Splatoon

Lonk

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, if no one else wants to do it, I could attempt to manage this club making and running. I'm on the verge of A rank right now and with all the competitiveness I think a nice hide-and-seek break or squid party or w/e would be a nice break. 

Uh, to be honest I personally wanted to settle on a club/organization name most of the players interested agree with, before proceeding to making the thread. But now that the thread is already done... I guess that can be arranged later?

Uh, to be honest I personally wanted to settle on a club/organization name most of the players interested agree with, before proceeding to making the thread. But now that the thread is already done... I guess that can be arranged later?

Ah, that makes sense. TBH, I can change the name if peeps want to, I'm not super attached to the Shenanigan Squad anyways. 

• 1 month later...

To bring the thread up and possibly spark a bit of discussion, I would like to talk about:

AZ6RCRE.png

Bomb Sniffer

I have been using it mostly because my currently most favorite shoes in the game (Pro Trail Boots) have it, but it has been growing into into me now that it reduces damage from bombs in addition to the bomb warnings. Of course, it is difficult to exactly pin point how much it actually saves you from bomb damage that would otherwise splat you, and it is wasted if the opposing team has no weapon with bombs as subs, but I feel this ability has saved me more than a couple of times, specially when facing a bomb rusher. Do you think it is a solid ability choice for defensive builds (Def+ stacks, etc.), or would one be better off with a different ability? Personally I think it is a good choice, but I cannot but suspect it becomes irrelevant as you get better at avoiding and predicting bombs.

As splatoon's resident tower control expert, I can say that sniffer can be a pretty good ability. You can see if the opps put any mines on the tower and act accordingly, and thanks to the def boost to bombs, you can ride the tower longer. However, this ability does the with another shoe ability in towers: ninja jump. Due to the lag of ninja jump, you can surprise the opps of they decide to ride the tower after eliminating your teammate that you just tapped on, giving you time to prepare for a sort of ambush.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived