Splatoon

Lonk

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually disagree.  And the reason for that is because people know about Pokemon and Yoshi.  This is new, which is weird for Nintendo.  People will forget about it.

More or less, this.
I mean, Pokemon just needs to live on the same presence as Smash Bros, in the sense that just slight spoilers, Kyogre/Groudon changing forms, the 3D bosses, etc, and it will drive us nuts until the next Nintendo Direct.
Yoshi, though... They had shown the Yarn Yoshi a while ago, so our expectations are kinda the same with that.

Also..
5$ says the game has a pre-order option to give all your characters Mario hats, and turn the squids into Bloopers.

The game looks really damn cool.
If it has online multiplayer, it will just be icing on the cake.

It kind of has to. It's an 8 player multiplayer game. 

Well, it's not my kind of game, at all, but the things they're doing with it... look sweet.

More or less this. I LOVE the concept of the game, and while shooters aren't my thing it does something I like in the ones I do play, color. 

This game looks so good.  It hurts, because I know everyone will ignore it. 

I'm SO tempted to buy it just to support it. Like, I've done it before and this game definitely looks like it deserves it. 

This game is like shooting Gels from Portal and using it to f**k with people's days endlessly. The game seems very addicting to play, not to mention the large amount of time it would take to achieve the objective since everyone keeps griefing the place with paint. It's very creative, and if anyone can literally take that into the game, surely there will be room for lots of new innovative concepts that can further this game. Though this could work on PC too.

There are a few things I'll need to see from this game: Levels, all the possible actions (there seemed like there were a few interesting things with items or bombs or something), and multiplayer modes.

The look of this game is reminding me of the Nintendoland Metroid game, in a way. I want to see more of it, but I worry it won't get the online community to support it.

DROWN EVERYONE IN SPLATOON

i get it because the paint- er, ink, and the water thing, and the people going into paint, or... uh... i get it.

Orange team
Blue team
Blue team(again)
Blue guy with a pirate hat

You know, I was honestly curious if this game's teams were purely female; Let's be honest, at first glance you can't really tell.
Though, seems like the ones with the squid arms tied in a ponytail-esque manner are the guys, while the ones that let them hang down are the girls(as if the trailer didn't give that away).
Regardless, HATS.
No, it's not the fact this game could easily be another hat fortress, but it's the fact they give you character customization, to add a bit of personality to who you are playing as, with regards to how you want he/she to look.
Now, what I'm wanting to know is... Are they a thing you have to spend actual money on? Or do you simply unlock them as the game goes on?

Orange team
Blue team
Blue team(again)

You know, I was honestly curious if this game's teams were purely female; Let's be honest, at first glance you can't really tell.
Though, seems like the ones with the squid arms tied in a ponytail-esque manner are the guys, while the ones that let them hang down are the girls(as if the trailer didn't give that away).
Regardless, HATS.
No, it's not the fact this game could easily be another hat fortress, but it's the fact they give you character customization, to add a bit of personality to who you are playing as, with regards to how you want he/she to look.
Now, what I'm wanting to know is... Are they a thing you have to spend actual money on? Or do you simply unlock them as the game goes on?

If it's Nintendo, then it is something you can earn in-game by doing a variety of achievements.  It's Nintendo's answer to Team Fortress 2.

Apparently, /v/ is going nuts over this game just like I expected.

If it's Nintendo, then it is something you can earn in-game by doing a variety of achievements.  It's Nintendo's answer to Team Fortress 2.

So you have to do a 360 noscope headshot to earn a fedora- *shot several times*

Apparently, /v/ is going nuts over this game just like I expected.

How so?

Orange team
Blue team
Blue team(again)

Regardless, HATS.

Nintendo has never done micro transactions yet and its something they seem to be against. As such, my guess is no. 

Cake frosting, so that's what people are calling it nowadays.

Anyway, I'm very glad Nintendo's done this. As much as I enjoy the love the older series get it's really nice to see interesting new stuff like this.

A lot of people have wanted to see a new IP from Nintendo for a while and this is a sweet one. Feel like something from them, but at the same time really different. LEts just hope it sells.

Nintendo has never done micro transactions yet and its something they seem to be against. As such, my guess is no. 

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

Best case of microtransactions (sort of) in a free-to-play title ever.

But they never went out of their way to make pre-order bonuses and/or bundles if you pitch in a few more dollars.
So I'm tempted to say, and I think I already mentioned this, that if you buy it early and/or whatever, then they give you a Mario hat(or something similar) in-game. Because it honestly seems like something they would do.
Not complaining, cuz' I would totally love that.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

Best case of microtransactions (sort of) in a free-to-play title ever.

I didn't even know this game existed. I guess I stand corrected. 

But they never went out of their way to make pre-order bonuses and/or bundles if you pitch in a few more dollars.
So I'm tempted to say, and I think I already mentioned this, that if you buy it early and/or whatever, then they give you a Mario hat(or something similar) in-game. Because it honestly seems like something they would do.
Not complaining, cuz' I would totally love that.

Pre-Order bonuses are perfectly fair imo. I wouldn't have any problem with them.

Pre-Order bonuses are perfectly fair imo. I wouldn't have any problem with them.

That's kinda' sorta' what I meant.
They make as much sense as micro transactions since you are, in fact, paying more for bonus stuff.
'Cept it's just a straight-up direct payment to get your stuff all at once.

Archived