bad cards, and card combos, you always wanted to use anyway.

you know those " cool" cards you always wanted to use, or the silly ones that you would never play because of lack of protection they had, or that they hurt you just as much as your opponent? lets give them a talk.

here are some of mine, and why I would have loved to try them on a serious level.

feel free to add your own!

SummonBreaker-LTGY-EN-SP-1E.pngTerminalWorld-STOR-EN-C-UE.png

two of my favorite cards just for the fact they mess with the very basic features of the game we take granted. the fact they remove then, paints HUGE targets on them, but if they can't destroy them right away, it definitely shoots normally built decks in the foot, severely nerfing extra deck use and proper card conservation tactics. these two together in fact make it impossible for anyone to synchro or xyz summon and not have their turn end.

Metaion%2CtheTimelord-PHSW-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

I have always loved, and always will love, big boss monsters with insurmountable effects instead of just stupidly high attack points.

points are boring, everything boss like gets lots of points 90% of the time I've seen, most are just straight up printed on the card. some are from effects. but all of them just attack to win and that's the end of it, you could just skill drain and have a counter negation lineup behind it and it just beats them into the face till dead..  a monster that wins through an effect, most certainly ones that are done in battle, are just more fun, and so much more entertaining to combat, it's not about attack power and field wiping openings. it's about strategy and tactical choices on how you plain to win the game and the timelords are my number one favorate example of that. sure, they do have attack point ones in the mix, but I know that a timelord deck if they were all released, would care more about the mass return effects.

I remember Metaion being decent in Monster Mash as a stall/monster sweeper/Sephylon target...

Oh the days of when Birdman was@3....

yeah, I know, but he's just not strong enough unless you base your entire deck around him, and monster effect negation is king right now, he is unlike to ever get his effect off these days.

Digvorzhak. Potentially up to three card kills per turn on a 3200 body that still manages to not be good because it's a 3mat.

Metal Dragon. Just because it was the first monster I ever Fusion Summoned. It's just soo hard having to hold on to cards until you get three specific ones into your hand, even back in the olden days. It didn't help that two of them were essentially dead at any given moment in the duel and the final one was terribly weak. This card also couldn't climb walls like Summoned Skull, who was infinitely better than it. Then, Metal Dragon never gets support after Instant Fusion and everything else came out, which makes it a contender for the worst Fusion monster in the game.

Lycanthrope. I mean, I've managed to make a Deck around it and it is as respectable as I could possibly ever get it, but it's still just really slow and inconsistent, and then your contingency plan is unsearchable and about as likely to fail as your initial one.

I suppose Levia Dragon - Daedalus counts now, though I'm used to playing with that card IRL where it is actually very good because my entire IRL Deck is at least a decade old.

Archived