luscious raven-black hair flowing behind him, purple eyes locked with the poor Fudo Academy kid. "You!" He declared, though his voice could easily be mistaken for that of a female. In fact, his build was skinny enough, and his clothes similar enough to ones worn by women, that those who did not know him might perceive him as a her. "I am Naoki Saotome, President of Tatsunagi's prestigious Martial Arts Club! I have plowed through your undead horde, and now, I shall acquire the Limit Over Accel Synchro from you!" He looked prepared to either activate his Duel Disk resembling a piece of Chinese or Japanese battle armor, or beat Katsumi up. However, Naoki was so ready for a fight that he neglected to consider that his fellow student, who had just left, might have dealt with his new "foe".

Lykinnia looked at the girl as she went about her opening moves. Wait did you really say "I have no plan" then "My only plan is..." HAHAHAHA! Talking in contradictions are you now. This is hilarious! Lykinnia don't bully the girl. Her and her silent boyfriend here are going out on a limb by taking us on. Olithia looked at the her opponents and tilted her head. So how long have you two been going out? I mean I guess its only been recently. Nevertheless I hope you two work whatever issues you two have out because you're going to need some real team work to beat us. Olithia allow me to take the next turn she mentioned something about scaring us. I can't help but be entertained. Go ahead Lykinnia, I shall take the final turn. 

Excellent. I shall draw. Lykinnia drew her sixth card and laughed. I activate two spell cards. The first is the Mask of the Accursed. I can equip this to one monster on the field. That monsters controller loses 500 lifepoints during each of my Stand-by phases. The second is Mask of Dispel I can add this to a face up spell card and with it attach it to a face-up spell card and the same thing happens again, during my turn you will burn. That being said your gambler of legend and your dangerous machine both get a face lift. Two creepy mask attached themselves to their targets and Lykinnia laughed. I will end by setting three more cards in my spell and trap card zone. That means it is now your turn Mr... Cedric was it. What a darling name that is. 

[spoiler: Game State]

Lykinnia

Hand: 1

Field: N/A

S/T: Mask of the Accursed, Mask of the Accursed, 3 F/D

Grave: N/A

Banished: N/A

Lifepoints: 4000

Olithia

S/T: N/A

[/spoiler]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nelly was simply wandering around this borderline travesty of a maze. This was definitely a hinderance. The more he was here the more he questioned the effectiveness of his strike team. Surely some club just lost funding for the next quarter. Either way this just meant that he would have to do a lot more work. He looked around and he noticed that he was somehow on  a vertical staircase looking at the door he came through. But now he was looking at it upside down. Are you serious? He thought with contempt. Luckily there was a door not to far from him. As he went in he could see nothing but darkness. What came next was quite unsettling. The floor collapsed and it looked like the emptiness of space. Nelly only raised an eyebrow as the scenery did look nice, but it looked like the only thing he could stand on a floating road. This was weird. There was no rhyme or reason to any of this. He began to walk down this seemingly neverending road and he took in the sights. Soon he heard what he sounded like a motorcycle. But that didn't make any kind of sense where did they even get this kind of technology. Why is there motorcycle inside the school? Of course he couldn't really argue seeing as he started a war. 

The motorcycle came into view and parked right next to him. Riding it seemed to be a cloaked figure with which Nelly could only glare at. Nelly Muhammed, I know what you are really here for! In order for this world to succeed you have to be stopped here and now. The mysterious voice said in a passionate tone. Better people than you have tried to stop me. It doesn't end well for them.

[spoiler=Miki x Harumi Turn 2.]

"Activate face-down card, Trophaeum Tower!" As the duel enters it's second turn, Miki activates one of his main cards, Trophaeum Tower. His hands are very numb, thanks to Harumi's previous attack, but he still presses on. A massive tower appeared behind Miki, one that would seemingly reach onto space had it not been contained by Black Garden and Sleeping Forest. The tower started emanating bright light that illuminated the whole cage, as it was pitch-dark before with only the duel disk's light allowing them to see. 

"This reduces the level of all monsters I control by 2, but double your level's. If you weren't screwed before, you're definitely, completely, thoroughly defeated." Miki expected to see his opponent become confused thanks to his card's effect, but Harumi remained unfazed. "I really thought you'll be thrown off thanks to Trophaeum's effect... Anyway, I'll continue. Normal Summon Glow-Up Bulb." A small, seed-like creature descends from the tower and was immediately covered by the thorns, just like before. "I'll tune my Glow-Up, Rose Token, and Rose Token and Raiza to Synchro Summon Black Rose Dragon... Last time you countered with your own, but this time, there'll be nothing to save you." (Black Rose Dragon: 2400 -> 1200 ATK) 

Miki decided not to activate Black Rose's effect, as it would be more disadvantageous to him. "Hm... Sleeping Forest has 4 Inorganic Counters... if I destroy the big one, he would call up another one and destroy all monsters.. Then I can re-summon Raiza, and take out whatever card he set. But if I kill the small one, he'll give up quicker... Hopefully." Miki decided to skip summoning anything and just go straight to the battle phase, where he ordered Black Rose Dragon to attack Eros. Black thorns extended from Black Rose's body and pierce straight through Thorn Hopeful Eros, piercing through Harumi and a part of cage in the process. Seeing Harumi's body impaled by the holographic thorn made Miki smile in a somewhat sadistic manner. Once the thorn dissipates, he expected Harumi to be unconscious or writhing in the ground in pain. But, somehow, someway, Harumi still stands. The blood running down her mouth seemingly became thicker as her entire goes numb from the pain. 

"It... Doesn't hurt... Not at all... I'm only hurt.. When he's hurt.." Harumi said with a pained voice and tears trickling down from her purple eyes.

"Jeez. How close are you to this Ryuusei guy, anyway? Fine, whatever. Turn end." 

[spoiler=Miki's field]

Field: Sleeping Forest, Rose Token, Black Rose Dragon

[/spoiler]

"D-draw..." Harumi nearly stumbled as she drew her card. Her vision is blurring, and her mind is nearly fractured. All the pain made her think about her devotion to Ryuusei, but on the other hand, she wanted to see her friends make it through the invasion. But for now, she's set back all those things so she can crush Miki and report back to Ryuusei. "Activate Spell Card, Mystical Space Typhoon. Say goodbye to your tower. But before I'm done, I'll activate Mark of The Thorn - Dreamland. I' can summon 1 Thorn Tuner from my deck, but no cards can be destroyed this turn." A black-hole like object appeared below the Trophaeum Tower, sucking it back down to the ground, which was then followed by Thorn Buster Artemisia, who created a magic circle akin to the one used in Black Rose Dragon's summoning. "Card I summon is Thorn Cleric Luminos." A small, chibi-like girl dressed in white transparent robes appears from Artemisia's Magic circle, but for some reason wasn't affected by Black Garden.

"Luminos... She's special. She doesn't feel despair in this suffocating garden, but instead uses it to protect it's Synchro Monster. Using Thorn Buster Artemisia and Thorn Cleric Luminos, I Synchro Summon Black Rose Dragon..."

"Aha, you've fallen right into my trap! Because you summoned your fake Black Rose, Sleeping Forest's effect activates! Destroy all monster-"

"You really should start listening to others. Dreamland stops any monster from being destroyed." 

"Feh! Fine. At least Black Rose will lose half it's ATK."

"Who'll also not be affected by Black Garden." "Eh?! That's just cheating!" "Now, you feel the pain. Attack Rose Token." In what appears to be a scene directly lifted from Miki's turn, Black Rose Dragon's thorns impale through Miki's Rose Token, Miki himself and the wall of the cage behind him. Despite being several feet above the air, suspended only by the massive thorn stuck through him, Miki gritted his teeth and flipped a finger to Harumi, which only angered her more, causing her to increase the amount of thorns impaling him. Despite no blood actually appearing, the thorns criss-crossing through Miki's body was not a pleasant sight.

"Death is but a hunter unbeknownst to it's prey, and his hunt for your soul is over. I only hoped for you to be unconscious, but looks like the little brat needs to be shut up. Forever." Thinking that Miki was already dead, Harumi deconstructed the thorn cage, deactivating Black Garden in the process. the field spells and turned her back on Miki. "Ryuusei, please be safe.." 

