Earth-7: Young Justice Initiative [S/Accepting/OOC]

I was just saying that I was having problems with my computer. It looked like I had a really bad virus, but it was as easy as deleting the file.

On another note, any sort of prediction as to when the IC will be up? This is my first RP since I've come back and I'm pumped.

As soon as Alphamon sends Sonic and I a PM about his character and Sonic and I finish reviewing his application, we will get things started. I would suspect in the next few days. 

Again you guys, please notify me if I haven't added you to the character roster yet! I don't want anyone missing out because I had a memory lapse!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=App Critiques]

Sorry it has taken so long to get to you. The first bit that I want to go over is your app's appearance. While this really isn't a factor of whether or not you get accepted, it is nice to have applications look organized and appealing. Yours seems to have a lot unneeded empty space between sections and is need of bolding in certain areas. You may want to use my or Sonic's application as reference to fix that. Like I said, it shouldn't play into your acceptance but I am sure that subconsciously it does factor in somewhere.

The only true problem that Sonic and I find with your application is the inactive blade transformation ability. We find that it is an unneeded bit that needs to be removed. We realize that currently it does not play into your character, but quantity does not equal quality and we believe that keep a character's abilities focused in one area creates a much more relatable and manageable character. As soon as you fix that, acceptance will follow.

I want to let you know that both Sonic and I are fond of your character and are working an interesting plot that will involve him. 

[/spoiler]

I made the app in Notepad, then copied it over, forgot that notepad made awkward spaces for each single line enter (or well has with me anyway) when copied

the bolding and other aesthetic formatting was an overlook, I've touched it up a bit to try to make it look closer to organized, it's probably just me but the spoiler still makes the spaces look larger than what it does in editing the post, I've removed the Blade Morphing Ability so he only has his Draconic Morphing ability

[spoiler=WIP Application]
"I try to get close to everybody, because if I don't I may end up killing them unintentionally."
Personal Information:
Name: Eden L. Malek
Aliases: Predator, Primal Entity, Silver Bolt
[spoiler=Appearance]
soulkeepers_23_by_zano-d5qe2i6.jpg
N. Height: 5ft 6inch
N. Weight:115 lb.
25% P.I. Height: 6ft 4inch
25% P.I. Weight: 103 lb.

Eden has short black hair

Even if you include an image, please provide at least 4 lines of text and be sure to include things such as height and weight.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]
Eden has become the kinda person that needs to be friends with everyone. No matter how vial the person is he doesn't want to end up killing and consuming them should his Predatory Instinct get the better of him. So that being said it shouldn't be a surprise that he's the load guy that always has a bright side to the situation at hand. Regardless though, he does have a strong sense of justice and wishes to forever repay for his crimes (Even though they most were never intentional). You also won't see him give an expression that he's angry but a good indication that his is would be his arms transforming. Which means that he's giving into his predatory instincts.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:
Meta-Gene Activity: Active
[spoiler=Equipment/Inventory/Weaponry]
Pretty self explanatory
[/spoiler]
[spoiler-Powers/Abilities/Techniques]
[spoiler=Eden 25% P.I.]forest_geist_by_kokodriliscus-d6gr71r.jp[/spoiler][spoiler=Eden 100% P.I.]night_sky_dragon_by_kokodriliscus-d4fnzk[/spoiler]
Predatory Instinct Empowerment: By embracing his Predatory Instinct his body progressively changes into perhaps the absolute perfect predator of the sky. This goes by a percentage (to make things simple rp wise)

.7%: This is the base in which he's at at all times. Only his eyes have transformed at this point and has the following

25%: The de facto form you'll see him when fighting. It requires a fair bit of energy to transform up to this point and may not be able to transform if he hasn't eaten in a while unless he completely loses control. This is about how far he can go before his predatory instinct begins to take over. He has the following abilities in this form

1. Supernatural Condition: He has an advanced level of supernatural condition. He can bench press about 20 tons. Move at speeds up 235 mph for long periods of time. Bullets do no harm to his feather scales. Very light weight despite his toned body.
  2. Reptilian Physiology / Avian Physiology: His body more resembles a reptiles then a birds their are certain aspects that point to bird traits. The scales on his body are light weight and resemble feathers. His bones are hollow just like bird.
  3. Dermal Armor - Scale Manifestation: His scales are very tough, capable of sustaining multiple grenade blasts as well as being resistant to being cut by a blade  able to cut through steel. With his scales being silver he can slightly deflect laser based attacks and has a slight resistance to them.
  4. Regenerative Healing Factor: Using his stored energy he can regenerate organs & limbs within days depending on the severity. Passively heals minor cuts and scales. Is not retroactive and is not advised that he willingly transform back to his normal state if he has sustained life threatening injuries.

