[YDF] Yugioh Designer Format - Phase 3 - Set 1 Card Creation

-Griffin

So Ambush is supposed to punish Level 4 beaters running into it pretty hard, but do nothing against bigger creatures. What if it was 1800 DEF and had to deal battle damage? That way it simply survives the top L4 beaters (1800), kills things below the top, and does nothing against the bigs?

Chef is 200 ATK below Summoned Skull; do you think it's abusable given the trade-off against a Normal Monster?

@Nylea's cards

Multi-Gene is interesting but I'm not sure what this does to future design. Neither here nor their atm, listening for other's opinions.

Vishap Attendant's first effect is level 4, not 4 or lower, yes? I think it could be okay, but I'm a little worried it might be easy, eventually, to summon 3 of these and turn it into an OTK with a big dragon. Maybe a 'you can only control 1' clause?

Wyvern Lich Lord is a really scary boss. It's a +1 each turn  or lets you accelerate big monsters without giving field presence up. How strong it is really depends on the easiest way to Summon it. Most comparable to The Creator... but summonable by The Creator. I think it even lets you Summon The Creator from the Graveyard. I think this could do with some drawback/safety clause.

I don't think Violent Swarm needs the insect restriction since the tokens can't be used for much of anything. It's interesting, but feels potentially too good being 5000 sunder split between a bunch of dudes when we don't have that much AoE.

I don't think I like Hellrush; that form of 'clearing the way' is generally just removing interaction and aiming for OTKs since it doesn't give much in the long run.

Some fun/nice ideas, could definitely see a few of these getting in after a second pass

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a fix on Whirlpool Mouth v2:

Whirlpool Mouth
Aqua | WATER | Level 4
During each of your End Phases: Place 1 "Whirlpool" counter on this card. When a monster is Summoned: You can remove any number of Whirlpool counters from your side of the field; Sunder it by 600 for each. If this card is removed from the field while it had any Whirlpool counters on it, Sunder all the opponent's face-up monsters by 300 for each counter.
[ 1400 / 800 ]

Backstab and Morphing Mantle added, along with some new TCG imports mentioned earlier (+3 normal monsters).

Cards since last post not yet added:

Re-FLIP
Quick-Play Spell Card
Target 1 face-up Flip Monster You control: Activate its Filp effect. During the End Phase: destroy that card.

(rejected due to Magician of Faith loop)

If you made this a hard OPT, it'd be fine

Chef of Heaven's Banquet
EARTH/Fairy/Effect/Level 6
2300/2200
When this card is Summoned, gain 2000 Life Points

Healing cards are SO underrepresented in the TCG, and if you tribute a monster for this card, you deserve 2000 LP. I'd like to see Heal more relevant in this game. Accept

Serenity, Flow of Battle
WATER/Fairy/XYZ/Rank 2
1000/1000
2 level 2 monsters
You can substitute level 1 or 3 Normal Monsters for any of this card's XYZ Material. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Normal Monster attached to it as an XYZ Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn, before damage calculation, you can negate 1 attack. That Monster's owner gains Life Points equal to the ATK of the attacking Monster. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, Special Summon 1 of its XYZ Materials and gain Life Points equal to its ATK. 

It looks like a lot of fun, but historically speaking, Low-level normal decks have a tendancy to swarm. Accept for now.

Solitary Dragon
WIND/Dragon/Effect/Level 4
2000/700
If you control another Monster, send this card to the Graveyard during the End Phase.

Accept

Ambush Spider
WIND/Insect/Effect/Level 4
1400/1900
If this card in Defense Position survives Damage Calculation, destroy the Monster it battled and draw a card.

Needs timing. 'At the end of the damage step...' The effect looks fine. Accept

Chronoeater
DARK/Fiend/Effect/Level 3
1500/0
FLIP: The turn player cannot conduct their Main Phase 2 this turn. If this card is flipped during the Main Phase 2 or End Phase, banish it face-down and draw 2 cards.

This is a cleverly designed card. Accept

Charged Stormcloud
FIRE/Thunder/Effect/Level 4
1400/1800
When this card is changed to Defense Position, target a Monster; Sunder the target by 900.

This card isn't broken, it's just a one-trick pony. You have to wait a turn and hope it doesn't die to semi-destroy something. It could be faster or more consistent.

Playful Pixies
LIGHT/Fairy/Effect/Level 3
100/1600
When this card is changed to Defense Position, gain 1000 Life Points. When a player gains Life Points, this card gains 300 DEF. If this card inflicts Battle Damage, change the Battle Position of 1 card on the field.

Same as Stormcloud.

Crankwheel Cannon
Continuous Spell
During each of your End Phases and when a card changes Battle Position, add 1 Crank Counter to this card. You can target 1 Monster; remove Crank counters equal to half its level (rounded up) and destroy the target. You can only control 1 "Crankwheel Cannon."

I like this card. Accept

Down with Me
Normal Trap
Activate when a Monster was destroyed by an opponent's Monster which was not above level 7 (by battle or card effect). Banish the destroyed monster and destroy the opponent's Monster.