[spoiler=Harumi's field]

Hand: 4

Field: Black Rose Dragon, Rose Token

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Custom Cards]

Mark of the Thorn - Dreamland

Spell/Normal

Activate only if you control "Black Garden" or a "Thorn" monster. Special Summon 1 Tuner "Thorn" monster from your deck. If this effect is resolved: no cards can be monsters can be destroyed by card effects this turn.

Thorn Cleric Luminos

Plant/LIGHT/Level 2/500ATK/250DEF

This card is not affected by the effect of "Black Garden". You Synchro Summon a "Thorn" Synchro Monster during your opponent's turn by using this card as one of it's Xyz Materials. Dragon and Plant-type Synchro Monsters that was Synchro Summoned using this card as Synchro Material is not affected by the effect of "Black Garden".

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Ugh... My entire body.. Feels numb.. Can't see anything, can't move anything... It hurts so much... Is this what it feels like... To lose? But I can't lose. I'm Miki Hagane, I always win.. Always... Alwaysalwaysalways..." Still refusing to admit his defeat, Miki managed to fight through the pain and move his hand, greatly shocking Harumi. "What the?! How are you still...?! Stay dead, dead, dead!" Harumi broke her quiet and reserved persona and promptly stomped on Miki's head to make sure he doesn't stand up again. After about 5 stomps to the back of Miki's head, Harumi turned her back again and walked away once more. 

"I'm not gonna lose yet... Not here.. Why can't I beat my equal? What am I lacking from him? Oh... yeah. I don't have anyone to stand on other than myself.. But now that I'm done, who can I rely on to help me? No.. I don't to rely on anyone. But then again, even Alexander had his helpers, didn't he? And a whole nation to protect.. I get it now... His will is stronger than me because he's got someone backing him up. God, if this is your way of telling me to stop being a stuck-up self-elitist prick, then you should stop it. I'll no longer fight for myself. I'll win for everyone in Tatsunagi, for the girls who give me chocolate every week, and for that drunkard teacher too. I'll win this, and then, You better give me something good to make all this pain worth it though..."

Miki suddenly realized the error of his childish selfishness, and decides to stop fighting for his own purpose. He decides to break his shell a bit and trust his friends more, and more importantly, see them as comrades rather than mere friends. In that very moment, his body felt light and his pain is all gone. His newfound resolve opened a new potential within him. Miki stood up in such a sudden and surprising speed that, once again, shocked Harumi.

His body now emanating a flame-like blue aura, Miki draws a card, and with a sharper gaze than ever, declares the duel not over. "Come on, it's not over yet! When I tell you I'll win, I'll win! Normal Summon, through the effect of Sleeping Forest, Granmarg the Rock Monarch!" A giant appears once again behind Miki, this one clad in brown armor. "Granmarg can't use his effect, unfortunately. But, that's not my aim anyway. Send the top card of my deck to the grave to Special Summon Glow-Up Bulb!" After sending "Conceptual Mind Genesis" from the top of his deck through Glow-Up's effect, Miki re-summons Glow-Up Bulb as the blue flames around him burn even more harshly. 

"Using Rose Token and Glow-Up Bulb, I Synchro Summon Black Flame Monarch - Falko!" A half-sized version of a Monarch appears beside Miki's Black Rose Dragon. It was clad in black armor and had the same blue flames Miki had burning in the gapes of its armor. "Blue Flames, burn bright and vanquish the despair of this world. When the Black Thorns burn, a new ruler will be ascend towards heaven! Burn away all inferior to you, my new flames, Black Star Dragon!" Falko jumps onto Black Rose Dragon, before setting ablaze by its flames. Soon enough, Black Rose Dragon was covered in flames from head to tail, burning similarly to a star. Once the flames died down, a new dragon appears. The rose-like splendor of Black Rose was gone and was replaced by blue flames that burn ever so brightly, almost like the sun itself. 

"Did his Black Rose Dragon just.. evolve? Is that even possible?" Harumi looked in disbelief as the new monster dwarfs her Black Rose Dragon, but before she could do anything, she was blasted away by an earth-shaking roar delivered by Black Star Dragon. The roar was loud enough to be audible by anyone outside, or inside the building, and the shockwave created from it leveled most of the rooms in the first floor. 

"Ha.. Haha... I never knew I had this power! Come on, let's get this done with! Or.. Are you already dead?" 

[spoiler=Custom Cards]

Black Flame Monarch - Falko

Level 3/Synchro/Tuner/1200ATK/500DEF

1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can tribute 1 card you control; Your opponent randomly discards 2 cards from their hand. You can Synchro Summon during your opponent's turn by using this card as Synchro material.

[hr]

IgFVUMX.jpg

[/spoiler]

[Celia]

"Where are you...."

"Hey! I'm back!"

And there she is.

"Let's just continue inside then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They immediately found themselves within a maze.

It was some sort of physical projection, or something else.

It was not really clear.

The two just walked around aimlessly, until they bumped into a red haired girl, with a really visible murder intent radiating from her.

"My name is Indigo Maria. You have invaded my school.

Prepare to die."

"Let me handle this!

Celia, you go on ahead. I'll keep her busy!"

"Ok, will do!"

After Celia disappeared from their sight, Shiki stared at the girl in front of her, smiling maliciously.

"Heh, I think I'll try out the deck that I had just looted."

[spoiler='Shiki vs Maria']

"I draw!"

Shiki looked at her opening hand, and without thinking more, summoned Chronomaly Nebra Disk in Attack Position, and wih its effect, added Chronomaly Golden Jet from her deck to her hand, then she put Theosophy of the Artifacts and Fiendish Chain face down. Shiki ended her turn.

Maria drew a card, and smiled.

"I activate from my hand! Molten Conduction Field!

I send 2 Laval Handmaidens from my deck to the graveyard, and with it's effects, I send another Handmaiden and 2 Laval Magma Cannoneer from my deck to the graveyard!

I then banish 1 Handmaiden and 1 Cannon, special summon Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos from my hand! I activate, Mystical Space typhoon to destroy one of your set cards!"

The spell destroyed Shiki's Fiendish Chain.

"Then, I normal Summon Laval Cannon, and with its effect, I summon Laval Handmaiden!

Synchro Summon! Ally of Justice Catastor!

Catastor attack! Destroy Nebra disk! And Blaster, Burn your opponent to ashes!

Turn end!"

"Wait, during your End Phase, I activate my Trap Card! Theosophy of the Artifacts!

I summon Artifact Moralltach from my deck in attack positionm, and with its effect, destroy your Catastor!"

"Hmph, okay then."

Shiki then drew a card from her deck, and laughed menacingly.

"You know what? I think you'll die in this turn."

[/spoiler]

"Fine," Nathan said, while examining the field. He had M7, Jacob had his signature 'Emerald Dragon' and their opponent still had one Zombie, which turned out to be a distorted 'Beast King Barbaros', however, just with 1900 ATK. Nathan was already down to 1200 Life Points, but Jacob still had his 8000 and M7 had already hit the opponent once, so he fell down to 6800 Life Points. 

Their opponent seemed to not have the urgency to win this duel fast. "I merely set two cards, then I am going to end my turn," were his words, after taking a few minutes to think about his turn. It was clear, that he at least wanted to stall for time, if he could not win, so the other Fudo Students could take out more of their opponents until Nathan and Jacob could get back to them. Shortly after, he added: "You might think that you have the upper hand, because there are two of you, but that is not the case. One of you is going to be a hindrance, I predict. But certainly, you can try defeating me, it will not work."

"We will see," Nathan responded, while drawing his card. It turned out to be 'Messenger of Peace', but since he had M7 face-up, that card woundn't be that useful. So he decided on something else: "I Normal Summon 'Wattbetta'. And Jacob, I thankfully accept your offer, I tune 'Wattbetta' with 'Emerald Dragon Youth' to Synchro Summon 'HTS Psyhemuth'!" Dueling like this wasn't that good for Nathans wounds, but if they could not get rid of this guy, worse injuries were about to come, if not even death. "Now I use the effect of 'Constellar Ptolemy M7', detaching 1 Xyz Material to return 'Beast King Barbaros' to your hand!"

The mechanical Dragon had already aimed its attack at the opponents Monster, when he flipped a Trap Card up: "I activate my face-down 'Skill Drain' followed by 'Imperial Custom', protecting its Destruction by any counter one of you," although he had said 'one of you' he clearly addressed Jacob with this, "Might have. This shuts down any Monster effects on the field and thus restores my 'Beast King Barbaros' ATK."

