Splatoon

Lonk

Hey, you know... From the trailer, and given the picutre-like-descriptions of things... You can get air-dashes, ground-dashes, and double-jumps. 'Course, you can't have all 3, since each shoe seems to only grant one thing. However, all of these will mean we can parkour-etc around the place, and vastly increase the pace of the game.
Neat.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, you know... From the trailer, and given the picutre-like-descriptions of things... You can get air-dashes, ground-dashes, and double-jumps. 'Course, you can't have all 3, since each shoe seems to only grant one thing. However, all of these will mean we can parkour-etc around the place, and vastly increase the pace of the game.
Neat.

'tis a beautiful thing, is it not?

I mean you can already swim up walls, and the single player looked like there was going to be a lot of platforming involved.

If those clothes and abilities apply to the single player, can you imagine the kind of speedruns people are going to do? Gonna have to watch AGDQ next year for sure.

If those clothes and abilities apply to the single player, can you imagine the kind of speedruns people are going to do? Gonna have to watch AGDQ next year for sure.

Step #1: Spray ink up wall
Step #2: Swim up wall.
Step #3: Jump out, midd-wall
Step #4: Air-dash to next platform
Step #5: Repeat

Hey, you know... Said rails look more like grappling hooks. And if my suspicions is correct, and such things exist in the final game, that's just yet another layer of mobility that the game is offering, for everyone to be able to move around the place.
Unless they are restricted to single player only. Either way, this game is still really, and continues to be, really damn impressive.

I imagine it's all earned from playing matches-

What if the ending points/etc are shared?
I mean, I had originally thought that, then I saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcQ9mrNDlfc
Jared had the top score in the first round, despite his team loosing; Looks like the currency could be idiotically easy to get.
I'm assuming this, because I get the impression they don't want it to feel like a chore to have to get weapons/outfits/etc, and for it to just feel like a natural occurrence.

As long as there's not a clear cut best set of items and lots of different setups are viable, as has been said before.

This, honestly, will make or break the game.
If it has an established 'Best gear to use', then it defeats the purpose of having everything else. If it doesn't, then it will come down to more of how the game was played, and who did what, etc, and not a one-sided game because the team in question had all the best stuff.

Okay, that seems fair. For the most part I'd think the matches would be somewhat even, so unless the losing team gets utterly demolished they'll still be getting a good amount of money.

I've been thinking about it and I'm starting to get Loadout vibes in addition to Hat Fortress.

Okay, that seems fair. For the most part I'd think the matches would be somewhat even, so unless the losing team gets utterly demolished they'll still be getting a good amount of money.

Jared had like 900-ish in that video I posted earlier; Doesn't seem like you can loose points, only gain more. Though, he did loose, like, what, 10 points upon dieing? That's hardly anything.
Though, I don't know if he actually earned money afterwords, since the video stopped after the 2nd round ended.

I've been thinking about it and I'm starting to get Loadout vibes in addition to Hat Fortress.

Loadout was more for the weapon customization, and later on, about twerking; This game has a wide variety of weapons that you don't customize, but has an outfit system similar to how Smash Bros does it's customization.

I know, but I was talking more about the economy model of the game. It just made me think of it aside from the fact Splatoon's not F2P.

To be fair, TF2's is dependent on who has the bigger wallet and/or who managed to get what from random drops.
I never played Loadout, though. The twerking update, despite the fact you can turn it off, just made me cringe so badly.

So real talk.  Anyone who does not buy this game must be killed. 

To death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GMrOxRmJXA

Can we stop to appreciate that the entire system model is based around less incentive to actually shoot the other team and more incentive to shoot the ground instead?

That reminds me, is that going to be the only gamemode for multiplayer? Because I mean they might as well add some TDM, or KotH, or something. It's a good idea to have the main gamemode something that's not all about shooting the opposing team for this game, but there also needs to be variety.

Archived