Accept

Possessed Dark Prince
DARK / Level 4 / Fiend / Effect
Cannot change its Battle Position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can reveal 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster in your hand; send 1 DARK monster with the same Level but different name as the revealed monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon the revealed monster.
ATK/ 1600 DEF/ 400

I think in the future when we have the right combination of DARKs this will be too strong. But for now, Accept

Possessed Asmodeus
DARK / Level 4 / Fiend / Effect
Cannot be banished. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Graveyard that has a Level; add 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand with Level equal to or lower than the banished monster's Level.
ATK/ 1700 DEF/ 800

Accept

Level Destructor
Level 3/Machine?/DARK/Effect
Twice per turn: You can increase or decrease this card's level by 1. You can send this card from your side of the field to the Graveyard: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls with the same level as this card.
ATK: 1400 DEF: 1100

A weird exiled with a penchant for synchros, Accept

Most of those were from my super-dump of cards near the end of the last page. Most cards here are also one accept from getting in.

Some card suggestions:

Multi-Gene Mutant

Light Psychic Lvl 4

1700 Atk 1200 Def

This card is always treated as all types.

Accept. I think it could even do 1800 ATK. @ Griffin - We had a card like this in LCCG, it never caused any problems. If there's any cards that could take advantage of, say, how many different types you control, it can be easily controlled with some clever wording.

Vishap Attendant

Wind Dragon Lvl 3

1200 Atk 1100 Def

This card gains the following effects depending of the Lvl of the highest lvl Dragon-type monster you control:

Lvl 4:This card counts as 2 tributes for the tribute summon of a Dragon-type monster

Lvl 5-6:This card gain 600 Atk and If you control another monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.

Lvl 7+:This card gains 1300 Atk, Piercing and If you control another monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.

Fairly simple, just designed to be weak on it's own, but support the larger dragons. Btw, the effects do not stack if people are wondering.

Accept, Looks fun. @ Griffin - If an effect let you summon 3 of these easily, then that's the broken card, not this one.

Wyvern Lich Lord

Dark Zombie Lvl 8

2400 Atk 3000 Def

This card is always treated as a Dragon-Type monster. You can Normal Summon Dragon and Zombie Type Monsters from your graveyard. If you would Tribute Summon a Monster this way, you may Tribute Cards from your hand instead.

I think normal summoning from the grave is fine (especially attached to a 2-tribute body), it's just the tribute summon clause that I don't like.

Violent Swarm

Earth Insect Lvl 5

1000 Atk 1000 Def

You must tribute Insect-type monsters to Tribute Summon this card.

This card cannot be used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon.

Neither player takes battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack.

When this card is Normal Summoned. Special Summon up to 4 "Swarm Tokens" (Insect-Type/Earth/Level 5/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). They have "This card cannot used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon. Neither player takes battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack."

I love the idea on this, but I agree with Griffin, too much destruction for the current game. I think 2 tokens (for a total of 3000 sunder) would be fine, and still be usable.

Hellrush Hippogriff

Fire Winged-Beast Lvl 8

2800 Atk 2500 Def

If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. When this Card attack, return all Face-Down Spell/Trap Cards to the opponent's hand.

Yeah, it doesn't give much interaction. Dislike it for the same reasons.

@Ambush

The fix looks fine. At least now it won't punish pretty much any Level4 beater.

Suggesting a fix on Ambush because the "survived" word looks awkward:

At the end of the Damage Step, if this Defense Position card was attacked by a monster whose ATK is lower than this card's DEF and inflicted Battle Damage to the opponent: Destroy the attacking monster and draw 1 card.

@seattleite

For the position changing three note that Quickdraw Shield, Stumbling, and Labrinth of Nightmare all exist in the format right now.

For multi-gene, what if its wording was changed to "For any cost, effect, or requirement, this card's owner decides what type it is treated as." ? I'm trying to avoid it being too insane for anything benefiting multi-types, by making it only one at a time. If multiple cards like that exist in the future, I'd rather all the weird wording was focused on this card instead of being split through all those.

For Vishap, note that currently the 1500 attribute searchers can basically grab a 2500 with this and some setup. It's not hard to imagine something making it easy to swarm level 3/1200 ATK dudes, and this card lets them suddenly change to 2500 if you have the right cards. I don't think a 'control 1' clause would hurt it much, its just a safety thing to avoid dangerous situations in the future.

Nerfed Ambush:

Ambush Spider
WIND/Insect/Effect/Level 4
1400/1800
At the end of the Damage Step, if this Defense Position card was attacked by a monster whose ATK is lower than this card's DEF: draw a card. Then, if this card inflicted Battle Damage to the opponent: Destroy the attacking monster.

Accepting new Whirlpool Mouth. Also, big thanks to Seatt and Voltex for going through all those cards, helps to have more people generating feedback.

A new Card Suggestion:

Blue Rose, Blade of Mercy
LIGHT/Warrior/Effect/Level 4
2000/1600
When there would be Battle Damage involving this card, that player is healed by that amount instead. Piercing. 

Big 2000 ATK Warrior beater that can't deal damage - quite the opposite.

Card Suggestion:

Green Rose, Venom's Dagger
DARK/Fiend/Effect/Level 4
2000/1600
When this card would deal battle damage, its controller takes that damage instead. Piercing.