Nathan cursed, as he simply activated his, now very useful 'Messenger of Peace' and set another card, before passing the duel to Jacob.

Jacob

LP: 8000

4 Cards in Hand

--Monsters:

Emerald Dragon (1000 ATK, 2500 DEF)

---Spell/Traps:

2 Set

Nathan

LP: 1200

2 Cards in Hand

--Monsters:

Constellar Ptolemy M7 (2700 ATK, 2000 DEF, 1 Xyz Material)

HTS Psyhemuth (2400 ATK, 1800 DEF)

---Spell/Traps

Messenger of Peace

1 Set

Fudo Student

LP: 5800

3 Cards in Hand

--Monsters:

Beast King Barbaros (3000 ATK, 1200 DEF)

---Spell/Traps

Skill Drain

Imperial Custom[/spoiler]

Threatening a young adult's life was a pretty sure resource of information. Not long after defeating him in a duel, the surfer dude led Deneva to a staircase that lead to an evidently magical maze. Once there, she had her Claymores dispose of him. Walking down the staircase, Deneva didn't get a sense of anything being abnormal, not until she was done descending, anyways. The maze surreal. The colors of the walls were changing at a constant rate, inducing a headache. Each few feet the pattern would change, giving an illusion that the colors were coming out at her or going it, deceiving her into believing that was a path to walk through. She'd found she made better progress with her hands out forward of her body.

This is hopeless. I doubt I'm getting anywhere. And what kind of place is this to get to some dragon card?! After what felt like hours, in reality a few minutes, Deneva was half convinced she was alone. The only thing that disproved that was the fact that Nantian relayed a message describing this ludicrous funhouse. "Hello? Nantian?"

Jacob cringed when he saw Skill Drain. "Sorry, but I can't let that happen! I activate my facedown, Lightspeed Emerald! By paying 1500 life points and making Emerald Dragon's DEF 2000, Your Skill Drain is negated, and the best part is it's not destroyed, and so your Imperial Custom is useless!" Jacob soon replied as it was a mere miracle that he had Lightspeed facedown. "I only have 1 left, so I better make it count when I get it.." Jacob soon said to himself as he looked at Nathan. "It may seem that I'm really good, but the truth is, I just somehow get the cards I need. One day, I'm going to be destroyed in a duel.." Jacob soon replied to Nathan as he drew a card. "These cards can't help me right now..." Jacob soon said as all he had were monsters that could'nt be used, and so he simply ended his turn.

Jacob
LP: 6500
5 Cards in Hand
--Monsters:
Emerald Dragon (1000 ATK, 2000 DEF)
---Spell/Traps:
1 Set

[/spoiler]

"Let's begin, lady's first... DUUUEEEL!!"

"DUUUEEEL!" Drey and Adel replied back, their armamants disappearing as their disks reset.

They both drew five cards, with Adel taking an extra one for her turn. "Oh yes, I should add as a reminder that only one field spell can be active for all four of us, and that both paired fields are treated as one combined field for the team. With that out of the way" she cut off as she inspected her hand. It wasn't too bad, but she needed to get the duo into the grave ASAP.

"I'll start with Battleguards! Battleguards!, which allows me to grab any level five or lower Battleguard from my deck. So I'll grab Brash Battleguard" Adel declared, grabbing a card from her deck as it popped out, and then reshuffled.

"I'll set a monster, two face downs and end my turn" she conceded, the backs of the cards appearing as large holograms.

[spoiler=Field]

Adel: 4000

Monsters: 1 Set

S/Ts: 2 Set

Graveyard: Battleguards! Battleguards!

Banished: 0

Drey: 4000

Monsters: 0

S/Ts: 0

Graveyard: 0

Banished: 0

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cards used]

Battleguards! Battleguards!

Normal Spell

Add 1 Level 5 or below “Battleguard” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 “Battleguards! Battleguards!” per turn.[/spoiler]

Ren

As he lead his club over towards the school from the air, the few summoned monsters protecting them, he could hear the various transmissions from the groups that were part of the strike team. Once his club was directly above the school, with a quick command Neo Galaxy-Eyes shot a beam of energy to crash directly into the roof from above, burning a hole deep into the building. Opening up his own transmission line, Ren sent in a message as they descended, the monsters protecting them vanishing as they entered the building.

"This is Ren Takumi of the Mythology Research Club. We got delayed on the way but my whole club is now entering through a hole we made in the roof that stretches most of the way down through the building. We should be arriving at the entrance to the maze in less than a minute."

That done, the group landed at the bottom of the hole he had made, walking into the basement to find a dark room with only one door illuminated in any way. In front of the door though, was a student of Kansai Academy, standing there with his duel disk activated in front of the door, and starting to speak as they approached.

"Sorry, but you guys aren't allowed through here unless you beat me first, so how about you send the little girl over there against me."

Ren, along with most of the club looked across at Yuki, who replied with a simple nod before walking forward. Glancing across at the rest of the club as Yuki walked forward and activated her own disk once more, as the duel field sprung up the rest of the club dashed past the guy and entered the maze, leaving just Yuki to face him to his annoyance.

Yuki

With the rest in the maze, and just this guy in front of her to worry about, she finally spoke up as she started. 

"You challenged me, so you can't really leave the duel to stop the rest from entering the maze. Also, since you challenged me, I'll make the first move, Draw."

Looking at her hand, Yuki smiled as some possible plays came to mind, before making her first move.

"I'll start by activating the continuous spell, Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen, and using it's effect to Special Summon Darklord Asmodeus to the field."

A small temple appeared behind Yuki, with red curtains at the back that were quickly swept aside for a moment to reveal the silver-armoured fallen angel.

"I'll use the effect of Darklord Asmodeus, allowing me to send Darklord Superbia directly from my deck to the graveyard. I'll then set one card face-down and end my turn."

A brief image of another card appeared, in front of her for a moment, that of Darklord Superbia before vanishing, as a face-down appeared before her.

The facedown isn't the dangerous card here, as much as it may look like it. The three cards still sitting in my hand will be much more of a problem for my opponent.

[spoiler=Duel Stats]

Yuki: 8000 lp

Monsters: Darklord Asmodeus (3000 ATK/2500 DEF)

S/T: Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen, 1 facedown card

Graveyard: Darklord Superbia[/spoiler]

Hannah turned the color of a beet as the word 'boyfriend' was thrown around, waving her hands in front of her frantically, trying to explain herself for what reason she was not sure. "B-boyfriend?!?! Going out? No! No no no no no no no no! No! We aren't together! You two are just ridiculous! You try to make me look like a fool when you just go around making assumptions! You don't know me! You don't know him! How on earth would you know that I love him!" Her eyes widened as she said the last words, even more blood rushing to her face. "N-not that I love him, or anything! We are just friends! Best friends! He is like a brother to me, or something! Just mind your own business!"

"I'm not silent"

Hannah looked to her right, seeing Cedric with a small smile on his face. Despite all the surrounding circumstances, this expression looked odd on his face, not being something she had seen often. "Don't worry about them, Cedric. They are just trying to get to us. Ignore them!"

He looked back to her, brushing his hair out of his face, the smile fading back into a tired frown. "They aren't trying to get to us, Hannah. They are trying to get to you. Focus." He looked back to the opponents, adding a card to his hand, "In any case, it is my turn now. Let's see... What can I do... very well... this ought to work... I will set two cards, and normal summon my Cyber Valley, in attack position." Playing his cards, what would appear to be the dead shell of a once legendary monster rose from the ground in front of him, curling itself around him as protection. Beneath it, the form of two face-down cards would appear. "That is all."

[spoiler=Game State]

Hannah

Cards In Hand: 2

Monsters: Gambler of Legend (ATK position, ATK:500/DEF:1400)

S/T: 2 FD, Dangerous Machine Type-6

Graveyard: Nothing

Lifepoints: 4000

Cedric

Cards In Hand: 3

Monsters: Cyber Valley (ATK position, ATK:0/DEF:00

S/T: 2 FD

Graveyard: None

Lifepoints: 4000

[/spoiler]

Me thinks she protests too much. Lykinnia said in amusement. This is quite hilarious if I do say so myself Lykinnia. What a chatterbox this one is. Now I guess that makes it my turn. Olithia drew her card and looked at her hand. She smirked as it looked like attacking would be a foolish choice for her. It would only trigger and activate that Cyber Valley's effect.

