Zaborg the Mega Monarch

The only thing I can think of at all, thanks to Fortitude, is the Shrine of Mist Valley.

300px-ShrineofMistValley-AP01-EN-C-UE.pn300px-FortitudeoftheMonarch-NECH-JP-C.pn

But then why would Zaborg be interacting with the DT, much less a shrine used by WIND, albeit with a decent amount of thunder and lightning...?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the mega monarchs themselves signify what dragon they slain, but the support cards.  (As they show the textures of the dragons molding into their armor.)  And seeing blue-ish lightning forming Zaborg's armor, only one dragon comes to mind.  

Huh...

Photon Sanctuary

Summon Mega Zaborg

Blow it up

Mill any 8 of cards like Twinkle Moss, Marine Dolphin, a Neos Fusion, and 5 any HERO Fusions

Play Miracle Fusion (don't use Twinkle)

300px-ElementalHERODivineNeos-RYMP-EN-C-

You can banish Twinkle to give Divine a draw when it attacks (if you ignore the drawbacks)

You can banish Wildedge to ram everything + Honest

You can banish Storm Neos to Heavy Storm

You can banish Lightning Golem to pop a monster.

There is so much you can do with Mega Zaborg.

@Black: Ahh, so it was that shrine... The horns make sense now.
I think, maybe, the Mist Valley part is partially on Tempest/Lightnings end, in the sense that we assume WIND carries electrical properties, despite Zaborg being LIGHT.
Or something like that.

Huh...

Photon Sanctuary

Summon Mega Zaborg

Blow it up

Mill any 8 of cards like Twinkle Moss, Marine Dolphin, a Neos Fusion, and 5 any HERO Fusions

Play Miracle Fusion (don't use Twinkle)

300px-ElementalHERODivineNeos-RYMP-EN-C-

You can banish Twinkle to give Divine a draw when it attacks (if you ignore the drawbacks)

You can banish Wildedge to ram everything + Honest

You can banish Storm Neos to Heavy Storm

You can banish Lightning Golem to pop a monster.

There is so much you can do with Mega Zaborg.

What I like about this idea is the fact you'd be almost completely dedicated to the strategy, and it'd be hilarious to see.

Duelist 1: Zaborg? Zaborg! Why is he running, Dad?

Duelist 2: Because we have to chase him.

Duelist 1: He didn't do anything wrong.

Duelist 2: Because he's the hero Yu-Gi-Oh! deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Monarch.

Sums up how I feel about Megaborg's effect in the day and age of the Extra Deck.

Wait.... Since it was implied the Mega Monarchs embody the Dragon Rulers... What does Zaborg gain his powers from?
Also, since we have a LIGHT one now... I'm honestly scared to see what the future Mega Caius will be.

Wait, was it really? I never saw a connection between them. Maybe I'm just dumb. And considering how powerful Zaborg is, watch Caius be like another Trishula.

Wait, was it really? I never saw a connection between them. Maybe I'm just dumb. And considering how powerful Zaborg is, watch Caius be like another Trishula.

MST over Rising Air Current because it simply makes more sense. Original name was Cyclone, Raiza/Tempest are in cyclones, and there is a thunderbolt present in each. Gaia Power is being crushed by Redox, if you zoom in you can see the trees he's treading on, they're the same trees in Gaia Power.

Zaborg seems to gain his powers in a different way than the other Rulers, as he's being struck by lightning rather than killing something or powering through some form of adversity. Interestingly enough, Zaborg's pauldrons sport the Shrine of Mist Valley's "horns", which are later Sophia's horns. Coincidence? Or perhaps the Rulers/Monarchs are present on another planet within the DT world, same as the Yang Zings. We'll find out more in the next Master Guide, most likely.

RY7YHa6.jpg

That's what I want to know. I'm looking through cards to distinguish what he gained. He now has two large red horns coming out of his pauldrons, but I can't think of any LIGHT Dragons with horns like that.

ZaborgtheThunderMonarch-BP01-EN-C-1E.png

Dunno if it's been stated, but his horns are that of Thunder End Dragons. Which makes a loooooot of sense

They look exactly like the red "horns" on the Shrine of Mist Valley. Thunder End's horns are white with purple lightning.

n9Hnzkn.png

Thunder End Dragon also has 3 horns, which likely would have been passed on to Megaborg as well. It is still looking like Mist Valley Shrine is the only candidate source for Megaborg's power.

They look exactly like the red "horns" on the Shrine of Mist Valley. Thunder End's horns are white with purple lightning.

n9Hnzkn.png

XyzBurst-ORCS-EN-C-1E.jpg

They look a lot more red on this though. May just be the contrast getting to my eyes.

Thunder End Dragon also has 3 horns, which likely would have been passed on to Megaborg as well. It is still looking like Mist Valley Shrine is the only candidate source for Megaborg's power.

Using the same logic, wouldn't Granmarg have no horns due to Redox not having any?

Archived