Its counterpart, because counterparts are fun. 

Card Suggestion:

Reposition
Normal Trap
Activate one or both of the following effects:
1) Change a face-up monster to Defense Position.
2) Redirect the attack of an opponent's monster to a monster you control.

Card Suggestion:

Shield-Tail Dragon
EARTH/Dragon/Level 6
2200/2700
You can Special Summon this card by changing two monsters you control to Defense Position. Their positions cannot be manually changed for the rest of this turn. This card cannot be used as material for a Synchro or XYZ Summon during the turn it was Summoned.

Card Suggestion: 

Benevolence's Treasure
Quick-Play Spell
Select one of the following effects. You can only activate each effect of Benevolence's Treasure once per turn.
1) Both players gain 500 Life Points. During the End Phase, add 1 Fairy from your Deck to your hand, and your opponent draws 1 card.
2) Activate during a turn you gained Life Points due to a card effect: Banish this card to draw 2 cards.

Card Suggestion:

Clockwork Leviathan
WATER/Machine/Effect/Level 6
2000/2500
When a monster(s) you control has its battle position changed by a card effect, this card gains 300 ATK. During the End Phase, you can change the battle position of this card.

So it seems like battle position changing will be the big focus in this set then?

Accept Reposition, but you might want to make the attack directing one only redirect to a defense position monster (so the attacking monster doesn't get destroyed) OR make it redirect to a weaker monster (So you still have a sort of a cost. Other effect is good

I'm not really sure what the point of Blue and Green Roses are, because you can't do damage with them. Could have some Creature Swap shenanigans. Not accepting yet.

Can't be bothered doing the others right now.

The point of the Blue/Green Rose is to kill other monsters, with 2000 ATK and no field-downside being very powerful.

Battle Position changing is fun, since it makes DEF more relevant than usual and offers some nice tactical choices, and I'm also trying to make it a Deck type at the same time.

Reposition being able to kill stuff by changing it to attack a big dude is intentional, considering how much trouble that has in destroying bosses. I think there's enough ways to play around that in the set and it can make some nice combos.

A new Card Suggestion:

2000/1600
When there would be Battle Damage involving this card, that player is healed by that amount instead. Piercing. 

2000/1600
When this card would deal battle damage, its controller takes that damage instead. Piercing.

Accepting both because they can't cause much impact aside from being beaters, even if Skill Drain comes to this format.

Card Suggestion:

Reposition
Normal Trap

Accept, it does what a Trap Card should do without being abusable.

Card Suggestion:

Shield-Tail Dragon
EARTH/Dragon/Level 6
2200/2700
You can Special Summon this card by changing two monsters you control to Defense Position. Their positions cannot be manually changed for the rest of this turn. This card cannot be used as material for a Synchro or XYZ Summon during the turn it was Summoned.

Accept

Card Suggestion: 

Benevolence's Treasure
Quick-Play Spell
Select one of the following effects. You can only activate each effect of Benevolence's Treasure once per turn.
1) Both players gain 500 Life Points. During the End Phase, add 1 Fairy from your Deck to your hand, and your opponent draws 1 card.
2) Activate during a turn you gained Life Points due to a card effect: Banish this card to draw 2 cards.

It searches any Fairy monster, without any stats restriction. Sure, it gives interaction with the opponent in the form of LP and card gain, but still, I think searchers like this should be avoided, simply because it is a Spell Card. If it was a monster with some kind of requirement to met before activating the effect I would be fine. Also, the second effect is going to be easily abused with that Tribute monster that makes you gain LP or if you take damage from a battle with Blue Rose, it virtually becomes a Pot of Greed with a little to no-cost requirement.

Card Suggestion:

Clockwork Leviathan
2000/2500
When a monster(s) you control has its battle position changed by a card effect, this card gains 300 ATK. During the End Phase, you can change the battle position of this card.

Accept. Seems like deck control is gonna be a thing this format.

#29 Card Suggestion:

Nightmare Daemon

DARK/Level 8/Fiend

If you are Tributing a Fiend-Type monster, this card can be Normal Summoned with 1 Tribute. When this card is Summoned: Change its battle position. Once per turn: You can target 1 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. If you Normal Summon the returned monster this turn: Sunder all monsters by the Level of that monster x100.

ATK/ 1400 DEF/ 2800

So, my thought was to use something in conjunction with Devil's Contract (I don't know if it is going to be on the Set but I really liked it) that was easy but powerful to use with Fiends. It basically revives the tributed monster with a cost of sunder all monsters on the field, which means every monster lose power and, since most Fiends are DARK, less damage if using the monster to attack with the Field Spell for DARK monsters. Originally it had 0 ATK, but to balance it a little if used with Devil's Contract, I gave it 1400 ATK (so you lose 1400 LP when it leaves the field). And it had a discard cost to add a Fiend from the Graveyard, but I felt it would make too underpowered. Anyway, if someone thinks that with the discard cost it will be fine, fell free to say

#Ruling: If this card is not on the field when the returned monster is Normal Summoned, there will be no Sunder effect.

I agree that Benev's second effect is probably too good. I disagree about the first. With Gold Sarc @3, search is intended to be less dangerous this format: It's first effect is a -1 delayed search since your opponent draws a card, and it's intended to be a 'backup' if the card's second effect would be dead due to no activators.