Well I play one monster in face down defense position. Then I activate the spell card Dark Snake Syndrome. Lykinnia looked as all of the combatants were getting a long snake like shadow surrounding their bodies. Olithia you scamp. Playing such a deadly card like that. Well this does make things more interesting doesn't it? You know me, I do love things that are interesting. Now for you two, this lovely spell card is going to deal damage to everyone during each of my turns. So I'll add one more spell/trap card to my backrow and that will be the end of my turn. 

[spoiler: Game State]

Lykinnia

S/T: Mask of the Accursed, Mask of the Accursed, 3 F/D

Olithia

Field: 1 FD monster

S/T: Dark Snake Syndrome, 1 FD

[/spoiler]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mysterious cloaked female looked on as she noticed that her opponent chose to make a more passive play. This was quite disappointing. Though it was probably more logical to make a move like that since she could not attack first. I shall take the next turn. I draw! First I summon Blade Knight to the field in attack mode. In front of the cloaked figure a silver knight stood forth. Now I like you, I will put two cards face-down. David looked slightly nervous as his teammate was clearly using such an archaic monster. What kind of monster is that! Ugh we better not loose because of you. You should stay focused on your own playing. We seem to be against family members. Meaning their teamwork is more than likely going to be super effective. 

[spoiler:Game State]

???

Field: Blade Knight (ATK 1600/1000)

S/T: 2 F/D

David

S/T: N/A

[/spoiler]

"Waydah state de obvious Zelda" Drey chided as he drew his card.

It would have seemed strange to see Adel make such a passive play, but then, that was the point of her side of the tag. Use the better parts of the Battleguard support line in order to allow Drey to focus entirely on crushing his opposition; he knew full well that is was one of the two if she set it. Plus, his hand was looking incredibly sexy right now. "I'll also use "Battleguards! Battleguards! to add a Field Battleguard to my hand. But, I'll discard him in order do grab Battleguard Battlegrounds from my deck!" Drey declared, sending the newly added monster to the grave.

The cinematic was seen as the card spiralled into a purple nexus as Drey grabbed his field spell. "And next, I play Rising Battleguard!" Drey cried, activating a spell card with the image of the epic scene of Swamp Battleguard and Lava Battleguard overcoming Serpent Night Dragon.

"Using Rising, I discard High-Orc Battleguard from my hand, in order do summon a High-Ogre from my deck, unless you have any objections?" Drey inquired, looking at the cloaked girl.

Her cold indifference showed that she didn't, so too another card joined the dark portal, allowing Drey to grab another card from his deck, the High-Ogre Battleguard. He flipped out of his summoning portal and smashed the ground with his club, an obvious taunt towards his opponent. "High-Ogre ain't alone, as I also Special Summon Doppel Battleguard!"

Appearing from a seperate portal came a rather short Battleguard wearing a ridiculously huge tiki-like mask, and he was holding two flat clubs in each hand. "Doppel Battleguard is dreated as deh Battleguard monster mentioned in another Battleguard's effect. So, he's dreated as High-Orc Battleguard as well. But since High-Ogre requires battle dat's not importat anyways" Drey explained as Doppel's appearance rippled slightly.

"I'll also Set a mon-"

"Drey" Adel cut in curtly.

Drey gave her an annoyed look as he kept his arm held in the usual way he would move to set a monster. "I don't think overextending like that would be a sound tactic" she remarked.

Drey was confused by this comment, but slowly, and surely, realization dawned on him in his near ape-like O shaped expression of his lips. He returned the monster he was going to set back to his hand and replaced it with another card. "I'll set a field spell and activate Charging Battleguard Brigade. I end my durn" Drey conceded as a spell card with the image of many Battleguards charging appeared on his field.

[spoiler=Field]
Adel: 4000
Monsters: 1 Set
S/Ts: 2 Set
Graveyard: Battleguards! Battleguards!

Drey: 4000
Monsters: High-Ogre Battleguard, Doppel Battleguard
S/Ts: Charging Battleguard Brigade, 1 Set Field Spell
Graveyard: Battleguards! Battleguards!, Field Battleguard, High-Orc Battleguard, Rising Battleguard
Banished: N/A[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cards used]
Field Battleguard
EARTH
Warrior / Effect
You can discard this card from your hand; add 1 “Battleguard Battlegrounds” from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
ATK: 0 / DEF: 0

Rising Battleguard
Normal Spell
Discard 1 “Battleguard” monster from your hand; Special Summon the “Battleguard” monster listed in the discarded monster’s card text from your Deck.

Doppel Battleguard

EARTH

Warrior / Effect

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) while you control a “Battleguard” monster (except “Doppel Battleguard”). While you control a “Battleguard” monster (except “Doppel Battleguard”): This card’s name is also treated as the “Battleguard” monster listed in a “Battleguard” monster’s card text.

ATK: 0 / DEF: 0

High-Ogre Battleguard

EARTH

Warrior / Effect

If you control a Level 7 or higher “Battleguard” monster: You can Normal Summon this card with 1 less Tribute. Once per turn when a “Battleguard” monster you control destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy 1 card on the field. You must control a “High-Orc Battleguard” in order to activate and resolve this effect.

ATK: 2700 / DEF: 1800

Charging Battleguard Brigade

Continuous Spell

Each time a “Battleguard” monster you control battles: Increase the ATK of all other “Battleguard” monsters you control by 300 until the End Phase. You can only control 1 “Charging Battleguard Brigade”.[/spoiler]

Nathan sighted with relief, when Jacob managed to negate 'Skill Drain'. "Don't worry, at least you have those cards now. I have the very bad habit of drawing the wrong cards in the right moments." Their opponent, however, seemed not to be that happy about this duels developments.

"You guys are not fooling around, thats nice. But I have some other tricks up my sleeve too. But for now, I might only set 4 cards face-down. You might think you made a big win, when you destroyed 'Skill Drain', but that was just a warm-up. Just, lay back and see," he said, before ending his turn, his Duel Disk now showing a full backrow.

"We're not laying back on anything! Draw!" Nathan added the card to his hand, which now contained 'Wattdragonfly', 'Waboku' and another 'Messenger of Peace'. "First, I decide not to pay the cost for 'Messenger of Peace', thus, it is destroyed and I am allowed to finish you off now! I Normal Summon 'Wattdragonfly' and use the last Material of my M7 to bounce your 'Beast King Barbaros'!" A colorful and small dragonfly appeared on Nathans side of the field, when the opponents last Monster disappeared back into his hand.

However, he seemed not to mourne the loss. "Who said I need it anymore? It was a decoy, thats it. To raise your urgency to destroy 'Skill Drain'. Nothing more. This whole duel is running exactly as it is supposed to run. And I'll show you what I mean: 'Fatal Abacus' and 'Curse of Darkness'!" Two of their opponents Traps flipped face-up, with an effect that would inflict 500 Damage to a player, each time one of their Monsters is destroyed and one that would inflict 1000 Life Points Damage to a player that activated a Spell Card.

Nathan gulped at this. That was limiting his options drastically. But he was still able to attack, so if that last remeaning Trap wasn't something overpowered, Nathan could win now: "M7, attack him directly!" The huge dragon shot a wave of energy at the opponent, who recoiled at the impact, but then, one more Trap showed itself on the opponents side of the field: 'Des Counterblow' "You ran straight into my trap. Well, literally. Your Monster is destroyed, since it inflicted Battle Damage by a Direct Attack. And thus, you take 500 Life Points Damage due to 'Fatal Abacus'." Nathans strong Xyz Monster just exploded above him and the force of that knocked him backwards. He could attack their opponent again with 'HTS Psyhemuth', but that would take Nathans chance of attacking with another Monster during the course of the duel away, so he just ended his turn there, by setting one last card.

