Splatoon

Lonk

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely wouldn't call that "gamebreaking".

It's simple and technical. And it's clear that it's something the designers want people to figure out how to do.

I mean, in the trailer, there's a point where all 4 players are jumping in and out of the ink while spraying even more ink in all directions while also hopping forward down the path each time.

I mean, in the trailer, there's a point where all 4 players are jumping in and out of the ink while spraying even more ink in all directions while also hopping forward down the path each time.

Yea... But in that .gif that guy is going out of his way to make it fancy and look like some sort of trickshot crap, when in reality, it's not.

Jump - shoot - transform - swim - repeat

Again, this is a technical thing that should add some depth to the gameplay, kind of like Wavedashing.

Whether it will actually be useful is yet to be seen.

Hey... Ya'know.... Since you can just tap on your allies' position from the touch screen, anyone doing said dash-hopping will basically carry the whole team.
Too bad this game lacks any sort of control-point-esque mode, since that would be pretty damn funny.

The question is whether you can jump from anywhere, or only from the starting point.

Because if it's anywhere, then I'm going to continuously jump to people right next to me.

Because then you can have someone dash-hopping and have the rest cover everything up behind that player and then jump to them.

• 6 months later...

I bet Armz is satisfied.

Shoosh.

Heres the issue that will present itself with the hats/weapons/etc effecting the game; Ones that cost more will always be the better choice.
IE, it will put everything else to shame unless you have specific X, Y, and Z items. Same goes for weapons.
UNLESS they play it out like Smash Bros' custom characters, whare the cooler things have larger drawbacks, and the straight up 'boost more X-stat' ones will only effect the game slightly. This way, it honestly won't matter what you wear/equip, since it's only going to give you a slight advantage, rather then a massive one.
Furthermore, if they straight-up shaft a loosing team by not giving them any of the game's currency, it's going to make online mode a pain for newer players that join later on.

Regardless, that hub world is fucking goregous.
Found it amusing how some of the people in the comments mentioned it was similar to Jet Set Radio.

Regardless, that hub world is fucking goregous.
Found it amusing how some of the people in the comments mentioned it was similar to Jet Set Radio.

I agree with this. It's got the flair and color, and the music seems spot-on.

Basically having the hub world be shibuya too.

Archived