Anyone have a good idea on how to tone down the second effect and have it still be worth running? The draws could be end phase, the opponent could draw one, you could shuffle a card back after you draw, or it could give your opponent LP, although that might have to be really big to make up for the +2.

Also, maybe it shouldn't be quick-play?

@Daemon
(Devil's has made it into the set, it should be on the card list in the first post along with everything else accepted in)
It's a +1 each turn - the Sunder feels a bit weak and doesn't overly change how the card plays. It seems overall probably low enough DEF to run over before it really gets out of control, and Fiends don't have the level of protection of Warriors or Dragons, so an advantage engine like this might be fine. I think that balance-wise this card is in an alright spot, but its design just doesn't feel all that exciting for a boss, willing to let it in if others want to accept though.

Well, it was more like a support monster, not a boss, like described on the card list (Level 7 or higher Fiend-Type-Supporting-Fiend). And his effect couldn't be anymore supportive to Fiends, IMO. But I kinda agree that a +1 per turn is easily abusable, so I think that with the discard cost it would be fine? (Awaiting for others opinions)

Problem with Benev's is that it is not delayed as Gold Sarc is. But yeah, Gold Sarc can search anything and don't +1 your opponent, so the first effect can be accepted. 

About the second part: Maybe make it draw 2 but only if you were healed by the effect of a monster you control, and then banish that monster and gain more LP to justify losing it?

Ideally I'd like the second, situational, effect to remain a +1 in most situations, but possibly balanced by restrictions/drawbacks like giving LP, unable to special summon, skipping battle phase, ect - something like that instead of just reducing its effect.

You're right that the slot doesn't really need to be a boss; generally each of the supported types should have a high level supporter and a boss, but they can be the same card so there's only one slot, the other can go somewhere further down the list. We don't really have that boss for fiends yet so I was thinking of it in that light. I'm still waiting to see some of the other big Fiends this thing might be supporting to give context to this card as supporting cast, or hear other's opinions.

Currently at airport with nothing to do, then I remember my request for being a part of this.

#26 Card Suggestion

Pure Wing Baby Dragon

LIGHT/Dragon/Effect/Level 1

300/200

While you control another Dragon-Type monster other than "Pure Wing Baby Dragon", this card cannot be targeted for an attack or by a card effect. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field whose current ATK and/or DEF is different from its original ATK and/or DEF; its ATK and DEF become its original ATK and DEF. Then, if that monster is a monster you control, once during this turn, if that target would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, it is not destroyed.

#38 Card Suggestion

Shadow Corruption

Continuous Spell

When a DARK monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, when you take damage while you control a face-up DARK monster: Your opponent randomly discard 1 card from their hand. If that card was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its Level x 200.

Reposition

I really like this card. Either block an attack like Book of Moon, Enemy Controller, Zero Gravity, etc. or force a monster to crash. Accepting it.

By the way. I like how the backrow is shifting to Battle Position and ATK/DEF modification tricks in YDF, instead of the removal backrow I'm so used to from TCG (Dimensional Prison, Mirror Force, etc.)

Blue/Green Rose

I'm fine with these ones. Accepting them

However, I feel it would be more fitting if they were Plants, if only from their names, even if they don't go with their "growth" theme.

Shield-Tail Dragon

An easy-to-drop wall or 2200-ATK beater if you have enough monsters on the field, also works well with the recent Position-changing monsters by triggering their effects. This could be more or less an engine that helps the deck to take off. Accepting it.

Clockwork Leviathan

I know you want Position-Change deck to be a thing, but I think this pushes it a bit too far. In theory, this could easily get several ATK boosts in a single turn with the right setup and turn into a dangerous 3000+ ATK beater that will get bigger each turn it remains on your field.

I want Leviathan to work. What changes do you think could be made? Maximum of 2 triggers/turn maybe?

Blue Rose is a reference to the Pathfinder Cavalier Order. Green Rose is a made up counterpart.

Card Suggestion:

Balanced Offer

Quick-Play Spell

Declare a multiple of 100 (maximum 2000) and target a monster; Your opponent selects one of the following effects for you to activate:

1) The targeted monster loses that much attack. Lose that many Life Points.

2) Draw a card. Gain that many Life Points.

Didn't know about that Cavalier Order. Their types should be fine, then.

For Leviathan, how about making the ATK boosts to last until the end of your opponent's turn? That way you won't be able to stack +300 ATK boosts and the End Phase switch effect would have at least 1 more application: Change to DEF if it is the bigger stat, or to ATK if it would reach a value higher than 2500.

I think I'll do that and push the DEF to 2600.

Clockwork Leviathan
2000/2600
When a monster(s) you control has its battle position changed by a card effect, this card gains 300 ATK until the End Phase of the next turn. During the End Phase, you can change the battle position of this card.

Oh my god, the one day I leave and go outside is the day I come to find 10+ new posts full of suggestions and arguments xD

Card Suggestions:

(For possible future sets if need to be, I mean, they are all Fairies soooo yeah... )

Forest Guardeer:
EARTH Level 2 [Fairy / Effect] 200/400

When you would gain LP, you can Special Summon this card from your hand instead. When your opponent targets a monster for an attack, you can change the target to this card. When this card is destroyed: Gain 800 LP.