Jacob

LP: 6500

5 Cards in Hand

--Monsters:

Emerald Dragon (1000 ATK, 2000 DEF)

---Spell/Traps:

1 Set

Nathan

LP: 700

2 Cards in Hand

--Monsters:

HTS Psyhemuth (2400 ATK, 1800 DEF)

Wattdragonfly (900 ATK, 100 DEF)

---Spell/Traps

2 Set

Fudo Student

LP: 3100

2 Cards in Hand (Beast King Barbaros, 1 unknown)

--Monsters:

none

---Spell/Traps

Imperial Custom

Fatal Abacus

Curse of Darkness

Des Counterblow

Skill Drain (negated)

[/spoiler]

Jacob soon sighed. "Great. Well, I gotta somehow get past this now, huh?" He thought as he drew his 6th card. It was the one card that could beat his opponent..the problem was, he only had one, so if this didn't work, he was done for. "Hmm...you're quite the crazy one, aren't you? Well then, I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Imperial Custom, and then I activate The Wingbeat of the Giant Dragon, sending my Emerald Dragon to my hand and then destroying all of your stupid Trap Cards!" Jacob soon said as the green dragon shot his wings at the two traps as they turned into dust in the air. When Jacob saw this, two gigantic lightning bolts shot into Jacob, making him wince in pain. "It may have cost me 2000 Life Points, but now we are now safe from your trickery! Next, I activate the special ability of The Soul of an Emerald Dragon, allowing me to Special Summon him in Defense Position since Emerald Dragon left the field!" Jacob soon said as a floating green orb once again returned to the wasteland that was once Fudo Academy. He felt like he was going to fall down after that shocking blow from the traps, but it was now over. He had to keep fighting. It was once again mere luck that he was able to pull that off, but he did, and that's all that mattered. "Finish this quickly, Nathan..somehow.."

Jacob
LP: 4500
3 Cards in Hand
--Monsters:
The Soul of an Emerald Dragon (100 ATK, 1700 DEF)
---Spell/Traps:
None

[/spoiler]

[Celia]

Much to her burden, it seemed like yes; Celia managed to lose her way inside the maze. Despite not returning to the same spot over and over, the fact that she didn’t manage to find an exit really disturbed her. She didn’t even bring breads or things like that with her, so she couldn’t really cheat her way out of the maze.

“Kinda lost here, eh?”

And, to her disappointment, it was a boy that blocked her way. Celia didn’t even bother to analyze the boy’s appearance.

:”My name is Armeth, my dear. It seems sad that a beauty like you is on the enemy’s side. But it is still not too late for you to change sides.”

“Get lost.”

“Really? Then I guess a loss at a duel will show you the truth.”

“Whatever.”

[spoiler=Celia vs Armeth]

Armeth won the coin toss. His expression immediately changed into a smug one, though Celia thought that the expression were..forced?

“My, my, my. It seems like destiny wanted me to win this duel.

I normal summon, Noble Knight Medraut! And I equip a Noble Arms – Gallatin from my hand! Medraut’s effect, I special summon a Noble Knight Borz from my deck!”

Oh great. I now need to beat down this Noble Knight deck, which I can’t, actually.

“Done with your turn?”
“Of course not yet, my dear. The king has not yet arrived.

Borz’s effect, I pick 3 Noble Arms card from my deck, and you shall choose which one I’ll add to my hand.”

There was now 3 floating cards in front of Celia.

“I’ll choose..

The middle one.”

It was Noble Arms, Caliburn.

“Thank you, my fair lady. I add Caliburn to my hand, and send the rest to the graveyard!

And then, it is time.

The king of a prosperous kingdom, the young king that was revered by the masses

The king of knights, descend! Xyz Summon, King of the Noble Knights, Artorigus!”

The descend of the king of knights made Celia nervous as she looked at her starting hand to find something to use to defeat-

Wait a second,

Celia noticed an Effect Veiler in her hand, and for once in this duel, she might be able to survive.

“Artorigus’s effect-“

“Nope, I activate Effect Veiler.”

Rather than surprise or annoyance, Armeth was seemingly calm as his monster’s effect was negated; too calm perhaps
“That was quite expected, to be honest. Then, I equip Noble Arms – Caliburn from my hand, and activate the effect of Queen of the Noble Arms, Gwenhyfar in my graveyard and equip it to Artorigus.

I set 1 card in my backrow, and ended my turn.”

And that’s it?
I guess I can really win this then.

It was then Celia’s turn. After looking once at the cards in her hand, she sighed. It was not really good.

“I Normal Summon, Earthly Celestial of the Material World! With her effect, I send a Silent Servant of the Celestial from my deck to the graveyard!

Then, I activate Celestial Gift, banishing a Silent Servant of the Celestials in my hand to draw 2 cards, and an additional card thanks to Servant’s effect!

Then I set 2 cards, and ended my turn.”

With these 2 Forbidden Lance, I should be able to take out Artorigus with ease.

“So, what is your name?”
“Huh?”

It was out of the blue, it’s like the question was in a separate plane with the duel.

“Yeah, just like I’ve said, I wanted to know your name, milady.”

“Celia.”

“Hm?”

“My name is Celia St-Michaelis.”

“I see, So, Celia huh? I hope we can meet again when this nonsensical war is over. Preferably in front of an altar.”

Wait what.

“My turn! Artorigus’s effect!

I send Gwen into the graveyard and destroy your two set cards!”

“Not so fast!

I chain, Forbidden Lance! And another!”

With the lances, Artorigus’s power was drained, his sword was destroyed, and his attack dropped to 400. But Armeth was not even bothered with that.

“My dear Celia, that definitely was not enough to stop the king. Did you happen to observe my graveyard? Look at the second card I sent there with Borz.”

Oh crap.

“Yes, my dear. You have made a grave mistake.

I banish Noble Arms Excaliburn from my graveyard!

The king who had faced many hardships, the king who desired to protect his people…

Liberate them from the clutches of the invaders!

This is the Triumphant Return of the King of Knights!  Chaos Xyz Change, Sacred King of the Noble Knights, Artorigus!

With its effect, I equip Gallatin and Caliburn! And Gwen’s effect, I also equip her to the King, boosting him to 4000 Attack!

Artorigus’s effect!”

The King slammed his sword to the ground, creating a shockwave on the ground that travelled into Celia’s Earthly Celestial, and knocked the wingless angel out.

“Battle Phase!

Artorigus, direct attack!”

Without warning, Artorigus was already in front of Celia, and slashed at her for half of her life points.

Celia dropped to the ground coughed blood immediately after taking that much damage.

Damn, at a time like this?

“Uh, are you okay?

Should I call this duel off?”

Armeth was genuinely concerned about Celia’s condition, but she shrugged his offer and stood up to her feet once again.

“This is a war between my side and your side.

Despite how much you and I hated this, we can’t simply abandon our side in this war.

So, I’ll have to finish this.”

“….Very well.”

Celia drew a card. She currently had 4 cards in her hand, but that hopefully was enough.

“I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your set card!”

It was a Call of the Haunted, not something actually dangerous. Now Celia regretted the fact that she didn’t target Gwenhyfar instead.

“Normal Summon, Celestial Dragon of the Flawless Veil! And with its effect, I send the top 4 cards of my deck to the graveyard!”

It was Dark Hole, Fiendish Chain, Celestial Knight of the Thunderclouds, and another Celestial Dragon of the Flawless Veil.

“Then, I activate!

The desire of heaven, Ascension of the Celestial Beings!

With it, I banish a Flawless Veil, a Silent Servant, and a Celestial Knight from my graveyard!

The dragon that governed over the illusion called ‘Heaven’!

Ascend into a higher plane of existence! Celestial Dragon Lord of the Immaterial Realm!

Also, I draw a card with Silent Servant’s effect.”

The white dragon lets out a mighty roar, but Artorigus was seemingly unfazed by it. But Celia knew better. She managed to draw into Honest, and she hoped it would be enough to remove Artorigus from the field.

“Battle Phase!

Celestial Dragon, attack Artorigus!

And I activate the effect of Honest in my hand!

Celestial Dragon’s ATK becomes 6700!”

Before the attack wans conducted, Armeth called out to Celia.

“Celia, I want to say something.”

“Hm?”

“About what you said earlier..

Yes, you are right. They are my people, my friends, and as you have said, I will try my best to protect them.

But, as long as Quasar is here, this school will become a battlefield again and again, and my people, my friends will die one by one.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Let us finish this duel first, and then I’ll continue this conversation.”

The Celestial Dragon let out a beam of destructive white light at Artorigus. The king closed his eye, seemingly accepting his would be demise.

But, as the beam of light would strike him, he opened his eye and blocked the beam with his sword.

Armeth revealed a card in his hand.

“The guardian angel..

He’s with me too.”

“Ah.”

That was the moment Celia knew she had lost.

“Yes, I chain to the attack with my own Honest, and Artorigus’s attack became 10700,

It’s over.”

Artorigus’s sword was bright. The next second, he reflected Celestial Dragon’s attack back at it, and wiping the rest of Celia’s life points in the process.

“I’m sorry.”

