[OCG] January 2015 Banlist

Newly Forbidden:
Heavy Storm (was limited)

Newly Limited:
Chaos Emperor Dragon – Envoy of the End (was banned)
Sinister Serpent (was banned)
Blaze Fenix, the Heavy Bombardment Bird (was unlimited)
Senju of the Thousand Hands (was unlimited)
Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands (was unlimited)
The Nekroz of Unicore (was unlimited)
Instant Fusion (was unlimited)
Temple of the Kings (was banned)
Preparation of Rites (was unlimited)
Symbols of Heritage (was unlimited)
Super Polymerization (was unlimited)
Harpie’s Feather Duster (was banned)
Exchange of the Spirit (was banned)
Crush Card Virus (was banned)
Ring of Destruction (was banned)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Inzektor Hornet (was limited)
Atlantean Dragoons (was limited)
Number 11: Big Eye (was limited)
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (was limited)
Monster Gate (was limited)

Newly Unlimited:
Evilswarm Ophion (was semi-limited)
Chronomaly Nebra Disk (was semi-limited)
Card Trooper (was semi-limited)
TG Striker (was limited)
Tragoedia (was semi-limited)
Lonefire Blossom (was semi-limited)
Hieratic Seal of Convocation (was semi-limited)
A Hero Lives! (was semi-limited)
Ojama Trio (was semi-limited)

NB: "Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End", "Sinister Serpent", "Ring of Destruction", "Crush Card Virus", "Exchange of the Spirit" and "Temple of the Kings" are all getting errata. 

Source: https://ygorganization.wpengine.com/thetruelimit/

Heavy Storm - Banned

Harpie's Feather Duster - Limited

Seems like either logic went on a holiday or Feather Duster will change to be more balanced.

The probable reason is a mixture of Pendulum decks like Quiploth apparently nuking there own stuff after Pendulum Summons to allow them to Xyz (I say apparently, because I have no idea, it's just something I was told), and the fact Harpies are getting more support. 

So there is logic behind it, just not conventional logic. 

Tbh I dont understand why they limited Senju and Manju. Its disgusting when Konami hits random techs because money

"random techs"

You mean 5-6 cards in every Nekroz deck?

They literally cut out 7-8 cards of the deck, with all of the hits.

It makes Kaleidomirror and Nyarla worse, which makes the early game for the deck weaker.

They only have 2 stratos total and 1 super RotA, and only 1 Unicore.

Hitting them makes sense.

I think the most annoying decision about these errata is that Konami hasn't even bothered to fix Substitoad or Mind Master with hard once per turn clauses. Can't wait for that

Just shut up and take my feels.

Though, to be fair, I like how they are experimenting with some of more infamously busted ones, which is an amusing start.

Sooo no word on the erratas they have planned?
I feel bad that I won't be able to put Chaos Emperor Dragon as a bad example anymore if they go this far....

I mean, as an example of why it'd be stupid to unban it......

Edit:
Oh.... I saw...... oh...

Newly Forbidden:
Heavy Storm (was limitedI believe we're even, OCG.

Newly Limited:
Chaos Emperor Dragon – Envoy of the End (was bannedShould have stayed on the list. The nerf was minimal.
Sinister Serpent (was bannedI think this shouldn't be banned even if it wasn't nerfed.
Blaze Fenix, the Heavy Bombardment Bird (was unlimitedGG Blaze Fenix OTK. This was a needed move.
Senju of the Thousand Hands (was unlimitedThey can hit the problem cards in Nekroz. They hit this instead. Wut.
Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands (was unlimitedSee above.
The Nekroz of Unicore (was unlimited) Damn, this was a hard hit on Nekroz. Konami no like Nekroz.
Instant Fusion (was unlimitedInstant Fusion? Can I call that a Shaddoll hit since it can bring out Winda? I suppose so.
Temple of the Kings (was bannedWas nerfed and is now balanced, so good move.
Preparation of Rites (was unlimitedGod dang it, Konami, are Nekroz Tier 0 in the OCG or what?
Symbols of Heritage (was unlimited) Uh... I don't know why they hit this, honestly.
Super Polymerization (was unlimitedThey did the same thing in the west, so expected move.
Harpie’s Feather Duster (was bannedThey're doing with this what they did with Raigeki in the west. Only here, they didn't ban Dark Hole.
Exchange of the Spirit (was bannedWas nerfed and is now balanced, so good move.
Crush Card Virus (was bannedI didn't like the nerf at all, but it's balanced, so no need to be banned.
Ring of Destruction (was bannedWas nerfed, is now balanced, so good move.

Newly Semi-Limited:
Inzektor Hornet (was limitedAre Inzektors still a Deck?
Atlantean Dragoons (was limitedDangerous move, but let's see how it plays out.
Number 11: Big Eye (was limited) The main reason this was at 1 was Dragon Rulers. Since they are no longer a Deck, it can go up a spot. But no 3 for it anytime soon.
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (was limitedI don't think Fire Fists need this anymore.
Monster Gate (was limitedI forgot this card existed.

Newly Unlimited:
Evilswarm Ophion (was semi-limited) Why was this at 2 again?
Chronomaly Nebra Disk (was semi-limitedThe OCG-only trigger for a bad Deck. Why was it at 2?
Card Trooper (was semi-limitedFinally! I hope the TCG does this too.
TG Striker (was limited) At long last.
Tragoedia (was semi-limitedIs Trago at 2 or 3 in the TCG? I think 2, and I think it's time for it to go to 3 here too. Konami of Japan thinks so too.
Lonefire Blossom (was semi-limitedI agree with this one.
Hieratic Seal of Convocation (was semi-limitedThis is going to turn into the Chaos Sorcerer of Spell Cards pretty soon.
A Hero Lives! (was semi-limited) Are HEROes even played anymore?
Ojama Trio (was semi-limitedTo 3 in the TCG too, please!

All in all, an excellent list. I wish most of these changes affect the TCG as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope to God Nekroz don't get hit that hard in the TCG........

They're still ridiculously effective even with the nerf to the consistency.

Don't forget that Necloth's level of consistency is completely almost something unheard of before. Even with all of these hits, they're still consistent enough.

They can actually brick more now though, which is nice. Not to mention missing Nyarla combo, which might or might not be relevant enough.

So yeah. The hits were nowhere near to something I'd call hard. Tell me when they hit brionac if you want something that really hurts the deck.

They're still ridiculously effective even with the nerf to the consistency.

Don't forget that Necloth's level of consistency is completely almost something unheard of before. Even with all of these hits, they're still consistent enough.

They can actually brick more now though, which is nice. Not to mention missing Nyarla combo, which might or might not be relevant enough.

So yeah. The hits were nowhere near to something I'd call hard. Tell me when they hit brionac if you want something that really hurts the deck.

Oh. I see. Interesting. 

Archived