Kuribee:

WIND Level 1 [Fairy / Effect] 100/600

During a battle involving 2 monsters, if a player would take battle damage: You can discard this card; monsters are not destroyed in this battle, reduce the battle damage to players to 0 and sunder the attack target by 800. Then, if it was a battle involving a Fairy monster(s), you gain LP equal to the damage reduced.

Sacred Pond's Spirit:

WATER Level 3 [Fairy / Effect] 100/800

During either player's turn: You can discard this card: Gain 800 LP (you can only activate this effect of "Sacred Pond's Spirit" once per turn). When you Normal Summon a Fairy: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; gain 800 LP.

Blazing Haze Fairy:

FIRE Level 4 [Fairy / Effect] 1400/200

Once per turn, when you would gain LP: You can have this card gain that much ATK instead until your next turn's End Phase (you cannot activate this effect while this card is still affected by its own effect). When this card is destroyed: Gain 400 LP.

Pond of Wishes:
[Counter Trap]

Activate when you would gain LP: You can reveal up to 2 Fairy monsters from your Deck with a total DEF equal or lower than the LP you would gain; reduce the LP gain by their combined DEF, and if you do, add them to your hand.

Bit worried about Blazing Haze w/ Chef, since it looks like Chef will get in. Might not be too broken, though, considering its situationalness and that it expires. 

Beyond that I think I'd want to avoid Pond since it doesn't quite feel right for this set. The others seem solid and we could add them, I'm going to Accept all four and say we should hold back on more LP gain suggestions now.

As for Noel's, I'm gonna say no Tuners (or Synchros, Fusions, Rituals, Gemini, Pendulum, Spirits) for this set. Ignoring that, I think the card is fine. Small dude that can strip away an Axe of Despair or neuter some ATK penalty/Sunder while giving him resistance to destruction. Accept with the tuner bit removed.

I'm not a big fan of Shadow Corruption. Seems really weird in how you play with the discards, and potentially a bit too crazy considering how good discards are.

Bit worried about Blazing Haze w/ Chef, since it looks like Chef will get in. Might not be too broken, though, considering its situationalness and that it expires. 

Beyond that I think I'd want to avoid Pond since it doesn't quite feel right for this set. The others seem solid and we could add them, I'm going to Accept all four and say we should hold back on more LP gain suggestions now.

As for Noel's, I'm gonna say no Tuners (or Synchros, Fusions, Rituals, Gemini, Pendulum, Spirits) for this set. Ignoring that, I think the card is fine. Small dude that can strip away an Axe of Despair or neuter some ATK penalty/Sunder while giving him resistance to destruction. Accept with the tuner bit removed.

I'm not a big fan of Shadow Corruption. Seems really weird in how you play with the discards, and potentially a bit too crazy considering how good discards are.

Alright, Tuner type will be removed

As for Corruption, I made it based on what the DARK field can do. A suggestion for discard's replacement would be great.

Alright, I'll do that

Shadow Corruption

Continuous Spell

When a DARK monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Inflict 400 damage to your opponent. If you take damage while you control a DARK monster: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; Sunder it by 400.

Card Suggestion

Espionage

Normal Spell

Give control of 1 monster to your opponent. Gain LP equal to its ATK.. That monster cannot be tributed or used as material for the summon of a monster, until your opponent's 2nd End Phase after activation.

Bizarre Bazaar

Normal Spell Card

Activate when each player controls at least 1 monster. Both players select 1 Monster in their opponent's Graveyards (opponent chooses first), and Special Summon them to their side of the field. The player that summoned the monster with greater ATK must give control of 1 monster they control (except the summoned monster).

@seattleite

For the position changing three note that Quickdraw Shield, Stumbling, and Labrinth of Nightmare all exist in the format right now.

Okay, so Stormcloud is like clown control. I can dig that. Accept. But the pixies still require too much setup to be worth running. What does Labyrinth have to do with it?

For multi-gene, what if its wording was changed to "For any cost, effect, or requirement, this card's owner decides what type it is treated as." ? I'm trying to avoid it being too insane for anything benefiting multi-types, by making it only one at a time. If multiple cards like that exist in the future, I'd rather all the weird wording was focused on this card instead of being split through all those.

Sure.

For Vishap, note that currently the 1500 attribute searchers can basically grab a 2500 with this and some setup. It's not hard to imagine something making it easy to swarm level 3/1200 ATK dudes, and this card lets them suddenly change to 2500 if you have the right cards. I don't think a 'control 1' clause would hurt it much, its just a safety thing to avoid dangerous situations in the future.

Sure.

2000/1600

Big 2000 ATK Warrior beater that can't deal damage - quite the opposite.

Accept

2000/1600

Its counterpart, because counterparts are fun. 

Accept

Reposition
Normal Trap

Accept

Shield-Tail Dragon
EARTH/Dragon/Level 6
2200/2700

Accept

Benevolence's Treasure
Quick-Play Spell

I would Accept it with a small fix to effect #1 - "You can only activate this effect during your Main Phase. I dislike chaining this to a backrow removal which pretty much negates any cost.