And Celia passed out as she lost the duel.

[/spoiler]

-----

Celia found herself being carried over on Armeth’s back. Normally, she would protest, but she was too weak to even talk at that time.

After reaching somewhere, Armeth placed Celia gently near a wall.

“Ack, I didn’t think you’ll faint when you lose the duel.

Uh..no, I’m not going to do anything terrible to you, I promise.

Anyway, can you hear me?”

Celia nodded weakly.

“I see, so now, please listen to me carefully. As of now, you are somewhere near the exit of this labyrinth.

Why did I bring you here, if you may ask?

I have a favor to ask to you. Please, try your best to have your side secure Quasar from our place.

…I can’t handle it anymore. I don’t want more people to die. The sooner your side wins, more and more people can be saved.

So please.”

Did he actually being honest with me here?

It seems so, and even though I am still not fully convinced, but I am in no position to argue about this now

Once again, Celia nodded.

“Then this is it.

I’ll now return to my post. I can’t let anyone see us together.

…I hope to see you soon, Celia.”

With a smile, the boy disappeared back into the darkness of the labyrinth. As Celia was still too weak, she decided to take her time to rest before going out of the labyrinth.

[Shiki]

Shiki managed to win without too much problem on her second turn in the duel against Maria, as she successfully pulled a Machu Mech one turn kill.

As soon as she defeated her, Marie started to cry.

“No!

No!

No!

Everyone..I-I failed..

I’m a failure to all of you.”

As the little red-haired girl In front of her cried, Shiki walked past her, ignoring the crying girl. But several steps away, she stopped in her tracks, as a wave of images flashed inside her mind.

A little girl, crying alone.

Her friends gone, her family gone.

She cried and cried until she ran out of tears

“…”

She realized that leaving Maria to die here would be cruel, cruel act. Maria would only be yet another needless casualty in the war.

For once, the girl named Shiki pitied someone.

-------------

She approached Maria, who was still sobbing on the floor, and sat next to her.

“You know, I want to ask something. Why are you here anyway?”

“..huh?”

“Yeah, someone as young as you, in a high school-nay, in a battlefield like this.

Why are you here? Why do you fight here?”

“…I’m not young! I’m 16!

And you know something? The people that you and your friends killed, they are all my friends!

How can you be so casual about it! I swear, I’ll kill you all!”

The girl was still really bitter about everything. Shiki sighed, and patted the girl in her back.

“You know what?

If you want to take revenge, now is not the time.

You’re in no position to fight back now, especially not alone.

Rather than dying here, I suggest you to escape now, and return another day if you still want revenge.

Here, I’ll help you.”

After making sure that no-one else were there, Shiki undressed herself, and gave her uniform to Maria.

“With this, hopefully you can avoid being detected as a Fudo Academy student.

You won’t get away easily with your uniform anyway, so I’ll wear it for you.”

“…”

------

After switching their uniforms with each other, Maria immediately ran away, without even thanking Shiki or saying goodbye. It was quite understandable.

But the simple fact that she had a chance to survive in the battle made Shiki quite happy, enough to ignore the fact that she might be targeted for attacks by people from her school.

-----

Not too long after that, Shiki found Celia near the exit out of pure luck; the girl was seemingly quite drained.

“Uh hi Shiki. Weird clothing there. You have switched side?”

It seemed like Celia was still half asleep. Shiki decided to sit down beside her, and wait for the others to make it there.

Grabbing Celia’s Duel Disk, Shiki inputted several numbers, and activated the duel disk’s message system.

“This is Shiki Kazami from the Esoterica Club, a part of the Strike Team. I and Celia are now near a place that I assumed to be an exit of the labyrinth.

Where are you guys now?”

Shiki then leaned towards the wall, her feet were somewhat achy from all the running around and walking. She did realize that if she had only brought her jetpack here, it’d be easier. But both she and Celia managed to break it not long after they entered the battlefield.

Shiki turned her sight at Celia, who was now sleeping peacefully. The girl that once she thought as quite annoying now seemed to be kind of cool. Shiki would still reserve her judgment for Celia later though, as she didn’t even get to partake in the actual club’ activity yet.

She only hoped that Celia would stop peeking at her whenever she takes a bath.

It was a while before Ririko and the Fortune Club heard again from any of the other students, after having fought their way up to the school's main gate, they'd gotten themselves caught up in a tricky labyrinth of sorts, so when they finally heard Shiki's voice it was a relief.

"Shiki?" Diana was the one to respond, "We're headed your way... I think... actually were-" Diana was cut off as she dived out of the way of a huge fireball.

"Kekekeke, how did you like my Asterius' Hades Deluge?" A girl with a think accent and silver hair stood at the end of the hall way, an enormous beast with flame coming out of its nostrils standing over her. 

I'll take her," Suzuka announced with a devilish smirk on her face, "besides I believe I have some grievances with this schools hospitality I wish to make known, and I think little miss b**** here is apart of the complaint department."

"Oh," replied the girl incredulous, "you have the audacity to march into our school, guns a blanzin' and think you have the right to complain? Oh it is so on." The beast disappeared from the girl's side as she activated her duel disk. 

Nelly looked on as this weird motorcycle girl came out of nowhere defying his authority. She started off cloaked but she removed it to make sure she could see eye-to-eye with her target. I can't understand why someone so young would take such wicked turn, but I know that I will be the one to stop your conquest. The fact that your unhealthy military campaign would go on this long with out interruption only proves that you have corrupted our very nation. That stops now. I Rai-mei will be the one to defeat you. What you know means nothing to me, who you are means even less. Now I am pretty sure you are not the one in possession of what I seek so get out of my way and let me out of this useless prison. 

Then how about we settle this with a turbo duel then? I win you abandon your malicious ambitions. And if I win you and I will have another conversation about my ambition. Nelly responded of the cuff. Even if he did lose he would just punch this child in the face and proceed on his way. I guess I should come up with some mode of transportation then. Rai-mei nodded. Nelly pulled a card from his back pocket. I'll summon Daibattles then. Nelly only had to hold the card for it to appear as lifesize go cart on the road next to him. He got inside the vehicle and familiarized himself with the whole steering aspect. Rai-mei pulled up next to him. Are you ready for this she said in a very serious tone. You've made this a lot harder than it has to be, but yes I am ready. 

The two speed off down the seemingly infinite road. Duuuueeellll!

[spoiler: Nelly vs. Rai-mei]

Turn 1:

Nelly made it to the first curve first and surprisingly enough took the first turn. He drew his first card. He had no idea what his opponent would be playing so the best thing would be is to play it safe. I Special Summon Photon Thrasher to the field. The monster with the massive sword floated next to Nelly and his car. Next I summon Galaxy Robo Daiheart, a blue machine like warrior with a massive read shield and large sword stood next to the thrasher. Now I sacrifice both of my monsters to special summon Galaxy Robo Great Daiyusha! The two monsters disappear into balls of light and from the stars in the distance the massive machine monster flew right next to Nelly. After that I will set two cards facedown and end my turn. Nelly was really wondering why this road seemed to have no end in sight. What is actually going on with this place?

Nelly: 8000

Raimei: 8000

[spoiler: Customs]

Galaxy Robo Great Daiyusha
Machine/Light/Effect
This monster can be Special Summoned from your hand by tributing 2 Level 4 OR Level 8 LIGHT monsters. During the turn when this monsters ATK is 4500 or higher it inflicts piercing damage and can attack twice during each battle phase.
3000/2500

[/spoiler]

Turn 2:

Raimei drew her card. Since you have a monster and I do not I get to special summon my T.G. Striker. Next since a level 4 or lower monster was just special summoned I can special summon my T.G. Warwolf from my hand. Like that the mechanical warwolf and blue man appeared on the field. Now I normal summon T.G. Cyber Magician. So first I tune my T.G. Striker and my T.G. Warwolf to make T. G. Hyper Librarian!! The stars began cluster around the two creatures and when the light finished shining. In its place was man with a long cloak and sunglasses. Now my magician’s ability. I can tune it with the T.G. Rush Rhino in my hand to make T.G. Wonder Magician. Rush Rhino and the magician cluster in the stars and in their wake they come as bigger magician with pink hair. Now my Librarian’s effect is that when someone synchro summons I get to draw a card. Next my magician gets to destroy one of your spell or trap cards. The pink haired creature blasted one of Nelly’s facedowns.

