Splatoon

Lonk

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treehouse is playing it right now.

So you can turn into a squid and travel faster through paint of your own color, but it also lets you go underneath obstacles and even glide up walls.

And you have to go in the paint to recharge your gun to splatter more.

This game looks so good.  It hurts, because I know everyone will ignore it. 

I don't think that'll be the case.  Splatoons does have a bit of stuff going for it.  Plus, prepubescent children that can turn into squids when they are in their own liquid.  Let that sink in for a moment.

I don't want to be mean, but I was very disappointed when this turned out not to be de blob 3; those games were great, and I could imagine one looking sick the Wii U. However, this game's idea does seem cool, if a bit simple (change it to de blob's online mp anyone?)

On the other hand, I've actually warmed up to it a little more. Like I said, definitely not my kind of game, but it could still be really fun regardless. Will easily be seeing what people think of it when it comes out first, though.

I'm thinking it was when they were showing it being played on the stream, after the direct. I wouldn't know, but that's what it seems to me. Yeah, ninja'd. I wasn't all that bothered by it, but yeah, point made that it should be more fun playing than watching.

Hey, you know... Does this game have a whole 1 game mode of 'shoot other people to auto-win'?
I mean, given the dynamics of this game and how it gives off a weird Mirrors Edge + TF2 vibe, they could honestly get creative with how things operate.

Shooters are generally more fun to play than watch.

I didn't think it was too long. They're supposed to spend extensive time on each game they look atto give more in depth looks at things.

However, I'm just not sure if this game is going to get a lot of attention. It reminds me of a lot of derivative third party games from back in the day that try to take a genre and make it fun and light to middling results. I trust Nintendo for quality content, but that's just first impressions.

Oh, it got kinda popular, to get even more time showing.

It's just getting even more fun to watch, wow. 

Noting I generally am weird like that, anyway.

They really should spend more time on other things, though. I'm sure people who haven't seen it can later anyway, I mean. Man.

Archived