#29 Card Suggestion:

Nightmare Daemon

DARK/Level 8/Fiend

If you are Tributing a Fiend-Type monster, this card can be Normal Summoned with 1 Tribute. When this card is Summoned: Change its battle position. Once per turn: You can target 1 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. If you Normal Summon the returned monster this turn: Sunder all monsters by the Level of that monster x100.

ATK/ 1400 DEF/ 2800

So, my thought was to use something in conjunction with Devil's Contract (I don't know if it is going to be on the Set but I really liked it) that was easy but powerful to use with Fiends. It basically revives the tributed monster with a cost of sunder all monsters on the field, which means every monster lose power and, since most Fiends are DARK, less damage if using the monster to attack with the Field Spell for DARK monsters. Originally it had 0 ATK, but to balance it a little if used with Devil's Contract, I gave it 1400 ATK (so you lose 1400 LP when it leaves the field). And it had a discard cost to add a Fiend from the Graveyard, but I felt it would make too underpowered. Anyway, if someone thinks that with the discard cost it will be fine, fell free to say

#Ruling: If this card is not on the field when the returned monster is Normal Summoned, there will be no Sunder effect.

I think it definitely needs the discard cost. This could be big stuff later on, and with contract? Oh man...

If you accept the discard cost, you could have it just sunder the opponent's monsters.

For the ruling, just say "If you Normal Summon the returned monster this turn, and this card is face-up on the field, ..."

Currently at airport with nothing to do, then I remember my request for being a part of this.

Pure Wing Baby Dragon

300/200

While you control another Dragon-Type monster other than "Pure Wing Baby Dragon", this card cannot be targeted for an attack or by a card effect. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field whose current ATK and/or DEF is different from its original ATK and/or DEF; its ATK and DEF become its original ATK and DEF. Then, if that monster is a monster you control, once during this turn, if that target would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, it is not destroyed.

It's fine balance-wise but curious what combos you see with this card? Cause I'm just not seeing them :P  Accept

Balanced Offer

Quick-Play Spell

Declare a multiple of 100 (maximum 2000) and target a monster; Your opponent selects one of the following effects for you to activate:

Hilarious card. Accept

I think I'll do that and push the DEF to 2600.

Clockwork Leviathan
2000/2600
When a monster(s) you control has its battle position changed by a card effect, this card gains 300 ATK until the End Phase of the next turn. During the End Phase, you can change the battle position of this card.

What if it were just for any changed battle position (including manually, except 'Clockwork Leviathan') Cause now I feel like it relies on drawing the right cards too much.

Forest Guardeer:

When you would gain LP, you can Special Summon this card from your hand instead. When your opponent targets a monster for an attack, you can change the target to this card. When this card is destroyed: Gain 800 LP.

Ruling Q: Is the first effect a continuous effect, like Zenmaines? It seems like it can 'activate' in the middle of a chain. Does it start a chain?

I would change the first effect to 'If you gain LP (including in the damage step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand." Doesn't seem like foregoing some heal is a necessary drawback.

Kuribee:

During a battle involving 2 monsters, if a player would take battle damage: You can discard this card; monsters are not destroyed in this battle, reduce the battle damage to players to 0 and sunder the attack target by 800. Then, if it was a battle involving a Fairy monster(s), you gain LP equal to the damage reduced.

Funky effect... but wouldn't you want to sunder the attacking monster instead? If that's too strong, I dunno.... because right now sundering your protected monster by 800 feels too weak.

Sacred Pond's Spirit:

During either player's turn: You can discard this card: Gain 800 LP (you can only activate this effect of "Sacred Pond's Spirit" once per turn). When you Normal Summon a Fairy: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; gain 800 LP.

Accept

Blazing Haze Fairy:

Once per turn, when you would gain LP: You can have this card gain that much ATK instead until your next turn's End Phase (you cannot activate this effect while this card is still affected by its own effect). When this card is destroyed: Gain 400 LP.

If you have that parenthesized part then you don't need the OPT. Accept

Pond of Wishes:
[Counter Trap]

Activate when you would gain LP: You can reveal up to 2 Fairy monsters from your Deck with a total DEF equal or lower than the LP you would gain; reduce the LP gain by their combined DEF, and if you do, add them to your hand.

Timing is needed.  "Activate when an effect that increases your LP is activated: Reveal up to 2 Fairies from your Deck. During the effect's resolution, reduce the LP Gained by the combined DEF of the revealed monster(s) (if able). If you do, immediately after resolution, add them to your hand.

Really creative :D Accept

MultiGene-1800 Atk seems cool then. The "For any cost, effect, or requirement, this card's owner decides what type it is treated as." is a weird wording but it preserves it being any type in the deck and hand ect. so I am fine with this.

Multi-Gene Mutant

Light Psychic Lvl 4

1700 Atk 1200 Def

For any cost, effect, or requirement, this card's owner decides what type it is treated as.

Vishap Attendant-A highlander clause is resonable, understood.

Vishap Attendant

Wind Dragon Lvl 3

1200 Atk 1100 Def

You can only control 1 face-up "Vishap Attendent"

This card gains the following effects depending of the Lvl of the highest lvl Dragon-type monster you control:

Lvl 4:This card counts as 2 tributes for the tribute summon of a Dragon-type monster

Lvl 5-6:This card gain 600 Atk and If you control another monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.