Now the conditions are met. Nelly Muhammad I am about to show you the power that is going to destroy you! Raimei accelerated right past Nelly. Nelly only watched as his opponent disappeared into light. Then he turned around as Raimei came out of some kind of worm hole with some new monster. This new creature was massive, green, and carried a really oversized gun. Nelly did notice though that it had more attack than his Daiyusha. Behold Nelly my Accel Synchro Tech Genus BLADE BLASTER!! Now behold as he shootes down your machine. BLADE BLASTER CANNON FIRE!! The green warrior shot its buster cannon at Daiyusha, but Daiyusha didn’t back down. The mechanized warrior flew straight into the beam with his shield raised. Nelly looked on at the struggle and he simply discarded the one card in his hand. I activate the effect of Honest in my hand. With this my Daiyusha gains attack equal to the attack of your monster. Sooo lets watch what happens. Raimei could only look on in horror as Diayusha gained angel like wings and then he seemed to have 6300 attack points. Daiyusha plowed through the beams and slashed Blade Blaster in half. The resulting explosion made Raimei almost lose balance from her bike but she regained composure as she watched a large chunk of her lifepoints drop. I’ll set two cards and end my turn.

Raimei: 5000

Turn 3:

Nelly drew his card as he made a sharp turn driving down this endless road and looking at the stars. My deck seems to have gotten bored with this contest. I activate the spell card Galaxy Expedition meaning since I have a face-up “Galaxy” monster on my side of the field that’s higher than level 5 I get to go in my deck and special summon one Galaxy monster from my deck to the field in defense mode. I choose to summon the support system of the Galaxy! Come out Super Galaxy Robo Daikaiser! Kneeling next to Daiyusha was the red massive megazord-like creature. Now I activate my face down card, Call of the Haunted. Allowing me to special summon Daiheart from my graveyard. Now Daiheart’s effect will activate changing its level to level 8. Since we are doing the kindness of showing each other some new tricks I will show you some tricks on my end.

I now conduct the overlay network. This galaxy race track of yours lacks one thing. The one thing that is lacking from this world. JUSTICE!! Come Seeker of justice, bringer of peace, XYZ NEXUS OVERRIDE NEO GALAXY ROBO ULTIMATE DAIYUSHA!! The three monsters disappeared into the overlay network and from came the massive megazord creature. Raimei grimaced as if she was ready to take this attack head on. Nelly turned his to look back at her. Oh don’t get to comfortable. Time for my monsters' effects to activate. Raimei looked shocked as she noticed that Ultimate Daiyusha started glowing. First since he gains 200 attack points for every Galaxy Robo that I have as an overlay unit. Since I have three that means he gains 600 attack points (4500à5100). Next Daikaiser gives the monster that uses him as Xyz Material 2000 extra attack points and an extra attack (5100à7100). Raimei was literally afraid at having to contend with a monster that powerful. Nelly took a couple of seconds to enjoy the scenery. You know there is a student in one of my clubs who make a monster this powerful. I often wonder what it would be like if I were to battle with that person.

You monster! I won’t let you win this easily. Easily…you’re implying that you could provide any kind of a challenge. Anyone that is a challenge for me goes to my school. I already knew going into this invasion that I would be bored. No one of worth is here to oppose me. Daiyusha end her. The massive monster raised his sword and shouted JUSTICE SLASH!! As the blade was coming down Raimei activated her facedown. I activate the trap card call of the haunted. With it I revive my Blade Blaster. Nelly simply waved his hand downward and the Daiyusha continued with the justice slash. Now Blade Blaster dodge it with your ability. Nelly didn’t understand the tactic as it just left Raimei open to being attacked again. I chain to my ability by activating my trap card known as waboku. So I don’t take any damage this turn. Then why bring the monster…Nelly nodded as he could see what she was hoping for. Fine then let’s see how lucky your draw is. I’ll end my turn and with that Daikaiser’s effects wear off (7100à5100).

Turn 4:

It’s not about luck Nelly. This is about effort and hard work! Behold… Raimei’s hand start began to glow bright red and she put her hand on her deck and drew a card. Here it is! I activate the spell card Magic Planter! Meaning I get to send my face-up call of the haunted to the graveyard to draw two cards. Nelly chuckled at the marvelous amounts of topdecking this women just pulled off. It didn’t matter. Her big green monster wasn’t a match for his warrior of justice. Now I summon another cyber magician and with use it with the T.G. Gear Zombie in my hand to make T.G. Reciprico Dragonfly. The two monsters turned into stars and came out with a little whirling bug creature. Now I use its effect to de-synchro my Blade Blaster. Nelly watch as the green warrior went back to the pink haired wizard and the librarian.

Nelly…behold the power of the future! Raimei’s entire motorcycle started to glowing and then it took flight. Then she started flying into the stars. Raimei came down in front of Nelly with a massive pillar of light. Surpassing all that is Accel Synchro Summoning and looking into the future I will bring forth this new light. Come now DELTA ACCEL SYNCHRO!! Nelly watched as from this pillar a massive creature with a large halberd. Nelly looked and laughed as he didn’t understand what was happening here but it sure was fancy.

BEHOLD TECH GENUS HALBERD CANNON!!

With that I end my turn!

Turn 5:

Nelly drew his card and he realized that this woman was simply stalling for something more turns. You cling to hope with an ultimate monster that has less attack than mine. Let’s end this here why don’t we. I activate the spell card Impact: Justice Slash!!. Long story short your cannon is banished and let’s see with no hand and no field. I guess this was easier than I thought.

Raimei was panicked as her ace was destroyed with only one spell card. Raimei was fighting back tears as she did not want Nelly to get the satisfaction of watching her cry. Nelly didn’t even look back as Daiyusha delivered the final blow. JUSTICE SLASH!! The blade came down on Raimei and with that she was flung off her motorcycle and she literally hit the ground rolling. (5000à0)

[spoiler: Customs]

Impact:  Justice Slash!!

Quick-play spell

If you control a "Daiyusha": Target 1 card on the fieldbanish that target. If you do not control "Galaxy Robo Great Daiyusha", you can only activate this card during your turn.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Nelly stopped his car and went over to Raimei’s body as she was still conscious. So that was a grand waste of time. I mean you could have simply summoned those three synchro’s in defense mode, but I would have killed all of them and probably still have won. Either way nice light show. You have no idea what you are doing. I don’t know how much time you have left so don’t waste oxygen. I just need you to tell me who made this random puzzle room for Fudo Academy…Was it the “Liberators?” Nelly asked in a deadly serious tone. I’ll tell you nothing Raimei said as a last act of defiance.

Nelly just stood there and nodded. Well guess that means that there is no more use for you now is there. Nelly dragged Raimei by the foot and brought her to the edge of this random drive way. He balanced her body right on the edge of this track. Seems like you didn’t have a clear mind there did you? With that Nelly simply kicked Raimei’s body off of the edge of the track and she would fall into the seemingly empty void that was this room. Though he did manage to get Blade Blaster and Halberd Cannon. I guess I got something out of this. He then got back into his car which he was surprised that was still there. He kept driving till he saw what seemed to be a light at the of the room. Clearly that must’ve been the exit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nantian was limping down the hall when he could hear several of the student had made their way into the maze. He then saw another door to explore but instead of opening it the door opened itself. Coming out of the door was Nelly himself. Nantian looked pretty stunned even though he didn't understand why at the moment. Nelly looked up at Nantian and raised an eyebrow. Sooo you used the garbage engine didn't you? Yes. It worked out in the end though. Some asprin and non-addictive painkillers I'll be alright. Nelly rolled his eyes. The last thing he needed was one of his student council members needing all of this medical attention. Status update. Well it looks like some members of the Strike team finally made to the maze. They should be getting rid of the Fudo student population. Good. Let them rampage a little bit then we'll direct them to the location of Shooting Quasar. Wait, how do you know where it is? Easy we've been thinking about this all the wrong way. The quickest way between any two points is a straight line meaning this maze is nothing but a decoy. A decoy. Yes it just takes advantage of the fact that we as humans naturally follow rules. We conform to a game's rules without any question. What? Think of it like this. You're an adult why did you actually duel a student. You had to be strong enough beat up whoever it was? Ummm...It's because you conformed to this unwritten rule that we have to solve our problems with a card game. The same with this maze. No matter how many twist and turns there are, there is one truth. If we punch down every wall we can get to the end like a straight line. How does that work though our duel disk shut down when we entered the school? Correct but they activate again once you enter the maze. Are you serious? Yes, but it hards to notice that if you submitted to the rule that once you can't summon monsters inside the school. Summoning monsters is the only way they can defend against an army its only logical that they turn on their defenses in this place. 

