Splatoon

Lonk

I like the look of this game, and I will more than likely play it.

I just hope it doesn't suffer from longevity issues. Because even something like Titanfall, which seemed crazy hyped to me, seemed to die out rather quickly. At least that's the impression I got from slowly playing it less myself as well as hearing others say the same.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope it doesn't suffer from longevity issues. Because even something like Titanfall, which seemed crazy hyped to me, seemed to die out rather quickly. At least that's the impression I got from slowly playing it less myself as well as hearing others say the same.

It's all about management, you can't expect to release a game and let it live on it's own.  They have to nurture it and help keep the community alive. 

TBH I almost want this to be a $30-40 multiplayer only game.  I feel like Single Player would be forced. 

I can't imagine what you would do in single player.

Again, referencing Titanfall here, but I sort of liked what they did with the campaign in that it was multiplayer, but it was sort of boring that it was pretty much normal matches with a story sort of pasted over it, and whether you won or last had no impact. If they could do that sort of thing but better I'd be pleased.

Well, the concept is pretty unique.  Claiming territory is more fun than just killing your opponents.

It's funny that they're doing Squid Girl DLC (maybe) as I just watched the first episode of that a few days ago.

where did they say they were doing squid girl dlc?

The creator of Squid Girl just wants that to happen. That's all.

Influence happens.  If Masahiro Anbe begs, Nintendo might make it happen.  It's like with Snake and Smash Bros Brawl.  Wait, the difference was that Snake is a video game character and Iku Musume isn't.

Also, since this is Nintendo we're talking about, of course the levels will be distinct.

Now just waiting to see all the different weapons, powers, etc.

Well we know they have a sniper, that bazooka, and the default AK-47.
Though, considering the weapons won't exactly be "different" per say, since everyone's special will just default to whatever weapon the current map gives everyone. I mean, the one with those slide-esque ramps indicates it has the sniper, while the main area has that bazooka.

Also, thought this was pretty funny:
bf5.jpg

So, here's a thought:
89f.jpg

Though, it's hard to say if this will ever follow through. Case in point, if you just get hats "by playing the game", similar to how TF2 did it, then we are bound to have AFK/idling people online, and as a result will just kill the flow of the game.
However, though, if they had an actual trick as to how you get headgear/etc in Splatoon, then it would change everything.
Yes, me having a thing for hats/etc in this sort of game is rather silly, but hey... I like it when a game lets you personalize things, as it adds more character to the game, and lets everyone have their own unique appearances.

• 2 weeks later...

It's official.

94a1c53e08.gif

I want a single player platforming challenge level.

Or have some more vertical multiplayer levels that allow for some users to gain an advantage by being able to paintkour down and up and all around.

Archived