Electrical Manipulation: This power has only just budded so he can't really use it. At this point in time he can only use it to shoot electrical bolts. (Will likely not even come close to reaching the peak of this ability in this rp)

Black/Worm Hole Manipulation: Wont be obtained anytime through out this rp (He gains this much later in life)

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fighting Style]
[i]Pretty self explanatory, just tell me how your character fights

[/spoiler]

Other Information:
[i]Include any information that does not fit above. Like character quirks, theme music, etc.

[/spoiler]

I'm going to try and join.

[spoiler=WIP Application 2]

[Optional: head shot image of character]

[Optional: A quote by your character]

Personal Information:

Name: Denila Omitos

Aliases: The Orbiter

[spoiler=Appearance]

[spoiler=Character Design]Multiverse_project_the_orbiter_by_quesog[/spoiler]

Height: 6ft 3inch
Weight: 122lb

Denila has a love for purple which extends to her attire. She wears a purple front zipped shirt held by three black leather belts. A purple and light grey kilt dangles down her right leg along with her tight black pants. Her knee high boots are covered with a black/purple/light grey design. She wears a purple jacket with silver buttons at the end of each sleeve. Her eyes are pink and her hair is a crimson red. She has red and white roses tied up in her hair.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Snobbish and silent are a good way to describe her. Unless she is in danger the words that do come out of her mouth tend to be condescending. She is also very cocksure and will tend to attempt fighting battles all by herself without asking or wanting for that matter anyone's help. Despite these flaws, she does genuinely care about others. She is also not a vengeful person not bothering with petty things or even.......well major things. She doesn't seem to care about boys or girls but she is seen hanging around girls often. Maybe there's something to that, who knows.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Denila was raised like a spoiled brat, typically getting her own way. She never had any real friends because of this even when as she put it "Graced those around her with her help". This had been such since she could talk. That's just how full of herself she was and still is. This would inadvertently lead to her gaining her powers.

It was about halfway into 6th grade on a particularly hot day that it happened. Throughout that school year, Denila had started to exile above the other kids both in physical and mental assignments. Obviously this made the other kids jealous coupled with her obnoxious personality only made matters worse. Anyways, on that day she was asked by her "friends" to come with them to a cool place. She accepted albeit in her usual way. It turned out the place was the home of another kid from their class. Most of the rest of kids in the class were already there. Upon the closing of the door after she had entered, she was knocked in the head from behind and blacked out.

When she awoke lying on her side. she couldn't see anything but couldn't feel anything around her eyes so she figured she was in a really dark room. She also noted that she couldn't move her arms as they fellt like they were being restricted. She could hear foot steps and voices coming from one direction which she figured was a door. She shouted, "Hey, whos ever here. Why have you put me of all people in here." With that she could hear feet clambering to what she figured was the door. A brilliance of light burst through as the door was opened which temperately blinded her. Once her sight returned, all the kids had surrounded her.

"What should we do with it?" asked one of the kids. Another replied, "What we had already been planning, duh." "It could end up telling on us though" "Who cares, we'll just cut out her tongue too." The kids continued to murmur till one of them who was brandishing a knife nelt next to Denila's face. "You always looked down on us and now we're the one looking down on you. How does it feel huh? Well it can't be as bad as this." Without further warning the kid jammed the knife into Denila's right eye. Her resulting screamed pierced the hearts of almost everyone in the room. Many of the kids realized then and there the true malific horror that they had inadvertently wrought and ran away. The ones that stayed though, were the ones that truly hated her.

(For future Rp reasons I'm going to stop here. Don't get me wrong I want to explain but I don't like revealing to much of a characters backstory in an app.)

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

Meta-Gene Activity: Active

[spoiler=Equipment/Inventory/Weaponry]

None

[/spoiler]

[spoiler-Powers/Abilities/Techniques]

[spoiler=Her Vision in Action (Note - Art is depicting how strong she is in graphic novel version. She has significantly been nerfed from said version)]The_Orbiter.png[/spoiler]

Ocular Blue Print Sense: The core ability to her powers. This ability overrides her normal sight and replaces it with a sphere of influence that encompasses 15ft around her. Within this sphere of influence all matter is seen as a blue print grid. If she uses her telekinesis or teleportation on an object and it leaves this sphere of influence it'll create it's own sphere of influence so long as she is still controlling it. This influence only encompasses 5ft around the object.

Telekinetic Teleportation: The combined power of telekinesis and teleportation. She can use this on anything within her sphere of influence down to a molecular level. She can only use these abilities while her Ocular Blue Print Sense is active.

Eye Regeneration: Denila's eyes are able to regenerate from any damage and if they're removed new eyes will grow in their place.

Intelligence: Denila is intelligent enough A most classes though it's nothing super human.

Weakness: Range, anything outside her sphere of influence can be a danger if she cannot react in time. Making bullets an effective means to distract her. In addition, anything outside of her initial range that she's controlling will put strain on her mind. Pure Energy based attacks are also very difficult for her to counter. Teleporting as well as flying requires alot of focus as she could crash into something or worse die from matter destruction.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fighting Style]
With the hard limits on her power, ranged fighting is limited and imprecise. Therefore she uses small bits of matter to increase her range. if she teleports herself she teleports something else first to the destination to make sure it's safe.

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

The Multverse Project Uv2 of her was apart of an alien race that had her powers but on a universal level. Among them she was one of the strongest living users.

She likes flowers. Particularly Roses.

She has to tidy up her hair often to make sure the roses don't fall out.

She doesn't like it when people point at her.

[spoiler=The unusual choice I made for her theme song]

http://youtu.be/AL6KVcZDYes

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=App Review]

Chaos and I feel like the powers your character has have the potential to be overpowered, but as long as you use them moderately and stay within your limitations then we shouldn't have a problem. The regenerative eye ability seems a little out of a place.  I mean I understand she got stabbed in the eye, but having your character be blind in one eye would add to it in my opinion. The app has some aesthetic problems that you could go in and touch up, but those are minor problems. You are accepted, but if you want to edit to be blind in one eye, feel free. 

[/spoiler]

I think that is everyone that is looking for acceptance, yes? If not, please shout at me. If you guys have some people that need adding to the NPC list please tell me and if you want you can attach a picture to them as well. If I don't get any feedback about someone that I forgot to accept I will be putting up the IC in a day or two. 

[spoiler=App Review]

Chaos and I feel like the powers your character has have the potential to be overpowered, but as long as you use them moderately and stay within your limitations then we shouldn't have a problem. The regenerative eye ability seems a little out of a place.  I mean I understand she got stabbed in the eye, but having your character be blind in one eye would add to it in my opinion. The app has some aesthetic problems that you could go in and touch up, but those are minor problems. You are accepted, but if you want to edit to be blind in one eye, feel free. 

[/spoiler]

Hmm, perhaps a compromise?

She still has the eye regeneration/regrowth but that eye is permanently blind even if it's regrown? Though it can still be used when using her ability. Not that that matters as of now but could matter later on.

Also, thoughts on the ideas I have for her progression for her power. (pm your thoughts on this would be nice)

Not gonna lie, the starting IC post reminded me alot of Halo - The fall of Reach. That's a good thing though. :)

Hahaha! Really? Maybe I should start playing Halo. Although, really not into first person shooter games.

Oh, I'm talking about one of the Novels. It's pretty good. Though I don't see this rp training/modifying us like they did in that series.

I wasn't even aware that they had novels! I saw that there was a movie on Netflix but I haven't watched it yet. Might have to look into it. 

Co-Host post! And even put a bit of a detective/first glance analysis and impression of each character!

Good idea!...although...you can't take a motorcycle to the island. the public doesn't even know about it, remember? You could bring a motorcycle on to a boat or helicopter though.

Hey Stealthy, in your IC post, are you refering to Denila? Your app doesn't say anything about what Adriane looks like and Denila's the only other red headed girl in the room. So I figured you meant her. Just wanna be sure for future postings.

No, I was talking about Sin. And I have a picture, I don't know how else more to show you how she looks... I don't remember referring to a red-head, just that the girl looked like her sister.

No, I was talking about Sin. And I have a picture, I don't know how else more to show you how she looks... I don't remember referring to a red-head, just that the girl looked like her sister.

Were's the picture? It's on your app as far as I can see. And okay, I just wanted to be sure if you were referring to my character.

Hey Ren, I just noticed that we have 3 characters with swords as their primary weapon... Would it be a good idea for me to change Oliver's arsenal to be more close-quarters gunplay oriented? I already have a general idea about how I'd go about it, and I figure it would add some more diversity to combat.

Hey Ren, I just noticed that we have 3 characters with swords as their primary weapon... Would it be a good idea for me to change Oliver's arsenal to be more close-quarters gunplay oriented? I already have a general idea about how I'd go about it, and I figure it would add some more diversity to combat.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Shame on me for not catching that sooner. 

Aside from my character, who else can fly?

Also, I figure this question is a decent one to ask. What role do you feel your character is suited best for a team?

I figure my character Denila would work well as a support/transport. She can keep someone such as Caitlyn in the air to make it easier for her to get a better shot on the target. She could also be used as a quite back up way past security doors assuming Oliver can't crack them. Then of course, emergency transport.

Archived