Lvl 7+:This card gains 1300 Atk, Piercing and If you control another monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.

Wyvern Lich Lord-It did pass me by that by tributing stuff you would fuel it's effect. Removed that part if it seems like too much. It can't summon the creator though, due to it neither being a dragon or a zombie. 

Wyvern Lich Lord

Dark Zombie Lvl 8

2400 Atk 3000 Def

This card is always treated as a Dragon-Type monster. You can Normal Summon Dragon and Zombie Type Monsters from your graveyard.

Violent Swarm-Change to make 2, removed the insect restriction and allowed them to deal damage.

Violent Swarm

Earth Insect Lvl 5

1000 Atk 1000 Def

You take no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack.

When this card is Normal Summoned. Special Summon up to 2 "Swarm Tokens" (Insect-Type/Earth/Level 5/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). They have "This card cannot used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon. You takes no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack."

Also, given that none of these cards will be printed, will we do a hearthstone and retroactivly change effects to balence them?

#26 Card Suggestion

Pure Wing Baby Dragon

300/200

#38 Card Suggestion

Shadow Corruption

Continuous Spell

When a DARK monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, when you take damage while you control a face-up DARK monster: Your opponent randomly discard 1 card from their hand. If that card was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its Level x 200.

Pure Wing is a stalling Dragon, huh? Accepting because non-aggressive Dragons seems like a new way to play them.

As much as I like DARK monsters, Shadow Corruption gives you too much advantage, but you already changed the effect to Sunder by 400, right? If so, Accept.

I want Leviathan to work. What changes do you think could be made? Maximum of 2 triggers/turn maybe?

Blue Rose is a reference to the Pathfinder Cavalier Order. Green Rose is a made up counterpart.

Card Suggestion:

Balanced Offer

Quick-Play Spell

I could see it being a Trap Card, not Quick-Play. Quick play spells are stronger than normal Traps because you can use it right when you draw it, while Traps need a set up first. And this card involves damage calculation, which is seen more often in Trap Cards. To me, if a Trap Card, then I'll Accept.

Oh my god, the one day I leave and go outside is the day I come to find 10+ new posts full of suggestions and arguments xD

Card Suggestions:

(For possible future sets if need to be, I mean, they are all Fairies soooo yeah... )

Forest Guardeer:

Kuribee:

Sacred Pond's Spirit:

Blazing Haze Fairy:

Pond of Wishes:
[Counter Trap]

At Pond of Wishes: Griffin already did a non-restriction Quick-Play Spell Card that adds ANY Fairy from your Deck and I kinda disliked it, this one is following the same pattern. With that many supports that make you gain LP, this card is on the edge of being broken. Chef's effect make you gain 2000 LP and most of the Fairy I've seen here have a very low DEF, guarantying you almost every Fairy on this Set to you hand, not only 1 but 2. And you still gain LP if the combined DEF of them are lower than 2000. Not even one drawback with a too much powerful effect. It is also a Counter Trap, which doesn't make too much sense since gaining LP shouldn't be a thing you want to Counter, and by being Counter only another one could negate it.

At the other ones I don't see any problem, and kinda liked Kuribee, it has the essence of Kuri monsters. Accept

Card Suggestion

Espionage

Normal Spell

Give control of 1 monster to your opponent. Gain LP equal to its ATK.. That monster cannot be tributed or used as material for the summon of a monster, until your opponent's 2nd End Phase after activation.

Bizarre Bazaar

Normal Spell Card

Activate when each player controls at least 1 monster. Both players select 1 Monster in their opponent's Graveyards (opponent chooses first), and Special Summon them to their side of the field. The player that summoned the monster with greater ATK must give control of 1 monster they control (except the summoned monster).

Accepting Espionage, but Bizarre Bazaar is looking awkward to me, idk. If you are able to activate its effect and gain control of a monster your opponent controls you gain 2 free monsters, with no effect restrictions, no phase skipping or nothing. Stealing monsters for the price of nothing is dangerous can win games, so it is a no to me.

MultiGene-1800 Atk seems cool then. The "For any cost, effect, or requirement, this card's owner decides what type it is treated as." is a weird wording but it preserves it being any type in the deck and hand ect. so I am fine with this.

Multi-Gene Mutant

Light Psychic Lvl 4

1700 Atk 1200 Def

For any cost, effect, or requirement, this card's owner decides what type it is treated as.

Vishap Attendant-A highlander clause is resonable, understood.

Vishap Attendant

Wind Dragon Lvl 3

1200 Atk 1100 Def

You can only control 1 face-up "Vishap Attendent"

Wyvern Lich Lord-It did pass me by that by tributing stuff you would fuel it's effect. Removed that part if it seems like too much. It can't summon the creator though, due to it neither being a dragon or a zombie. 

Wyvern Lich Lord

Dark Zombie Lvl 8

2400 Atk 3000 Def

This card is always treated as a Dragon-Type monster. You can Normal Summon Dragon and Zombie Type Monsters from your graveyard.