Now why don't you give that whole being a signer thing a shot and see how that works out for you. Well...couldn't hurt to try. Nantian took a deep breath and began to glow red. The right claw of the red Signer Dragon appeared on his arm. This hand of mine is burning red...Are you really doing this?...it's loud roar tells me to cry victory! ABSOLUTE POWER FORCE!! Nantian's body turned pure red and then both the images of Red Dragon Archfiend and Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend came from behind him. The two dragons combined destroyed a wall which led to a very long narrow hallway. Nelly and Nantian were both amused. Now I'm sure the Quasar is at the end of that hallway make sure only the worthy are going to challenge it. I would like to have this taken care of in one shot. I'm going to go take care of something else. Isn't this the reason why here? Nantian asked with a slight sigh. Yes it is the primary reason, but there is a secondary and tertiary reason as well. I can handle those by myself. Nelly said as he walked backwards towards the exit. 

Nantian could only shake his head and laugh. Then he waited till Nelly was completely out of sight to get on the intercom with the strike team that was in the maze. Thank you for showing up...finally. Alright here is the deal I don't know where you all are but when you're done thrashing these kids meet me where the two giant dragons that only belong to me are standing. I don't know the lay out of this place, but I think we've found the final boss room. 

"I don't know who you are or what the hell's wrong with you, but I'm not letting you tear down the academy just for some rare card!" Katsumi retaliated, and with that, he immediately activated his Duel Disk in case he needed it, "Now take me to your leader so I can end this bullshit!"

He wasn't expecting the trap before him to comply, but at least Katsumi was prepared for what had to be done.

'Cornered by a cripple... how humiliating,' the fleeing boy fearfully turned to Cordelia, "S-stay back! Don't make me duel you into sub-..."

"Tch, please," Cordelia intervened with a scoff, "None of you could even last in a duel against me... which is why I'm not looking for an opponent."

"You're... you're not?" the boy asked nervously.

"Of course not; that'd be a waste of my time. What I need is someone to lead me straight to Shooting Quasar Dragon."

"I can't do that! That's the card we're trying to protect!"

"Y'know, I can shock you to death with this modified cane stick here at any time." the boy gulped when Cordelia said this, as he saw her raised cane stick. He was certainly in trouble now, but didn't know what to do; should he sacrifice himself to keep the card's location a secret, or betray the Fudo Academy and save his skin?

Hannah began to panic, realizing her opponent's plan. 'They're just going to sit back and let their spells kill me... Once my standby phase rolls around, I will lose 1000 of my life points. Then at her turn I will be down to 1500. Then 500. Then 250. Then I will lose.' Trembling, she looked to Cedric, who looked as bored as ever. 'Does he not realize how bad this is..? I only have 2 turns left, counting this one... There is only one card in my deck that can save me... Number 7, please help me. I can't pull this one off on my own...'

An alienic 7 began to glow through her clothing on her shoulder as she placed a hand over the top card of her deck. "Let's go! Draw!" Performing an exaggerated and dramatized drawing motion, she swept her arm through the air, turning the card around so that she could see it. "Thanks, 7. Now! Before my standby phase, I activate my quick-play spell card! Dicephoon!" Slamming the card down on her duel disk, the randomizer activated. The number on her shoulder glowed brighter, the number landing on 5. "Perfect! Now since I got 5, my Dicephoon destroys two spell or trap cards on the field! Considering that Dark Snake Syndrome hurts them just as much as it hurts us, I will destroy both of those masks! They looked bad on my cards, anyway!" A hologram of a giant die would appear in the area between her gambler and her dangerous machine, beginning to spin rapidly. Its rotation speed increasing, the cyclone began to pick up dust, before pulling both of the masks into itself, disappearing with a small 'Pop!'.

"Now that those are out of the way, I will enter my standby phase! Dangerous Machine Type-6, do your thing!" The six lights that sat on her machine would begin to flash in a circular pattern, going faster and faster before suddenly stopping on the light on top. "With this result, I have to discard a card, but trust me this is what I wanted to do! I discard my Fusilier Dragon!" Grinning a near-maniacal grin, she placed the card halfway in the graveyard before revealing one of her face-down cards: Call of the Haunted. "Now, I activate my trap! With it, I can special summon a monster from my grave, this time the Fusilier Dragon I just discarded! Now I will equip it with Dark World Shackles, reducing its attack points to only 100. Now I will activate my other face-down card: Machine Duplication, allowing me to summon two more from my deck!"

Just as she said, her robotic assimilation of a dragon rose up from the ground, then the ground from which he rose swelled and exploded, revealing two more. "Now, with my three level 7 monsters, I can form the overlay network! Who needs help when you have luck like mine! Shine the spotlight, Number 7: Lucky Straight!" Just like in the field of zombies, a pillar of gold appeared, folding outward into the suited monster. This time, however, the posture was different. Instead of boisterously posing, it slouched, looking back at Hannah wearily as the number on her shoulder faded away into darkness.

"Now, I activate 7's effect! By detaching an xyz material, I can go for two random numbers! And because of my luck, I get a 6 and a 1! With this combination, my Number 7 has 4200 attack points, more than enough to kill either of you! Additionally, since the total was seven, I can send all other cards on the field to the graveya-" Looking down at her duel disk, she saw the result the randomizer gave her. Two ones. Snake eyes. The worst possible roll, leaving her monster at only 700 attack. "Wh-what..? That... has never happened... No matter, I will try again! I detach another material, and roll again!" Snake eyes. At this point, Hannah began to become worried. "Seven! What is wrong with you! Listen to me! I need a six and a one! Detach!" Snake eyes.

Hannah fell down on her knees, tears pouring from her eyes, having not only failed a roll for the first time, but having failed three in a row. Looking up to Cedric, she hoped for encouragement, but was met with only a puzzled stare, as he was trying to figure out what happened just as much as she was. "We... We can't win... Turn end..."

[spoiler=Game State]
Hannah

Cards In Hand: 1

Monsters: Gambler of Legend (ATK position, ATK:500/DEF:1400) Number 7: Lucky Straight (ATK position. ATK:700/DEF:700, no materials left)

S/T: Dangerous Machine Type-6, Call of the Haunted (no target)

Graveyard: Dicephoon, Inferno Reckless Summon, Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast (x3), Darkworld Shackles

Cards In Deck: 31

Cedric

Cards In Hand: 3

Monsters: Cyber Valley (ATK position, ATK:0/DEF:00

S/T: 2 FD

Graveyard: None

Cards In Deck: 34

[/spoiler]

And again, it was Jacob that saved Nathan from going down during this duel. Their opponent seemed to notice that too, so he Summoned 'Beast King Barbaros' and used it to attack 'Wattdragonfly', to get rid of Nathan before his turn would come around. However, Nathan still had his face-down 'Waboku' that blocked the attack and prevented any Damage.

Then, Nathans turn came around: "I activate my face-down 'Call of the Haunted' to revive 'Constellar Ptolemy M7'!" Once again, the machine-like Dragon appeared on Nathans side of the field, this time, devour of Overlay Units. As it stood, he would most likely reducing the Fudo Students Life Points to 0 now.

And their opponent seemed to know too, because he picked up speech again: "You think you are great now, don't you? Think you are big winners. But let me tell you: I never thought about winning this duel. Certainly, it would have been great if I brought one of you down to 0, but finally, I knew I would lose. You know why? My Deck was designed prior to your invasion to defeat weakened opponents, I've already done this a few times already. But as soon as your lovely 8000 Life Points friend stepped in, I knew I would lose against you. Well, at least I weakened both of you before losing and stalled for some time for my friends."

After that, he finished and Nathan just wanted to end this duel quickly, so he ordered his 3 Monsters, 'HTS Psyhemuth', 'Wattdragonfly' and 'Constellar Ptolemy M7' to attack and by doing so, he finally reduced their opponents Life Points to 0 and defeating him.

As soon they were out of the duel, Nathan started running towards the school entrance, knewing, he wouldn't stand another duel out here and also knew, Jacob would catch up rather quickly, because he wasn't very fast with his injured legs. Nonetheless, he shouted over his shoulder: "Let's go, we need to get inside!"

Archived