Violent Swarm-Change to make 2, removed the insect restriction and allowed them to deal damage.

Violent Swarm

Earth Insect Lvl 5

1000 Atk 1000 Def

You take no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack.

When this card is Normal Summoned. Special Summon up to 2 "Swarm Tokens" (Insect-Type/Earth/Level 5/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). They have "This card cannot used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon. You takes no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack."

Also, given that none of these cards will be printed, will we do a hearthstone and retroactivly change effects to balence them?

Wyvern Lich Lord has a powerful effect in form of +1 with no drawbacks at all, but by being a Level 8 monster it kinda balances him. Maybe make it "Cannot be Special Summoned. Can only be Tribute Summoned by Tributing Dragon or Zombie-Type monsters." And make the Dragons summoned from Grave become Zombies, this way they don't get the support from the Dragons, but can gain Zombie support.

Violent Swarm I saw it early when it was SS 5 tokens, but even with SS only 2 it still strong to me. The Sunder is permanent, too high and it is easily summoned. Make it can only be summoned by tributing insects or unable to summon other monsters while you have a Token on the field. The others are Accepted.

Took the advice and modified Nightmare Daemon:

Nightmare Daemon

DARK/Level 8/Fiend

If you are Tributing a Fiend-Type monster, this card can be Normal Summoned with 1 Tribute. When this card is Summoned: Change its battle position. Once per turn: You can target 1 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; discard 1 card, and if you do, add that target to your hand. If you Normal Summon the returned monster this turn, while this card is face-up on the field: Sunder all monsters your opponent controls by the Level of that monster x100.

ATK/ 1400 DEF/ 2800

-Added a discard cost

-Only Sunder the opponent monsters now

-Added "while this card is face-up on the field" to avoid ruling problems

I'm not sure what the right number would be, but I'm willing to Accept Shadow Corruption for now.

Espionage
Normal Spell

Not a fan of this; it feels like anything that would run it would be really gimmicky and a bit annoying to play against.

Bizarre Bazaar
Normal Spell Card

Trying to figure out how this would play hurts my head. I think the best use is if the lowest ATK in your Grave is lower than the lowest in theirs, but the highest in yours is not more scary than the highest on their field, and they only control 1 monster, so you grab control of it, or you have a weak monster and they have something strong in their Grave while you don't. Between choosing the activation timing and your opponent picking first, I think this has just too good best-case scenarios, especially since it has no downsides for the turn.

Going to Accept the current version of all Nylae's cards.

I'll Accept the new Nightmare Daemon. Seatt said he would if it got changed, so going to put it in right away.

v2

Benevolence's Treasure
Quick-Play Spell
1) Activate during your turn: Both players gain 500 Life Points. During the End Phase, add 1 Fairy from your Deck to your hand, and your opponent draws 1 card.
2) Activate during a turn you gained Life Points due to a card effect: Banish this card to draw 2 cards. Your opponent gains 500 Life Points.

v3

Clockwork Leviathan
2000/2600
When another monster(s) you control has its battle position changed, this card gains 300 ATK until the End Phase of the next turn. During the End Phase, you can change the battle position of this card.

Balanced Offer was made a quick-play to increase its power intentionally, since you can never get a specific effect out of it. 

Card Suggestion:

Judas Dragon

DARK/Dragon/Effect/Level 5

1900/1900

During either player's turn, you can Special Summon this monster by tributing a non-token monster you control. If it was a Dragon, this card gains 400 ATK.

Sleepy's wording updates have been applied.

Chef of Heaven's Banquet, Serenity, Flow of Battle, Chronoeater, Solitary Dragon, Re-FLIP, Possessed Dark Prince, Possessed Asmodeus, Level Destructor, Ambush Spider, Reposition, Shield-Tail Dragon, Blue Rose - Blade of Mercy, Playful Pixies, Green Rose - Venom's Dagger, Charged Stormcloud, Shadow Corruption, Crankwheel Cannon, Multi-Gene Mutant, Vishap Attendant, Forest Guardeer, Balanced Offer, Blazing Haze Fairy, Sacred Pond Spirit, Kuribee, Pure Wing Baby Dragon have been added. I might have missed some that have been added in this list, and might have not added some that should have been accepted. So point that out if you notice it.

The set is getting really full. Make sure to check the requirements list before adding anything else. We need some level 5+ generic monsters, LIGHT support, and contest cards. I'm going to post the next contest tonight. I would really appreciate more feedback from you guys: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327383-ydf-designer-contest-series-1-the-armys-commander/

Currently, I'm leaning towards Alicia as winning since I think the ability to search Summoning Horn helps the current Warrior Deck a ton. 

EDIT: I messed with the sheet so contest cards and unfinished requirements are at the top.

EDIT2: Since the set is so near completion, I'm removing 2 of the upcoming contests - DARK Support Monster, already filled, and Dragon Support Spell, now open, so that the contests don't drag the set on way longer than needed.

I like Judas Dragon's shenanigans. I accept.

I haven't really been a fan of Leviathan in any of its incarnations. Too many bad shenanigans happen with this guy. Especially when switching tour monsters from defense position to attack.

Not really a fan of Benevolence's Treasure either. I'm not really sure why though.

Archived